Tweets not loading

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 72000
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1405
x 3041

Tweets not loading

Postby Derwood » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:50 pm

Mac OS, Chrome.

Over the last few days, imbedded tweets don't appear. I just get "Loading tweet...." . Quoted tweets appear as blocks of text.

I have not changed any of my browser settings. Tweets load fine on my phone (iOS, Safari)
0 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!
Posts: 33251
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2938
x 7101
Contact:

Re: Tweets not loading

Postby big ball chunky time » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:59 pm

i've noticed that happen to me before if im browsing on a computer that's not logged into a twitter account
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 72000
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1405
x 3041

Re: Tweets not loading

Postby Derwood » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:15 pm

big ball chunky time wrote:i've noticed that happen to me before if im browsing on a computer that's not logged into a twitter account


That doesn't seem to be the problem. I can click on the "Loading tweet" link and see the tweet on Twitter (where I'm logged in)
0 x

User avatar
Tim
Hall of Fame
Posts: 45717
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:02 pm
Location: Naperville, IL
x 82
x 2764
Contact:

Re: Tweets not loading

Postby Tim » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:38 pm

Derwood wrote:
big ball chunky time wrote:i've noticed that happen to me before if im browsing on a computer that's not logged into a twitter account


That doesn't seem to be the problem. I can click on the "Loading tweet" link and see the tweet on Twitter (where I'm logged in)

Maybe twitter is just angry with you for bagging on it for years and years.
7 x
Spoiler: show

Image

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 72000
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1405
x 3041

Re: Tweets not loading

Postby Derwood » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:33 pm

Tim wrote:
Derwood wrote:
big ball chunky time wrote:i've noticed that happen to me before if im browsing on a computer that's not logged into a twitter account


That doesn't seem to be the problem. I can click on the "Loading tweet" link and see the tweet on Twitter (where I'm logged in)

Maybe twitter is just angry with you for bagging on it for years and years.


That must be it, thanks Admin
0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61610
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3245
x 11391

Re: Tweets not loading

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:17 pm

thinking about posting "loads not tweeting", but not sure about it
3 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 72000
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1405
x 3041

Re: Tweets not loading

Postby Derwood » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:57 pm

I run AdBlock Plus and Superblocker on Chrome. Seems like Superblocker suddenly decided it didn't like imbedded tweets. I turned that off and now its fine
0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 67987
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 6577
x 6349

Re: Tweets not loading

Postby Banedon » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:18 am

embedded
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 72000
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1405
x 3041

Re: Tweets not loading

Postby Derwood » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:22 am

Banedon wrote:embedded


also that
0 x

User avatar
weis21
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9274
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:45 am
Location: ECU
x 6847
x 1370

Re: Tweets not loading

Postby weis21 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:47 am

Derwood wrote:I run AdBlock Plus and Superblocker

What do you have against Tim? Smh
0 x


Return to “Site Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests