Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Postby CubinNY » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:08 pm

Wrong thread.
Last edited by CubinNY on Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Old Style
5-Time All-Star

Postby Old Style » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:45 pm

CubinNY wrote:It seems like I make this post about every month, a two year old in Birmingham found a loaded gun a accidental killed himself.

I remember doing reports in grade school about the frequency of accidental shootings in homes and I'm now 45.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:13 pm

“The Weirton Police Department terminated Mr. Mader’s employment because he chose not to use deadly force to shoot and kill an African-American man who was suicidal,” his lawsuit alleged.

Tim O’Brien, one of the lawyers representing him, contrasted the punishment of Mader with the numerous and often incendiary cases in which officers around the country had killed young men of color only to face no sanctions.

“Here,” O’Brien said at the time, “we have an officer who uses restraint and he gets punished. Something was wrong.”
1 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:12 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:

“The Weirton Police Department terminated Mr. Mader’s employment because he chose not to use deadly force to shoot and kill an African-American man who was suicidal,” his lawsuit alleged.

Tim O’Brien, one of the lawyers representing him, contrasted the punishment of Mader with the numerous and often incendiary cases in which officers around the country had killed young men of color only to face no sanctions.

“Here,” O’Brien said at the time, “we have an officer who uses restraint and he gets punished. Something was wrong.”

This is a fantastic article.
0 x

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:02 am

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/claudiakoerner/police-officers-charged-beating-undercover-cop

A group of St. Louis police officers is accused of beating and arresting a man at a protest who turned out to be an undercover detective, and then attempting to cover up their actions.

A grand jury on Thursday indicted four St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department officers in connection with the Sept. 17, 2017, protest, accusing them of felony charges related to excessive force and lying to the FBI. Officers Dustin Boone, 35, Randy Hays, 31, and Christopher Myers, 27, were charged for their role in the violent arrest. Bailey Colletta, 25, was charged for allegedly helping to cover it up. All of them have been suspended without pay while the case proceeds.

In the days before and after L.H.’s arrest, text messages from the indicted officers show them to be gleeful about using force against protesters.

“Let’s whoop some ass,” Myers allegedly wrote on Sept. 15.

“It’s gonna be a lot of fun beating the hell out of these horsefeathers once the sun goes down and nobody can tell us apart!!!!” Boone allegedly wrote in another message.

“We really need these [expletive] to start acting up so we can have some fun,” he allegedly said the next night.

In another exchange between Hays and Boone, Hays cautioned the other officer against using violence, though “going rogue does feel good.”

“Remember were are in south city,” Hays allegedly texted, referencing to the majority white population of the area. “They support us, but also cameras. So make sure you have an old white dude as a witness.”
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:11 pm

Banedon wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:horsefeathering infuriating garbage vicitm-blaming that serves zero purpose outside of trying to protect a cop.

You KNEW this was the kind of thing they were going to be desperately scouring for and then pouncing on. Who gives a horsefeathers if the guy had some weed in his place?

horsefeathers this.

It's even more galling because the woman has BEEN CHARGED. Even the cops aren't defending this horsefeathers.

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:24 pm

That's something, though just manslaughter is some serious bull.
0 x

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:07 pm

0 x

sweetpeteman
5-Time All-Star

Postby sweetpeteman » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:39 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:That's something, though just manslaughter is some serious bull.

Apparently she was indicted for murder, not just manslaughter.
1 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:32 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/18/opin ... force.html

On a break from work, I crossed the intersection of 40th and 8th Avenue in Manhattan and, through a jungle of midtown noise and limbs, saw a group of police officers pushing an African-American man outside the Port Authority Bus Terminal. I couldn’t tell how the squabble started, but the man repeatedly called out: “Somebody tape me. Tape me, please.”

He didn’t resist as handcuffs were placed on his wrists, but the officer leading the pack kept shoving him against a wall. My hands shaking from a mix of adrenaline and December cold, I took out my phone and began to record the scene, along with another bystander or two.

Port Authority Police officers approached those of us filming and told us not to interfere. The other person next to me filming, a young-looking Latino man wearing a beanie hat, kept his distance, but loudly protested.

“I got the right to record all I want,” he shouted. “I don’t have to step off the sidewalk. Freedom of speech.” He then called the officers “pigs,” lacing his taunts with profanity.

When I asked a nearby police officer his name and what prompted the clamor, he threatened me with arrest for blocking the sidewalk, at which point I identified myself as a New York Times journalist just trying to observe.

The officers’ focus then turned toward the Latino man in the beanie, who continued to trade barbs with the five or so officers slowly surrounding him. He swiveled from side to side, waving his phone in a panoramic motion, its lens now serving as his shield.

I walked off toward the spot where the black man was detained to ask others if they’d seen what started the commotion. Within moments, I heard the clang of a body hitting the metal barricades behind me.

The Latino man in the beanie was pinned to the ground by four officers, one of them crushing the man’s neck and head into the concrete while another gave him quick blows to the side, as yet another cuffed him and a fourth twisted his leg.

“All right, I’m sorry. I’m sorry, man — just let me go home, please,” the man pleaded.

“Little late,” one of the officers said, tightening the cuffs.

A plainclothes officer approached me and pushed away my phone. “Sir, you want to go to jail?” he threatened. “Stop recording.”

This time, I stopped. When asked why the man in the beanie had been arrested, the officer limply offered, “Disorderly conduct.”

With the sinking feeling that his response was most likely the first step in an attempt by the police to cover for themselves, I returned to work and began to do a little digging.

The man in the beanie was Jairo Tejada Espinosa. He was charged with obstructing government administration, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and assault on a police officer, which is a felony, among other charges. (The black man we both filmed was booked on a harassment charge, a violation usually punished with a fine.) Mr. Espinosa, 33, was taken to Bellevue Hospital for injuries sustained during his arrest.
0 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:37 am

1 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:33 am

0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:18 am

jesus christ, that happened like 4 years ago
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:56 am

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:jesus christ, that happened like 4 years ago

Huh, I just saw it pop up on a news aggregate site today. Weird
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:07 pm

Officer Gary Steele has been reassigned while the Detroit Police Department investigates the video, which department officials confirmed he posted on Tuesday.

The incident began after he pulled over 23-year-old Ariel Moore for having an expired registration and seized the vehicle.

Steele then told her to exit the vehicle so the vehicle could be towed. She declined a ride home from the officers and had to walk a block home in below-freezing weather, according to Detroit station WXYZ.

The video shows her walking away, one of the officers says she is doing the “walk of shame,” and stickers are added that read, “What black girl magic looks like” and “celebrating Black History Month.”

It ended with an officer saying, “Bye, Felicia,” according to the Detroit Metro Times.

Maybe this was the first time that this cop ever did anything bad! Haha jk.

This isn’t the first time Steele has been in trouble. In 2008 he was charged with physically attacking his ex-girlfriend and firing a gun next to her head, according to WXYZ.

He took a misdemeanor plea deal for probation and stayed on the force.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ga ... f0e7d974d0
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:12 pm

0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:23 pm

https://www.theroot.com/a-virginia-poli ... 1833432682

A Virginia school resource officer has been identified as an active member of the white nationalist group Identity Evropa. In fact, it appears he was in charge of guiding new recruits through the application process.

According to the Huffington Post, Daniel Morley, a 31-year-old cop working at L.C. Bird High School, was identified by anti-fascist activists, also known as antifa, who pored over Identity Evropa’s leaked group chat logs. The data was published by independent media organization Unicorn Riot.

Antifa reached out to the Richmond Times-Dispatch last week to tip the paper about Morley’s affiliation, reports The Hill. The organization alleged that Morley, who was hired by Bird High School within the last year, has been a neo-Nazi for more than a decade. According to the Daily Beast, Morley had been posting on Identity Evropa’s private chat server since at least 2017, and on Stormfront, another white nationalist platform, since 2009.

Bird High school, where Morley was charged with keeping kids safe, is a majority minority school, with black students making up 38 percent of the student body. Latinx students comprise 16 percent, while white students are 39 percent of the school’s total student population, according to U.S. News and World Report.

The presence of police in schools with large black populations is concerning enough, particularly as data shows black students consistently face higher rates of suspension, expulsion and arrest than their white peers. Even when police don’t openly identify as white nationalists, a fundamental and disturbing racial inequity persists in our schools.

The Times-Dispatch reported Monday that Morley has been suspended from his duties at the high school; Chesterfield County Police have also recommended Morley be fired.
0 x

JennieGarthAlgar
All-Star

Postby JennieGarthAlgar » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:27 pm

0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:29 pm

JennieGarthAlgar wrote:"Office involved shooting"

https://www.centredaily.com/news/local/ ... 80514.html

5 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

JennieGarthAlgar
All-Star

Postby JennieGarthAlgar » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:33 pm

0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:55 pm

1 x

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:11 pm

Hope it was Nellie
0 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:59 am

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:Image

He did it!
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Wed May 08, 2019 4:23 am

NSFW
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Wed May 08, 2019 10:10 pm

This could also go in the journalism thread.

0 x

Return to “Social”