Westworld

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Re: Westworld

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Tue May 08, 2018 8:54 pm

they know bernard has the abernathy data somewhere, and they've looped him until they can figure out what's going on
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue May 08, 2018 9:07 pm

I'm confused about who does/doesn't know Bernard is a host
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue May 08, 2018 9:11 pm

Derwood wrote:I'm confused about who does/doesn't know Bernard is a host

Delores knows. Beyond that, nobody that we know of.

Charlotte seems potentially suspicious, but we have no confirmation that she knows.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue May 08, 2018 9:15 pm

Banedon wrote:
Derwood wrote:I'm confused about who does/doesn't know Bernard is a host

Delores knows. Beyond that, nobody that we know of.

Charlotte seems potentially suspicious, but we have no confirmation that she knows.

In the part where he was out with the "management" and they discover all the hosts floating in the sea, it seemed plot-hole-ish that their app didn't pick up Bernard when they pinged for hosts
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue May 08, 2018 9:21 pm

It's impossible to say what's a plot hole and what isn't when we're all over various timelines. Something in a past timeline could end up easily explaining that later on. Certainly worth noting, but too early to call it a plot hole.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue May 08, 2018 9:24 pm

Banedon wrote:It's impossible to say what's a plot hole and what isn't when we're all over various timelines. Something in a past timeline could end up easily explaining that later on. Certainly worth noting, but too early to call it a plot hole.

Well it loops back to not knowing when this incident happened in the timeline. For all we know, there have been several uprisings or AI malfunctions. In fact, all we saw were bodies floating in a sea, and we assume they are related to the other uprisings we've seen, which isn't necessarily true
0 x

DiceMan4221
All-Star

Postby DiceMan4221 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:26 pm

Yeah, Bernard is obviously not wired the same way as the rest of the hosts. Kind of a one off project for Dr. Lector. He was working amungst upkeep peeps for years without anyone noticing.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -Anonymous

DiceMan4221
All-Star

Postby DiceMan4221 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:30 pm

Derwood wrote:
Banedon wrote:It's impossible to say what's a plot hole and what isn't when we're all over various timelines. Something in a past timeline could end up easily explaining that later on. Certainly worth noting, but too early to call it a plot hole.

Well it loops back to not knowing when this incident happened in the timeline. For all we know, there have been several uprisings or AI malfunctions. In fact, all we saw were bodies floating in a sea, and we assume they are related to the other uprisings we've seen, which isn't necessarily true

Yeah, that could easily be true. There have been corpses littered around that village area twice now, so any scenes talking place there could be pre-season 1 or post-season 1. And you're right, the human military team might well be responding to the first AI uprising, and that version of Bernard might actually be human (which would be one explanation why they didn't recognize him as a host).
0 x
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -Anonymous

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue May 08, 2018 9:33 pm

I'm curious where they are going with this new-ish revelation that Man in Black (William) was an investor in the park before we saw him visit with his buddy. Or was the scene where he was in the park with dad AFTER what we saw in season one? So confusing
0 x

DiceMan4221
All-Star

Postby DiceMan4221 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:34 pm

Derwood wrote:I'm curious where they are going with this new-ish revelation that Man in Black (William) was an investor in the park before we saw him visit with his buddy. Or was the scene where he was in the park with dad AFTER what we saw in season one? So confusing

I assumed the scene in the park was after most of what we saw McPoyle doing in season 1, but who knows.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue May 08, 2018 9:37 pm

These articles recapping episodes 2 and 3 should help straighten out the timelines.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... n-timeline

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... tuna-recap
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue May 08, 2018 9:38 pm

DiceMan4221 wrote:
Derwood wrote:I'm curious where they are going with this new-ish revelation that Man in Black (William) was an investor in the park before we saw him visit with his buddy. Or was the scene where he was in the park with dad AFTER what we saw in season one? So confusing

I assumed the scene in the park was after most of what we saw McPoyle doing in season 1, but who knows.

We see his buddy getting sold on the technology in the "private party" scene (where Clementine is playing piano). Then we see Billy with dad (??? Old sick dude) twice: once at the party where Dolores is playing piano, and once in the frozen "welcome to Westworld" storyline. It might make more sense if the latter two are AFTER season one, otherwise Billy's reticence to be there and participate in season one makes no sense.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue May 08, 2018 9:40 pm

Banedon wrote:These articles recapping episodes 2 and 3 should help straighten out the timelines.

Also, the author of these is on several different podcasts, two of them devoted to Westworld. I recommend Decoding Westworld, though the new episodes don't come out until late Wednesday nights.
1 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue May 08, 2018 10:04 pm

Banedon wrote:These articles recapping episodes 2 and 3 should help straighten out the timelines.

Thanks, that was super helpful
1 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue May 08, 2018 10:14 pm

Okay, so assuming those articles are accurate, the beach scene is "present day". The missing piece we have with Bernard is what happened between the Fort standoff and him washing up on the beach
0 x

DiceMan4221
All-Star

Postby DiceMan4221 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:21 am

Derwood wrote:
DiceMan4221 wrote:

We see his buddy getting sold on the technology in the "private party" scene (where Clementine is playing piano). Then we see Billy with dad (??? Old sick dude) twice: once at the party where Dolores is playing piano, and once in the frozen "welcome to Westworld" storyline. It might make more sense if the latter two are AFTER season one, otherwise Billy's reticence to be there and participate in season one makes no sense.

Yeah, his "buddy" is his soon-to-be brother-in-law during season 1. The old sick dood is said buddy's Dad, making him McPoyle's father-in-law.
0 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Mon May 14, 2018 5:51 am

Amazing episode!

Ford has to be alive right? That's the copy Bernard was working on in that lab. Ford knew about William's little experiment, so he shut it down (killed everyone working there) and then used the lab to make a copy of himself to get killed by Dolores.

Oh, and what an absolutely amazing ending twist/surprise.
1 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Mon May 14, 2018 11:55 am

OleMissCub wrote:Amazing episode!

Ford has to be alive right? That's the copy Bernard was working on in that lab. Ford knew about William's little experiment, so he shut it down (killed everyone working there) and then used the lab to make a copy of himself to get killed by Dolores.

i think the copy is william, maybe even a young william. that will be the finale shot, ed harris and jimmi simpson staring at each other
0 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Mon May 14, 2018 1:09 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:

i think the copy is william, maybe even a young william. that will be the finale shot, ed harris and jimmi simpson staring at each other

Hmm, now that would be something. Only issues with that are that Bernard said that Ford sent him there (we’ve never seen Bernard and William interact on any level iirc) and that I think William would have made sure that old man Delos was dead.

Ford’s consciousness still exists somehow though. Either it is somehow uploaded directly into the operating system or he’s hanging out somewhere behind the curtain like Oz.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Mon May 14, 2018 1:24 pm

Definitely the best episode of the season. This William/Bernard storyline is SOOOO much more interesting than the Dolores or Maeve storylines.

Despite the inherent "coolness" of Shogun World, the previews for next episode seemed like an excuse for a new set piece more than anything. I'm trusting that the story will earn the completely new park
0 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Mon May 14, 2018 1:55 pm

OleMissCub wrote:

Hmm, now that would be something. Only issues with that are that Bernard said that Ford sent him there (we’ve never seen Bernard and William interact on any level iirc) and that I think William would have made sure that old man Delos was dead.

Ford’s consciousness still exists somehow though. Either it is somehow uploaded directly into the operating system or he’s hanging out somewhere behind the curtain like Oz.

why does bernard have to have met william for it to be william's mind in that thing?
0 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Mon May 14, 2018 2:24 pm

OleMissCub wrote:

why does bernard have to have met william for it to be william's mind in that thing?

William isn’t a programmer. Who programmed Bernard to go into the lab and cause all that mayhem if not Ford?
0 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Mon May 14, 2018 2:27 pm

OleMissCub wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:

William isn’t a programmer. Who programmed Bernard to go into the lab and cause all that mayhem if not Ford?

Oh I gotcha. Im not saying William made a copy of himself, I'm saying Ford did, and the game is for William to figure out if he kills his copy or lets it live.
0 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Mon May 14, 2018 2:46 pm

OleMissCub wrote:

Oh I gotcha. Im not saying William made a copy of himself, I'm saying Ford did, and the game is for William to figure out if he kills his copy or lets it live.

Oh wow. Now that would be a true mind frak
0 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Mon May 14, 2018 2:53 pm

OleMissCub wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:

Oh wow. Now that would be a true mind frak

Ford is way too meta to remake himself. Why not remake the guy who has been torturing hosts and james delos for 30 years?

I have no idea if it's a viable theory or not, but the show seems destined to put jimmy simpson and ed harris in the same room together and this would be one way to do it
1 x

Return to “Social”