Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 6-24-18

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 90460
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:20 pm
Location: Pasadena, CA
x 569
x 2800

Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 6-24-18

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:58 am

Box Scores:

Iowa lost 2-0 Box Score

LF M. Zagunis 0/2, 2 BB
2B-3B D. Bote 1/4, K
1B T. Davis 1/4, K
CF J. Hannemann 0/4, K
3B-2B C. Donahue 0/2, BB, E (1, throw)
SP K. Ryan 5 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 3 K, 8-4 GO-FO, 71-50 GO-FO

Tennessee lost 9-0 Box Score

LF C. Burks 0/4, 2 K
DH J. Vosler 0/3, BB, K
C I. Rice 1/2, 2B (11), BB; defense: PB (4), 0/1 CS
RF E. Martínez 1/3
SS V. Machin 0/3
SP M. Swarmer 5 IP, 7 H, 5 ER, 2 BB, 6 K, 2 WP, 1 HR, 7-0 GO-FO, 86-49 pitches-strikes
RP J. Norwood 0.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K, 1-0 GO-FO

Myrtle Beach won game one 5-3 (7 innings) Box Score

CF DJ Wilson 1/4, R, 2B (2), RBI, BB
SS A. Ademan 1/4, K
C J. Pereda 1/3, R, BB, 2 K
3B W. Galindo 0/3, R, BB, K
DH PJ Higgins 1/3, 2B (13)
LF K. Mitchell 0/3, 2 K
2B A. Monasterio 1/2, R, BB, K
1B A. Upshaw 0/3, R
SP E. Uelmen 5.1 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 2 K, 1 WP, 1 HR, 8-3 GO-FO, 76-44 pitches-strikes - high-A debut
RP E. Leal 1.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K, 0-3 GO-FO

Myrtle Beach lost 8-0 (7 innings) Box Score

SS A. Monasterio 1/3, 2B (12), K
DH J. Pereda 1/3
3B W. Galindo 0/3, K
1B PJ Higgins 0/2, BB, 2 K
LF K. Mitchell 0/3, 2 K
2B Y. Peguero 0/1, BB
SP C. Bloomquist 3.1 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 3 BB, 4 K, 4-1 GO-FO, 62-36 pitches-strikes
RP T. Peyton 1.1 IP, 5 H, 5 ER, 2 BB, 1 K, 2-1 GO-FO
RP J. Romero 1.1 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, 1-1 GO-FO

South Bend won 10-4 Box Score

RF B. Hughes 1/5, K, CS (7)
3B A. Filiere 3/5, R, RBI, E (15, fielding)
1B J. Young 0/5, 2 K
C M. Amaya 1/3, 2 R, HR (10), RBI, 2 BB, K; defense: 1/3 CS
CF C. Singleton 2/3, R, 2 2B (15), RBI
SP E. Moreno 4 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 5 K, 5-2 GO-FO, 69-46 pitches-strikes - 2018 debut

Eugene lost 5-1 Box Score

CF F. Kelli 2/5, 2 K, 2 SB (7)
SS C. Morel 0/4, 2 K
RF J. Sierra 2/4, SB (2), outfield assist at third base
DH N. Velázquez 0/4, K
C J. Soto 0/4, 2 K, E (1, missed catch), PB (5)
3B R. Romano 0/3, R, BB, K
LF KM Kwon 1/4, K
SS L. Vázquez 1/4, K
SP B. Márquez 3.1 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 K, 4 WP, 3-1 GO-FO, 72-51 pitches-strikes
RP Y. de la Cruz 2.2 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, 3-1 GO-FO

AZL Cubs 1 had the day off

AZL Cubs 2 lost 10-2 Box Score

SS L. Verdugo 0/3, BB, SB (1)
LF A. Gaitan 2/3, R, 2B (1), BB
CF D. Wharton 1/3, BB, K
DH Hen. Perez 1/4, RBI, 3 K
3B F. Mejia 0/4, K
SP Y. Cruz 3.2 IP, 3 H, 5 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 2 K, 1 HBP, 3 WP, 8-3 GO-FO, balk
RP N. Sweeney 1.2 IP, 4 H, 3 ER< 0 BB, 1 K, 1 HBP, 1 HR, 2-2 GO-FO

DSL Cubs 1 had the day off

DSL Cubs 2 had the day off
0 x
Image

User avatar
TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5642
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 364
x 457

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 6-24-18

Postby TomtheBombadil » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:38 pm

Amaya hit his 10th HR
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 90460
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:20 pm
Location: Pasadena, CA
x 569
x 2800

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 6-24-18

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:27 pm

Erling Moreno was added to South Bend's roster before the game and got the start today. 4 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 5 K

Casey Bloomquist gets the start in game two for Myrtle Beach.
0 x
Image

Named After Maddux
Role Player
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:03 am
x 22
x 20

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 6-24-18

Postby Named After Maddux » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:16 am

At the Em’s game. Marquez has looked really solid. Lots of babip bad luck and some bad defense. Still not sure if hot gun, but consistent 96 on the fastball.
3 x

Hrubes20
Starter
Posts: 532
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:09 pm
x 9
x 53

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 6-24-18

Postby Hrubes20 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:34 am

Named After Maddux wrote:At the Em’s game. Marquez has looked really solid. Lots of babip bad luck and some bad defense. Still not sure if hot gun, but consistent 96 on the fastball.


I haven't seen any other velocity readings from the Em's games that make me scratch my head. I'm thinking Marquez may actually be that guy, which is exciting. That's terrific velocity from a LHP.
0 x

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 90460
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:20 pm
Location: Pasadena, CA
x 569
x 2800

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 6-24-18

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:45 am

Hrubes20 wrote:
Named After Maddux wrote:At the Em’s game. Marquez has looked really solid. Lots of babip bad luck and some bad defense. Still not sure if hot gun, but consistent 96 on the fastball.


I haven't seen any other velocity readings from the Em's games that make me scratch my head. I'm thinking Marquez may actually be that guy, which is exciting. That's terrific velocity from a LHP.


Agreed. That's a very exciting development.
0 x
Image

Named After Maddux
Role Player
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:03 am
x 22
x 20

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 6-24-18

Postby Named After Maddux » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:57 am

CaliforniaRaisin wrote:
Hrubes20 wrote:
Named After Maddux wrote:At the Em’s game. Marquez has looked really solid. Lots of babip bad luck and some bad defense. Still not sure if hot gun, but consistent 96 on the fastball.


I haven't seen any other velocity readings from the Em's games that make me scratch my head. I'm thinking Marquez may actually be that guy, which is exciting. That's terrific velocity from a LHP.


Agreed. That's a very exciting development.


He’s looking really good. All 96s and I saw two 97s. Curve has been the better off speed, but has snapped off a few solid changeups. Curve is 79-84.

My goodness, I heard Kelli was fast, but he had a no doubt infield hit and ran an excellent ball towards the right center gap.
0 x


Return to “Minor Leagues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests