Complain about your fantasy team that no one cares about here

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Re: Complain about your fantasy team that no one cares about here

Postby SouthSideRyan » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:05 am

You just got Mostert and Goodwin back and don’t really have a hole to plug(I like Tonyan more than most) Not sure what you could do
0 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:44 am

CoolHandLuke wrote:I hate fantasy.

I feel like my roster is pretty strong and I'm third in total points, yet I am sitting at 1-4.

QB Kyler Murray
RB Alvin Kamara
RB Aaron Jones
RB Raheem Mostert
WR Amari Cooper
WR Calvin Ridley
WR Odell Beckham
WR Chris Godwin
WR Marquis Brown
TE Robert Tonyan (Just dumped Higbee for him)
Streaming defense and kicker

Ridley and Cooper getting basically shutout for a game over the last two weeks kind of lost me both weeks.

Should I do anything drastic or just ride it out? Again, I hate fantasy.

I mean horsefeathers, thats a solid team. Could obviously improve at TE (though I'm on the Tonyan train too...I've literally gotten 19 total points from my TE position this year (thanks Engram x3, Geisicki, Schultz) so I hope hes the answer) but I'd ride it out.

There are like 3 reliable TEs this year so if you can figure out a trade for one of them, that would certainly give you a competitive edge most weeks

I thought I had bad fantasy luck but that's terrible to be 1-4 with that team.
0 x
Win it for Fred

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:07 am

Our league averages ~1 trade per year, so I was very excited to trade Lamar Jackson(Drafted on wraparound 2nd round) for Kelce, getting Josh Allen(Drafted in wraparound 14th) into my starting lineup. I've gone 1-1 with Allen as starter bringing my record to a stellar 1-4. Thanks CMC!
0 x

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:45 am

UMFan83 wrote:I thought I had bad fantasy luck but that's terrible to be 1-4 with that team.

I'm the overall points leader and I'm 3-2. If I didn't pick up Minshew and start him this past week to play in place of Josh Allen, I'd be 2-3. I gave up Tannehill to get Minshew. I just couldn't gamble that the Tuesday game gets cancelled going against the 2nd overall points leader with no quarterback. Somehow, I screwed up my waiver wire pickup this week somehow, so I may be without a TE this week if Fant doesn't play. Argh!

ETA: And Fant is officially out for this week. I'm an idiot.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:12 pm

Tonyan just went limping off the field, all but assuring me that I’ll get 3 or less points from my TE position for the 5th time in 6 weeks
0 x
Win it for Fred

bukie
Superstar

Postby bukie » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:21 pm

I dropped the Tampa defense just a few moments ago to grab LAR, because I was concerned GB would put up 40. Mid first quarter, alteady 2 picks and a defensive TD. Shouldn't have overthought it.
0 x
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:30 pm

bukie wrote:I dropped the Tampa defense just a few moments ago to grab LAR, because I was concerned GB would put up 40. Mid first quarter, alteady 2 picks and a defensive TD. Shouldn't have overthought it.

I think you had the right thought process. GBs offense has been devistatingly good so far and like they said on the broadcast this is Rodgers first 2 INT game since 2017.
0 x
Win it for Fred

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:45 pm

I'm going against a team who has Russ Wilson, Josh Jacobs, and Justin Jackson on Byes, and he also owns Leveon Bell. In turn he gets Julio Jones back this week, and Justin Jefferson gets 166 with 2 TDs. There is little doubt in my mind Frank Gore puts in a garbage TD for him in this stinkburger.
0 x

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:32 pm

More of a humble brag than a complaint. I gambled and picked Kyler Murray really early (4th round) and didn't draft another QB as I hate having 2 QBs and second guessing my QB pick every week. Like there's a team with Ryan/Roethlisberger. How do you pick a QB each week? But being that this is a keeper league, I picked up Justin Herbert before last week during his bye so there wouldn't be waiver competition. Got him for a long-term stash, but now he went and put up nearly 42 points yesterday. Of course, Kyler put up nearly 41, and has nothing less than 24.4 in any game this year. But the first time Murray scores less than Herbert causing me to lose, I'm going to hate myself and second guess the rest of the year.
0 x

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:25 pm

rawaction wrote:More of a humble brag than a complaint. I gambled and picked Kyler Murray really early (4th round) and didn't draft another QB as I hate having 2 QBs and second guessing my QB pick every week. Like there's a team with Ryan/Roethlisberger. How do you pick a QB each week? But being that this is a keeper league, I picked up Justin Herbert before last week during his bye so there wouldn't be waiver competition. Got him for a long-term stash, but now he went and put up nearly 42 points yesterday. Of course, Kyler put up nearly 41, and has nothing less than 24.4 in any game this year. But the first time Murray scores less than Herbert causing me to lose, I'm going to hate myself and second guess the rest of the year.

Ha, oddly enough I have Kyler and Herbert too (I just picked up Herbert a few weeks ago). I told my league I'm willing to listen to offers for Kyler (who's locked in at $12 for next year) to see if I can upgrade the rest of my lineup.

I'm about to lose for the first time this season, though, in large part because I didn't start Gio Bernard over Jerick McKinnon yesterday - I'd grabbed Gio just to block other people from getting him and should've put him in. That was a dumb move on my end. I can still win today but it would take a pretty bad bed-crapping from Jared Goff.
0 x
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ITS THE THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE FOR GODS SAKES

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:53 pm

Andy wrote:
rawaction wrote:More of a humble brag than a complaint. I gambled and picked Kyler Murray really early (4th round) and didn't draft another QB as I hate having 2 QBs and second guessing my QB pick every week. Like there's a team with Ryan/Roethlisberger. How do you pick a QB each week? But being that this is a keeper league, I picked up Justin Herbert before last week during his bye so there wouldn't be waiver competition. Got him for a long-term stash, but now he went and put up nearly 42 points yesterday. Of course, Kyler put up nearly 41, and has nothing less than 24.4 in any game this year. But the first time Murray scores less than Herbert causing me to lose, I'm going to hate myself and second guess the rest of the year.

Ha, oddly enough I have Kyler and Herbert too (I just picked up Herbert a few weeks ago). I told my league I'm willing to listen to offers for Kyler (who's locked in at $12 for next year) to see if I can upgrade the rest of my lineup.

I'm about to lose for the first time this season, though, in large part because I didn't start Gio Bernard over Jerick McKinnon yesterday - I'd grabbed Gio just to block other people from getting him and should've put him in. That was a dumb move on my end. I can still win today but it would take a pretty bad bed-crapping from Jared Goff.

I have Mahomes/Herbert and I'm really fighting the urge to shop Mahomes. I feel like if I did, Herbert would immediately fall back to earth, because of course.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:09 pm

Despite getting 5 points from Zeke, 0.9 points from Mike Williams, and another 4 points from my TE (every single week this year I've started a TE that has given me 4 points or less except the 9 I got from Engram in week 2), I somehow broke my 19 year old league's weekly scoring record with 227 points. Standouts include Kyler (43 points), Adams (45 points), James Robinson (29 points), AJ Brown (26 points), Tyler Boyd (22 points) and Todd Gurley (19 points).

The funny thing is, this is a 1 QB/1 Superflex league but our league scoring makes it so 99/100 times it makes more sense to start 2 QBs (the average QB is projected to get around 20 points, the 4th string RB or 5th string WR somewhere around 9-11 points). I had Lamar Jackson on bye this week and still shattered the record (for the record I started Ronald Jones in the superflex spot)

Just had to type that all out because no one cares about my fantasy team lol
0 x
Win it for Fred

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:20 pm

Heading to 1-6 while 7th in points(out of 12). Team I faced this week had 56 points last week, 167 this week.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:37 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Andy wrote:

I have Mahomes/Herbert and I'm really fighting the urge to shop Mahomes. I feel like if I did, Herbert would immediately fall back to earth, because of course.

...why not shop Herbert?
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:40 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Andy wrote:Ha, oddly enough I have Kyler and Herbert too (I just picked up Herbert a few weeks ago). I told my league I'm willing to listen to offers for Kyler (who's locked in at $12 for next year) to see if I can upgrade the rest of my lineup.

...why not shop Herbert?

I doubt he'd carry much value. But fair enough. I'll def do shopping before the trade deadline.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:16 am

Dallas Goedert is looking like he will score a 0 today since he hasn’t even gotten a target yet. If that holds, I will have gotten a COMBINED 26.4 points out of my TE position through 8 weeks:

Engram - 1.9
Engram - 9.5
Engram - 3.7
Gesicki - 2.0
Schultz - 1.1
Tonyan - 4.0
Tonyan - 4.2
Goedert - 0.0

The funny thing is that despite this I’m in first place and have scored the most points in my league. How the horsefeathers do I fix this though?
0 x
Win it for Fred

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:32 am

UMFan83 wrote:Dallas Goedert is looking like he will score a 0 today since he hasn’t even gotten a target yet. If that holds, I will have gotten a COMBINED 26.4 points out of my TE position through 8 weeks:

Engram - 1.9
Engram - 9.5
Engram - 3.7
Gesicki - 2.0
Schultz - 1.1
Tonyan - 4.0
Tonyan - 4.2
Goedert - 0.0

The funny thing is that despite this I’m in first place and have scored the most points in my league. How the horsefeathers do I fix this though?

Just keep playing Goedert and profit.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:49 am

UMFan83 wrote:Dallas Goedert is looking like he will score a 0 today since he hasn’t even gotten a target yet. If that holds, I will have gotten a COMBINED 26.4 points out of my TE position through 8 weeks:

Engram - 1.9
Engram - 9.5
Engram - 3.7
Gesicki - 2.0
Schultz - 1.1
Tonyan - 4.0
Tonyan - 4.2
Goedert - 0.0

Austin Hooper out there?
0 x

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:16 pm

Dropped 2 in a row (barring some sort of insanity tonight) after a 6-0 start and now I'm wondering what my playoff odds are looking like.
0 x
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ITS THE THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE FOR GODS SAKES

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:59 pm

Andy wrote:Dropped 2 in a row (barring some sort of insanity tonight) after a 6-0 start and now I'm wondering what my playoff odds are looking like.

Insanity does happen. I had a decent lead going into Sunday night, but my opponent loaded up on Eagles (Boston Scott, Wentz and Fulgham) against that atrocious Dallas defense, and I managed to win somehow. Thought for sure I was going to lose.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:34 pm

Traded Gurley and 1st next year for Dalvin Cook and a 2nd next year. Feeling pretty good about that but I'll definitely be starting rough next season.

My team now:

QB1 - Kyler Murray
QB2 - Lamar Jackson (ugh)
RB1 - Dalvin Cook
RB2 - Ezekiel Elliott (double ugh)
RB3 - James Robinson
WR1 - Davante Adams
WR2 - AJ Brown
WR3 - Tyler Boyd
WR4 - Jamison Crowder
TE - Ugh the bane of my existence, right now Goedert, but trying to see if I can get Gronk for cheap.
K - Justin Tucker
DEF - Streaming

BN: Ronald Jones, Mike Williams, 2 flexible spots

Pray for no COVID
0 x
Win it for Fred

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:37 pm

Bears concussions the last couple weeks may determine my fantasy outcomes twice in 3 weeks. Two weeks ago, Robinson was questionable, so with Carolina playing on Thursday night, I decided to go with Curtis Samuel at his spot and he put up a big game (which was good because I also have DJ Moore for Carolina who did nothing). When Robinson played, I put him in and sat AJ Green and got 20.7 from Robinson instead of 3.9 from Green.

This week, I figured Montgomery would play so I didn't put in Nyheim Hines on Thursday night and he ended with 28.8 points on my bench. Because McCaffery is out as well, I had to pick up Kalen Ballage on waivers just to fill my RB spot this week. My league has 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, and RB/WR, and WR/TE flexes, so we can start 1 RB lineups, with either 4-wide or 2 TEs.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:05 am

This week's entry is about my opponent instead. Going into tonight's game (where he has Lamar Jackson going) , he only had 29.2 points and didn't have a single player in double digits, with a low of -3 from TEN defense.

On his bench he had, Tom Brady (37.84), Nick Chubb (18.6), Ju Ju Smith-Schuster (13.7), and Boston Scott (13.4). Oof. :lol:
0 x

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:15 pm

Since nobody's done a sit/start thread.

I have 2nd priority on waivers(bad record but clinging to my longshot chance of making playoffs thanks to tiebreakers on points)

Currently have Fant at TE (vs Miami) and WAS D(vs. CIN)

Do I go for Taysom Hill at TE(No PPR) or CLE D vs. Philly?

I've also got 9 roughly equal guys for 4 RB/WR/FLEX spots, but one question at a time.
0 x

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:32 pm

SouthSideRyan wrote:Since nobody's done a sit/start thread.

I have 2nd priority on waivers(bad record but clinging to my longshot chance of making playoffs thanks to tiebreakers on points)

Currently have Fant at TE (vs Miami) and WAS D(vs. CIN)

Do I go for Taysom Hill at TE(No PPR) or CLE D vs. Philly?

I've also got 9 roughly equal guys for 4 RB/WR/FLEX spots, but one question at a time.

Id stick with what you have.
0 x
"It was kind of weird to look in the mirror the first time I tried my hat on." - Mark Bellhorn

Return to “General Fantasy Sports Discussions”