Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-20-18

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 90193
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:20 pm
Location: Pasadena, CA
x 538
x 2672

Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-20-18

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:39 am

Box Scores:

Iowa won 10-8 Box Score

Tennessee lost 8-2 Box Score

Myrtle Beach PPD - Inclement Weather

South Bend won 7-2 Box Score

Eugene in progress Box Score

AZL Cubs 1 had the day off

AZL Cubs 2 in progress Box Score

DSL Cubs 1 lost 3-1 Box Score

DSL Cubs 2 lost 7-3 Box Score
0 x
Image

davell
Hall of Fame
Posts: 21148
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:55 pm
x 1677
x 2121

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-20-18

Postby davell » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:56 am

Our main man Brennen is back tonight.
1 x
Additional rule: you have to have one or the other.The only exception is you have an amazing board name. davell, I'm looking at you; put up a [expletive] avatar or something if your name only sounds like somebody tried say Dave as they lapsed into a coma.

User avatar
CubsWin
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6955
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:25 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA
x 160
x 387

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-20-18

Postby CubsWin » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:27 am

Ho-hum. Another 2 plate appearances for Roederer, another two times on base...
2 x
”I do sincerely hope the Cubs win a World Series. After I die.” - Jerry Reinsdorf, January, 2015. Sorry you had to witness that, Jer...

craig
All-Star
Posts: 4165
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:52 pm
x 43

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-20-18

Postby craig » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:55 am

davell wrote:Our main man Brennen is back tonight.


Nice
0 x

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 21050
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 4449
x 3720

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-20-18

Postby Cubswin11 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:13 am

CubsWin wrote:Ho-hum. Another 2 plate appearances for Roederer, another two times on base...

This guy horsefeathers
0 x
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
CubsWin
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6955
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:25 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA
x 160
x 387

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-20-18

Postby CubsWin » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:34 am

Cubswin11 wrote:
CubsWin wrote:Ho-hum. Another 2 plate appearances for Roederer, another two times on base...

This guy horsefeathers

Roederer has gotten on base in all 11 games of his pro career leading to a current OBP of exactly .500. Of those 11 games, 5 have been multi-hit affairs with a pattern of one every other game during his current 9 game hitting streak.

.395/.500/.698 with more walks (9) than strikeouts (7).

This has to stop at some point. I mean, I guess. But I really hope it doesn't...
1 x
”I do sincerely hope the Cubs win a World Series. After I die.” - Jerry Reinsdorf, January, 2015. Sorry you had to witness that, Jer...

craig
All-Star
Posts: 4165
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:52 pm
x 43

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-20-18

Postby craig » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:40 pm

davell wrote:Our main man Brennen is back tonight.


Davis got taken out around the 7th inning.
0 x

User avatar
CubsWin
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6955
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:25 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA
x 160
x 387

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-20-18

Postby CubsWin » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:50 pm

craig wrote:
davell wrote:Our main man Brennen is back tonight.


Davis got taken out around the 7th inning.

He was DHing and was pinch hit for in the bottom of the 7th. Might've been planned that Davis not play the full game to ease him back in. His last at bat was in the 5th. He walked and was forced at 2nd base. Might have aggravated something. We'll just have to wait and see when he plays next.
0 x
”I do sincerely hope the Cubs win a World Series. After I die.” - Jerry Reinsdorf, January, 2015. Sorry you had to witness that, Jer...

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 21050
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 4449
x 3720

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-20-18

Postby Cubswin11 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:05 pm

CubsWin wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:
CubsWin wrote:Ho-hum. Another 2 plate appearances for Roederer, another two times on base...

This guy horsefeathers

Roederer has gotten on base in all 11 games of his pro career leading to a current OBP of exactly .500. Of those 11 games, 5 have been multi-hit affairs with a pattern of one every other game during his current 9 game hitting streak.

.395/.500/.698 with more walks (9) than strikeouts (7).

This has to stop at some point. I mean, I guess. But I really hope it doesn't...

Nah we drafted the next Trout
0 x
Screw Pitchers

Hrubes20
Starter
Posts: 490
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:09 pm
x 8
x 48

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-20-18

Postby Hrubes20 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:16 pm

CubsWin wrote:
craig wrote:
davell wrote:Our main man Brennen is back tonight.


Davis got taken out around the 7th inning.

He was DHing and was pinch hit for in the bottom of the 7th. Might've been planned that Davis not play the full game to ease him back in. His last at bat was in the 5th. He walked and was forced at 2nd base. Might have aggravated something. We'll just have to wait and see when he plays next.


My first thought was that they were just easing him back. But a play at 2B was what caused him to miss a bunch of time in the first place.
0 x

Hrubes20
Starter
Posts: 490
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:09 pm
x 8
x 48

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-20-18

Postby Hrubes20 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:18 pm

CubsWin wrote:Ho-hum. Another 2 plate appearances for Roederer, another two times on base...


Pfft. 3 for 4 with a BB. But they were all singles. Bum couldn’t even get an XBH.
0 x

User avatar
CubsWin
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6955
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:25 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA
x 160
x 387

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-20-18

Postby CubsWin » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:05 am

Hrubes20 wrote:
CubsWin wrote:Ho-hum. Another 2 plate appearances for Roederer, another two times on base...


Pfft. 3 for 4 with a BB. But they were all singles. Bum couldn’t even get an XBH.

I know, right? He had extra base hits 4 games in a row coming into that game (3 HRs, 2 doubles), why couldn't he have just made it 5? Dude's 18 and already a lollygagger.
0 x
”I do sincerely hope the Cubs win a World Series. After I die.” - Jerry Reinsdorf, January, 2015. Sorry you had to witness that, Jer...


Return to “Minor Leagues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ddwyer and 6 guests