I Need Some Fantasy Keeper Help, Too

SRQCub
Starter

I Need Some Fantasy Keeper Help, Too

Postby SRQCub » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:38 am

I have to decide between Archie Bradley and Matt Wisler. Bradley has not been good but I'd get one extra year of control out of him. I don't expect to compete in 2017.

What do I do? Keeping Bradley and moving Wisler might earn me a mid-round draft pick, too.
0 x

Guancous
All-Star

Re: I Need Some Fantasy Keeper Help, Too

Postby Guancous » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:51 pm

SRQCub wrote:I have to decide between Archie Bradley and Matt Wisler. Bradley has not been good but I'd get one extra year of control out of him. I don't expect to compete in 2017.

What do I do? Keeping Bradley and moving Wisler might earn me a mid-round draft pick, too.

Arizona's infield defense should be better this year. That will help Bradley. Might as well hold onto him until his value increases. No promise Wisler turns into much more than hmore is now.
0 x
Jose Quintana will be on the next Cubs team that wins a World Series.

SRQCub
Starter

Re: I Need Some Fantasy Keeper Help, Too

Postby SRQCub » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:06 am

Made the deal. Traded a miniscule amount of Salary Cap Points (each team has 1800, and I dealt 65) for Bradley. Was then able to swing Wisler for a 7th round draft pick. 65 points might have gotten me a 10th rounder.

So I pick up an extra year of control and add a 7th round pick. Nothing that will make this a contender, but all in all, a solid turn of events.

Additionally, I was able to turn Gleyber Torres and a 5th round pick into Nomar Mazara, a 4th round pick, and a 6th round pick, and now have Carlos Gonzalez available to deal. Owning Willy Adames and Lucius Fox made that deal tolerable for me.
0 x

Return to “General Fantasy Sports Discussions”