The Cardinals

Discussion about other teams, non-cubs players, baseball history, sabr vs scouting, etc.
XZero77
Superstar

Re: The Cardinals

Postby XZero77 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:30 pm

I have consistently lurked on the message boards of our rival teams for years, even when we were awful, and have never seen your average message board Cardinal fan in such a state as they have been this offseason. People who are normally composed and thoughtful have become bitter and irrational. Posters who were already thinly veiled homers have devolved into delusional, horsefeathers flinging meatball apes.

I don't know what is going to transpire over the next few years, and I make no presumptions of great success, but the Cubs and the attention they are getting is deep into the heads of a lot of Cardinals fans, making them look insecure and petty. One would think that after a prolonged run of success they'd be more passively confident, but I think just the mere prospect of being unseated by the Cubs (possibly for several years) is more than some of them can bear.

It's hilarious.
1 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:59 pm

Is this about the grb thread about the Darnell Mcdonald "in blue, out red" shirts?
0 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:06 pm

Good Lord, I didn't even know Gateway Redbirds existed when bad things didn't happen to the Cardinals.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

Duke Silver
5-Time All-Star

Postby Duke Silver » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:13 pm

David wrote:Is this about the grb thread about the Darnell Mcdonald "in blue, out red" shirts?

From that thread:
I wonder how the Cubs are going to respond to not being able to play the plucky underdog card this year.

Well, most likely, by beating the [expletive] out of everyone.
2 x

XZero77
Superstar

Postby XZero77 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:19 pm

David wrote:Is this about the grb thread about the Darnell Mcdonald "in blue, out red" shirts?

Sort of, that thread was just the impetus to finally say what I've been thinking for weeks.

Some of the posters who were on the fence over there have gone full homer moron over the course of the offseason.
0 x

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:24 am

It's going to be a blast kicking the horsefeathers out of them this year and watching them bitch about it.
0 x
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ITS THE THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE FOR GODS SAKES

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:20 pm

Andy wrote:It's going to be a blast kicking the [expletive] out of them this year and watching them bitch about it.

it'll be kinda anticlimactic for me on that end. i don't think that can get better than watching their reaction to literally getting donged into space in the playoffs.
3 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:07 pm

David wrote:
Andy wrote:It's going to be a blast kicking the [expletive] out of them this year and watching them bitch about it.

it'll be kinda anticlimactic for me on that end. i don't think that can get better than watching their reaction to literally getting donged into space in the playoffs.

this x100
0 x
Win it for Fred

mul21
5-Time All-Star

Postby mul21 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:22 pm

David wrote:

No, the extended misery of watching them die a slow death during the season and their fans knowing that it will be this way for at least a few years will be glorious. Of course, I live in the heart of Cardinal fandom, so I may be a little more bitter about it than most of you.
0 x
I like beer.

dawson1989
Role Player

Postby dawson1989 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:46 pm

Careful or you'll awaken the satanchip.
0 x
YES! it's me

Lenny
Starter

Postby Lenny » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:34 am

XZero77 wrote:I have consistently lurked on the message boards of our rival teams for years, even when we were awful, and have never seen your average message board Cardinal fan in such a state as they have been this offseason. People who are normally composed and thoughtful have become bitter and irrational. Posters who were already thinly veiled homers have devolved into delusional, [expletive] flinging meatball apes.

I don't know what is going to transpire over the next few years, and I make no presumptions of great success, but the Cubs and the attention they are getting is deep into the heads of a lot of Cardinals fans, making them look insecure and petty. One would think that after a prolonged run of success they'd be more passively confident, but I think just the mere prospect of being unseated by the Cubs (possibly for several years) is more than some of them can bear.

It's hilarious.

The Cardinal's playoffs/total fail this offseason, combined with most of their membership becoming laughably born-again SJWs in the wake of Ferguson (seriously, I've read horsefeathers there that would make Melissa Harris-Perry blush), has made GRB one of my go-to sites when I need a laugh.
0 x

NonProfitCow
All-Star

Postby NonProfitCow » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:52 pm

Lenny wrote:
XZero77 wrote:I have consistently lurked on the message boards of our rival teams for years, even when we were awful, and have never seen your average message board Cardinal fan in such a state as they have been this offseason. People who are normally composed and thoughtful have become bitter and irrational. Posters who were already thinly veiled homers have devolved into delusional, [expletive] flinging meatball apes.

It's hilarious.

The Cardinal's playoffs/total fail this offseason, combined with most of their membership becoming laughably born-again SJWs in the wake of Ferguson (seriously, I've read [expletive] there that would make Melissa Harris-Perry blush), has made GRB one of my go-to sites when I need a laugh.

anyone figure out wtf this meant?
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:55 pm

NonProfitCow wrote:
Lenny wrote:

It's hilarious.

The Cardinal's playoffs/total fail this offseason, combined with most of their membership becoming laughably born-again SJWs in the wake of Ferguson (seriously, I've read [expletive] there that would make Melissa Harris-Perry blush), has made GRB one of my go-to sites when I need a laugh.

Lenny is pissed that some of his people are sympathetic toward black people nowadays.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:57 pm

NonProfitCow wrote:
Lenny wrote:

It's hilarious.

0 x
► Show Spoiler

sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President

Postby sneakypower » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:09 pm

is that chewbacca with an alec baldwin mask
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:28 pm

It's Daniel Baldwin with an Alec Baldwin mask.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

RammyFanny
All-Star

Postby RammyFanny » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:58 pm

0 x

NOLA
All-Star

Postby NOLA » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:57 pm

Someone in STL please demand an Atheist Day. Or a Muslim Pride Day.
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:49 am

OF COURSE HE'S NOT

this organization is so horsefeathering boring
0 x

Thurman Merman
Starter

Postby Thurman Merman » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:34 am

Yes, the Cardinals always seem to be on the wrong side of the argument, but its their hypocritical nature that always gets me. They are the worst.
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:36 am

Pablo Ozuna calling him out out of nowhere
0 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:45 am

pablo ozuna's twitter account is aweome. who knew he was so funny
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:50 am

Bunts Lick Butts wrote:pablo ozuna's twitter account is aweome. who knew he was so funny

0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:54 am

does the same guy run it that runs cespedes family bbq?
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:31 pm

this would be so cardinals and damnit this guy is going to piss us off all over again
0 x

Return to “General Baseball Discussion”