Nobody cares about my fantasy team

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Nobody cares about my fantasy team

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:39 pm

I played this crap like 15 years ago with a bunch of friends and haven't since. We had the bright idea to start an espn league with the same guys so I jumped in. Anywho, my bench outscored my starting lineup by 14 this week. I am not cut out for this
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Re: Nobody cares about my fantasy team

Postby UMFan83 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:38 pm

I have the worst fantasy luck ever. I won't go into my full rant but I had a 90 point lead going into the 3 pm games with 4 guys going (R Wilson, Gurley, Decker and Folk) and opponent with 6 (Winston, Wentz, Sproles, Chiefs D, Sims and Lockett)

I left the afternoon games down 33 and Winston still has a game winning drive left.

All I had to do was keep it within 15 before SNF (I have Elliot and Kevin white he has Barth) to likely win. 123 point swing makes it an almost guaranteed loss now. I think I'm gonna quit
0 x
Win it for Fred

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:05 am

it's so dumb. I made a last minute decision to start will fuller instead of emmanuel sanders. 20 points there
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:38 am

UMFan83 wrote:I have the worst fantasy luck ever. I won't go into my full rant but I had a 90 point lead going into the 3 pm games with 4 guys going (R Wilson, Gurley, Decker and Folk) and opponent with 6 (Winston, Wentz, Sproles, Chiefs D, Sims and Lockett)

I left the afternoon games down 33 and Winston still has a game winning drive left.

All I had to do was keep it within 15 before SNF (I have Elliot and Kevin white he has Barth) to likely win. 123 point swing makes it an almost guaranteed loss now. I think I'm gonna quit

Gonna expand on this even though no one cares:

1) Dolphins are at the 10 yard line in OT and a FG wins it. To me hitting a chip shot FG seems like the play but instead they hand off to Ajayi (who my opponent has), who had done nothing today and scores a TD (+7 points)
2) The Jets drive into Chiefs red zone not once, not twice, not thrice but 4 times in the second half. My opponent has the Chiefs D and I have Folk and Decker. The Jets get into the red zone and it seems very likely I take points away from his D and/or I get points from Folk or Decker. Instead ALL FOUR TIMES they get in the red zone Fitzpatrick throws an INT. FOUR TIMES! He also throws a TAINT in the game. (~+20 points if 3 of those red zone sits is instead jets points)
3) Seahawks score 37 points but Russell Wilson only has 1 TD pass and leaves game in 3rd quarter
4) Cowboys have 3 rushing TDs tonight but not one of them is by Elliott who probably has 90% of their total rushing attempts tonight
5) Wentz and Sproles hook up for 75yard TD, opponent has them both

There are so much more. I hope no one reads his I just needed to get it off my chest. I know everyone says this horsefeathers but I'm 100% serious that I have the 2nd most points in my league for the year and I am 0-3. I didn't even realize that was possible but I played the highest scoring team that week all 3 weeks
1 x
Win it for Fred

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:02 pm

Sorry one more rant....has anyone heard of this happening.

If the projected MNF scores hold in my league, this will be the scenario for me.

-I will lead my league in points scored by 3 points over the 2nd best team.
-I will be in 12th place out of 12 teams as the only 0-3 team in the league

HOW. IS. THAT. POSSIBLE?!?!?!?

Edit: I will post a screenshot of my league standings tomorrow if the scores do hold so you won't all think I'm somehow preparing my inner raging lunatic for the Cubs playoff run with these rants.
0 x
Win it for Fred

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:56 pm

After winning the league last year, I'm sitting 0-3 already this year. I was favored in all 3 match ups. I was favored by nearly 10 points this week, and I'm currently losing by 21.5 points and he still has Brees going tonight. Ass whoopin'. Think I have a bullseye on my forehead.
0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:34 am

I picked up Tevin Coleman this week for one of my 17 RBs that are now out for the year and promptly put him on my bench. He just scored his 2nd TD of the 1st half.
0 x

Splendid Splinter
All-Star

Postby Splendid Splinter » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:20 am

UMFan83 wrote:Sorry one more rant....has anyone heard of this happening.

If the projected MNF scores hold in my league, this will be the scenario for me.

Edit: I will post a screenshot of my league standings tomorrow if the scores do hold so you won't all think I'm somehow preparing my inner raging lunatic for the Cubs playoff run with these rants.

I did that like 6 years ago in a 10 team private league where I lead the league in pts scored, but ended up like 8th/9th. I'll have to look at my fantasy history and try to find that. That was a very frustrating year. Basically you played guys who had their season high pts total against you. EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK!

Then the following week, those guys would score like 30+ pts less.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:45 pm

Splendid Splinter wrote:

I did that like 6 years ago in a 10 team private league where I lead the league in pts scored, but ended up like 8th/9th. I'll have to look at my fantasy history and try to find that. That was a very frustrating year. Basically you played guys who had their season high pts total against you. EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK!

I'm glad someone else has seen this. At the end of the day I ended up finishing 11 points behind most points in the league for the season so at least I'm not 1st in points, last in the league.
0 x
Win it for Fred

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:38 pm

Splendid Splinter wrote:

This happened to me in my keeper league 2-3 years ago. Ended the season with far and away the most points but missed out on the playoffs with like a 5-9 record since I played the highest scorer every week.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:00 pm

I started Stafford over Ryan thinking he was due for a much better day against the Bears D than Matty Ice over Carolina. i'm not cut out for this
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:07 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:
Splendid Splinter wrote:

This happened to me in my keeper league 2-3 years ago. Ended the season with far and away the most points but missed out on the playoffs with like a 5-9 record since I played the highest scorer every week.

Update:

After the 3pm games, I held a 154-139 lead. Opponent had Roethlisberger left, I have Minnesota's D. You can see where this is going. Normally in that situation I'd feel pretty good about winning. But Roethlisberger scores him 43 points and now I need 25 points from Vikings D to avoid going 0-4.

I am likely to finish with the 3rd most points in the league this week and of course my opponent will finish with the 2nd most. How does this keep happening?
0 x
Win it for Fred

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:31 pm

a guy in our league has obviously given up. he scored 11 this week. his lineup:

bye
out
bye
bye
0 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:51 pm

I'm in a 2 QB (then standard lineup otherwise) non-PPR league. Usually about 115-125 is good enough to win a week. The last 3 weeks my opponents have scored 147, 165 and 170 points while I've hit 118, 145 and 155. Cool stuff
0 x
Screw Pitchers

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:07 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:I'm in a 2 QB (then standard lineup otherwise) non-PPR league. Usually about 115-125 is good enough to win a week. The last 3 weeks my opponents have scored 147, 165 and 170 points while I've hit 118, 145 and 155. Cool stuff

My league is 2 QB league too but PPR. Usually 130 gets you a win 75% of the time. I've scored at least 147 points in every week this season and lost every time. The last 2 weeks I will have scored 187 and somewhere between 165-170.

I just looked it up, if I played every team in my league in every week and scored my LOWEST point total of the season in those games, my record would be 22-22.
Last edited by UMFan83 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Win it for Fred

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:11 pm

This week I somehow caught the wrong end of 3 same-team combinations that should usually go my way.

I had DeAndre Hopkins and my opponent had Will Fuller, which resulted in about minus-20 points for me.
I had Doug Baldwin and Tyler Lockett and my opponent had Jimmy Graham, which resulted in minus-6 more. (Just to rub it in, my opponent also had Russell Wilson, who threw TDs to CJ Spiller and an undrafted rookie FA, but not Baldwin or Lockett.)
I had David Johnson and my opponent had John Brown...another minus-4 points.

I am somehow winning by a fraction of a point because I had Matt Ryan (hey, thanks for ruining my NFL season, buddy), but I have Orleans Darkwa and my opponent has Odell Beckham Jr. tonight. It'd be nice if I caught the right end of one of these improbable teammate dichotomies, but who am I kidding.
Last edited by Andy on Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ITS THE THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE FOR GODS SAKES

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:13 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:
Splendid Splinter wrote:

Update:

After the 3pm games, I held a 154-139 lead. Opponent had Roethlisberger left, I have Minnesota's D. You can see where this is going. Normally in that situation I'd feel pretty good about winning. But Roethlisberger scores him 43 points and now I need 25 points from Vikings D to avoid going 0-4.

I am likely to finish with the 3rd most points in the league this week and of course my opponent will finish with the 2nd most. How does this keep happening?

I hate that so much. One year I led my league in scoring four different weeks (I don't remember where I finished for the whole season in scoring, but it was high) but finished 5-8. 1-8 when anyone in the entire league outscored me.
0 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:48 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:I'm in a 2 QB (then standard lineup otherwise) non-PPR league. Usually about 115-125 is good enough to win a week. The last 3 weeks my opponents have scored 147, 165 and 170 points while I've hit 118, 145 and 155. Cool stuff

My league is 2 QB league too but PPR. Usually 130 gets you a win 75% of the time. I've scored at least 147 points in every week this season and lost every time. The last 2 weeks I will have scored 187 and somewhere between 165-170.

I just looked it up, if I played every team in my league in every week and scored my LOWEST point total of the season in those games, my record would be 22-22.

I'm either 2 or 3 in average per week but am 0-4. It's only an 8 team league and 6 make playoffs. 1 of the teams is trash so I am sill very much in it if I can go like 6-3, 7-2 the rest of the way. I also get Brady back this week. So I've been putting up big points with Flacco, Tyrod and Marriota as my QBs
0 x
Screw Pitchers

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:06 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:

I'm either 2 or 3 in average per week but am 0-4. It's only an 8 team league and 6 make playoffs. 1 of the teams is trash so I am sill very much in it if I can go like 6-3, 7-2 the rest of the way. I also get Brady back this week. So I've been putting up big points with Flacco, Tyrod and Marriota as my QBs

I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I am in a 12 team league and 8 make the playoffs, but I am already going to be 2 games out of a playoff spot despite having scored the 2nd most points in the league to date.
0 x
Win it for Fred

bcl412
Superstar

Postby bcl412 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:22 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:I started Stafford over Ryan thinking he was due for a much better day against the Bears D than Matty Ice over Carolina. i'm not cut out for this

Started Palmer over Ryan, had everyone else but Palmer with good days and lost in the 4th quarter of the Steelers game because bell had a 30 yard run late. I start Ryan I win easily. Fantasy is dumb.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:44 pm

Updated Standings:

0 x
Win it for Fred

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:57 pm

Andy wrote:This week I somehow caught the wrong end of 3 same-team combinations that should usually go my way.

I had DeAndre Hopkins and my opponent had Will Fuller, which resulted in about minus-20 points for me.
I had Doug Baldwin and Tyler Lockett and my opponent had Jimmy Graham, which resulted in minus-6 more. (Just to rub it in, my opponent also had Russell Wilson, who threw TDs to CJ Spiller and an undrafted rookie FA, but not Baldwin or Lockett.)
I had David Johnson and my opponent had John Brown...another minus-4 points.

I am somehow winning by a fraction of a point because I had Matt Ryan (hey, thanks for ruining my NFL season, buddy), but I have Orleans Darkwa and my opponent has Odell Beckham Jr. tonight. It'd be nice if I caught the right end of one of these improbable teammate dichotomies, but who am I kidding.

Well what do you know, this worked out after all.
0 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:37 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:

I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I am in a 12 team league and 8 make the playoffs, but I am already going to be 2 games out of a playoff spot despite having scored the 2nd most points in the league to date.

Now that last weeks games are done and points updated in my league.... I've had 609 points scored against me, only 2 other teams have over 500 against them (everyone else in the 400s) and none higher than 520. I've scored the 3rd most points in the league and sit at 0-4.

0 x
Screw Pitchers

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:11 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:a guy in our league has obviously given up. he scored 11 this week. his lineup:

bye
out
bye
bye

I am playing this guy this week, and we are both projected to score 83 as of right now. if I were a betting man, I'd say he beats me by 6
0 x

Proven Veteran
All-Star

Postby Proven Veteran » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:34 pm

I won this week by .06, it came down to one yard for McKinnon last night.
0 x

Return to “General Fantasy Sports Discussions”