Complain about your fantasy team that no one cares about here

Bertz
All-Star

Re: Complain about your fantasy team that no one cares about here

Postby Bertz » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:36 pm

I was up 25 in my Fantasy championship going into last night's game. I had Henry and Corey Davis, he had Davante Adams and Aaron Jones. I figured I would have rather have had his two guys, but 25 was plenty of cushion. Oops
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:06 am

My opponent in my of my finals had Gaskin, AJ dillon, and CeeDee Lamb on his bench, but he had Evans, Devante, and Jeff Wilson so it didn't matter. In my other league, Derek Henry was my highest scoring position player, so it's a goose egg this year.
0 x
"We are at a point in time where comments can be interpreted as racist, sexist, Anti-semitic, etc. depending on the circumstance and the listener." -B2B

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:15 pm

How do I tell if I'm a fantasy genius or if I just drafted Acuna third overall?
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:37 am

So, there is this rag-tag fantasy-for-cash outfit called "Underdog Fantasy." They offered a buy-one-get-one deal for their big-draw contest: a 25 dollar entry best-ball tournament that gives 1 million to first. I decided that sounded fun, and drafted a few teams. On one of them, I went RB heavy to start, simply because zero-RB was all the rage on this site. Well, I squeaked through the regular season by taking 2nd, advanced out of the first week of the playoffs, and then thanks to the Bengals going super nova last week, I'm in the finals. There are only 160 teams left for this final week. This is cool all by itself, but my team is uniquely set up to win it all. Not only is it the only team left with Kamara, it is also the only team left with Najee Harris. To give an idea of how weird this is, Waller and Henry are the ONLY players drafted in all drafts to not be represented in the finals. Hell, there are 6 J.K. Dobbins rosters that made it to the finals. My roster also doesn't have Andrews, Kupp, Adams, St. Brown, or Damien Harris, who are the most-owned players.

Burrow 16%
Hurtz 14

Kamara 1
Najee Harris 1
Mixon 22
Singletary 26

Higgins 24
Boyd 14
Scantling 18
Cooks 16
Lazard 11
DeVonta Smith 9
Watkins 9
Shepard 7
Fulgham 1

Pitts 3
Everett 7

I could easily take last, but I'm much more likely to win than the average roster. Hopefully it's at least a fun sweat. If I'm anywhere near the big money with Najee being all by his lonesome on Monday night, I'm going to need medication.
1 x
"We are at a point in time where comments can be interpreted as racist, sexist, Anti-semitic, etc. depending on the circumstance and the listener." -B2B

pitchcs
All-Star

Postby pitchcs » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:25 pm

Interesting….what does like 10th place pay out?

Best of luck, being in it this late is all you can really hope for.
0 x
Cause my life is dope and I do dope horsefeathers.

[The sound of fastballs] was one of those things that told me my pitches were fast....because I've never heard pitches as loud as mine.

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:43 pm

pitchcs wrote:Interesting….what does like 10th place pay out?

Best of luck, being in it this late is all you can really hope for.

2nd is 250K. 5th is 50k, 10th is 15k, 100th is 2k. 160th is 1k. Super top heavy, which is standard. So all the better that my team is a bit of a glass canon.
0 x

pitchcs
All-Star

Postby pitchcs » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:13 pm

Ok so you’re guaranteed something but probably looking at T20 for more significant money.

You’ve got a great Bengals matchup vs KC this week. Dallas/AZ is the only other total on the slate that’s above 46.
0 x
Cause my life is dope and I do dope horsefeathers.

[The sound of fastballs] was one of those things that told me my pitches were fast....because I've never heard pitches as loud as mine.

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:17 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:So, there is this rag-tag fantasy-for-cash outfit called "Underdog Fantasy." They offered a buy-one-get-one deal for their big-draw contest: a 25 dollar entry best-ball tournament that gives 1 million to first. I decided that sounded fun, and drafted a few teams. On one of them, I went RB heavy to start, simply because zero-RB was all the rage on this site. Well, I squeaked through the regular season by taking 2nd, advanced out of the first week of the playoffs, and then thanks to the Bengals going super nova last week, I'm in the finals. There are only 160 teams left for this final week. This is cool all by itself, but my team is uniquely set up to win it all. Not only is it the only team left with Kamara, it is also the only team left with Najee Harris. To give an idea of how weird this is, Waller and Henry are the ONLY players drafted in all drafts to not be represented in the finals. Hell, there are 6 J.K. Dobbins rosters that made it to the finals. My roster also doesn't have Andrews, Kupp, Adams, St. Brown, or Damien Harris, who are the most-owned players.

Burrow 16%
Hurtz 14

Kamara 1
Najee Harris 1
Mixon 22
Singletary 26

Higgins 24
Boyd 14
Scantling 18
Cooks 16
Lazard 11
DeVonta Smith 9
Watkins 9
Shepard 7
Fulgham 1

Pitts 3
Everett 7

I could easily take last, but I'm much more likely to win than the average roster. Hopefully it's at least a fun sweat. If I'm anywhere near the big money with Najee being all by his lonesome on Monday night, I'm going to need medication.

If it's on the wire at all with Najee into Monday night you gotta look at some prop hedge bets of some kind right?
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:26 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:So, there is this rag-tag fantasy-for-cash outfit called "Underdog Fantasy." They offered a buy-one-get-one deal for their big-draw contest: a 25 dollar entry best-ball tournament that gives 1 million to first. I decided that sounded fun, and drafted a few teams. On one of them, I went RB heavy to start, simply because zero-RB was all the rage on this site. Well, I squeaked through the regular season by taking 2nd, advanced out of the first week of the playoffs, and then thanks to the Bengals going super nova last week, I'm in the finals. There are only 160 teams left for this final week. This is cool all by itself, but my team is uniquely set up to win it all. Not only is it the only team left with Kamara, it is also the only team left with Najee Harris. To give an idea of how weird this is, Waller and Henry are the ONLY players drafted in all drafts to not be represented in the finals. Hell, there are 6 J.K. Dobbins rosters that made it to the finals. My roster also doesn't have Andrews, Kupp, Adams, St. Brown, or Damien Harris, who are the most-owned players.

Burrow 16%
Hurtz 14

Kamara 1
Najee Harris 1
Mixon 22
Singletary 26

Higgins 24
Boyd 14
Scantling 18
Cooks 16
Lazard 11
DeVonta Smith 9
Watkins 9
Shepard 7
Fulgham 1

Pitts 3
Everett 7

If it's on the wire at all with Najee into Monday night you gotta look at some prop hedge bets of some kind right?

I don't normally roll like that, but I might consider it if I see something reasonable. Under bets tend to be where value can be found, sometimes.

On a side note, it looks like literally ALL of Denver's WRs might be hitting the COVID list. Would you look at that! Ater checking the practice squad list, it is now, semi-officially, TRAVIS FULGHAM season! LFG!
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:32 pm

Yea I'm not a big gambler, but under bets are what you'd want to hedge anyways right? Hedge against your own team.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:48 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:Yea I'm not a big gambler, but under bets are what you'd want to hedge anyways right? Hedge against your own team.

Zactly. Probably won't bother, though.
0 x

Thurman Merman
Starter

Postby Thurman Merman » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:42 am

I gotta know how your team is doing Judas.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:45 am

Thurman Merman wrote:I gotta know how your team is doing Judas.

Eh. The dream is largely over. Last I checked I was in 40th, and I probably need 80 points combied from Lazard and Najee to win the million. A chess player I know of through the interwebs is prob going to take it down.

1 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:38 am

Still gonna get a decent return on that $25 entry right?
0 x

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:42 am

Unless Nick Chubb drops 46 points tomorrow (and after the day Ja'Marr Chase had today I know it's in play however unlikely), I'll finally win my keeper league after 11 seasons and seemingly being in the semifinals or better like 5 times. Thank you to the guy who traded me Kyler Murray 2 years ago in a win now move when I sucked, the guy who traded me Austin Ekeler for Justin Herbert in a build for the future move before the season even started, and Rashaad Penny for going bananas 2 weeks in a row.
1 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:25 am

WrigleyField 22 wrote:Still gonna get a decent return on that $25 entry right?

Prob wind up with 3500, so yeah, it's a nice return. I'll take it gladly.
0 x

bukie
Superstar

Postby bukie » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:07 am

I happened to luck out a bit, my opponent's team put up an abysmal score across the board, totaled under 50 points combined from his whole team, while I had Jamarr Chase.
0 x
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.

soccer10k
Hall of Fame

Postby soccer10k » Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:11 am

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:So, there is this rag-tag fantasy-for-cash outfit called "Underdog Fantasy." They offered a buy-one-get-one deal for their big-draw contest: a 25 dollar entry best-ball tournament

Quick explainer for someone who has no idea what this means rules wise? Is there a salary cap type thing for how you put your roster together?
0 x
In Theo we trust.

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:46 pm

soccer10k wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:So, there is this rag-tag fantasy-for-cash outfit called "Underdog Fantasy." They offered a buy-one-get-one deal for their big-draw contest: a 25 dollar entry best-ball tournament

Quick explainer for someone who has no idea what this means rules wise? Is there a salary cap type thing for how you put your roster together?

No salary involved at all. When you sign up, you get paired with 11 other randos, and you draft a team just like you would draft a home league. The only difference is that there are no waiver wire moves or roster decisions to be made over the course of the season. Each week, your top scores for each position(1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1flex) count for points. Whole team gets hurt? Tough horsefeathers.

Most people know which players are good, but the poor players draft QB too early and too often (even though a starting QB isn't outscoring other starting QBs by nearly enough to justify it.) The place to differentiate and give yourself the best shot at winning big is roster construction: just how many of each position to draft in total, and building in correlations for the playoff weeks. For instance, I drafted RB in each of my first three picks because I thought they were best talent available (zero RB was in vogue on this site.) If I have dreams of winning anything, those three are going to roll, and I just have to assume health, so I only took one more RB the entire draft and loaded up on WR to try and make up for quality with quantity (WR tends to be more boom/bust than RB anyways). And my Bengals "stack" really paid off in week 16 when I needed to beat 17 other teams to advance.
0 x

soccer10k
Hall of Fame

Postby soccer10k » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:34 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
soccer10k wrote:

No salary involved at all. When you sign up, you get paired with 11 other randos, and you draft a team just like you would draft a home league. The only difference is that there are no waiver wire moves or roster decisions to be made over the course of the season. Each week, your top scores for each position(1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1flex) count for points. Whole team gets hurt? Tough horsefeathers.

Most people know which players are good, but the poor players draft QB too early and too often (even though a starting QB isn't outscoring other starting QBs by nearly enough to justify it.) The place to differentiate and give yourself the best shot at winning big is roster construction: just how many of each position to draft in total, and building in correlations for the playoff weeks. For instance, I drafted RB in each of my first three picks because I thought they were best talent available (zero RB was in vogue on this site.) If I have dreams of winning anything, those three are going to roll, and I just have to assume health, so I only took one more RB the entire draft and loaded up on WR to try and make up for quality with quantity (WR tends to be more boom/bust than RB anyways). And my Bengals "stack" really paid off in week 16 when I needed to beat 17 other teams to advance.

Got it. So how does the regular season/playoffs work? Do you compete against the other 11 people you drafted against like normal fantasy football and the everyone who qualifies from their individual league (top whatever number of teams per league) competes against everyone else in one big group where a certain percentage of teams are eliminated each week?
0 x
In Theo we trust.

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:13 pm

soccer10k wrote:
soccer10k wrote:

Got it. So how does the regular season/playoffs work? Do you compete against the other 11 people you drafted against like normal fantasy football and the everyone who qualifies from their individual league (top whatever number of teams per league) competes against everyone else in one big group where a certain percentage of teams are eliminated each week?

You got it. Different sites have different set ups. Underdog (.5 ppr) advances the top two per league after 14 weeks, then you get put in a random advancing group of 18, which advances top two in week 15. Then top 1/18 in week 16, and then you're down to the last 160. Draftkings (full ppr and yardage bonuses) had a top 2/12 through 14 weeks, then top 1/12, 1/12, and then I think it was a group of 220 at the end.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:02 am

Wound up taking 23rd and getting 5k. I needed 7 yards on Najee's last carry to get me from 3.5 to 5k. The garbage TD instead left me 6 yards short of 7.5k.
1 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:03 am

Eh. The dream is largely over. Last I checked I was in 40th, and I probably need 80 points combied from Lazard and Najee to win the million. A chess player I know of through the interwebs is prob going to take it down.

Well not 80, but pretty good from Lazard and Harris. Where did you end at?
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:09 am

WrigleyField 22 wrote:

Well not 80, but pretty good from Lazard and Harris. Where did you end at?
Wound up taking 23rd and getting 5k. I needed 7 yards on Najee's last carry to get me from 3.5 to 5k. The garbage TD instead left me 6 yards short of 7.5k.
1 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:42 am

0 x

Return to “General Fantasy Sports Discussions”