Page 1 of 9

Tim's To Do List

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:21 pm
by Tim
  1. Get Archives online
  2. Post Love (ability to "love" a post)
  3. Donation Link
  4. Ads
  5. Avatars
  6. Images on the bbcode buttons
  7. YouTube embedding
  8. Tapatalk
  9. Hyperlinks open in a new tab
  10. Get a nsbb header image back.
  11. Figure out why old members keep showing as being online
  12. Reinstall the front page of the site
  13. Fix the nsbb.com redirect
  14. Get the numbers to sync
  15. Fix new user registration

I'll keep this thread up to date. Please use it to post your suggestions below.

Re: Tim's To Do List

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:25 pm
by Sammy Sofa
Bring back likes.

Bring back avatars.

How come the post window shows all the options as grey buttons instead of the icons/graphics they used to be?

Re: Tim's To Do List

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:25 pm
by jersey cubs fan
is there something that will make youtube clips show up on the site instead of having a link?

Re: Tim's To Do List

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:26 pm
by Tim
Sammy Sofa wrote:Bring back likes.

Bring back avatars.

How come the post window shows all the options as grey buttons instead of the icons/graphics they used to be?

Likes are the post love thing.

The avatars and the buttons must have to do with images...I'll check into that one.

Re: Tim's To Do List

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:28 pm
by Tim
jersey cubs fan wrote:is there something that will make youtube clips show up on the site instead of having a link?

I had that working, right? I'll see if I can get that back up and running.

Re: Tim's To Do List

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:28 pm
by jersey cubs fan
Tim wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:is there something that will make youtube clips show up on the site instead of having a link?

I had that working, right? I'll see if I can get that back up and running.

it used to be that way but when I posted one today it ended up just being a link

Re: Tim's To Do List

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:39 pm
by OleMissCub
posted a link and nothing more and it worked today

Re: Tim's To Do List

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:52 pm
by Sammy Sofa
Unban da Bum.

Re: Tim's To Do List

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:58 pm
by UMFan83
You crossed off getting the archives online. Am I missing them somewhere?

Edit: never mind found it

Re: Tim's To Do List

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:00 am
by UMFan83
Can you get it so notifications are only for posts liked and PMs? I would be ok with also getting notifications when you are quoted.

Re: Tim's To Do List

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:34 am
by David
UMFan83 wrote:Can you get it so notifications are only for posts liked and PMs? I would be ok with also getting notifications when you are quoted.


Pretty sure you can set that for yourself.

Re: Tim's To Do List

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:22 am
by Butterscup
Sammy Sofa wrote:Unban da Bum.


Seconded.

Re: Tim's To Do List

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:19 am
by Banedon
Youtube test link.....

EDIT: Appears to be working by just posting the link with no bbcode.



Re: Tim's To Do List

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:17 am
by Derwood
I see "Avatars" on your list. Is that adding the ability to link to image URL's?

Re: Tim's To Do List

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:21 am
by Sammy Sofa
No, dummy; the little pictures under people's names.

Re: Tim's To Do List

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:34 am
by seanimal
lmao @derwood

Re: Tim's To Do List

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:49 am
by Derwood
I know, idiots, I mean linking to URLs for your avatar. Under preferences, I only see the option to upload from my computer.

Re: Tim's To Do List

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:21 am
by seanimal
pump the brakes slender man, you were not clear on the ask

tim; first off, thanks for pasting this all back together

second, i'd like to vote against replacing the button text with image icons for the message actions. for one, most of the images are not intuitive at all, so if you don't use them often, you end up having to bring your cursor over and hover only to find out that you need to try to find a different one and maybe that time you'll get lucky. right now the buttons have words on them and we're on a message board. there's something harmonious about that arrangement. however, looking at them as-is, they are kind of ugly and somewhat nonsensically arranged. is there a way to reorder them or even a them or arrange into different rows? they're alphabetical after a certain point, but even before that it's just kind of hodgepodge

thirdly let's get rid of all the smilies except for the w flag

fourthly let's leave all the old posts in the archive

fifly thanks again for getting the lights back on

Re: Tim's To Do List

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:08 am
by Andy
I have no idea if this was the case before - I don't think it was - but the mobile site is so much better now. Automatically resizes to the screen it's on, which I don't recall it doing before. So I appreciate that.

Re: Tim's To Do List

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:15 am
by Ding Dong Johnson
seanimal wrote:second, i'd like to vote against replacing the button text with image icons for the message actions. for one, most of the images are not intuitive at all, so if you don't use them often, you end up having to bring your cursor over and hover only to find out that you need to try to find a different one and maybe that time you'll get lucky. right now the buttons have words on them and we're on a message board. there's something harmonious about that arrangement. however, looking at them as-is, they are kind of ugly and somewhat nonsensically arranged. is there a way to reorder them or even a them or arrange into different rows? they're alphabetical after a certain point, but even before that it's just kind of hodgepodge

I like this idea. It's not a huge deal from either of my work machines, but it can be somewhat more difficult when on a mobile device.

Re: Tim's To Do List

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:36 pm
by Derwood
Andy wrote:I have no idea if this was the case before - I don't think it was - but the mobile site is so much better now. Automatically resizes to the screen it's on, which I don't recall it doing before. So I appreciate that.


That's cool, I didn't notice that.

Still no way to easily navigate back to the forum you were viewing, though. There is no forum menu, link to your current sub-forum, or that "quick jump to the top" arrow.

Re: Tim's To Do List

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:06 pm
by Tracer Bullet
seanimal wrote:pump the brakes slender man, you were not clear on the ask

tim; first off, thanks for pasting this all back together

second, i'd like to vote against replacing the button text with image icons for the message actions. for one, most of the images are not intuitive at all, so if you don't use them often, you end up having to bring your cursor over and hover only to find out that you need to try to find a different one and maybe that time you'll get lucky. right now the buttons have words on them and we're on a message board. there's something harmonious about that arrangement. however, looking at them as-is, they are kind of ugly and somewhat nonsensically arranged. is there a way to reorder them or even a them or arrange into different rows? they're alphabetical after a certain point, but even before that it's just kind of hodgepodge

thirdly let's get rid of all the smilies except for the w flag

fourthly let's leave all the old posts in the archive

fifly thanks again for getting the lights back on


agree with the buttons as text v images. also agree that fifly (pronounced with a long I sound) is now a word.

Re: Tim's To Do List

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:18 pm
by Sammy Sofa
I agree the the images aren't nearly as intuitive, but there's something about those grey buttons that looks completely wrong and it's driving me a little mad.

Re: Tim's To Do List

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:14 pm
by sneakypower
8. tapatalk

Re: Tim's To Do List

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:18 pm
by Tim
sneakypower wrote:8. tapatalk

I put it on the list.