Who is Ryan Schultz?

Discussion about other teams, non-cubs players, baseball history, sabr vs scouting, etc.
bd811
All-Star

Re: Who is Ryan Schultz?

Postby bd811 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:42 pm

biittner77 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:that is such a load of crap

how do you "know" this apology is genuine? You don't. You've never met this person. You were fooled by them before and suddenly you think you know them?

I feel like the lesson here should be to not take people's online personas at their word, or believe their words are genuine, rather than double down on your faith in them.

All of the old Cubs.com people, remember that guy that faked his death by pretending to be his own brother going online to say goodbye after he had drowned in a boating accident? Then he showed up a couple months later to say it was research for a paper he was writing for a psychology class. Good times.

this happened on a baseball message board i used to visit as well, appropriately named baseball.com. the dude was dating another poster on the site and roped her into it to post that he died in a car accident. it was bizarre. and then he came clean a few days later and everyone just kind of forgot it even happened.
0 x

biittner77
Superstar

Postby biittner77 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:40 pm

bd811 wrote:
biittner77 wrote:

how do you "know" this apology is genuine? You don't. You've never met this person. You were fooled by them before and suddenly you think you know them?

I feel like the lesson here should be to not take people's online personas at their word, or believe their words are genuine, rather than double down on your faith in them.

All of the old Cubs.com people, remember that guy that faked his death by pretending to be his own brother going online to say goodbye after he had drowned in a boating accident? Then he showed up a couple months later to say it was research for a paper he was writing for a psychology class. Good times.

this happened on a baseball message board i used to visit as well, appropriately named baseball.com. the dude was dating another poster on the site and roped her into it to post that he died in a car accident. it was bizarre. and then he came clean a few days later and everyone just kind of forgot it even happened.

People on Cubs.com were angry and 2 other people that were sort of involved stopped posting because of this. Of course, back in 2001 people expected better behavior from people on the innerwebs. That seems so stupid in retrospect.
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:48 pm

GTZaskar
0 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

davell
Hall of Fame

Postby davell » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:22 pm

We had a guy on ITI, maybe we had moved to SonsofIvy, by then.....The dude got bit by a snake, was dying, broke out of the hospital, had amnesia or some horsefeathers.....Had his sister asking us if we knew where he was. Maybe a grandparent or some horsefeathers too. This ain't completely correct, it was a long time ago. But, its fairly close lol. I want to say he was in some jungle too lol.
1 x
Additional rule: you have to have one or the other.The only exception is you have an amazing board name. davell, I'm looking at you; put up a [expletive] avatar or something if your name only sounds like somebody tried say Dave as they lapsed into a coma.

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:24 pm

davell wrote:We had a guy on ITI, maybe we had moved to SonsofIvy, by then.....The dude got bit by a snake, was dying, broke out of the hospital, had amnesia or some horsefeathers.....Had his sister asking us if we knew where he was. Maybe a grandparent or some horsefeathers too. This ain't completely correct, it was a long time ago. But, its fairly close lol. I want to say he was in some jungle too lol.

was the initial notice physical appearance black?
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

davell
Hall of Fame

Postby davell » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:28 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
davell wrote:We had a guy on ITI, maybe we had moved to SonsofIvy, by then.....The dude got bit by a snake, was dying, broke out of the hospital, had amnesia or some horsefeathers.....Had his sister asking us if we knew where he was. Maybe a grandparent or some horsefeathers too. This ain't completely correct, it was a long time ago. But, its fairly close lol. I want to say he was in some jungle too lol.

Over my head. What do you mean?
0 x
Additional rule: you have to have one or the other.The only exception is you have an amazing board name. davell, I'm looking at you; put up a [expletive] avatar or something if your name only sounds like somebody tried say Dave as they lapsed into a coma.

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:30 pm

davell wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

you never met Hardcorecubsfan? He was an illiterate teacher that had an affinity for snakes and making incoherent statements, such as the one quoted above.
1 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

davell
Hall of Fame

Postby davell » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:36 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
davell wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

you never met Hardcorecubsfan? He was an illiterate teacher that had an affinity for snakes and making incoherent statements, such as the one quoted above.

Ah lol. I remember the name and all, but I didn't venture off the baseball stuff at all for a few years after I got here. I missed way too much of the awesome stuff.
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:38 pm

The initial notice was a physical appearance black is an all time nsbb meme
0 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:41 pm

davell wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

http://www.northsidebaseball.com/archiv ... 3#p1692053

Followed by Sammy's response...

http://www.northsidebaseball.com/archiv ... 8#p1692288
1 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:55 pm

seems like the robot thing is an overused bit by mojo. we should erase it from existence.
0 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:16 am

David wrote:seems like the robot thing is an overused bit by mojo. we should erase it from existence.

Sounds like something a robot would say.
1 x
► Show Spoiler

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame

Postby 17 Seconds » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:11 am

biittner77 wrote:

didn't imb do something similar to this as a joke? i remember somebody on here telling a story just like that
0 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:01 am

17 Seconds wrote:
biittner77 wrote:

didn't imb do something similar to this as a joke? i remember somebody on here telling a story just like that

Yep. It was the same forum that I mentioned in a post up above.

This was far enough back that I had dial-up internet. I was going to my grandparents for a weekend (who didn't have internet) and I posted something as my brother, saying that I had been hit by someone who ran a red light and died on my way there. I had no end game, I just was like "I wonder what they'll say."

I get to my grandparents' house and my brother eventually calls. Somehow these people had tracked his email down and were trying to send flowers to the funeral lol.
2 x

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame

Postby 17 Seconds » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:07 am

hahahaha. what was the fallout when you got back?
0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:10 am

17 Seconds wrote:hahahaha. what was the fallout when you got back?

4 x

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:03 am

4 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:34 pm

17 Seconds wrote:hahahaha. what was the fallout when you got back?

well, my brother called me at my grandparents' house and was like what the hell is going on? I put so little thought into it before I did it that I didn't even know what he was talking about.

I basically just owned up to it and said "hey guys im dumb." The funniest part was there were all these memorials people had left. I remember one guy wrote (before knowing i was a lying dumbass, of course) that it was especially tragic because I died on the way to help my grandparents and that it was something I would do because I was always so helpful. I was like what the hell is this guy taking about.

A few years later it happened again to someone else. A guy posted that he had logged into his brother's account so he could tell us that his brother had been murdered in a home invasion. Everyone was a little boy who cried wolf about it, but turns out the kid really got killed by his dad or something. I think it was an insurance scheme thing.

Edit
I found the story, damn. It was his brother.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=7470379&page=1
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:07 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:I remember one guy wrote (before knowing i was a lying dumbass, of course) that it was especially tragic because I died on the way to help my grandparents and that it was something I would do because I was always so helpful. I was like what the hell is this guy taking about.

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooo

A few years later it happened again to someone else. A guy posted that he had logged into his brother's account so he could tell us that his brother had been murdered in a home invasion. Everyone was a little boy who cried wolf about it, but turns out the kid really got killed by his dad or something. I think it was an insurance scheme thing.

Edit

wait so his brother (the murderer) was the guy who logged on to say his brother got killed?
0 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:38 pm

David wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:I remember one guy wrote (before knowing i was a lying dumbass, of course) that it was especially tragic because I died on the way to help my grandparents and that it was something I would do because I was always so helpful. I was like what the hell is this guy taking about.

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooo

Edit

wait so his brother (the murderer) was the guy who logged on to say his brother got killed?

Yeah he logged onto the account and said there had been a break-in and his mom and brother had been killed and he and his dad had been wounded but survived. This was like ... 2002ish I think. We all kind of knew the brother a little bit too because he would at times log onto the account and play. You'd send a message to the guy and he'd be like "oh it's not kevin it's blake, what's up."
0 x

biittner77
Superstar

Postby biittner77 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:28 pm

David wrote:seems like the robot thing is an overused bit by mojo. we should erase it from existence.

The malfunctioning robot is the best thing ever posted here.
1 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

Post Count Padder
Superstar

Postby Post Count Padder » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:17 pm

Haaaa, I remember that. Didn't someone at the cubs.com board also post for three days in row stuff from the Winter Meetings because he was at the hotel and then later said he wasn't and made it all up and asked us to forgive him?
0 x
formerly known as PriorPower
formerly known as the guy with Huston Street in his sig

:flythew:

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:48 pm

bd811 wrote:are...are you guys all real?

I am, but im pretty much everything jersey claims to be, what imb doesn’t seem to be but nothing that sofa really is.

Which is to say im not really who i am
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:52 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:

I am, but im pretty much everything jersey claims to be, what imb doesn’t seem to be but nothing that sofa really is.

this makes me wonder what kind of horsefeathers I've claimed to be
2 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:57 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:

this makes me wonder what kind of horsefeathers I've claimed to be

Maybe he's actually gooney's evil twin?
1 x

Return to “General Baseball Discussion”