Westworld

VVMattVV
Starter

Re: Westworld

Postby VVMattVV » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:26 pm

Banedon wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:So perhaps WestWorld is just one stop in this theme park. We know there is also SamuraiWorld. Perhaps there is also RomanWorld and PirateWorld, etc. Maybe next season will be them liberating those parks? That'd be fun as hell to see cowboys running around alongside samurai and Roman gladiators or whatever.

I don't think so. it would seem silly for there to be other existing parks that no one ever mentioned during the course of the show. Samurai World is probably in the very early stages of creating.

Yeah, although...they always called it "this place" or "the park". What if they were referring to a larger, overall park...not Westworld specifically? Was there ever anybody that actually called it Westworld? What if the larger entity is called something like Delos Studios, and Westworld was a smaller branch?

I'm just thinking there could be a central hub that the shuttle train goes to, from where you can go to various parks. A la Disney World...staying at a park resort and taking park transportation to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, or Hollywood Studios.

The note that Felix gave Maeve mentioned "Park 1" on it. Why include that at all if there aren't other parks at least in development?

0 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:39 pm

Banedon wrote:I'm just thinking there could be a central hub that the shuttle train goes to, from where you can go to various parks. A la Disney World...staying at a park resort and taking park transportation to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, or Hollywood Studios.

Precisely my thinking. Just because you are in the Magic Kingdom and there is no mention of Epcot doesn't meant that Epcot doesn't exist.

There also might be less hedonistic "Worlds" out there. I suppose the young girl on the train at the end could have been the daughter of an employee or something, but that scene made me think there might be kid friendly parks too.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:41 pm

OleMissCub wrote:
Banedon wrote:I'm just thinking there could be a central hub that the shuttle train goes to, from where you can go to various parks. A la Disney World...staying at a park resort and taking park transportation to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, or Hollywood Studios.

Precisely my thinking. Just because you are in the Magic Kingdom and there is no mention of Epcot doesn't meant that Epcot doesn't exist.

There also might be less hedonistic "Worlds" out there. I suppose the young girl on the train at the end could have been the daughter of an employee or something, but that scene made me think there might be kid friendly parks too.

Well I think the creators of the show were a little unclear themselves about how family friendly Westworld itself should be. Remember the kid with his family that talked to Delores while she was painting? What were they thinking bringing a kid there?
0 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:43 pm

Banedon wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:

Well I think the creators of the show were a little unclear themselves about how family friendly Westworld itself should be. Remember the kid with his family that talked to Delores while she was painting? What were they thinking bringing a kid there?

Yeah I forgot about that. Meh, parents take kids to R-rated movies too. But ya, my child isn't going to Westworld.
0 x

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame

Postby 17 Seconds » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:50 am

hopefully that finale means Trevor will have a bigger role in season 2. he's a great psycho.
0 x

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:54 am

DiceMan4221 wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:So perhaps WestWorld is just one stop in this theme park. We know there is also SamuraiWorld. Perhaps there is also RomanWorld and PirateWorld, etc. Maybe next season will be them liberating those parks? That'd be fun as hell to see cowboys running around alongside samurai and Roman gladiators or whatever.

I don't think so. it would seem silly for there to be other existing parks that no one ever mentioned during the course of the show. Samurai World is probably in the very early stages of creating.

I think the implication that Maeve's daughter is in another "sector" implies that there are probably other "worlds," especially combined with the samurai.

It was actually "Park 1, Sector X, ...".

Which definitely implies more than one park.
0 x
Spoiler: show

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:56 am

Banedon wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:

Wasn't that kid the one from the un-monitored family in the park?
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:17 pm

I had fallen behind watching and just binge watched the final four episodes last night and this morning. I was starting to worry about some huge plot holes that were forming around ep 7/8, but was thrilled to see them explained by the finale.

Really have no idea where they are going from here. I'm praying that this doesn't go the way of LOST, where the best parts were the slow revelations of the secrets, but once the cats were out of the bag, there was a sharp drop off in quality
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:29 pm

0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:06 am

3 x

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:50 am

That's awesome news. I thought we'd have to wait longer for S2 of Westworld. Hopefully, there won't be this long a wait between each season.
0 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:20 am

Nice choice with the Kanye.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:26 pm

Was really surprised to see this last night. Very excited.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:58 pm

0 x

javy knows my name
previously Beertown Cubbie

Postby javy knows my name » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:11 pm

End of April got me PUMPED once again. This and Archer are back. If only BCS were on time this year.
0 x
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:15 pm

javy knows my name wrote:End of April got me PUMPED once again. This and Archer are back. If only BCS were on time this year.

2 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -Anonymous
(Formerly Diceman4221)

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Tue May 08, 2018 1:23 am

three episodes into season 2. thoughts? i'm loving it so far.
0 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Tue May 08, 2018 12:03 pm

cl smooth wrote:three episodes into season 2. thoughts? i'm loving it so far.

It's fascinating. I've seen some twits claiming that it's "boring" or "sucks compared to season 1", but again, they're twits.

Excited to see what all of the six parks are. So far we've got:

Westworld
The Raj
Samurai-World

There surely must be a Medieval world where people get to play as knights, etc. Perhaps there is also a Roman-world so people can go watch fights in the Coliseum and watch chariot races and have orgies, etc.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue May 08, 2018 1:59 pm

OleMissCub wrote:

It's fascinating. I've seen some twits claiming that it's "boring" or "sucks compared to season 1", but again, they're twits.

Westworld
The Raj
Samurai-World

There surely must be a Medieval world where people get to play as knights, etc. Perhaps there is also a Roman-world so people can go watch fights in the Coliseum and watch chariot races and have orgies, etc.

I've only watched two episodes of the new season, but it clearly sucks compared to season ONE. Edited for ultimate confusion.
Last edited by JudasIscariotTheBird on Tue May 08, 2018 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -Anonymous
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue May 08, 2018 2:22 pm

DiceMan4221 wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:

Westworld
The Raj
Samurai-World

I've only watched two episodes of the new season, but it clearly sucks compared to season 2.

...This is season 2. Is this sarcasm or are you serious? This season has been great so far.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue May 08, 2018 4:37 pm

Banedon wrote:
DiceMan4221 wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:

Westworld
The Raj
Samurai-World

I've only watched two episodes of the new season, but it clearly sucks compared to season 2.

...This is season 2. Is this sarcasm or are you serious? This season has been great so far.

Yes, I'm being serious. What has been good so far? Doloras' character is just a pissed off android gone off the rails. Where is the depth? She used to be conflicted and growing and interesting but now she's just this unhinged killer with an unending series of cryptic statements and harda$$ moments. Apart from the Arnold I really don't give a crap what happens to anyone, and Maeve hasn't had enough happen to make me care thus far. McPoyle is pretty bad on this show. His douchy bro-in-law is more interesting at this point. That whole one-off scene with Gus from BB made me really worried I just watched a shark jumping moment. I'm not saying its irredeemable and I'm far from giving up on the show, but I'm worried.
0 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Tue May 08, 2018 5:34 pm

DiceMan4221 wrote:Yes, I'm being serious. What has been good so far? Doloras' character is just a pissed off android gone off the rails. Where is the depth? She used to be conflicted and growing and interesting but now she's just this unhinged killer with an unending series of cryptic statements and harda$$ moments. Apart from the Arnold I really don't give a crap what happens to anyone, and Maeve hasn't had enough happen to make me care thus far. McPoyle is pretty bad on this show. His douchy bro-in-law is more interesting at this point. That whole one-off scene with Gus from BB made me really worried I just watched a shark jumping moment. I'm not saying its irredeemable and I'm far from giving up on the show, but I'm worried.

doesn't sound like you're watching the same show as everyone else. all of the characters you mentioned above are outstanding (thandie newton should be busy come award season) and the scene with giancarlo esposito was fantastic.

it's odd that you single jimmi simpson out as a bad actor since he's only been in a single episode thus far this season (episode 2) and that was only in a handful of short scenes/flashbacks.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue May 08, 2018 5:44 pm

cl smooth wrote:
DiceMan4221 wrote:Yes, I'm being serious. What has been good so far? Doloras' character is just a pissed off android gone off the rails. Where is the depth? She used to be conflicted and growing and interesting but now she's just this unhinged killer with an unending series of cryptic statements and harda$$ moments. Apart from the Arnold I really don't give a crap what happens to anyone, and Maeve hasn't had enough happen to make me care thus far. McPoyle is pretty bad on this show. His douchy bro-in-law is more interesting at this point. That whole one-off scene with Gus from BB made me really worried I just watched a shark jumping moment. I'm not saying its irredeemable and I'm far from giving up on the show, but I'm worried.

doesn't sound like you're watching the same show as everyone else. all of the characters you mentioned above are outstanding (thandie newton should be busy come award season) and the scene with giancarlo esposito was fantastic.

it's odd that you single jimmi simpson out as a bad actor since he's only been in a single episode thus far this season (episode 2) and that was only in a handful of short scenes/flashbacks.

I single him out because I'm constantly just waiting for him to stab someone with a fork to reveal robot electronics under their skin. The Esposito scene was a ham-fisted farce. I would have preferred he just showed up and said "hey, I'm televisions' Giancarlo Esposito!" and shot himself in the head.
0 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue May 08, 2018 7:46 pm

I don't hate this season at all. My problem is (and this is a me problem, not a show problem) that once they revealed that we were watching multiple timelines last season, I now no longer trust any scene with Delores or Bernard as being in the time we think it is.

My current working theory is:

None of these hosts are actually "woke", but are instead being controlled by some other yet-to-be-seen faction of humans for yet-to-be-revealed reasons
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue May 08, 2018 8:52 pm

Derwood wrote:I don't hate this season at all. My problem is (and this is a me problem, not a show problem) that once they revealed that we were watching multiple timelines last season, I now no longer trust any scene with Delores or Bernard as being in the time we think it is.

My current working theory is:

None of these hosts are actually "woke", but are instead being controlled by some other yet-to-be-seen faction of humans for yet-to-be-revealed reasons

I would be pretty pissed off if that was the case, but I'm easy to piss off. It is also a me problem. But yeah, there seemed to be a pretty clear role reversal in that first scene that Dolores and Bernard had together this season. I think that Dolores is pulling the strings on host Bernard. Maeve and Dolores' stand off (which I thought was short and rushed and kinda lame) already hinted that there is going to be a host versus host reckoning, with authoritarian, one-for-all Dolores versus freedom and all-for-yourselves Maeve, and Bernard is gunna burst free and we'll see yet another role reversal with Bernard offing Dolores...which is a convenient result for me because Dolores sucks now.
0 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Return to “Social”