Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-30-19

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 91163
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:20 pm
Location: Pasadena, CA
x 609
x 3050

Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-30-19

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:21 am

Box Scores:

Iowa in progress Box Score

Tennessee lost 6-5 Box Score

Myrtle Beach lost 3-1 Box Score

South Bend won 4-1 Box Score

Eugene won 2-0 Box Score

AZL Cubs 1 PPD - Rain

AZL Cubs 2 lost 2-1 Box Score

DSL Cubs 1 lost 8-5 Box Score

DSL Cubs 2 won 4-3 Box Score
0 x
Image

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8009
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 666
x 742

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-30-19

Postby TomtheBombadil » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:40 pm

Jose Lopez is having one odd season in the DSL. 59 of his 115 PAs have ended with no ball in play, either a walk or a K. His K rate is well over league average, he's hitting .210, but he has a .26 GO/AO and has flashed a dynamic power/speed combo. He probably sucks and Pinaaaangoooooo is the dude, but at least Lopez has been odd rather than terrible
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image


"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

Hrubes20
Starter
Posts: 714
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:09 pm
x 16
x 80

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-30-19

Postby Hrubes20 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:46 pm

TomtheBombadil wrote:Jose Lopez is having one odd season in the DSL. 59 of his 115 PAs have ended with no ball in play, either a walk or a K. His K rate is well over league average, he's hitting .210, but he has a .26 GO/AO and has flashed a dynamic power/speed combo. He probably sucks and Pinaaaangoooooo is the dude, but at least Lopez has been odd rather than terrible


A 27.3% BB rate is absurd, regardless of the quality of the competition. He'll be a fun one to follow stateside next summer for sure.
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8009
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 666
x 742

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-30-19

Postby TomtheBombadil » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:03 pm

Hrubes20 wrote:
TomtheBombadil wrote:Jose Lopez is having one odd season in the DSL. 59 of his 115 PAs have ended with no ball in play, either a walk or a K. His K rate is well over league average, he's hitting .210, but he has a .26 GO/AO and has flashed a dynamic power/speed combo. He probably sucks and Pinaaaangoooooo is the dude, but at least Lopez has been odd rather than terrible


A 27.3% BB rate is absurd, regardless of the quality of the competition. He'll be a fun one to follow stateside next summer for sure.


Yeah I wonder if he skips the AZL altogether, would like to see at least one of he or Pinango get that call. Lopez has done alot of good with more to play and was the Cubs' next highest ranked IFA in 2018 after Gallardo IIRC

----

Lange v Santillan should make for a good AA pitching matchup
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image


"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8009
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 666
x 742

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-30-19

Postby TomtheBombadil » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:26 pm



#7 for Davis
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image


"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

Bertz
All-Star
Posts: 1612
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:59 pm
x 639
x 861

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-30-19

Postby Bertz » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:47 am

I understand that midseason lists have a lot more inertia tied to them than offseason ones, but Davis is a top 100 prospect at this point and to say otherwise is laughable.

Also, Jack Patterson turning into a thing is fun. I'd assume ultimately a reliever but still can't complain about essentially found money.
0 x

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 3956
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 612

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-30-19

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:51 am

Patterson is having a hell of a night

39 pitches, 35 for strikes, 9 Ks and 1 walk.

That's insane. I have honestly never seen that at any level
0 x

Hrubes20
Starter
Posts: 714
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:09 pm
x 16
x 80

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-30-19

Postby Hrubes20 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:03 am

We Got The Whole 9 wrote:Patterson is having a hell of a night

39 pitches, 35 for strikes, 9 Ks and 1 walk.

That's insane. I have honestly never seen that at any level


99% sure it’s box score magic. Opposing starter supposedly threw 36 pitches in 5 innings with 2 walks, 4 hits, and 5 Ks.
0 x

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 3956
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 612

Re: RE: Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-30-19

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:15 am

Hrubes20 wrote:
We Got The Whole 9 wrote:Patterson is having a hell of a night

39 pitches, 35 for strikes, 9 Ks and 1 walk.

That's insane. I have honestly never seen that at any level


99% sure it’s box score magic. Opposing starter supposedly threw 36 pitches in 5 innings with 2 walks, 4 hits, and 5 Ks.
Ah I probably should've checked that
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8009
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 666
x 742

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-30-19

Postby TomtheBombadil » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:20 am

Ryan Jensen hit 102 on the stadium gun. If the difference is the same as last time then it was still 99
1 x
Spoiler: show
Image


"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

Jaxbro
Starter
Posts: 764
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:49 pm
x 37
x 123

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-30-19

Postby Jaxbro » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:49 am

Tyson Miller hating the pitching life early on once again
0 x

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 91163
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:20 pm
Location: Pasadena, CA
x 609
x 3050

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-30-19

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:24 am

DJ Herz threw a scoreless inning.
1 x
Image

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 91163
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:20 pm
Location: Pasadena, CA
x 609
x 3050

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-30-19

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:27 am

We Got The Whole 9 wrote:Patterson is having a hell of a night

39 pitches, 35 for strikes, 9 Ks and 1 walk.

That's insane. I have honestly never seen that at any level


Patterson ended up not giving up an earned run in July.
0 x
Image

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 3956
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 612

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 7-30-19

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:41 am

Dixon homered again and now has a 921 OPS with an excellent BBK. I know his MLB career has been awful but i kind of separate this year into a class of it's own and I wouldnt be surprised if he carried a substantially higher ISO upon a promotion. I think hes earned a look. Garcia has options and Machado doesnt. Make the switch.
0 x


Return to “Minor Leagues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests