Minor League Musings place holder.

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Re: Minor League Musings place holder.

Postby David » Thu May 17, 2018 12:56 am

UK wrote:
Tim wrote:Heyward

Corey Patterson missed this conversion by one year.

i wonder if corey patterson turns out any differently with 2018 cubs level minor league player development vs the disaster that the organization was 20 years ago, which was still a relative disaster compared to the rest of the league
0 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

Cubswin11
Superstar

Postby Cubswin11 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:59 am

David wrote:
UK wrote:
Tim wrote:Heyward

i wonder if corey patterson turns out any differently with 2018 cubs level minor league player development vs the disaster that the organization was 20 years ago, which was still a relative disaster compared to the rest of the league

Definitely and to a lesser degree even Vitters (if the hand eye coordination stuff was true).
0 x
Screw Pitchers

Regular Show
Starter

Postby Regular Show » Thu May 17, 2018 5:20 am

Cubswin11 wrote:
David wrote:
UK wrote:

Definitely and to a lesser degree even Vitters (if the hand eye coordination stuff was true).

I think Vitters busts no matter what. This Cubs FO had the chance to work with him and see if they could unlock some hidden potential. I mean Vitters is struggling in Independent League baseball so I think his skills eroded and that no one could fix him/properly develop him.

I think if Theo and Jed were here for the 2007 MLB draft I have zero doubt in my mind we avoid Vitters and take Matt Wieters.
0 x

Return to “Minor Leagues”