General Baseball Chit-Chat Thread

Discussion about other teams, non-cubs players, baseball history, sabr vs scouting, etc.
toonsterwu
All-Star

Re: General Baseball Chit-Chat Thread

Postby toonsterwu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:55 am

He's just so balanced and disciplined at the plate, without sacrificing his power. Now, Dave Martinez has sorta protected him - he gets a bit more rest, but that's partly because with Adam Eaton back healthy, they can afford to rest him a bit more. Still, the only odd statistic of note was that he seemed to strike out way more against righties, but that looks to be a SSS issue. Of course, Michael Taylor is probably their 4th best OF, but he might be their best defensive centerfielder, which is where the problem lies for them right now, as playing Bryce in CF isn't ideal.

Truthfully, he should be their 3rd or 4th hitter right now, with Rendon scuffling, but they probably don't want to push the kid in there.
0 x

davell
Hall of Fame

Postby davell » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:50 pm

http://thecomeback.com/freezingcoldtake ... anton.html

So, this is one of the worst takes I've ever seen. Writer advocated Reds trading Votto, Cueto, and Bailey in 2008.....

For Joe Blanton.
0 x
Additional rule: you have to have one or the other.The only exception is you have an amazing board name. davell, I'm looking at you; put up a [expletive] avatar or something if your name only sounds like somebody tried say Dave as they lapsed into a coma.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:37 pm

davell wrote:http://thecomeback.com/freezingcoldtakes/mlb/2008-local-columnist-advocated-reds-trade-votto-cueto-bailey-joe-blanton.html

So, this is one of the worst takes I've ever seen. Writer advocated Reds trading Votto, Cueto, and Bailey in 2008.....

For Joe Blanton.

My guess is he had just read that right before they took this:

0 x
► Show Spoiler

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:13 pm

Mike Trout has more games this year where he reached base 4+ times (12) than games he has gone hitless (11)
0 x

soccer10k
Hall of Fame

Postby soccer10k » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:22 am

I saw that Juan Soto homered in a suspended game yesterday that was originally started before he debuted. Does anyone know if that would affect service time at all? Like if a team held down a player just long enough that he's one day short of a full year and then a scenario like this happens, does that add an extra day of service time? I would think not but it's such a fluky instance that's not likely to occur so there might not be anything in the CBA about it.
0 x
In Theo we trust.

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:36 am

soccer10k wrote:I saw that Juan Soto homered in a suspended game yesterday that was originally started before he debuted. Does anyone know if that would affect service time at all? Like if a team held down a player just long enough that he's one day short of a full year and then a scenario like this happens, does that add an extra day of service time? I would think not but it's such a fluky instance that's not likely to occur so there might not be anything in the CBA about it.

The MLBPA would appeal the hell out of that if the team tried pulling that crap.
0 x

Garwilly
5-Time All-Star

Postby Garwilly » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:09 pm

Derwood wrote:
soccer10k wrote:I saw that Juan Soto homered in a suspended game yesterday that was originally started before he debuted. Does anyone know if that would affect service time at all? Like if a team held down a player just long enough that he's one day short of a full year and then a scenario like this happens, does that add an extra day of service time? I would think not but it's such a fluky instance that's not likely to occur so there might not be anything in the CBA about it.

The MLBPA would appeal the hell out of that if the team tried pulling that crap.

But that would be a good thing for the player...
0 x
. . .

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:13 pm

Garwilly wrote:
Derwood wrote:

But that would be a good thing for the player...

oh, ha ha ha, right. I need coffee
0 x

Return to “General Baseball Discussion”