2021 Complain about your fantasy team that no one cares about here discussion

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

2021 Complain about your fantasy team that no one cares about here discussion

Postby UMFan83 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:17 pm

Starting this off again.

To win the title last year, I traded my 1st round pick this year for Dalvin Cook. Also because I couldn't keep either of my QBs (Lamar, Murray - not allowed to keep more than 1 consecutive year), I was in a dire position at the draft. Because its a 2 QB start league, QBs fly off the board, I had to use a 2nd round keeper on Dak Prescott, and would not have the chance to draft a non-QB until the end of Q3 (AJ Brown was my other keeper in the 5th round).

Anyways, I ended up with a pretty crappy team but with upside IMO. Lost week 1 badly.

Here is my team:

QB (start 2) - Prescott, Roethisberger, Heinike
RB (start 3) - Gibson, James Robinson, Mike Davis, Javante Williams, Gordon, Eli Mitchell
WR (start 4) - AJ Brown, Allen Robinson, Galloday, Mooney (had Gallup but he's out for 5 weeks)
TE (start 1) - Kittle
streaming K and DEF

I have terrible WR depth, but I am not sure if any of my RBs are droppable for a WR (we only have 4 bench spots, 3 are currently used by RBs, and then Heinike because I needed another option for QB2 besides Ben)

Very unexciting team and I am really not sure at all how to improve it unless I trade Kittle for WR depth and then maybe consolidate a couple of RBs for a better one. The tough thing is using 1/2 my bench spots on the Broncos backfield - they both took exactly 50% of the snaps in W1 and neither may distinguish themselves). In the short term I might drop Mooney...I like his upside and the 7 targets he got, but I cannot start 2 Bears WRs with Dalton at QB and Nagy at HC.

Anyways, if anyone has any opinions (other than that my team sucks - i know that already) I'm all ears. If not, at the very least complain about your fantasy team that no one cares about here.
0 x
Win it for Fred

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Re: 2021 Complain about your fantasy team that no one cares about here discussion

Postby SouthSideRyan » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:18 pm

I assume every starting QB + rookies are on rosters?
0 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Re: 2021 Complain about your fantasy team that no one cares about here discussion

Postby UMFan83 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:23 pm

SouthSideRyan wrote:I assume every starting QB + rookies are on rosters?

Yep...actually besides Andy Dalton lol. I took Heinike because Dalton's situation is tenuious. I guess so is Heinike's if WFT brings in a QB, but I think he's the better play as backup QB. But yeah, every other starter and rookie are owned. I waited way too long to take QB2 and got stuck with Ben. Then late in the draft I picked up Taysom and Cam hoping one would pan out as a starter but that didn't work out obviously.
0 x
Win it for Fred

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:04 pm

UMFan83 wrote:Starting this off again.

To win the title last year, I traded my 1st round pick this year for Dalvin Cook. Also because I couldn't keep either of my QBs (Lamar, Murray - not allowed to keep more than 1 consecutive year), I was in a dire position at the draft. Because its a 2 QB start league, QBs fly off the board, I had to use a 2nd round keeper on Dak Prescott, and would not have the chance to draft a non-QB until the end of Q3 (AJ Brown was my other keeper in the 5th round).

Anyways, I ended up with a pretty crappy team but with upside IMO. Lost week 1 badly.

Here is my team:

RB (start 3) - Gibson, James Robinson, Mike Davis, Javante Williams, Gordon, Eli Mitchell
WR (start 4) - AJ Brown, Allen Robinson, Galloday, Mooney (had Gallup but he's out for 5 weeks)
TE (start 1) - Kittle
streaming K and DEF

I have terrible WR depth, but I am not sure if any of my RBs are droppable for a WR (we only have 4 bench spots, 3 are currently used by RBs, and then Heinike because I needed another option for QB2 besides Ben)

Very unexciting team and I am really not sure at all how to improve it unless I trade Kittle for WR depth and then maybe consolidate a couple of RBs for a better one. The tough thing is using 1/2 my bench spots on the Broncos backfield - they both took exactly 50% of the snaps in W1 and neither may distinguish themselves). In the short term I might drop Mooney...I like his upside and the 7 targets he got, but I cannot start 2 Bears WRs with Dalton at QB and Nagy at HC.

Anyways, if anyone has any opinions (other than that my team sucks - i know that already) I'm all ears. If not, at the very least complain about your fantasy team that no one cares about here.

Can't you trade one of those RBs for a WR? And how many teams are there? I'm in a 14 team, and your team would be the stone nuts in it.
0 x
"We are at a point in time where comments can be interpreted as racist, sexist, Anti-semitic, etc. depending on the circumstance and the listener." -B2B

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:18 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:Starting this off again.

Here is my team:

TE (start 1) - Kittle
streaming K and DEF

Can't you trade one of those RBs for a WR? And how many teams are there? I'm in a 14 team, and your team would be the stone nuts in it.

12 team league. I'm not sure if stone nuts is good or bad lol. I have several decent players but other than Dak no money players. Hoping Gibson's volume last week translates into more points this year. Last year I had Kyler, Lamar, Davante Adams, AJ Brown, Dalvin, JRob, Zeke. I would go look at the rankings and be disappointed if any of my starters were not top 12 of their position.

But to your question, there are trades in our league but usually not this early in the year, and post week 1 their values are a bit depressed (JRob, Mike Davis in particular but also the Broncos RBs because their situation is still unclear)
0 x
Win it for Fred

Return to “General Fantasy Sports Discussions”