Complain about your fantasy team that no one cares about here

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Re: Complain about your fantasy team that no one cares about here

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:33 pm

UK wrote:
SouthSideRyan wrote:Since nobody's done a sit/start thread.

I have 2nd priority on waivers(bad record but clinging to my longshot chance of making playoffs thanks to tiebreakers on points)

Currently have Fant at TE (vs Miami) and WAS D(vs. CIN)

Do I go for Taysom Hill at TE(No PPR) or CLE D vs. Philly?

I've also got 9 roughly equal guys for 4 RB/WR/FLEX spots, but one question at a time.

Id stick with what you have.

Agreed.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:38 pm

I sure hope you picked up Cleveland against Phily. It pushed my team to victory on the Bears bye week.
0 x

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:51 pm

BigbadB wrote:I sure hope you picked up Cleveland against Phily. It pushed my team to victory on the Bears bye week.

They were my backup plan after I was unable to win my waiver claim for the Chargers defense. That worked out nicely.
0 x

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:38 pm

Going to finish with the best record for the regular season (10-3). It's the 6th year in a row I've finished with either the best (2020, 2018, 2015) or worst (2019, 2017, 2016) regular season record in the league. Of course, I have not won the championship since 2012 and the best 2 records get a bye. So inevitably, my team will put up about 180 points this week and follow up a semifinal game with a 78 or something. I'm middle of the pack in scoring for the season, but 9-3 without my #1 pick for all but 2 3/4 weeks works for me. I've been very lucky with my waiver pick ups all year (big games from Kalen Ballage, Curtis Samuel, Jimmy Graham, and got 25 from TY Hilton this week) and add McCaffery to a team that has performed pretty consistently all season.
0 x

CoolHandLuke
All-Star

Postby CoolHandLuke » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:26 pm

CoolHandLuke wrote:I hate fantasy.

I feel like my roster is pretty strong and I'm third in total points, yet I am sitting at 1-4.

QB Kyler Murray
RB Alvin Kamara
RB Aaron Jones
RB Raheem Mostert
WR Amari Cooper
WR Calvin Ridley
WR Odell Beckham
WR Chris Godwin
WR Marquis Brown
TE Robert Tonyan (Just dumped Higbee for him)
Streaming defense and kicker

Ridley and Cooper getting basically shutout for a game over the last two weeks kind of lost me both weeks.

Should I do anything drastic or just ride it out? Again, I hate fantasy.

Update, since I know everyone is dying to see how things have gone.

Traded Kyler Murray for Tyreek Hill.
Picked up Herbert.
Traded Mostert, Beckham, and Tonyan for Travis Kelce (this was immediately terrible for my trading partner obviously).
Picked up Ekeler and stashed him on IR.

Started 1-5.
After the trades, the only week I lost was when the chiefs were on bye. Finished 8-6, top scoring, third place. Playoffs start this weekend. I'm hoping the chiefs need to keep playing for the top seed.

I love fantasy football.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:42 pm

CoolHandLuke wrote:
CoolHandLuke wrote:I hate fantasy.

I feel like my roster is pretty strong and I'm third in total points, yet I am sitting at 1-4.

QB Kyler Murray
RB Alvin Kamara
RB Aaron Jones
RB Raheem Mostert
WR Amari Cooper
WR Calvin Ridley
WR Odell Beckham
WR Chris Godwin
WR Marquis Brown
TE Robert Tonyan (Just dumped Higbee for him)
Streaming defense and kicker

Ridley and Cooper getting basically shutout for a game over the last two weeks kind of lost me both weeks.

Should I do anything drastic or just ride it out? Again, I hate fantasy.

Update, since I know everyone is dying to see how things have gone.

Traded Kyler Murray for Tyreek Hill.
Picked up Herbert.
Traded Mostert, Beckham, and Tonyan for Travis Kelce (this was immediately terrible for my trading partner obviously).
Picked up Ekeler and stashed him on IR.

Started 1-5.
After the trades, the only week I lost was when the chiefs were on bye. Finished 8-6, top scoring, third place. Playoffs start this weekend. I'm hoping the chiefs need to keep playing for the top seed.

I love fantasy football.

Impressive turnaround! Can't believe you were able to grab Kelce for those 3 guys - even pre-injuries that seems light for by far the best TE in football. I'm in the semis with my team and somehow blew out my opponent this week despite 2 of my 4 starting WRs getting injured in the first quarter and scoring a combined 0.9 points (Deebo and Mike Williams). Now need to figure out how to replace at least 1 of them from the waiver wire.
0 x
Win it for Fred

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:56 pm

I'm in the semifinals this week (thank God I had a bye because I would have lost) and agonizing over starting Kyler or Justin Herbert. Herbert's matchup is better, but the Cardinals will probably need Kyler to run to win, which could help.

Also, a big eff you to Cam Akers, who I drafted and stashed for like 8-9 weeks waiting for him to take over the Rams backfield. He decided to do so after I gave up.
0 x

CoolHandLuke
All-Star

Postby CoolHandLuke » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:03 pm

Yeah I was kind of surprised too. She had no depth - was starting Mike Davis, Darius Slayton and Sammy watkins at the time. Timing was perfect with McCaffrey expected back, Odell and Tonyan having 3 TD games the week before and Mostert appearing to come back strong.

Good luck in the playoffs!
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:44 pm

I don't know if any of you all play best ball leagues. This year was my first doing any. Draftkings gave me a few entries for free with a promo they had, and the drafts were so amazingly weak that I decided to draft a batch of extras and see how they fared. I mostly have done really well, but when I go and check on the status of the teams, I don't understand how.

For instance, in one of my leagues I'm currently in second. The roster has Dak, Burrow, and Minshew as my only QBs. The team also includes Golloday, Odell, and Marlon Mack. Waller, Hockenson, Gibson, Cook, Scantling, Diontae and Lockett were enough, somehow...

In another league, where I'm in third, I had Kittle, McCaffrey, Wentz, and Jimmy G. What in the living hell.
0 x
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:34 am

And McCaffery is doubtful this week. And I'm up against a really good team who beat me in our matchup this year.

Tom Brady
Austin Ekeler
AJ Brown
Tyreke Hill
Justin Jefferson
Calvin Ridley
TJ Hockensen
Seattle D (not sure why he has them)
Blankenship

I got:

Kyler Murray
David Montgomery
Adam Thielen
Allen Robinson
Hunter Henry
Tampa Bay D
Joey Slye

Then I got 2 spots I have to decide between DJ Moore, Curtis Samuel, TY Hilton, Keke Coutee, and Nyheim Hines. I'll most likely pick the wrong 2, but I'm leaning toward Hilton (who had a big game 2 weeks ago vs. Houston and 3 straight over 18 points) and Samuel (5 of last 7 over 16 points). But Moore has a similar track record as Samuel recently and Coutee just put up 22 against the Colts 2 weeks ago. Any thoughts?
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:51 am

rawaction wrote:And McCaffery is doubtful this week. And I'm up against a really good team who beat me in our matchup this year.

Tom Brady
Austin Ekeler
AJ Brown
Tyreke Hill
Justin Jefferson
Calvin Ridley
TJ Hockensen
Blankenship

I got:

Kyler Murray
David Montgomery
Adam Thielen
Allen Robinson
Hunter Henry
Tampa Bay D
Joey Slye

Then I got 2 spots I have to decide between DJ Moore, Curtis Samuel, TY Hilton, Keke Coutee, and Nyheim Hines. I'll most likely pick the wrong 2, but I'm leaning toward Hilton (who had a big game 2 weeks ago vs. Houston and 3 straight over 18 points) and Samuel (5 of last 7 over 16 points). But Moore has a similar track record as Samuel recently and Coutee just put up 22 against the Colts 2 weeks ago. Any thoughts?

TY isn't getting the targets to make me think his recent uptick is likely to continue. You should also account for the fact that the second game of divisional match ups favors the defences, so don't overweight past match ups this season. Teams compensate and react to scheme. I think I'd still lean TY with DJ. I would take whichever Carolina WR you think sees the least of Alexander in coverage. Not sure how that is going to work out. If Cooks is back, it should really help Coutee. Tough decisions, imo.
0 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:40 am

rawaction wrote:And McCaffery is doubtful this week. And I'm up against a really good team who beat me in our matchup this year.

Tom Brady
Austin Ekeler
AJ Brown
Tyreke Hill
Justin Jefferson
Calvin Ridley
TJ Hockensen
Blankenship

I got:

Kyler Murray
David Montgomery
Adam Thielen
Allen Robinson
Hunter Henry
Tampa Bay D
Joey Slye

I’m confused, does your league start 1 RB and 4 WR? Or are some of them flex?
0 x
Win it for Fred

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:44 pm

League starts
QB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, DEF, K. So we can start 1-2 RBs, 1-2 TEs, 2-4 WRs.
0 x

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:34 pm

Tom Brady
Austin Ekeler
AJ Brown
Tyreke Hill
Justin Jefferson
Calvin Ridley
TJ Hockensen
Blankenship

I got:

Kyler Murray
David Montgomery
Adam Thielen
Allen Robinson
Hunter Henry
Tampa Bay D
Joey Slye

If you made the playoffs with Christian McCaffrey on your roster, consider yourself probably one in 50 that accomplished that feat. My "other" fantasy league I had the first pick, and I took McCaffrey. My second pick was Golladay at 24. I took Allen Robinson in the 3rd with the 25th overall pick. I then took LeVeon Bell, Leonard Fournette and Kerryon Johnson with my next three picks with hopes that one of them would pair up nicely with McCaffrey. Instead, I got a whopping 3 games from McCaffrey, 4 games from Golladay, LeVeon Bell became a backup, Fournette became a backup, and Kerryon Johnson became 3rd string RB. Yes, my team finished in dead last place.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:29 pm

Adams busted for me at the worst possible time yesterday while my opponent has already seen 2 of his 3 guys go over projections. Started the week favored to win by 28, now the projections have me winning by 12. Have a bad feeling about today.

Zeke is out so I picked up Pollard. Here are 2 start/sit questions:

D’Andre Swift vs TEN
Tony Pollard vs SF

Russell Gage vs TB
Tyler Boyd vs PIT

0.5 PPR. Stafford is playing and Julio is out
0 x
Win it for Fred

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:36 pm

UMFan83 wrote:Adams busted for me at the worst possible time yesterday while my opponent has already seen 2 of his 3 guys go over projections. Started the week favored to win by 28, now the projections have me winning by 12. Have a bad feeling about today.

D’Andre Swift vs TEN
Tony Pollard vs SF

Russell Gage vs TB
Tyler Boyd vs PIT

Definitely Gage. RB is a toss up, I'd go with Swift
0 x

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:36 pm

UMFan83 wrote:Adams busted for me at the worst possible time yesterday while my opponent has already seen 2 of his 3 guys go over projections. Started the week favored to win by 28, now the projections have me winning by 12. Have a bad feeling about today.

D’Andre Swift vs TEN
Tony Pollard vs SF

Russell Gage vs TB
Tyler Boyd vs PIT

0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:47 pm

rawaction wrote:

D’Andre Swift vs TEN
Tony Pollard vs SF

Russell Gage vs TB
Tyler Boyd vs PIT

That’s what I went with. Gage has rewarded me
With a TD, pollard has punished me with a TD
0 x
Win it for Fred

CoolHandLuke
All-Star

Postby CoolHandLuke » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:22 pm

Stupid Brees, ruining Kamara's value...
1 x

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:02 am

Unless my memory is failing me this marks my 2nd straight playoff trip in which zero of my non QB players have scored touchdowns. Although 2 of their backups did, so that's cool.
0 x

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:39 am

Gotta be horsefeathering kidding me! I am in a dead ass tie 150.6 to 150.6. He has Tyreke Hill still playing. I'm pretty sure the tiebreaker is bench points and he has the edge there. So unless Hill fumbles, I'm going to lose a tie game.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:54 am

My decision to drop Fournette a couple weeks back may likely end up very consequential as my Rd 1 opponent picked him up and he just had a solid outing.

I have to decide between Higgins or Claypool Monday night. He has Chubb tonight and I have about a 8 point edge right now (and if Mahomes picks up a few more here).
0 x

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:17 am

rawaction wrote:Gotta be horsefeathering kidding me! I am in a dead ass tie 150.6 to 150.6. He has Tyreke Hill still playing. I'm pretty sure the tiebreaker is bench points and he has the edge there. So unless Hill fumbles, I'm going to lose a tie game.

Well the league has no tiebreaker set up. Have a league manager and the former league manager in this league (been in it for 12 years), who both think bench points is the tiebreaker. But it's not stated anywhere on the site. And a Google search shows tiebreaker goes to the higher seed, which would be me.

My opponent wins easily on bench points with Tannehill (39.75), DeAndre Swift (22.5) and Marvin Jones (27.5). But I also made it known that he has an illegal lineup with James Connor on his IR, which he is not eligible for with a questionable status for tomorrow's game. But even if he activated him and cut any player he'd still have the edge in bench points (I didn't put McCaffery on IR when I knew he was out).

If I had just started GB defense instead of Tampa, I'd won. He had Justin Jefferson in and switched to Jonathan Taylor last minute, which got him +1.1 points. I don't think he had a logical play for Swift, Jones or Tannehill.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:25 am

Okay I need 6.5 points tomorrow. Ty Higgins or Chase Claypool?
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:43 am

rawaction wrote:
rawaction wrote:Gotta be horsefeathering kidding me! I am in a dead ass tie 150.6 to 150.6. He has Tyreke Hill still playing. I'm pretty sure the tiebreaker is bench points and he has the edge there. So unless Hill fumbles, I'm going to lose a tie game.

Well the league has no tiebreaker set up. Have a league manager and the former league manager in this league (been in it for 12 years), who both think bench points is the tiebreaker. But it's not stated anywhere on the site. And a Google search shows tiebreaker goes to the higher seed, which would be me.

My opponent wins easily on bench points with Tannehill (39.75), DeAndre Swift (22.5) and Marvin Jones (27.5). But I also made it known that he has an illegal lineup with James Connor on his IR, which he is not eligible for with a questionable status for tomorrow's game. But even if he activated him and cut any player he'd still have the edge in bench points (I didn't put McCaffery on IR when I knew he was out).

If I had just started GB defense instead of Tampa, I'd won. He had Justin Jefferson in and switched to Jonathan Taylor last minute, which got him +1.1 points. I don't think he had a logical play for Swift, Jones or Tannehill.

That’s rough. I don’t like bench points as a tiebreaker. Why wouldn’t it be like regular season points or like you said seed? I’d rather reward the team that has had a better entire season than the team that happened to leave the most points on their bench
0 x
Win it for Fred

Return to “General Fantasy Sports Discussions”