Complain about your fantasy team that no one cares about here

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Re: Complain about your fantasy team that no one cares about here

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:46 am

WrigleyField 22 wrote:Okay I need 6.5 points tomorrow. Ty Higgins or Chase Claypool?

That is really tough. Higgins has stayed somewhat consistent even with the 3rd string QB in. Claypool has been a bit boom or bust.

I’d go Claypool based on the better QB and going against the Bengals D instead of the Steelers. But I could go either way
0 x
Win it for Fred

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:48 am

WrigleyField 22 wrote:Okay I need 6.5 points tomorrow. Ty Higgins or Chase Claypool?

Claypool
0 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Re: RE: Re: Complain about your fantasy team that no one cares about here

Postby rawaction » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:11 am

UMFan83 wrote:
rawaction wrote:
rawaction wrote:Gotta be horsefeathering kidding me! I am in a dead ass tie 150.6 to 150.6. He has Tyreke Hill still playing. I'm pretty sure the tiebreaker is bench points and he has the edge there. So unless Hill fumbles, I'm going to lose a tie game.

Well the league has no tiebreaker set up. Have a league manager and the former league manager in this league (been in it for 12 years), who both think bench points is the tiebreaker. But it's not stated anywhere on the site. And a Google search shows tiebreaker goes to the higher seed, which would be me.

My opponent wins easily on bench points with Tannehill (39.75), DeAndre Swift (22.5) and Marvin Jones (27.5). But I also made it known that he has an illegal lineup with James Connor on his IR, which he is not eligible for with a questionable status for tomorrow's game. But even if he activated him and cut any player he'd still have the edge in bench points (I didn't put McCaffery on IR when I knew he was out).

If I had just started GB defense instead of Tampa, I'd won. He had Justin Jefferson in and switched to Jonathan Taylor last minute, which got him +1.1 points. I don't think he had a logical play for Swift, Jones or Tannehill.

That’s rough. I don’t like bench points as a tiebreaker. Why wouldn’t it be like regular season points or like you said seed? I’d rather reward the team that has had a better entire season than the team that happened to leave the most points on their bench

He has the points edge. I had the better record/seed. He beat me in the regular season.

League manager said he was going to see if the site moves one of us forward on Tuesday and that would decide it. I'm not going to make a huge stink either way, but I have documentation on my side.

Sent from my SM-A115AZ using Tapatalk
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:58 am

PPR or not PPR?

With 5 mins left Claypool has 3 catches for 54 yards and -6 yards rushing so 7.8 in PPR, 6.3 in 1/2 PPR and 4.8 in non-PPR

Higgins has 3 catches for 31 yards. So 6.1 in PPR, 5.6 in 1/2 PPR or 3.1 in non PPR

Most likely you are sweating this one out!
0 x
Win it for Fred

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:10 pm

I got piss lucky in one of my two money leagues last night. I was up 4.5 points and my opponent had Eric Ebron, who was projected for 10+ (I'm not sure exactly how the scoring works in this league but it produces higher point totals than standard scoring). Of course he ended up with no catches and left the game injured.

Unfortunately it was only a quarterfinal as this league goes all the way to week 17, but at least I'm still kicking.
0 x

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:22 pm

Well, I moved forward to the finals in my tie. Feel pretty bad for the guy I tied with, but he beat me in the finals 2 years ago and has won 2 of the last 3 championships. I guess to BE the best team, you have to actually BEAT the best team, which makes sense. But tough to lose without even losing.
1 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:40 pm

Andy wrote:I got piss lucky in one of my two money leagues last night. I was up 4.5 points and my opponent had Eric Ebron, who was projected for 10+ (I'm not sure exactly how the scoring works in this league but it produces higher point totals than standard scoring). Of course he ended up with no catches and left the game injured.

Unfortunately it was only a quarterfinal as this league goes all the way to week 17, but at least I'm still kicking.

I had a Draftkings lineup for the Monday night game only. You get to pick a player to be worth 1.5X more than normal. I picked Ebron, and as the game was such a horsefeathers show, I still wound up cashing somehow.

In other news, my brother had a 1.6 point lead in his semifinals match up, with his opponent out of players and my brother only had JuJu left. He decided to brave a stat correction loss and benched JuJu, who went on to score negative 2.6 points...
1 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:42 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
Andy wrote:I got piss lucky in one of my two money leagues last night. I was up 4.5 points and my opponent had Eric Ebron, who was projected for 10+ (I'm not sure exactly how the scoring works in this league but it produces higher point totals than standard scoring). Of course he ended up with no catches and left the game injured.

I had a Draftkings lineup for the Monday night game only. You get to pick a player to be worth 1.5X more than normal. I picked Ebron, and as the game was such a horsefeathers show, I still wound up cashing somehow.

In other news, my brother had a 1.6 point lead in his semifinals match up, with his opponent out of players and my brother only had JuJu left. He decided to brave a stat correction loss and benched JuJu, who went on to score negative 2.6 points...

Field Yates posted on Twitter that some guy had both JuJu AND Ebron, but was only up a half-point I think and ran them out there to avoid the stat correction loss. Absolutely brutal morning for whoever that was.
0 x

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:44 pm

I saw on Twitter the same situation. Dude had a 0.45 lead, and left Juju AND Ebron in because of potential stat corrections. Juju had -0.5. Ebron had 0 and got hurt. He lost by 0.05.

Also saw someone who lost by 0.02 because Ben took a knee with 8 seconds left down 10 points instead of getting some cheap yardage.
1 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:55 pm

Andy wrote:

Field Yates posted on Twitter that some guy had both JuJu AND Ebron, but was only up a half-point I think and ran them out there to avoid the stat correction loss. Absolutely brutal morning for whoever that was.

More bad beats: I saw someone on twitter that was down 0.75 points and had Ebron and Boyd going on MNF in a 1 point PPR league and of course lost because both left with injuries without catching a pass.
0 x
Win it for Fred

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:58 pm

Looks like McCaffery isn't going to come back to help me in the playoffs at all. Apparently Hunter Henry just got the COVID. Was able to pick up LeVeon Bell with CEH out for KC. But of course, someone stupidly dropped Kittle a few weeks ago (despite us having an IR spot), and my opponent was able to pick him up to go along with his regular TE, Darren Waller. So, I face the 2nd and 3rd best TEs in the league, while I'm picking one off the waiver wire. ESPN odds have him favored by 14.5.
0 x

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:31 pm

Playing in the finals this week. I assembled a record breaking team. My opponent in the semifinal didn't know what hit him. Darren Waller went off on Thursday night, Josh Allen went crazy on Saturday afternoon and Aaron Jones went berzerk on Saturday night. I was up 187-24 (3 players each) before the Sunday games started. That 187 was more than 3 teams in our league scored in the entire previous week with all 9 of their fantasy starters. Then with Kamara, Montgomery, Jarvis Landry, AJ Brown, Bears D and Bears kicker, I scored 343 points. I had nearly a 200 point lead going into Monday night with Ben Rothlisberger as the opponents only remaining player. Not bad for having the 8th pick in the draft.

I'm only favored by 24 points in the final. Kamara needs to do better this week. On Monday, I hope to not be complaining about my fantasy team. Good luck to everyone still in.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:43 pm

rawaction wrote:Looks like McCaffery isn't going to come back to help me in the playoffs at all. Apparently Hunter Henry just got the COVID. Was able to pick up LeVeon Bell with CEH out for KC. But of course, someone stupidly dropped Kittle a few weeks ago (despite us having an IR spot), and my opponent was able to pick him up to go along with his regular TE, Darren Waller. So, I face the 2nd and 3rd best TEs in the league, while I'm picking one off the waiver wire. ESPN odds have him favored by 14.5.

I'm up against Hunter "Hurst" Henry in both of my finals match-ups, and stashed Kittle on one of those lineups where TE has been a huge weak spot. Weird.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Thurman Merman
Starter

Postby Thurman Merman » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:12 am

BigbadB wrote:Playing in the finals this week. I assembled a record breaking team. My opponent in the semifinal didn't know what hit him. Darren Waller went off on Thursday night, Josh Allen went crazy on Saturday afternoon and Aaron Jones went berzerk on Saturday night. I was up 187-24 (3 players each) before the Sunday games started. That 187 was more than 3 teams in our league scored in the entire previous week with all 9 of their fantasy starters. Then with Kamara, Montgomery, Jarvis Landry, AJ Brown, Bears D and Bears kicker, I scored 343 points. I had nearly a 200 point lead going into Monday night with Ben Rothlisberger as the opponents only remaining player. Not bad for having the 8th pick in the draft.

I'm only favored by 24 points in the final. Kamara needs to do better this week. On Monday, I hope to not be complaining about my fantasy team. Good luck to everyone still in.

I think you are going to do just fine.
2 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:38 am

Traded my first round pick next year midseason for Cook. He's been solid with a high floor, but in the championship he disappointed IMO despite having an ok game. 9.3 points on the Vikings 1st drive, then 4 points the remaining 10 drives. Vikings had 1st downs inside the 5 yard line 4 different times, and scored TDs but not by Cook. Total luck but damn that horsefeathering sucks.

Really need Adams, Kyler or Lamar to step up or I'm screwed. My depth is being screwed with injuries to James Robinson, Ezekiel Elliott, Tyler Boyd, Mike Williams, etc.
0 x
Win it for Fred

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:51 am

UMFan83 wrote:Traded my first round pick next year midseason for Cook. He's been solid with a high floor, but in the championship he disappointed IMO despite having an ok game. 9.3 points on the Vikings 1st drive, then 4 points the remaining 10 drives. Vikings had 1st downs inside the 5 yard line 4 different times, and scored TDs but not by Cook. Total luck but damn that horsefeathering sucks.

Really need Adams, Kyler or Lamar to step up or I'm screwed. My depth is being screwed with injuries to James Robinson, Ezekiel Elliott, Tyler Boyd, Mike Williams, etc.

I have Thielen and am going against Cook. I was scared after that first drive. Then Thielen added like 3 catches, 40 yards and a TD in garbage time. For my sake, I'm hoping Kyler is the one that steps up.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:34 am

rawaction wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:Traded my first round pick next year midseason for Cook. He's been solid with a high floor, but in the championship he disappointed IMO despite having an ok game. 9.3 points on the Vikings 1st drive, then 4 points the remaining 10 drives. Vikings had 1st downs inside the 5 yard line 4 different times, and scored TDs but not by Cook. Total luck but damn that horsefeathering sucks.

I have Thielen and am going against Cook. I was scared after that first drive. Then Thielen added like 3 catches, 40 yards and a TD in garbage time. For my sake, I'm hoping Kyler is the one that steps up.

Yeah I looked at Dalvin Cook didn’t have a touch for the last 19 mins of the game including an entire 10+ play TD drive late in the 4th that he didn’t even step on the field for where the Vikings had 4 straight plays inside the 2. I get that they were down so not running a ton, but their entire season was literally on the line (eliminated with a loss) so I don’t understand why Cook wouldn’t step on the field for an entire desperation drive unless he was hurt
0 x
Win it for Fred

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:58 am

UMFan83 wrote:
rawaction wrote:

Yeah I looked at Dalvin Cook didn’t have a touch for the last 19 mins of the game including an entire 10+ play TD drive late in the 4th that he didn’t even step on the field for where the Vikings had 4 straight plays inside the 2. I get that they were down so not running a ton, but their entire season was literally on the line (eliminated with a loss) so I don’t understand why Cook wouldn’t step on the field for an entire desperation drive unless he was hurt

His primary backup was out too (along w/ his FB). Not sure why they didn't feed the ball to him constantly in the pass game as well. If he takes a beating and you lose, he has 9 months to heal up.
0 x

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:16 pm

rawaction wrote:Looks like McCaffery isn't going to come back to help me in the playoffs at all. Apparently Hunter Henry just got the COVID. Was able to pick up LeVeon Bell with CEH out for KC. But of course, someone stupidly dropped Kittle a few weeks ago (despite us having an IR spot), and my opponent was able to pick him up to go along with his regular TE, Darren Waller. So, I face the 2nd and 3rd best TEs in the league, while I'm picking one off the waiver wire. ESPN odds have him favored by 14.5.

Waller and Kittle did well for my opponent, who also had Cook. But none did anything astronomical (all 13.2- 16.5 points). Kyler didn't do a whole lot for me, but 75 rushing yards made his point total (17.85) respectable. Tampa D and Thielen exceeded expectations for me and I have a near 12 point lead with both of us having 3 players go. Projections have me winning by 2.5

Big key for me today may be my emergency pickup at TE, Austin Hooper. I picked him up on waivers a couple days ago, and it turns out Covid taketh away and Covid also potentially giveth to me this week. The Browns WR room is all close contacts with a positive Covid test and I believe all but 1 of them will be out today, making Hooper one of the primary targets against the Jets.
0 x

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:07 pm

Well, looks like I'm going to lose in the finals again. I'm up 7 right now with DJ Moore and Joey Slye against Bills D, Robby Anderson, and some guy named Stefon Diggs. LeVeon Bell did nothing and got hurt. Didn't have anything on my bench either.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:19 am

I was down 5.88 points before the last Packers drive. Adams did not come out the first 3 plays so i figured he was benched for the game since the Packers were up huge. Started congratulating my opponent (barring a miracle with AJB). And all the sudden on 3rd and long he comes out and catches a 27 yard pass. Now I’m down 2.88. Figured that won’t happen again because the Packers were running. Another 3rd and long, pass lofted to Adams who makes an incredible 32 yard catch. Ended up winning by 3 points (also got a 2 point bonus for hitting over 125 receiving yards). Championship won!
2 x
Win it for Fred

CoolHandLuke
All-Star

Postby CoolHandLuke » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:29 am

I'm up by about 65 and my opponent only has Josh Allen left (I'm done), so I'm looking pretty good to go to the championship. Feels great after starting 1-5. I will most likely be playing my dad in the championship game next week. I'm nervous about the chiefs resting their starters (I have Hill and kelce).
0 x

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:43 pm

On to the Week 17 championship in no small part due to Deshaun Watson. Even though there is nothing for the Texans to play for next week, hopefully Watson plays the full game.
0 x

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:33 pm

Week 17 championships are terrible.
1 x

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:36 pm

Only down 6 with Josh Allen left to play. He averages 60 in our league each week. Barring an early injury, I should be good to go. I don't understand how any fantasy league plays in week 17 with so much riding on their finals. Players sitting or playing very little is a major concern.
0 x

Return to “General Fantasy Sports Discussions”