Minor League Musings

Bertz
All-Star

Re: Minor League Musings

Postby Bertz » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:44 am

Woah, did not realize Emily Waldon started writing for BA. Glad that she's going to be writing about more than just Tigers prospects now.
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:18 pm

BA's not doing a DSL top 20? I could have sworn they did every year...Guess I'll have to wait on their book for anything on Pinango, who made their updated 30 this summer IIRC. I want to know more about Morel's brother Rafael too, seems like a more polished/skilled hitter than Christopher at the same stage and hopefully is similarly slick and fun to watch...BA seemed like the most likely of the pubs to say anything on either since they had Pinango as a guy to watch in the league during preseason
0 x
Spoiler: show

"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

Hrubes20
Starter

Postby Hrubes20 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:15 pm

TomtheBombadil wrote:Ewww...I'd complain more about a pre-injured college pitcher (McLanahan) or Freeman but it's A ball. I honestly thought Davis would be higher. The guys I'd put over him are Franco, Edwards, Thomas, Gorman, Benson maybe, probably Liberatore and Baz...So as low as 8th as high as 4th

Maybe it's my hatred of the horsefeathers that is clouding my judgement, but I'm just not as high on Gorman as most. That swing and miss in his game is ugly; light tower power or not.
0 x

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:32 pm

1 x

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:07 pm

TomtheBombadil wrote:BA's not doing a DSL top 20? I could have sworn they did every year...Guess I'll have to wait on their book for anything on Pinango, who made their updated 30 this summer IIRC. I want to know more about Morel's brother Rafael too, seems like a more polished/skilled hitter than Christopher at the same stage and hopefully is similarly slick and fun to watch...BA seemed like the most likely of the pubs to say anything on either since they had Pinango as a guy to watch in the league during preseason

They release their DSL Top 20 in spring of the following year.
0 x

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:08 pm

Hrubes20 wrote:
TomtheBombadil wrote:Ewww...I'd complain more about a pre-injured college pitcher (McLanahan) or Freeman but it's A ball. I honestly thought Davis would be higher. The guys I'd put over him are Franco, Edwards, Thomas, Gorman, Benson maybe, probably Liberatore and Baz...So as low as 8th as high as 4th

Maybe it's my hatred of the horsefeathers that is clouding my judgement, but I'm just not as high on Gorman as most. That swing and miss in his game is ugly; light tower power or not.

Same. I am not at all high on Gorman for the same reason.

They have a really good one in Dylan Carlson, sadly.
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:30 pm

CaliforniaRaisin wrote:They release their DSL Top 20 in spring of the following year.

Thanks CR, woulda been nice to get whatever pittance there is on Pinango and Morel at this stage if either were to even crack the list. Hopefully one or more is in the NWL or higher next year
0 x

"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:35 am

Odds that Ryan Jenson winds up starting? Bonus, if he’s a reliever do you seem him closing?

Kiley McDaniel: 55%, more setup type since secondary lags a bit

Best case scenario (95%+) for Brennen Davis = Andrew McCutchen?

Kiley McDaniel: Sure, he may be that good 1 out of 20 times
0 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:38 am

TomtheBombadil wrote:
Best case scenario (95%+) for Brennen Davis = Andrew McCutchen?

Kiley McDaniel: Sure, he may be that good 1 out of 20 times

That’s because 10-15 of the 20 times he’s gonna be Mookie
0 x
Screw Pitchers

Bertz
All-Star

Postby Bertz » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:35 pm

A lot of big ideas in here, most of them good IMO

0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:08 pm

Really glad the Cubs got Richard Gallardo over this guy:

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?si ... g/2019/ALL

BA's the only pub that had Osiel Rodriguez over Richard Gallardo IIRC but that's a pretty garbage debut from probably the most hyped IFA pitcher last summer. By comparison - Gallardo's only a couple months older, debuted stateside instead of the DSL and then got promoted to end the year off of a very strong run in a high offense AZL (including a 15/3 K:BB and 2.55 ERA in his final 17.2/6 outings), has a better third pitch, more advanced mechanics and command...Little things like this choice and all the success of the 2015 IFA class that has come and is coming keep me pretty confident that the FO is still badass at sussing out talent. It's still irritating that they took so few big ticket risks at the ML level during this first window, but water under the bridge at this point. Obviously Rodriguez isn't toast, it's only his first year and he doesn't turn 18 until next month, but already seems like Gallardo is a much much much better long term SP prospect

Edit: Thought Rodriguez got a higher bonus, but he signed for 600K to Gallardo's $1 million

Second edit: STILL! This guy wasn't doing anything while Gallardo ended his season painting 93 on the outside corner, for a whiff, to end a 3-2 count in a non-rookie league:

0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:32 am

Interesting comments from Bobby Basham in MiLB.com's end of season roundup on a couple less heralded guys who have a shot to be 2020 MiL depth for the ML club:

Cory Abbott:

"High spin-rate guy. Two above-average breaking pitches. I think he just dug in with our staff and our analytics guys to understand how that played together," Basham said. "It's all about tunneling and the locations where his pitches played best. I think he got comfortable with his approach and started to go out there and dominate guys. He led the Southern League in strikeouts from the start of the year to the finish. He was just really good. We're excited about his next year and the possibility of him being a potential depth piece as a starter for our big league club next year."

ProspectsLive noted that Abbott rode his cutter and three average-ish pitches during his dominant end of season run...Nice to see Abbott getting some recognition in general, really impressive what he's done in his two pro seasons. Loyola Marymount's been building a pretty good reputation for developing pitchers without abusing them, Nick Frasso is one of the best and more exciting college arms in the 2020 draft, and Abbott could help put them on the map at the ML level

Vimael Machin:

"Vimael was coming off good Winter Ball, and man, just made himself into a tough out," Basham said. "Being able to put the barrel on the ball and put it in play with some authority, spread it out, be versatile -- I think he ended up with the 10th-highest OPS in the Southern League. Just a really good story for this guy to put himself on the map as a prospect and potentially help our big league club in the future."

Notable that he walked 69 times to 62 Ks in 529 PAs, including a 6/5 BB:K in 3something AAA PAs (.320/.452/.560) to close the year. Maybe also notable that he's a LHH given the ML team's RHH dominant IF and want for depth.

https://www.milb.com/milb/news/brennen- ... _311231058

They also mention Davis is 6'5" now, but otherwise we get the usual stuff on him, Marquez, and Hoerner's makeup. I have my questions with Hoerner but would eat a couple chocolate dipped cannoli to have his confidence (I assume that's how it works?).
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:58 pm

Hm, apparently Ademan made some swing changes in 2019:

"My mentality has changed a lot after 2018; make good contact. I decided to listen to the coaches and do any work they need," Ademan said. "I do it with passion without paying attention to the result.

"I can say I'm a much better player than 2018. I understand, I recognize I have to focus on my physical routine. I have to work every day. It's not luck. ... My mentality and working with the coaches is making things happen."

"I knew [Fisher] was going to throw the same pitch," said Ademan, who was temporarily inactive due to the birth of his son, Abdiel. "The scouting report said fastball. I just wanted to put the ball in the air because we had a man on third base. ... I was sitting, waiting to attack it with everything I could."

The fourth-year pro also said a swing adjustment is paying dividends. "I'm not a home run hitter. I had to lower my swing a bit. When I look for strength, I squeeze my wrists. Now, I let my hands come out solid with force in my waist."

This is from April...He had an outstanding first half (.269/.376/.379 in 215 PAs including .289/.400/.407 over the final 200 of those, before falling off in the second)...I wasn't aware of any swing changes but the HR swing within the link does look more gooder than previous iterations I guess:

https://www.milb.com/carolina-league/ne ... -306675206
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:13 pm

Some random postseason Cubs prospects hot takes:

- The Cubs spent nearly $4 million on two bat first, LHH teenaged catchers in Ethan Hearn and Ronnier Quintero. Both were pretty highly regarded as amateurs, one generally considered the top HS catcher available in this draft and the other's bat and bonus ($3 million) getting tiered just slightly below big names in that world like Gary Sanchez ($3) or Daniel Flores (RIP, $3.1). The earlier of those signings is close to or exactly a decade, prices have probably gone down rather than up because the owners are just that good buy the iPhone 11.

Hearn seems like a much more traditional C prospect and is already praised for his defense, leadership, and power potential. Barring leaps with his bat from the debut, entirely possible sure, he will be taking a while through the minors. He's 20 next year but as a C with real defensive and offensive potential, LHH to boot, I'm not expecting him in the upper minors until 2022.

Quintero's write-ups and bonus, no one is throwing $3 million at any random LHH 16 YO C, suggest the bat may lead to some interesting future discussions. There's a lot of similarities to Sanchez as an amateur prospect from the build and bonus to the arm/power/bat/questions on overall C defense, and unlike Sanchez is entering an org where he isn't the heir apparent at the position at 16. If the bat and defense plays out similar to Sanchez, who hit his way out of Rk ball at 17, reached full season at 18, and AA by 20, it will be interesting to see where the Cubs go defensively in the upper minors. Going back to pre-injury Schwarber we saw some interest in running a 3 catcher roster for a 162 game schedule with one guy playing somewhere else outside of the occasional emergency start so I doubt Quintero is leaving the position anytime soon, but he might be a guy they get to try some things with defensively if the bat plays as hoped

Obviously at this stage Quintero is a very high risk prospect, but one of the benefits of being bat first is that he can lower a lot of that pretty early on if he comes in hot. A potential first division middle of the order LHH that doesn't need to be platooned outside of rest is a big get, and I'm thinking that more than playing catcher is how he got that bonus. Ideally Quintero debuts in the AZL during 2020 at 17. There's probably going to be K's as a 17 YO teenaged C who also hits LH in a league that ran like a 25% K rate as a whole for a lot of the season, but if he still manages to hit for power and average with some approach he should have pretty high status and be in the conversation for highest ceiling Cubs prospect. Most ideally even all that gets lost in the shuffle of a monster year at the levels above the short seasons.

- I think my favorite things about Christopher Morel is that he's not half bad and his brother may be a better all around player. I wax poetic on Pinango's season but Rafael Morel was really good in the DSL (127 wRC+, 14% K rate, took some walks, hit with power including some HRs) showing a much wider potential offensive skillset than his brother. It maybe says something that the Cubs keep getting potentially quality prospects out of that academy in the DR without sending over their tippy top highest ranked IFAs at signing (Torres, Jimenez, Gallardo, probably Quintero).

- The Cubs have been crushing it in the IFA world in recent years, coming soon, but one bonus baby that did not hit the ground running was Jose Lopez CF. He missed the AZL cut, got hurt, opted for a no contact version of offense in the DSL, came in below average on IsoSLG in the DSL...Obviously he will get his chances to develop his upside potential all the way to it's max ceiling and the DSL is not a kiss of death, but I had higher hopes. I was hoping for a LHH Victor Robles-y type, woof, thought he'd easily be the best 2018 IFA hitter but both Morel and Pinango way outdid him

- Fabian Pertuz didn't have a bad year, but his AZL line is pretty empty. I wouldn't be surprised if he struck out a ton next year in the NWL but showed more power, looking closer to an IF Nelson Velazquez or IFA Strumpf than either of his two pro season lines might make it seem
2 x

Bertz
All-Star

Postby Bertz » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:58 pm

I'm really excited by the catching pipeline as well. I tend to view catchers through a lens very similar to TINSTAAP, so volume is key. Between Amaya, Pereda, and those two guys at the lower levels hopefully we've got depth at the position for a while, even if we end up dealing Willson somewhere.
0 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:04 pm

Bertz wrote:I'm really excited by the catching pipeline as well. I tend to view catchers through a lens very similar to TINSTAAP, so volume is key. Between Amaya, Pereda, and those two guys at the lower levels hopefully we've got depth at the position for a while, even if we end up dealing Willson somewhere.

Yeah catchers are probably the next most volatile prospect class next to pitchers but it also seems like we do an above average job of developing them and it’s exciting we seem to have a strong pipeline with a good development track record.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:28 pm

Bertz wrote:I'm really excited by the catching pipeline as well. I tend to view catchers through a lens very similar to TINSTAAP, so volume is key. Between Amaya, Pereda, and those two guys at the lower levels hopefully we've got depth at the position for a while, even if we end up dealing Willson somewhere.

Will be interesting to see if the Cubs add Pereda to the 40-man. I'd do it at the expense of Taylor Davis.
2 x

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:08 pm

Well, that’s interesting

0 x

Bertz
All-Star

Postby Bertz » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:47 pm

CaliforniaRaisin wrote:

Will be interesting to see if the Cubs add Pereda to the 40-man. I'd do it at the expense of Taylor Davis.

If that whole "best defensive C in the minors" thing is even close to true they've got to. There's plenty of space on the 40 man.

https://www.thecubreporter.com/10062019 ... ies-roster

Speaking of the 40 man, AZ Phil has us at 33 spots on the 40 man filled heading into the offseason (he technically said 32, but he also wrongly thinks we're going to decline Q's option). Russell's a safe bet to go, and I also count 5 guys who are out of MiLB options and questionable to make the opening day roster: Mills, Underwood, Hultzen, Kemp, and Webster. I'd assume two or three of those guys don't make it to ST, that effectively leaves us at an even 30.

That should give us ~7 spots we can use to protect guys for the Rule 5. Amaya, Rea, and Tyson Miller seem like locks IMO. Then probably Pereda and Higgins, and two out of Mekkes/Minch/Swarmer?
1 x

Hrubes20
Starter

Postby Hrubes20 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:44 pm

TomtheBombadil wrote:

- The Cubs have been crushing it in the IFA world in recent years, coming soon, but one bonus baby that did not hit the ground running was Jose Lopez CF. He missed the AZL cut, got hurt, opted for a no contact version of offense in the DSL, came in below average on IsoSLG in the DSL...Obviously he will get his chances to develop his upside potential all the way to it's max ceiling and the DSL is not a kiss of death, but I had higher hopes. I was hoping for a LHH Victor Robles-y type, woof, thought he'd easily be the best 2018 IFA hitter but both Morel and Pinango way outdid him

He was a disappointment for me as well. Never great when a high profile IFA signing doesn't hit well in the DSL.
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:31 pm

Decided to do my own tools and/or skills rankings for this system...Hitters first since this turned out longer than I thought:

Best Plate Discipline:

Amaya - Basically was the Yasmani Grandal of High A during 2019, I think he has a a shot at similar offensive and overall upside potential still developing
Ademan - Flashed a leadoff hitter's game in the first half, could be that guy in AA next year, scouts love his approach
Vimael Machin - LHH MIF walked more than he K'd in 2019 with a full workload at AA, has a 215/258 BB:K in his MiL career, reached AAA, could be playable MiL depth for the ML club in 2020,
Jhonny Pereda - Had 49/55 BB:K over 398 AA PAs during 2019
Bryce Windham - Had a 46:13(!!!!) BB/K at ODU during his senior season, posted a 30/19 BB:K in the AZL after that

Brennen Davis just missed due but he came out with some amazing plate discipline early on, that was fun. He started to fatigue even before the hand stuff IIRC with some Ks. Andy Weber's an HM too and Jake Slaughter's not terrible, Rafael Morel and Pinango did a good job in the DSL

Best Raw Power (55+ I guess):

Brennen Davis
Ronnier Quintero
Miguel Amaya

Woof at the depth...None of these guys have played above A ball, one hasn't even taken a game PA yet. The system the way it is Ademan's sneaky high in a situation where I don't arbitrarily set 55+, and I'm not against a 55 potential for him probably would lean towards 50 for now. I like Cole Roederer's IsoSLG in the MWL and maybe he should be on here. Raw power may be lacking but I'm not pessimistic about the power of guys in the lower minors. The Cubs seem to focus more on technique than just raw power though it would be nice to draft a guy or two next year (UK mentioned Blaze Jordan)

Best Present/Game Power (40+):

Trent Giambrone
Nico Hoerner
Brennen Davis
Miguel Amaya
Aramis Ademan

Giambrone's quietly put up 40 HRs between AA and AAA over the past two seasons, decent enough approach and flexibility too. Doing these rankings has not done a whole lot to change my probably irritating stance/s on Hoerner, who had an above average IsoSLG for the Smokies in limited reps but not the SL as a whole before underwhelming ML power numbers. OTOH he was playing SS in AA at 22, putting the ball in the air, and power typically peaks at 24-25 so there's room for pretty rapid growth similar to Giambrone's. I give the 2019 edge to Giambrone due to approach. Brennen Davis showed all fields power this year, awesome, taking at least a couple of his HRs to CF and opposite field handily. Amaya's got some of that too. Ademan's power is still mostly pull but much less so than 2017 when he was hot stuff all shiny and new, his oppo power is more gap right now. Pedro Martinez deserves an HM, could/should be SB's next 19 YO breakout bat

Best Athletes (no order after 1):

Brennen Davis
Christopher Morel - Presumably his brother too? :dontknow:
Aramis Ademan
Luis Vazquez
Brayan Altuve

A couple or maybe three players with basketball in the blood. Altuve's highest value position is catcher, especially as a prospect with no pro bat reps under his belt, but might have been signed as a 2B (ha) or maybe a smaller 3B if he trained with someone wild

Best Defense

Aramis Ademan
Miguel Amaya
Luis Vazquez
Luis Verdugo
Christopher Morel

OF defense sucks but there's talent below AA maybe. It's easier to see why I am currently drinking the Ademan Kool-Aid after doing these rankings: he hit performance checkpoints this season and is one of the most physically talented and skilled players in the system. Defense could be his path to the MLs - I loved how they brought Baez along early in his career. That said, like Baez, I'm more high on prospect Ademan's IF defense in general than specifically at SS but everyone seems plenty fine with him as a SS through the A balls. The MiL catcher defense in general is a strength and probably part of why we saw them gamble on three bat first teens at the position last summer, too lazy to name specific catchers but the guy with SB was pretty good (Mastobruoni?). I could see my dumbass comping Luis Vazquez or Verdugo to Nick Ahmed as soon as next year depending. Strongest arm would go to Christopher Morel

Best Baserunning

Trent Giambrone
Zack Short
Aramis Ademan
Cole Roederer
Andy Weber

Lots of players could be on this list....Davis, Morel, Morel, Zinn...Fernando Kelli's still the fastest guy in the system probably...Roederer's closer to Hannemann than Benintendi right now, but he's got more defensive and base running tools still than I thought so that's good. Probably smart of the Cubs to let him handle CF in SB all year even with Davis on the roster

Pretty sure I'm happy with this, the pitchers might be a little more fun to do than they have been in recent years
0 x

Bertz
All-Star

Postby Bertz » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:22 pm

This is great, and Bryan Smith is awesome.
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:10 pm

Pitchers turned out not fun to do at all but I did something:

Best fastball (velocity): Marquez - The obvious headliner but velocity is way less scarce in this system than when he entered. The Cubs went heavy on velocity in the 2019 draft and grabbed a couple guys with starter potential in Jensen and McAvene. The 18 YO top IFA pitcher finished his season 92-94 with some 95s and relatively lots of 93s in Eugene, got stronger as the year went on

Best fastball (velocity and command): Jensen or McAvene - Dakota Mekkes and Michael Rucker deserve some love for fastball command, Mekkes lacks the velocity and both are straight up relievers so the starters win out. Big HM to Richard Gallardo again, as this might be his primary long term skill through hopefully far from his only one

Best cutter/slider: Corey Abbott - Ethan Roberts love can go here but Abbott's rode his through back to back seasons that took him through AA pretty quickly for a non-elite prospect. You'll find this pitch most featured among reliever and lower ceiling SP prospects in this system...I like Carlos Ocampo's potential here

Best changeup: Jose Albertos - Easy to forget Albetos is only 21 next season with some of the best looking secondary pitches in the system including one of the better looking curveballs. Changeup's an emerging pitch in this system with Underwood showing his some in the MLs this year and Gallardo, Jensen, and McAvene the loudest among others that seem really comfortable with the pitch. Ht to my favorite sleeper until he's not, Faustino Carrera, who is either going to have another barely noted fun year in 2020 or be my most humiliating A ball pitcher miss since Ryan Kellogg. Kohl Franklin showed a lot of aptitude for this pitch

Best curveball: Hmmmmm...Hmmmmmmmm....Also an emerging pitch in the system....long term it's Gallardo so I guess I'll go with him....More on future potential but he already knows how to change speeds and sequence with the pitch while also getting great shape and movement. Cam Sanders showed similar aptitude this year but I think Gallardo's works better off the fastball. Abbott could be there otherwise. Riley Thompson, Peyton Remy, and Carrera with SB have curveballs with some potential...Albertos' got better in 2019 before the possibly career destroying broken pinky. Can't emphasize enough how much less fun this is than the hitters...EDIT: OH duh, I forgot Lawlor

Best command: Corey Abbott - Abbott's really looking like a template for the more likable non-elite or power Cubs pitching prospects of The Future. He moved fast, threw a lot of innings, did really well, has command and control of multiple ML caliber off speeds, hopefully/maybe/probably enough fastball to survive in the MLs, solid ML dims (6'2" 230 or so to start), repeats his delivery, sequences well...Like it's not crazy to think or hope Gallardo could be all that but everything ticked up. Gallardo's like Ademan in that, the system the way it is, he sneaks his way high up most rankings past the first guy and it's not crazy to throw him as the top guy in a lot of categories...Ethan Roberts' and Dakota Mekkes' games rely on their command and neither outright sucks...

Best athlete: Davidjohn Herz - Three sport kyid in HS with a strong but still rangy and projectable frame. There's a lot of potential for a power LHP in Herz regardless of role. Yet another spot that Gallardo competes strongly in. Abbott's not blowing up a combine but this is pro athletics and part of being a good pro athlete is conditioning, stamina/endurance and durability, and body control/strength/awareness - skills he has. Faustino Carrera's athleticism, played CF in international competition as an amateur, is probably a big part of why he's baseball alive today rather than went the way of [url=http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=t553&player_id=622728#/career/R/pitching/2015/ALLCarlos A. Rodriguez[/url] in the AZL...Jensen's twitchy, flexible, strong, and held up all year...

Highest ceiling:Gallardo - Duh BUT I think at this stage of his career Ryan Jensen is neck and neck with McAvene just behind. 2020 for the former two is basically going to be Lisa on Ice with me as Homer demanding one surpass the other for all my love

One thing I noticed is that the Cubs seem to be taking the Yankees' route of projecting and developing velocity rather than outright buying present velocity all the time (logic should be simple - those guys break). If anything they seem to really value young guys who show an aptitude or potential to spin the ball with Abbott and Gallardo leading that charge. Even past Gallardo you've got guys like Benjamin Rodriguez, Carlos Ocampo, Jose Albertos, Joel Machado, Franklin, Estrada, Y. Cruz...Behind Abbott there's guys like Ethan Roberts, Cam Sanders (who made alot of gains with the Cubs), Riley Thompson, Peyton Remy, Javier Assad....
Last edited by TomtheBombadil on Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:20 pm

Bertz wrote:https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/statuses/1192136805648347136

Fun...I think Jensen opens in MB next year and their rotation looks like:

Jensen
Marquez
Thompson
Carrera
Sanders

to open the year with Little as the piggyback guy to Thompson and/or Sanders hopefully not for long. McAvene's a good WC too, he's probably good enough to skip SB too but yeah I'd lean towards him opening the year in SB. Albertos at MB makes sense to me. Jake Slaughter should get an A ball job over Byrd...Wouldn't be surprised to see Ocampo in SB...

SB rotation something like:

McAvene
Franklin
Clarke/Nahas
Ocampo
Cruz

That AAA pitching staff looks useful
0 x

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:51 pm

TomtheBombadil wrote:
Bertz wrote:https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/statuses/1192136805648347136

Fun...I think Jensen opens in MB next year and their rotation looks like:

Jensen
Marquez
Thompson
Carrera
Sanders

to open the year with Little as the piggyback guy to Thompson and/or Sanders hopefully not for long. McAvene's a good WC too, he's probably good enough to skip SB too but yeah I'd lean towards him opening the year in SB. Albertos at MB makes sense to me. Jake Slaughter should get an A ball job over Byrd...Wouldn't be surprised to see Ocampo in SB...

SB rotation something like:

McAvene
Franklin
Clarke/Nahas
Ocampo
Cruz

That AAA pitching staff looks useful

Yeah, this is great.

I think Marquez (Tennessee vs MB) and Jensen (MB vs SB) will be the most interesting decisions next spring, unless someone surprises.
0 x

Return to “Minor Leagues”