The Cardinals

Discussion about other teams, non-cubs players, baseball history, sabr vs scouting, etc.
User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 30682
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 1351
x 2999
Contact:

Re: The Cardinals

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:55 pm

on the upside for them, he's not dead
20 x
Image

d_money
All-Star
Posts: 1952
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:57 pm
x 23

Re: The Cardinals

Postby d_money » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:00 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:on the upside for them, he's not dead

I - like many, was thinking the same thing! Suck it Cards.
0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 63532
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 2769
x 2964

Re: The Cardinals

Postby Banedon » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:24 pm

Confirmed, TJS for Reyes.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Andy
Hall of Fame
Posts: 30528
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:02 am
Location: West Michigan
x 322

Re: The Cardinals

Postby Andy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:03 pm

Bummer. I didn't want him to get hurt. Just wanted him to stink.
0 x
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ITS THE THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE FOR GODS SAKES

User avatar
NOLA
All-Star
Posts: 3331
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Marigny, New Orleans
x 374
x 234
Contact:

Re: The Cardinals

Postby NOLA » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:46 pm

0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 63532
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 2769
x 2964

Re: The Cardinals

Postby Banedon » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:56 pm

NOLA wrote:


Plans to throw his first bullpen on Friday. Sat out today due to soreness in shoulder/triceps.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 54065
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 279
x 3764

Re: The Cardinals

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:02 pm

Probably trying to get a DL stint to start the year so he doesn't have to face Rizzo.
3 x

User avatar
bd811
All-Star
Posts: 1342
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:19 pm
Location: Ukrainian Village
x 653
x 330

Re: The Cardinals

Postby bd811 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:36 pm

Andy wrote:Bummer. I didn't want him to get hurt. Just wanted him to stink.


i'm ok with waiting til next year for him to stink
0 x

User avatar
CubInOK
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6461
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 1:08 am
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
x 999
x 313

Re: The Cardinals

Postby CubInOK » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:57 pm

I get the feeling BFsIB will start asking to trade Fowler by the end of spring training.

0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 69914
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 5642
x 7545

Re: The Cardinals

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:12 pm

If something as basic as someone's wife and daughter wanting to see their relatives dings in your reptile brain as being "anti-Trump," then maaaaaaaaaaaaybe it should be clicking that you have chosen very poorly in your life.
3 x
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Duke Silver
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9076
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:45 am
x 8151
x 5324

Re: The Cardinals

Postby Duke Silver » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:12 pm

CubInOK wrote:I get the feeling BFsIB will start asking to trade Fowler by the end of spring training.



It comes as very little surprise that the Cards fan from Pekin, IL thinks this, considering he lives in a town that's high school nickname was the Pekin Chinks until the 1980s.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame
Posts: 21146
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: Pike Road, Al
x 98
x 212

Re: The Cardinals

Postby CubinNY » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:15 pm

Duke Silver wrote:
CubInOK wrote:I get the feeling BFsIB will start asking to trade Fowler by the end of spring training.



It comes as very little surprise that the Cards fan from Pekin, IL thinks this, considering he lives in a town that's high school nickname was the Pekin Chinks until the 1980s.

Mouthbreathers.
0 x

User avatar
Cubswin11
Superstar
Posts: 16705
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 1824
x 1950

Re: The Cardinals

Postby Cubswin11 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:29 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:If something as basic as someone's wife and daughter wanting to see their relatives dings in your reptile brain as being "anti-Trump," then maaaaaaaaaaaaybe it should be clicking that you have chosen very poorly in your life.

Yeah, unless that USA Today article left out quotes I don't get how you see what he said as "anti-Trump." He just basically acknowledged that it affected his personal travel plans and that was unfortunate, essentially.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
NOLA
All-Star
Posts: 3331
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Marigny, New Orleans
x 374
x 234
Contact:

Re: The Cardinals

Postby NOLA » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:14 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:If something as basic as someone's wife and daughter wanting to see their relatives dings in your reptile brain as being "anti-Trump," then maaaaaaaaaaaaybe it should be clicking that you have chosen very poorly in your life.

Yeah, unless that USA Today article left out quotes I don't get how you see what he said as "anti-Trump." He just basically acknowledged that it affected his personal travel plans and that was unfortunate, essentially.

If you question any aspect of the Supreme Leader, you are anti-Trump.
0 x

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58002
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 5406
x 3322

Re: The Cardinals

Postby David » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:23 pm

this is actually making me angry

couldn't he have signed anywhere else ugh
2 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58002
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 5406
x 3322

Re: The Cardinals

Postby David » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:24 pm

NOLA wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:If something as basic as someone's wife and daughter wanting to see their relatives dings in your reptile brain as being "anti-Trump," then maaaaaaaaaaaaybe it should be clicking that you have chosen very poorly in your life.

Yeah, unless that USA Today article left out quotes I don't get how you see what he said as "anti-Trump." He just basically acknowledged that it affected his personal travel plans and that was unfortunate, essentially.

If you question any aspect of the Supreme Leader, you are anti-Trump.


the funny thing is, one of those first two guys was already getting pissed at trump on inauguration weekend (and was tweeting about it)

https://twitter.com/MikeWeghorst/with_replies
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

eee123
bench player
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:44 am
Location: St. Louis, MO
x 6

Re: The Cardinals

Postby eee123 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:54 am

Last edited by eee123 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

eee123
bench player
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:44 am
Location: St. Louis, MO
x 6

Re: The Cardinals

Postby eee123 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:54 am

Oops, double post.
Last edited by eee123 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Pushfrog98
All-Star
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:36 pm
Location: St. Louis
x 124
x 20

Re: The Cardinals

Postby Pushfrog98 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:05 pm

Duke Silver wrote:
CubInOK wrote:I get the feeling BFsIB will start asking to trade Fowler by the end of spring training.



It comes as very little surprise that the Cards fan from Pekin, IL thinks this, considering he lives in a town that's high school nickname was the Pekin Chinks until the 1980s.

My Soph. year of high school, we had a track meet in Pekin. Just outside the track was a sign that said "Coloreds must be in by dark."

This was in 1996.

It wasn't there the next time we went to Pekin, so we're not sure if it was just some idiot who posted the sign, but it looked legit. Either way, it was a good indicator of what kind of horsefeathers Towne Pekin is.
0 x

squally1313
All-Star
Posts: 2109
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:34 pm
x 523
x 402

Re: The Cardinals

Postby squally1313 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:08 am

0 x

Moller
Role Player
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:28 am
x 8
x 26

Re: The Cardinals

Postby Moller » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:05 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-10-fac ... 23704.html

More on the BFIB and Dex, good article by Passan.
5 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 63532
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 2769
x 2964

Re: The Cardinals

Postby Banedon » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:16 pm

squally1313 wrote:http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18726190/rick-ankiel-drank-games-calm-nerves

There's so many places you can go with this.


After watching the video that Sammy posted about Mackey Sasser...Ankiel's story interests me.
0 x
Image

Cubfanintheknow
All-Star
Posts: 1621
Joined: Sat May 10, 2003 12:27 pm
x 12
x 69

Re: The Cardinals

Postby Cubfanintheknow » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:26 pm

Moller wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-10-facebook-comments-tell-the-story-of-dexter-fowler-the-cardinals-and-america-in-2017-171623704.html

More on the BFIB and Dex, good article by Passan.


Helluvan article. And with so, so many fans speaking out against Dexter, it's amazing how quiet the Cardinals organization is. Stick up for the guy!!!
0 x

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58002
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 5406
x 3322

Re: The Cardinals

Postby David » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:04 pm

11 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 63532
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 2769
x 2964

Re: The Cardinals

Postby Banedon » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:10 am

David wrote:


Now get a video of him getting his first paycheck. I bet it's a slightly different reaction.
0 x
Image


Return to “General Baseball Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest