North Side Baseball - Home Page

The place for discussion about the Chicago Cubs
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Jose Rosario: Any Update on Arm?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:02 am 
All-Star

Jose Rosario was a "hot" prospect for a while last summer. Before he went down in July. Did we ever get confirmation what was wrong, and whether or not he had surgery?

google adsense
Post details
 Post subject: Re: Jose Rosario: Any Update on Arm?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:43 pm 
Inner-Circle HOF

The only thing I know is he hadn't had surgery at the start of Fall Instructs but did not pitch at all at Instructs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:47 am 
All-Star

CaliforniaRaisin wrote:
The only thing I know is he hadn't had surgery at the start of Fall Instructs but did not pitch at all at Instructs.

Wow, thanks. I'd just assumed it sounded like a surgery case when he went down. I think his injury was early July, so I'd think that if it was going to be surgery, they'd not have needed to wait multiple months to get to it.

The Cubs seem like they are looking for every cutting edge that they can get. I can't imagine they aren't looking for the most informed current intelligence on injury management. Curious that now both Wells and Rosario, both "I-assume-he'll-need-surgery" guys, have not had it. I wonder if they think they've sometimes got a better way in some cases? It's certainly not like they are afraid of TJ, either, given that their two most recent pickups have been TJ Vizcaino and TJ Rondon, and they drafted the TJ guy with a 4th-round pick very early in his TJ recovery, well before he could have evidenced that he'd be able to come back successfully. So I'm somewhat hopeful that, given that they believe there is at least a reasonable chance of coming back successfully from TJ, that they must believe Wells or Rosario have even better chances of coming back successfully without it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:46 am 
Inner-Circle HOF

Craig, don't read more into my post than Rosario hadn't had surgery at the start of Instructs. It's quite possible he had it later in the offseason, I don't have that information.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:43 am 
All-Star

Understood. His injury was on July 18. Most pitcher surgeries are done within a couple of weeks of the injury. By the time instrux began, it would have been almost or over 2 months since the injury. So it seems likely, (although not certain), that if he was going to have surgery, it would been done well before instrux.

But, maybe I'm way off, and the scheduling for a surgery is widely variable depending on the surgeon's schedule and on the details of the injury.

google adsense
Post details