Instructs/AFL/Offseason Prospects Thread

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Instructs/AFL/Offseason Prospects Thread

Postby TomtheBombadil » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:38 am

AZPHil wrote:D. J. Wilson clubbed a home run off Koji Uehara leading off the game...Uehara threw 1-2/3 IP (26 pitches - 17 strikes), allowing just the Wilson HR while striiking out three. Uehara was the only "live" (human) pitcher in the game, as pitching machines were used to throw the balance of the innings.

Uehara is at Instructs rehabbing from knee and back issues that have kept him out of game action for about a month.

SS Luis Vázquez (2017 IFA México) made his debut (?) and went 1-2, possibly against a pitching machine as Uehara was the only live pitcher that day. He's a 17 YO 6'2" switch hitter who supposedly/hopefully makes contact and plays defense. He was one of two ranked IFAs by MLB.com signed by the Cubs this period.

There's lots of raw youth and tools down there this year, mostly still carried by the 2015 IFAs.
1 x

davell
Hall of Fame

Re: Instructs/AFL/Offseason Prospects Thread

Postby davell » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:44 pm

Vazquez isn't an IFA. He was the Cubs 14th Round Pick this past draft.
0 x
Additional rule: you have to have one or the other.The only exception is you have an amazing board name. davell, I'm looking at you; put up a [expletive] avatar or something if your name only sounds like somebody tried say Dave as they lapsed into a coma.

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Re: Instructs/AFL/Offseason Prospects Thread

Postby TomtheBombadil » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:09 pm

Yeah I was thinking of Luis Verdugo, who did not play. :shrugs:, chalk it up to late night posting.

I AM looking forward to those two Mexican IFAs from this year. Verdugo is easily the toolsiest position player they've ever signed from Mexico and the pitcher had some pedigree and his health still.
0 x

Return to “Minor Leagues”