Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:51 am

Those are some horsefeathers up Twitter accounts, OMC.
0 x

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:01 pm

It's sad. A poorly organized system advocates this type of violence against blacks followed by a group who blend with blend peaceful protesters to destroy and now it's devolved to regular citizens using the same warped mindset that created this mess.
0 x
"It was kind of weird to look in the mirror the first time I tried my hat on." - Mark Bellhorn

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:08 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Those are some horsefeathers up Twitter accounts, OMC.

No idea about the accounts, they were just the top results coming up for a Kenosha search last night when I was trying to find footage of what was happening.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:15 pm

CNN reporting 2 dead, 3 injured in Kenosha last night

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/26/us/kenos ... index.html
0 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:38 pm

Derwood wrote:CNN reporting 2 dead, 3 injured in Kenosha last night

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/26/us/kenos ... index.html

Article says 2 dead and 1 wounded. All 3 were shot by the same idiot. I suspect the guy shot in the arm might lose it, that was a horrific wound.
0 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:49 pm

Shooter is a freaking kid!

0 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:24 pm

OleMissCub wrote:https://twitter.com/elijahschaffer/status/1298488890731397120?s=21

This one is just whoa. Don’t watch if you’re squeamish. What a nightmare. You can see/hear the guy that got shot yell fvck you and charge the guy with the gun and then you can hear/see the guy with a gun running away on the phone say he just shot someone

god dammit man
2 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:09 pm

OleMissCub wrote:

No idea about the accounts, they were just the top results coming up for a Kenosha search last night when I was trying to find footage of what was happening.

IMO it's not a bad idea to take the time to vet your sources instead of rushing to post ASAP. Just serves to give some truly vile people the clicks/exposure they shouldn't be getting. It's not like this is an event that is going to be wanting for sources of information and breaking news.
1 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:29 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:

IMO it's not a bad idea to take the time to vet your sources instead of rushing to post ASAP. Just serves to give some truly vile people the clicks/exposure they shouldn't be getting. It's not like this is an event that is going to be wanting for sources of information and breaking news.

Noted.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:46 pm

I'm reading reports that this kid was arrested, but it says he was arrested in IL and it's an Lake County, IL complaint?

Can someone explain this to me like I'm an idiot, or are reports just wrong?
0 x

SpongeWorthy
Superstar

Postby SpongeWorthy » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:50 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:I'm reading reports that this kid was arrested, but it says he was arrested in IL and it's an Lake County, IL complaint?

i think he's from antioch

just like most of my relatives i've blocked on facebook
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:52 pm

Just a few bad apples tho'
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:19 pm

SpongeWorthy wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:I'm reading reports that this kid was arrested, but it says he was arrested in IL and it's an Lake County, IL complaint?

Right but he needs to be charged in WI, right?

For clarity the most legit place I've seen report it didn't mention the charges, but other places mentioned Lake County IL Court records/complaints.

For instance this was what IMB liked on Twitter which was the first place I saw it.
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:29 pm

So will the GOP pay his bail so he can speak at the RNC? The "thugs who do property crime deserve to be shot!" crowd are super pumped today.
0 x

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:38 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
SpongeWorthy wrote:

For clarity the most legit place I've seen report it didn't mention the charges, but other places mentioned Lake County IL Court records/complaints.

For instance this was what IMB liked on Twitter which was the first place I saw it.

He will be brought back to WI. His militia group will hopefully be dissolved as well. It should be noted the Kenosha PD were seen thanking that group and giving them water right before the incident took place.

This kid belonged to a similar explorer's program that was run by fellow Antioch resident GI Joe (he ran the one out of neighboring Fox Lake).
0 x
"It was kind of weird to look in the mirror the first time I tried my hat on." - Mark Bellhorn

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:41 pm

UK wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:
SpongeWorthy wrote:

He will be brought back to WI. His militia group will hopefully be dissolved as well. It should be noted the Kenosha PD were seen thanking that group and giving them water right before the incident took place.

This kid belonged to a similar explorer's program that was run by fellow Antioch resident GI Joe (he ran the one out of neighboring Fox Lake).

So is this like IL arresting him on behalf of a warrant from Kenosha PD? Just curious why it's processed through Lake County courts since that's not where the crime was.

Basically a lifetime of procedural cop shows arguing "this isn't your jurisdiction!" has left me a mostly legal idiot.
0 x

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:44 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
UK wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:Right but he needs to be charged in WI, right?

So is this like IL arresting him on behalf of a warrant from Kenosha PD? Just curious why it's processed through Lake County courts since that's not where the crime was.

Basically a lifetime of procedural cop shows arguing "this isn't your jurisdiction!" has left me a mostly legal idiot.

The extradition process will be held in Waukegan after that it's all Kenosha.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:45 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
UK wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:Right but he needs to be charged in WI, right?

I'm confused about your confusion. Murderers are arrested in states other than the one they committed the murder in all the time. Kenosha cops can't come into Illinois to make the arrest, but the local police can, then process him through the courts to be extradited to Wisconsin to face trial for the murder.
2 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:50 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:I'm confused about your confusion. Murderers are arrested in states other than the one they committed the murder in all the time. Kenosha cops can't come into Illinois to make the arrest, but the local police can, then process him through the courts to be extradited to Wisconsin to face trial for the murder.

I've definitely done a poor job explaining my confusion. Yea, I definitely vaguely have an idea about extradition across jurisdictions.

I've seen several places mention murder charges AND Lake County records, in the same place. I haven't seen any place actually mention the court records from WI.
0 x

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:08 pm

a 17 year old walking around in the street with an assault rifle should be a wake up call, but that call actually happened and was ignored 50 school shootings ago.
3 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:08 pm

I learned long ago to never ever under any circumstances click on ANY video posted by OMC
1 x

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:16 pm

What did he order from Burger King?

ETA: I didn't steal this from Twitter.
2 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:05 pm

In some good police-related news, my son went to court today to fight a "careless driving" ticket he received a couple months ago. The officer claimed on the witness stand that my son had squealed tires in excess of several seconds. My son kindly pointed out during his turn that his car has traction control and will not allow that to happen. Charges were dismissed.
7 x

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:29 pm

8 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

Brian707
All-Star

Postby Brian707 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:48 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote: The officer claimed on the witness stand that my son had squealed tires in excess of several seconds.

2 x

Return to “Social”