Postby CubinNY » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:44 pm

Shouldn't really be in a spoiler
► Show Spoiler
0 x

Smack
5-Time All-Star

Re: Westworld

Postby Smack » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:50 pm

I'm ready for Maeve to horsefeathers some horsefeathers up.
0 x
BTFU!

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:21 pm

CubinNY wrote:Shouldn't really be in a spoiler
► Show Spoiler

I had my fingers crossed that
► Show Spoiler
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:02 am

DiceMan4221 wrote:
► Show Spoiler

I had my fingers crossed that
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
0 x

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame

Postby 17 Seconds » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:29 am

the scene with Motion Picture Soundtrack was amazing
1 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:01 pm

► Show Spoiler

Spoiler: show
I even considered for a while (not so sure anymore) that even the techs were hosts and that the glitch was effecting them as well. Basically, the glitch effected Felix in that it made him have initiative (trying to revive the bird and problem-solve).

If I'm Ford and I'm making a park, and I can obviously program someone as capable as Bernard, why wouldn't I use a free labor force to make and repair hosts?

Also, this needs to be a spoiler thread. Anyone with a brain knows not to enter a TV show thread when they haven't seen that week's episode. Having to spoiler everything is silly.
0 x

rocket
Superstar

Postby rocket » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:47 pm

► Show Spoiler
0 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:00 pm

rocket wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Oh snap. I hadn't thought of that.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:53 pm

The only evidence against all of the techs being hosts is that if that one Ellen Page wannabe tech was one...you'd just shut her off instead of having a dood in a scary shed grab her from behind, right? So all of them probably aren't hosts. I think the interesting thing is wondering how many of the hosts like Bernard are replacements for what were once actual people. If we see Ellen Page again suddenly, I'm going to be suspicious as all get out.

It sure seems like Ford has real people behind the 8 ball. Hosts are going to have to save the day.
0 x
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:39 pm

The "techs as hosts" theory doesn't require that everyone working there be a host. I think it does make a certain amount of sense for some of the techs to be hosts though. That's a pretty disturbing job to have to just sit there and cut on and repair ghastly wounds over and over again. If a robot could do that, that'd be a pretty good job for them....although I suppose real world ER doctors do the same thing every day as well.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:50 pm

OleMissCub wrote:The "techs as hosts" theory doesn't require that everyone working there be a host. I think it does make a certain amount of sense for some of the techs to be hosts though. That's a pretty disturbing job to have to just sit there and cut on and repair ghastly wounds over and over again. If a robot could do that, that'd be a pretty good job for them....although I suppose real world ER doctors do the same thing every day as well.

Sure, not saying its all or nothing. The hard part is convincing the board etc that they are human. Have to have some kind of backstory/trail, right? Like, did no one wonder when Ford introduces this new guy that is a programming savant? No one asked where he came from? I would guess he was a human to begin with, but who knows.
0 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:12 pm

Last night's episode was just great tv. I think most of it had been theorized already, so I can't say there was a lot of surprises for me...

Although I didn't guess that Delores had killed Arnold...

But it was all revealed in such a great way. Nearly every actor is just crushing it on this show too.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:14 pm

Also, I didn't see it mentioned on here, but the show was renewed for a season 2. Unfortunately, it probably won't air till 2018.
0 x

Brian707
All-Star

Postby Brian707 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:53 pm

Banedon wrote:Also, I didn't see it mentioned on here, but the show was renewed for a season 2. Unfortunately, it probably won't air till 2018.

My guess is during Game of Thrones Spring spot since next year is the final season.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:14 am

Banedon wrote:Last night's episode was just great tv. I think most of it had been theorized already, so I can't say there was a lot of surprises for me...

Although I didn't guess that Delores had killed Arnold...

But it was all revealed in such a great way. Nearly every actor is just crushing it on this show too.

Yeah, huge fan of all the performances with the exception of Cyclopes. I guess he does a good job of being the clueless beefcake, tho.

And it isn't his fault, but when young-Ed-Harris screamed at his future brother-in-law "Don't Touch Her!" I lol'd fairly hard because it brought a flashback of this into my head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELxAB_FjyFg
Took me right out of the scene (which was a good one.)
4 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:08 am

Brian707 wrote:
Banedon wrote:Also, I didn't see it mentioned on here, but the show was renewed for a season 2. Unfortunately, it probably won't air till 2018.

My guess is during Game of Thrones Spring spot since next year is the final season.

Still two seasons of game of thrones, they're both just shortened seasons.
0 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:02 am

This was posted elsewhere.

William is a massive piece of horsefeathers.

Seriously, everything he has done so far is so enraging. His GFs brother takes him on this awesome 40k/day trip so they would bond more before William marries Logans sister. They go drinking/partying/horsefeathering but William refuses to participate.

Then William decided to go on a horsefeathers bounty side quest and guilts Logan into going with him saying ''I can go alone, you don't have to come''. Logan goes with him anyways because he is a nice guy and wants to be friendly to William. William starts falling for a horsefeathering robot lady, even tho his fiancees brother is right there. Logan gets captured and is later tortured and actually getting physically hurt, William refuses to rescue him, instead runs away with the robot lady, making out with her, all while his human fiancees brother is getting tortured. Logan rescues himself, finds William, tries to show him that this place is getting to his head, shows that William is in love with a horsefeathering machine. Instead of being angry, he forgives him, unties him, offers a drink and says it's fine, this place can take over your head, and promises not to talk about what happened in this park, so he wouldn't ruin the relationship William has with his sister. Instead of William being like ''horsefeathers man, you are right, thanks for being forgiving and not telling anyone this'', he kills all of Logans men, and puts a horsefeathering knife to his throat Seriously, horsefeathers william
1 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:31 pm

The season finale is a 90 min episode. FYI.
0 x

Ryne Ween
All-Star

Postby Ryne Ween » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:53 pm

OleMissCub wrote:This was posted elsewhere.

Seriously, everything he has done so far is so enraging. His GFs brother takes him on this awesome 40k/day trip so they would bond more before William marries Logans sister. They go drinking/partying/horsefeathering but William refuses to participate.

Then William decided to go on a horsefeathers bounty side quest and guilts Logan into going with him saying ''I can go alone, you don't have to come''. Logan goes with him anyways because he is a nice guy and wants to be friendly to William. William starts falling for a horsefeathering robot lady, even tho his fiancees brother is right there. Logan gets captured and is later tortured and actually getting physically hurt, William refuses to rescue him, instead runs away with the robot lady, making out with her, all while his human fiancees brother is getting tortured. Logan rescues himself, finds William, tries to show him that this place is getting to his head, shows that William is in love with a horsefeathering machine. Instead of being angry, he forgives him, unties him, offers a drink and says it's fine, this place can take over your head, and promises not to talk about what happened in this park, so he wouldn't ruin the relationship William has with his sister. Instead of William being like ''horsefeathers man, you are right, thanks for being forgiving and not telling anyone this'', he kills all of Logans men, and puts a horsefeathering knife to his throat Seriously, horsefeathers william

the William and Dolores storyline is not as interesting or well acted. Not really understanding how they can bridge the gap between William and Ed Harris. I like the show and the multiple timelines seems like it would work great but it's gotten sloppy.

Hopkins is so good in this show.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:58 pm

Today the internet taught me that DOLORES ABERNATHY is an anagram for HOE BETRAYS ARNOLD
2 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:06 am

DiceMan4221 wrote:Today the internet taught me that DOLORES ABERNATHY is an anagram for HOE BETRAYS ARNOLD

It's also an anagram for HEART OBEYS ARNOLD.
0 x

Brian707
All-Star

Postby Brian707 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:00 pm

Yesterday my SIL, pointed out that when Bernard was talking to Delores at the beginning of the first episode that she actually was talking to Arnold long ago

Maybe this is a well known theory already?
0 x

Rob
Superstar

Postby Rob » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:27 pm

Ryne Ween wrote:

the William and Dolores storyline is not as interesting or well acted. Not really understanding how they can bridge the gap between William and Ed Harris. I like the show and the multiple timelines seems like it would work great but it's gotten sloppy.

It's not all that interesting yet. Did anybody else catch that

the photo of Logan's sister that he shoved in William's face when he said "did you forget about her?" is the same photo that Mr. Abernathy saw and freaked out over. Are William and Logan just hosts repeating this same narrative over and over?
0 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:39 pm

Rob wrote:
Ryne Ween wrote:

It's not all that interesting yet. Did anybody else catch that

the photo of Logan's sister that he shoved in William's face when he said "did you forget about her?" is the same photo that Mr. Abernathy saw and freaked out over. Are William and Logan just hosts repeating this same narrative over and over?

This is like watching my mom talk about this show lol
2 x

Return to “Social”