Complain about your fantasy team that no one cares about here

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Complain about your fantasy team that no one cares about here

Postby UMFan83 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:31 pm

Don’t care if anyone reads this it’s just good to vent.

My team this year is a monster IMO. We’ve had this league for 19 consecutive seasons and I’m almost positive my projected points coming into today was the highest in league history. And then this happened:

-My WR2 AJ Brown out. My opponent decides to start 2 other Titans WRs as his WR3 and 4 and they combine for 3 receiving TDS

-My WR4 Crowder out

- My replacement WR4 Parris Campbell leaves in 1st quarter after 0.7 points

-Packers score 42 points, my WR1 Davante Adams has 5 fantasy points and leaves injured in the 3rd quarter

- Falcons score 39 points and my RB2 Gurley has 6 fantasy points

-Cowboys have 4 rushing TDs and my RB1, Elliott has 1 total. He also fumbled twice and had 1 rushing TD taken away by 1 inch. Dak stole 3 goal line TDs from Zeke

-My temporary RB3 Ronald Jones is replaced by Fournette mid game and is probably worthless now. That’s fine though because I knew it was going to happen sooner than later

Hopefully Lamar Jackson and Kyler Murray combine for 100. Oh wait Kyler just threw a pick
0 x
Win it for Fred

Andy
Hall of Fame

Re: Complain about your fantasy team that no one cares about here

Postby Andy » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:04 am

Wait, you have Lamar and Kyler? (I'm assuming this is a 2-QB league.) That's pretty ridiculous.

I got Kyler at $12 in a keeper auction league when I traded AJ Green, Will Fuller and Sterling Shepard for him - my team was 0-3 and I had the lowest point total in the league so I tore it down. I ended up almost making the playoffs that year and kept Kyler, and I'm going to have a lot of fun with that decision.
0 x

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:10 pm

When I get cute and bench Lamar Jackson for Josh Allen in Week 4, how many points will Allen score? O/U Negative 4.
0 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

abohnhoff
Role Player

Postby abohnhoff » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:14 pm

Missing Michael Thomas and AJ Brown.

Opponent gets 25 points from Leonard [expletive] Fournette, rushing TD from Woods and about 50 from Russell Wilson.

Tough 0-2 start.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:44 pm

Andy wrote:Wait, you have Lamar and Kyler? (I'm assuming this is a 2-QB league.) That's pretty ridiculous.

I got Kyler at $12 in a keeper auction league when I traded AJ Green, Will Fuller and Sterling Shepard for him - my team was 0-3 and I had the lowest point total in the league so I tore it down. I ended up almost making the playoffs that year and kept Kyler, and I'm going to have a lot of fun with that decision.

Yeah its a 2 QB keeper league and I drafted Lamar and Kyler last year in the 4th and 6th rounds. In every draft we have QBs get taken en masse in the first few rounds because there's a scarcity. I'm talking guys like Matt Ryan going in the first round. By being able to lock in my QBs, I was able to grab Zeke and Adams in the first 2 rounds and was finding value throughout the draft. Suck though that you can only keep them for 1 season, so I'll be back to the drawing board next year.
0 x
Win it for Fred

sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President

Postby sneakypower » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:50 pm

immediately began questioning myself for taking Watson over Kyler Murray and that gets worse by the day
0 x

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:03 pm

This is a brag rather than a complaint, but...

I scored 316 points in our PPR league this past week (season high and a very rare 300 point week) in our 12 team league with the typical 9 player roster. The reason I'm bragging is because I got a total of 5 points from my receivers.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:13 pm

BigbadB wrote:This is a brag rather than a complaint, but...

I scored 316 points in our PPR league this past week (season high and a very rare 300 point week) in our 12 team league with the typical 9 player roster. The reason I'm bragging is because I got a total of 5 points from my receivers.

2 QB start league? Did you start Josh Allen and Dak or something? Maybe Aaron Jones and/or Kamara too?
0 x
Win it for Fred

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:17 pm

UMFan83 wrote:

2 QB start league? Did you start Josh Allen and Dak or something? Maybe Aaron Jones and/or Kamara too?

1pt/yard
0 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:21 pm

UMFan83 wrote:

Only one QB. You did good. I had Josh Allen, Aaron Jones, Alvin Kamara, Darren Waller, David Montgomery at Flex and Chicago Bears D. 200 is a normal good score in this league. Only 5 of the 12 teams got to 200 this past week. So 300+ is extremely rare. It's a rarity for me to have a Packer on my roster, but Jones still sitting there in the 2nd round was a no brainer.
0 x

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:25 pm

SouthSideRyan wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:

1pt/yard

Nope. Typical 1 for each 10, but being PPR, you do get a point for each carry after 5 for RB's and every catch for a receiver. There are kickers for 100 yards rushing/receiving and such, also. There isn't anything goofy in there. This is the 15th year for this league among the same bar patrons for Sunday football.
0 x

CoolHandLuke
All-Star

Postby CoolHandLuke » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:40 am

I had what is probably my best week ever as well. 200+ in a league were 100 is a typical winning score. Murray, Kamara, Jones, Ridley, Higbee, and even my kicker Koo all went crazy. Cooper was my worst starter, and he went 6 for 100 yards.
0 x

SpongeWorthy
Superstar

Postby SpongeWorthy » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:14 pm

Help me with this trade:

Michael Thomas for Miles Sanders and Michael Gallup

Current Roster:

QB: Kyler
RB1: Conner
RB2: Nyheim Hines
WR1: Allen Robinson
WR2: Will Fuller
TE: Hockenson
FLEX: Devante Parker
BE: Ceedee Lamb
BE: Michael Thomas
BE: Hayden Hurst
IR: Ekeler

Full point PPR. I had Ekeler (was my 2nd round pick) as RB 1/2 until he got hurt which is why Hines is in there doing nothing for me. I like my WR depth and hate my blackhole at RB2 while Ekeler is out. I could roster both Sanders and Gallup without dropping anyone--I feel like I should take it?
0 x

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:23 am

That's a tough one. Thomas is the best player of the 3 but you really really need a RB and Gallup is good too.

I would probably take it - every fantasy analyst talks about how you shouldn't assume a player with a semi-serious injury will come back exactly the way he was - but I wouldn't argue with anyone who didn't.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:34 am

Andy wrote:That's a tough one. Thomas is the best player of the 3 but you really really need a RB and Gallup is good too.

I would probably take it - every fantasy analyst talks about how you shouldn't assume a player with a semi-serious injury will come back exactly the way he was - but I wouldn't argue with anyone who didn't.

I could go either way. Also have to consider how Dalton coming in will affect Gallup’s value. Might not change it much at all but there are certainly other good weapons in that offense and he might feel more chemistry with Amari Cooper or something. But you need RBs so I’d strongly consider it
0 x
Win it for Fred

SpongeWorthy
Superstar

Postby SpongeWorthy » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:13 pm

i ended up trading ceedee for melvin gordon instead
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:17 am

So I'm trying to balance my RB/WR balance a bit. I have two offers on the table

Derrick Henry straight up for Mike Evans

Derrick Henry and Chase Claypool for Tyreke Hill and Tom Brady (I had initially offer Hill for Henry straight up and this was the counter, Brady is meh to me cuz I have Mahomes).

I feel like a like Hill better and Claypool is selling high (I literally just got him on waivers this week). I'd be buying high on Evans who's been TD heavy to get points this year. I could go back to the Hill offer and try and get another backup WR/RB instead of Brady..

FYI my other RB are Jonathan Taylor, Raheem Mostert, Ronald Jones, and Leonard Fournette. My WR are Amari Cooper, Claypool, Jarvis Landry, Laviska Shenault, Tee Higgins.
0 x

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:02 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:So I'm trying to balance my RB/WR balance a bit. I have two offers on the table

Derrick Henry and Chase Claypool for Tyreke Hill and Tom Brady (I had initially offer Hill for Henry straight up and this was the counter, Brady is meh to me cuz I have Mahomes).

I feel like a like Hill better and Claypool is selling high (I literally just got him on waivers this week). I'd be buying high on Evans who's been TD heavy to get points this year. I could go back to the Hill offer and try and get another backup WR/RB instead of Brady..

FYI my other RB are Jonathan Taylor, Raheem Mostert, Ronald Jones, and Leonard Fournette. My WR are Amari Cooper, Claypool, Jarvis Landry, Laviska Shenault, Tee Higgins.

I don't make either one of those deals. I'm very stubborn about giving up a RB. The amount of spread to receivers makes their points less than RB's, especially 3 down RB's. I'd hang on to Henry, Taylor and Mostert and see if you can upgrade at WR with one of Jones or Fournette. Once Fournette is healthy, they will be splitting time.
0 x

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:06 pm

I'm having a tough time deciding between Josh Allen vs. KC and Minshew vs. Detroit for this Sunday.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:12 pm

BigbadB wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:So I'm trying to balance my RB/WR balance a bit. I have two offers on the table

I don't make either one of those deals. I'm very stubborn about giving up a RB. The amount of spread to receivers makes their points less than RB's, especially 3 down RB's. I'd hang on to Henry, Taylor and Mostert and see if you can upgrade at WR with one of Jones or Fournette. Once Fournette is healthy, they will be splitting time.

Yea the more I sit on it I'm bearish dealing Henry at all, especially since I have a decent shot to be trading 12 weeks of play for 11, with the early covid-bye for Ten. Also I'm bearish on having two of my top players (Mahomes, Hill) on one team in case of any covid issues. And this morning I wake up to find that Ind shut down, so maybe I just consider myself lucky that I have a really good 4th and 5th RB and do the best I can with the WR streaming (and hope Cooper becomes Dalton's favorite target in DAL).

So as a follow up, who do you like as my No 2 WR this week between Claypool, Landry, Shenault, Higgins?
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:14 pm

BigbadB wrote:I'm having a tough time deciding between Josh Allen vs. KC and Minshew vs. Detroit for this Sunday.

I'd go Allen for sure.
0 x

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:25 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
BigbadB wrote:

Yea the more I sit on it I'm bearish dealing Henry at all, especially since I have a decent shot to be trading 12 weeks of play for 11, with the early covid-bye for Ten. Also I'm bearish on having two of my top players (Mahomes, Hill) on one team in case of any covid issues. And this morning I wake up to find that Ind shut down, so maybe I just consider myself lucky that I have a really good 4th and 5th RB and do the best I can with the WR streaming (and hope Cooper becomes Dalton's favorite target in DAL).

So as a follow up, who do you like as my No 2 WR this week between Claypool, Landry, Shenault, Higgins?

Of those, I'd probably go Shenault. I believe I read that Chark is looking at missing some time, potentially making him the main target this week. Claypool and Higgins are still unknowns and going against good defenses. Landry is still probably tough to bench over these youngsters. I would have picked up Shenault off of waivers today, but I only get one more move this week, and I'm quite possibly out a TE this week with Waller on bye week and Noah Fant looking like a game time decision. Jimmy Graham will need to be added instead in hopes of something/anything at that position.

Also, turns out the Colts covid tests were false positives.
0 x

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:27 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
BigbadB wrote:I'm having a tough time deciding between Josh Allen vs. KC and Minshew vs. Detroit for this Sunday.

I'd go Allen for sure.

That's a layup. Allen has been a production monster and the Bills will need to score a ton just to keep up.
0 x

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:33 pm

Andy wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:

I'd go Allen for sure.

That's a layup. Allen has been a production monster and the Bills will need to score a ton just to keep up.

Yeah, but Minshew is predicted to have a monster game against that weak Detroit defense. DJ Chark is likely out of that game, though, so I'll probably go with Allen.
0 x

CoolHandLuke
All-Star

Postby CoolHandLuke » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:08 am

I hate fantasy.

I feel like my roster is pretty strong and I'm third in total points, yet I am sitting at 1-4.

QB Kyler Murray
RB Alvin Kamara
RB Aaron Jones
RB Raheem Mostert
WR Amari Cooper
WR Calvin Ridley
WR Odell Beckham
WR Chris Godwin
WR Marquis Brown
TE Robert Tonyan (Just dumped Higbee for him)
Streaming defense and kicker

Ridley and Cooper getting basically shutout for a game over the last two weeks kind of lost me both weeks.

Should I do anything drastic or just ride it out? Again, I hate fantasy.
0 x

Return to “General Fantasy Sports Discussions”