Minor League Musings place holder.

toonsterwu
All-Star

Re: Minor League Musings place holder.

Postby toonsterwu » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:11 pm

I was driving today, and for some reason, I kept thinking ... I wonder if Carlos Penalver could make a good option to transition to pitching. There's arm strength and athleticism to work with. Just don't see the bat developing enough that his defensive ability can carry him forward.
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:27 am

I'm bored...Here's some Cubs prospects under 20 we will (hopefully) be hearing about more often. I'm not going to list every teenager in the system here, anyone can do that, but rather guys I think are possibly a cut above and represent the best long term talent in the system under 20:

Gleyber Torres SS (19, 20 in December) - Lol, he will spend all year in High A at 19. Already arguably the top prospect in the system.

DJ/Daryl Wilson CF/LF (19, 20 in October) - Fastest player in the system right off the bat. Small, but compact, athletic, and potentially powerful frame that could offer a surprising power/speed combo. Maybe my bias for that program under Corbin, but Vanderbilt recruit suggests a strong, aggresive, intelligent, and coach able makeup that will translate in pro ball. Might end up in LF, but has the speed for CF and will begin his career there.

Miguel Amaya C (17 all year) - Million dollar bonus baby last summer, top rated 7/2 catching prospect, has represented Panama five times in international completion, and highly praised for his receiving skills and leadership at extremely young ages. Even if he never becomes a top ML prospect, I think he represents the first step in a shift towards stronger defensive Cs in the Cubs system. Having such a strong defensive base should give him the time and opportunity he will undoubtedly need to develop his pro offense. His mom is a MILF.

Kwan-Min Kwon OF (18, 19 in December) - Signed for $1.2 million as a Korean HSer, he also offers some power/speed potential. Said to be a potential 1B prospect in the long run, but that might be because he's a big kid already more so than a lack of tools for the OF. Already 6'2 and pushing 200 pounds, perhaps unusually large size for a teenaged prospect from Korea, at 18 there's plenty of time to mold that frame and trim some perfectly healthy, normal baby fat. Like almost everyone you will see mentioned here - praised for his makeup, work ethic, intelligence, confidence, and unusual focus at a young age. I get the feeling the Cubs are more high on this kid than the press might indicate.

Jonathan Estiwal RF (17) - Doesnt have the speed of Kwon or Wilson, but is constantly praised for a 6'3" frame and swing. MLB.com even mentioned he got Darryl Strawberry comps on both. Yet another one of these teenagers praised for his intelligence and work ethic even before signing. Had a reputation for hitting in games among the 7/2 crop, to go with pretty looking BPs.

Yonathan Perlaza SS/2B (17) - The first guy here who isn't praised effusively for his makeup, which shouldn't be held against him so much since no one knocks it either. He is a switch hitter with bat speed and the potential to stick in the dirt. Some similarities to Wilson in that he's short but physical. Signed as a SS, but said to be more of a 2B prospect. Yet another member of the group of IFAs signed last July, a crop that will be a big part of the farm system renaissance over the next three years.

Bryan Hudson LHP (19) - Like Perlaza, he is not praised as effusively as the others here for his intangible traits. Like Perlaza, he still offers some relatively rare traits and characteristics as a player. Offers a huge frame, a big curveball, a more coordinated delivery than you'd expect...Potentially very similar stuff to Sean Marshall when it's all said and done. If he develops a mean streak and picks up some more velocity, there's potential for him to be a strikeout artist of sorts.

Isaac Paredes SS/IF (17) - Back to kids praised for their makeup, maturity, intelligence, and work ethic...A top performer for Mexico's 15U team. Doesn't have an ideal body for SS, but a big moldable frame that stands apart from other teenaged SSs in the system.

Alrighty....there are a number of guys who aren't here that are also prospects...Monasterio got a call to the AZL last year (as many of the IFAs listed here will this year)....Erling Moreno will be another year removed from TJ...Ademan is a 2015 IFA who is more defense oriented than most of those guys listed except Amaya (I consider Amaya a rarer kind of prospect, hence his inclusion). He is in the mold of guys like Penalver and Monasterio....Austyn Willis was the youngest, largest player they drafted in 2014 and won't turn 20 until June - he's a potential Scott Feldman-y-ish kind of RH....I wonder if I'm forgetting someone, pretty sure I hit the main guys I wanted to talk about....Galindo has power potential, but injuries and the fact that he's probably more a 1B than anything else caused him to not make the main group.
1 x

CubsWin
5-Time All-Star

Postby CubsWin » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:54 am

i don't know what criteria exactly you were using, but I definitely put:

Eloy Jimenez (19 all season)
Justin Steele (19, 20 in July)
Wladimir Galindo (19 all season)

...on that list. Carlos Sepulveda showed a solid approach in the AZL as an 18 year old last season (.350 OBP, 14% K, 9% BB). He'll 19 almost all of next season (turns 20 in late August). As of now, the fact that he's pretty much only a 2B hurts his prospect status, but the bat showed some promise last season.
0 x
”I do sincerely hope the Cubs win a World Series. After I die.” - Jerry Reinsdorf, January, 2015. Sorry you had to witness that, Jer...

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:00 am

I KNEW I forgot someone. Jimenez should most definitely be on that list. I like Steele enough too that I'd consider him an omission, but he will be 20 all season. Not including Jimenez is just outright sloppy.

Eloy Jimez RF/LF (19, 20 in November) - Top IFA in 2013, even over Torres, and potential has been compared to Jermaine Dye. Like so many listed above, offers an outstanding frame with room to get bigger. Surprisingly polished approach for a 6'4" teenaged Dominicam kid, I would think to expect more strikeouts. Was arguably Eugene's best all around hitter last year as an 18 year old, and was a candidate for full season ball last spring. He's a little heavy footed as a runner and a defender, but it's all about the bat with him anyway. His makeup has been praised both before and after signing, and is exemplified by the Cubs' willingness to give him a tough, advanced assignment at 18.
0 x

CubsWin
5-Time All-Star

Postby CubsWin » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:04 am

TomtheBombadil wrote:I KNEW I forgot someone. Jimenez should most definitely be on that list. I like Steele enough too that I'd consider him an omission, but he will be 20 all season. Not including Jimenez is just outright sloppy.

Eloy Jimez RF/LF (19, 20 in November) - Top IFA in 2013, even over Torres, and potential has been compared to Jermaine Dye. Like so many listed above, offers an outstanding frame with room to get bigger. Surprisingly polished approach for a 6'4" teenaged Dominicam kid, I would think to expect more strikeouts. Was arguably Eugene's best all around hitter last year as an 18 year old, and was a candidate for full season ball last spring. He's a little heavy footed as a runner and a defender, but it's all about the bat with him anyway. His makeup has been praised both before and after signing, and is exemplified by the Cubs' willingness to give him a tough, advanced assignment at 18.

My bad on Steele's age. I read his birth year as 1996 for some reason. Now that you've remembered Eloy, at least include the "en" in his last name... :P
1 x
”I do sincerely hope the Cubs win a World Series. After I die.” - Jerry Reinsdorf, January, 2015. Sorry you had to witness that, Jer...

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:18 am

So, so sloppy...There's always something just a little off. Remember when I couldn't get Coghlan's age right? Cringe worthy
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:09 am

http://www.csnchicago.com/cubs/cubs-bel ... fast-track

if there was any doubt, it looks like it's "official." almora will start this season at iowa.

With the Cubs locked in on Almora, Russell fell to the Oakland A’s at No. 11 in that first round. Billy Beane went for it in 2014 and mortgaged the future as the Cubs made Russell the centerpiece to the Jeff Samardzija deal. Russell replacing Starlin Castro and taking over at shortstop last summer would be a turning point for what became the hottest team in baseball.

“Certainly, I think Albert (is) going to have a good year,” McLeod said. “Because with the success of the other guys, we forget Albert’s 21 this year going into the (season). He’s young still – and hopefully he’s healthy – and he’ll be at Triple-A as a 21-year-old to open the season.”

A scout who appreciates Almora’s overall game noticed that he seemed adrift last summer at Tennessee, at least before a strong August (.917 OPS) boosted his overall numbers (.272 average with six homers, 26 doubles, 46 RBI in 106 games).

“We have to remember (that) he’s still understanding what it takes to be successful in the higher levels,” farm director Jaron Madison said. “Approach is big for him. I think he really started to buy into it towards the end of (last) year, getting pitches he can drive and not just put into play. And not being afraid to get to two strikes – because he never strikes out – (and) really trying to drive those balls that he should be hitting hard.

“Now it’s understanding where he is in his career – and how close he is. I think he’s going to take a big step forward this year.”
0 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:27 am

McLeod interview: http://chicagocubsonline.com/archives/2 ... -radio.php

Touches on Torres, Contreras, McKinney, Underwood, Cease, Steele, Sands, de la Cruz and Candelario.

Sounds like McKinney might not be ready for spring training because of the kneecap injury:

The knee, we’re taking it a little slow with him. He’s not exactly where we hoped he would be right now and that’s meaning he’s not going to show up in Spring Training and we’re just going to throw him into a game. I think by the end of Spring Training we’re hoping that he’ll be full go. But we’re going to take it a little slow with him as we start getting on those hard fields out in Arizona.”
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:38 pm

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/t ... os-51-100/

Contreras at 67...I think we know what this means, don't we? Whoever had Contreras at 27 knows the deal. Happ is at 87. I think the rest of the list is coming out tonight or something.
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:45 am

So the post on BN got me thinking about South Bend's OD roster...This team should be fun to watch all year.

- Six man rotation should include Kellogg, de la Cruz, Twomey, Steele, Sands, and hopefully Cease getting pushed and taking the final spot. Jose Paulino, another lefty, is another candidate for the final spot and prooooobably a little more likely than Cease. I am expcting Kellogg to make short work of this league amd get promoted to High A and hopefully/eventually AA this season.

- Matt Rose should get the starting 3B job and hopefully hits. He was the youngest and largest college bat they took last year, and one of the better college performers. He was one of Eugene's more impressive hitters last year, one of the few guys who consistently put the ball in the air and showed some pop.

- The OF to start will probably be Dewees/Martinez/Jimenez, but hopefully Dewees gets promoted at some point.

If things go really well we might see a couple of the teenaged prospects get a call to full season ball. DJ Wilson is probably most likely.
0 x

craig
All-Star

Postby craig » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:15 pm

CaliforniaRaisin wrote:McLeod interview: http://chicagocubsonline.com/archives/2 ... -radio.php

Touches on Torres, Contreras, McKinney, Underwood, Cease, Steele, Sands, de la Cruz and Candelario.

Sounds like McKinney might not be ready for spring training because of the kneecap injury:

The knee, we’re taking it a little slow with him. He’s not exactly where we hoped he would be right now and that’s meaning he’s not going to show up in Spring Training and we’re just going to throw him into a game. I think by the end of Spring Training we’re hoping that he’ll be full go. But we’re going to take it a little slow with him as we start getting on those hard fields out in Arizona.”

Thanks, Cal. That was a very detailed interview. I thought the comments on delaCruz were helpful, he said 90-95, mostly 92. That's good, and the kid perhaps projects for more future. But a mostly 92 RHP, that isn't exactly dominant or overpowering.

The stuff about Contreras and his personality/areas-that-needed-development was quite interesting. Having a good "clock" is really desirable, and perhaps he hasn't shown that. But I'd rather have a guy who was highly energized than a player who's kind of lethargic and can't stay focuses.

The Underwood bit was also interesting, having the plus or double-plus pitches at times, but maybe not being sophisticated on how to use them or to recognize what's sharp on a given day, and not having them consistently.
0 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:56 pm

If he's averaging around 92 and can crank it up to 94-95, that's pretty good velocity.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:08 pm

Hm, I thought I had commented on that interview...McLeod basically working on his lawyer talk:

- McLeod makes Torres sound like a long term Peralta-esque defensive SS where it will be alot about positioning, instincts, and coordinating with the coaching staff. If thats the case, then hopefully his bat continues to develop and some power starts showing. He doesn't have Peralta's 6'2/6'3" frame to leverage so.....:shrugs:

- One mid-paragraph statement that Contreras needs to polish up his recieving and D surrounded by lots of talk about energy and enthusiasm. Closes with a slew of less mainstream valued catcher traits he needs to work on, which are basically all the nuances of the C position. I might be looking at it from a biased POV because I don't believe much in Contreras as a first division starting C. How he reacts during his first big league camp might be telling, hes already got a buddy in Montero.

- Been talking about it lately, but McKinney is a guy I'm starting to "get" this offseason. His tweener status, for me right now, is that he was way too good for the A ball levels but not the kind of 20 year old who dominates AA right away. Nothing wrong with it, still on a path to start in the majors. Really feel those 125 PAs to open the year got kind of sold short. Sucks about the broken kneecap.

- Underwood will enter AA with the hopes of finally learning to put away hitters. Little things like that are why I am not an Underwood fan.

- Still think Ivan Nova when I think of Oscar de la Cruz, at least physically.

I really hope there's a McLeod interview where they talk about the 7/2 crop and other 2015 IFA prospects. My guess is there will be no such interview, but we might get one about the Cubans signed later on.
0 x

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:35 pm

TomtheBombadil wrote:So the post on BN got me thinking about South Bend's OD roster...This team should be fun to watch all year.

- Six man rotation should include Kellogg, de la Cruz, Twomey, Steele, Sands, and hopefully Cease getting pushed and taking the final spot. Jose Paulino, another lefty, is another candidate for the final spot and prooooobably a little more likely than Cease. I am expcting Kellogg to make short work of this league amd get promoted to High A and hopefully/eventually AA this season.

- Matt Rose should get the starting 3B job and hopefully hits. He was the youngest and largest college bat they took last year, and one of the better college performers. He was one of Eugene's more impressive hitters last year, one of the few guys who consistently put the ball in the air and showed some pop.

- The OF to start will probably be Dewees/Martinez/Jimenez, but hopefully Dewees gets promoted at some point.

If things go really well we might see a couple of the teenaged prospects get a call to full season ball. DJ Wilson is probably most likely.

I want Cease and his surgically repaired elbow to have nothing to do with the MWL until at least May.

Regarding Martinez, nothing would surprise me but I suspect he'll stay in Mesa for at least a part of extended spring training to continue to get acclimated to the US. He sounds rawer than your average 21-year old.
0 x

Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:39 pm

On the other hand, he'll be what, 21+ months from surgery on Opening Day? I won't be upset if he's not at South Bend to start the year, but I don't think it's imperative he avoids early season MWL weather either.
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:55 am

CaliforniaRaisin wrote:I want Cease and his surgically repaired elbow to have nothing to do with the MWL until at least May.

Regarding Martinez, nothing would surprise me but I suspect he'll stay in Mesa for at least a part of extended spring training to continue to get acclimated to the US. He sounds rawer than your average 21-year old.

You'll probably get that. I forgot Preston Morrison. Probably open with Morrison, Kellogg, de la Cruz, Twomey, Sands, and Steele. After comes Bloomquist and Paulino getting starts, maybe Alzolay or w/e...I actually hope that Cease gets pushed aggressively after recovering successfully from surgery, though I expect he is capped at ~60 innings this year no matter where he pitches.
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:59 pm

ZiPS top 100 vs. Law's.

ZiPS is pretty high on Almora

Spoiler: show
ZiPS rank Player Pos. Team Law Rank
1 Corey Seager SS Los Angeles Dodgers 1
2 Byron Buxton CF Minnesota Twins 2
3 J.P. Crawford SS Philadelphia Phillies 4
4 Orlando Arcia SS Milwaukee Brewers 10
5 Dansby Swanson SS Atlanta Braves 13
6 Manuel Margot CF San Diego Padres 25
7 A.J. Reed 1B Houston Astros 44
8 Nomar Mazara RF Texas Rangers 9
9 Julio Urias LHP Los Angeles Dodgers 5
10 Steven Matz LHP New York Mets 37
11 Trea Turner SS Washington Nationals 28
12 Lucas Giolito RHP Washington Nationals 3
13 Alex Verdugo CF Los Angeles Dodgers 51
14 Tyler Glasnow RHP Pittsburgh Pirates 6
15 Ozhaino Albies SS Atlanta Braves 20
16 Brett Phillips CF Milwaukee Brewers 46
17 Alex Reyes RHP St. Louis Cardinals 8
18 Joey Gallo 3B Texas Rangers 12
19 Rafael Devers 3B Boston Red Sox 7
20 Javier Guerra SS San Diego Padres 34
21 Jeff Hoffman RHP Colorado Rockies 90
22 Jose Berrios RHP Minnesota Twins 26
23 Austin Meadows CF Pittsburgh Pirates 16
24 Ryan McMahon 3B Colorado Rockies 62
25 Sean Newcomb LHP Atlanta Braves 30
26 Albert Almora CF Chicago Cubs 88
26 Anthony Alford CF Toronto Blue Jays 52
28 Alex Bregman SS Houston Astros 19
29 Jose de Leon RHP Los Angeles Dodgers 60
30 Jorge Polanco SS Minnesota Twins 66
31 Bobby Bradley 1B Cleveland Indians 93
32 Jose Peraza 2B Cincinnati Reds >100
33 Jonathan Gray RHP Colorado Rockies >100
34 Andrew Benintendi CF Boston Red Sox 18
35 Tim Anderson SS Chicago White Sox 45
36 Aaron Blair RHP Atlanta Braves 39
37 Raimel Tapia CF Colorado Rockies 78
38 Alen Hanson 2B Pittsburgh Pirates >100
39 Sean Manaea LHP Oakland Athletics 59
40 Daniel Robertson SS Tampa Bay Rays 85
41 Blake Snell LHP Tampa Bay Rays 14
42 Willson Contreras C Chicago Cubs 27
43 Cody Reed LHP Cincinnati Reds 54
44 Jesse Winker LF Cincinnati Reds 41
45 Gleyber Torres SS Chicago Cubs 15
46 Bradley Zimmer CF Cleveland Indians 21
47 Lewis Brinson CF Texas Rangers 32
48 Dominic Smith 1B New York Mets 29
49 Austin Barnes C Los Angeles Dodgers >100
50 Boog Powell CF Seattle Mariners >100
51 Brendan Rodgers SS Colorado Rockies 11
52 Kevin Newman SS Pittsburgh Pirates 23
53 Michael Fulmer RHP Detroit Tigers 48
54 Braden Shipley RHP Arizona Cardinals 24
55 Brandon Drury 3B Arizona Cardinals >100
56 Billy McKinney RF Chicago Cubs 69
57 David Dahl CF Colorado Rockies 58
58 Brian Johnson LHP Boston Red Sox >100
59 Brent Honeywell RHP Tampa Bay Rays 64
60 Renato Nunez 3B Oakland Athletics >100
61 Franklin Barreto SS Oakland Athletics 22
62 Ian Happ CF Chicago Cubs 47
63 Yoan Moncada 2B Boston Red Sox 17
64 Jomar Reyes 3B Baltimore Orioles >100
65 Christian Arroyo SS San Francisco Giants 65
66 A.J. Cole RHP Washington Nationals >100
67 Victor Robles CF Washington Nationals 49
68 Jack Flaherty RHP St. Louis Cardinals 83
69 Reynaldo Lopez RHP Washington Nationals >100
70 Jake Thompson RHP Philadelphia Phillies 63
71 Marco Gonzales LHP St. Louis Cardinals 76
72 Jake Bauers 1B Tampa Bay Rays >100
73 Dixon Machado SS Detroit Tigers >100
74 Kevin Ziomek LHP Detroit Tigers >100
75 Gary Sanchez C New York Yankees 57
76 Nick Williams CF Philadelphia Phillies 74
77 Clint Frazier CF Cleveland Indians 72
78 Matt Chapman 3B Oakland Athletics >100
79 Chance Sisco C Baltimore Orioles 81
80 Matt Olson 1B Oakland Athletics >100
81 Ke'Bryan Hayes 3B Pittsburgh Pirates >100
82 Derek Fisher CF Houston Astros >100
83 Richard Urena SS Toronto Blue Jays >100
84 Aaron Judge RF New York Yankees 36
85 Stone Garrett CF Miami Marlins >100
86 Trent Clark CF Milwaukee Brewers 70
87 Colin Moran 3B Houston Astros >100
88 Richie Martin SS Oakland Athletics >100
89 Harold Ramirez RF Pittsburgh Pirates >100
90 Willy Adames SS Tampa Bay Rays >100
91 Max Kepler RF Minnesota Twins 33
92 Kyle Tucker RF Houston Astros 67
93 Sam Travis 1B Boston Red Sox >100
94 Taylor Guerrieri RHP Tampa Bay Rays 35
95 Amed Rosario SS New York Mets 42
96 Luis Ortiz RHP Texas Rangers 79
97 Luke Jackson RHP Texas Rangers >100
98 Dillon Overton LHP Oakland Athletics >100
99 Brandon Nimmo CF New York Mets >100
100 Wilmer Difo SS Washington Nationals >100
2 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

mul21
5-Time All-Star

Postby mul21 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:44 pm

David wrote:ZiPS top 100 vs. Law's.

Maybe your robot eyes automatically sort that, but add some code to that horsefeathers so it's readable.
0 x
I like beer.

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:43 pm

mul21 wrote:

Maybe your robot eyes automatically sort that, but add some code to that [expletive] so it's readable.

don't really know how to mess with the table formatting and it was hard enough to post from my phone. if you do, please feel free.
0 x

Duke Silver
Superstar

Postby Duke Silver » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:02 pm

Interesting that another stats-based projection system is that high on Almora, given that we have castigated his stats for awhile now, with his only real saving grace being his scouting reports.
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:46 pm

I, for one, feel like I will appreciate Almora more when he's traded for a pitcher. Talking about him is about as entertaining to me as talking about Fowler. Different skillsets but all leading down the path to meh.
0 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:54 pm

TomtheBombadil wrote:I, for one, feel like I will appreciate Almora more when he's traded for a pitcher. Talking about him is about as entertaining to me as talking about Fowler. Different skillsets but all leading down the path to meh.

Idk, to me he can be a right-handed Gerrardo Parra who can actually play CF and not have crazy platoon splits (at least poor ones vs one side of pitchers). Though that might not be exciting that can still be a really valuable player.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:57 pm

if he continues on as the hitter he was in the second half of last year, i am pretty excited about him
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:07 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:
TomtheBombadil wrote:Idk, to me he can be a right-handed Gerrardo Parra who can actually play CF and not have crazy platoon splits (at least poor ones vs one side of pitchers). Though that might not be exciting that can still be a really valuable player.

Meeeeeeeh, valuable to one of those poor teams maybe.

The Almora 2nd half myth is carried almost totally by his August.
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:10 pm

TomtheBombadil wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:
TomtheBombadil wrote:Idk, to me he can be a right-handed Gerrardo Parra who can actually play CF and not have crazy platoon splits (at least poor ones vs one side of pitchers). Though that might not be exciting that can still be a really valuable player.

Meeeeeeeh, valuable to one of those poor teams maybe.

The Almora 2nd half myth is carried almost totally by his August.

It's more "post team USA" than 2nd half. it's just easier to say second half.

and it was paired with obvious mechanical changes geared toward a more powerful swing.
0 x

Return to “Minor Leagues”