Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Banedon
Curse You!

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Postby Banedon » Mon May 01, 2017 4:04 pm

Holy horsefeathers.

http://www.theroot.com/jordan-edwards-1 ... 1794790985

Cops are called to break up a drunken party, fire shots into a carload of unarmed kids that were "backing down the road toward officers in an aggressive manner". None of the kids were charged with anything, however. 15yo passenger was killed when one of the officers bullets struck him in the head.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue May 02, 2017 12:48 pm

Banedon wrote:Holy horsefeathers.

Cops are called to break up a drunken party, fire shots into a carload of unarmed kids that were "backing down the road toward officers in an aggressive manner". None of the kids were charged with anything, however. 15yo passenger was killed when one of the officers bullets struck him in the head.

Update: The police lied. Video shows the car was driving away from them, not backing towards them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/01/us/d ... .html?_r=0
0 x

javy knows my name
previously Beertown Cubbie

Postby javy knows my name » Tue May 02, 2017 1:22 pm

Banedon wrote:

Update: The police lied. Video shows the car was driving away from them, not backing towards them.

0 x
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue May 02, 2017 1:38 pm

Banedon wrote:

Holy horsefeathers.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue May 02, 2017 2:02 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Banedon wrote:

Holy horsefeathers.

Yep, and they still haven't identified the officer that murdered this poor kid.

Oh, it wasn't like the cop was shooting his sidearm...he was using a rifle.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue May 02, 2017 2:11 pm

Banedon wrote:

meaning they haven't publicly disclosed?
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue May 02, 2017 2:14 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Banedon wrote:

Correct. I could have worded that better. The officer is on administrative leave, and it was his bodycam that showed the car was never backing toward the officer.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue May 02, 2017 2:21 pm

Banedon wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
Banedon wrote:

Correct. I could have worded that better. The officer is on administrative leave, and it was his bodycam that showed the car was never backing toward the officer.

I'm sure his union reps are pissed at the body cam, unless it's a non-white or female officer.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Tue May 02, 2017 4:48 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Banedon wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:meaning they haven't publicly disclosed?

I'm sure his union reps are pissed at the body cam, unless it's a non-white or female officer.

Must have been out of electrical tape.
0 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Wed May 03, 2017 1:06 am

No charges in Alton Sterling shooting. Red Stick is about to explode I bet
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Sat May 06, 2017 12:11 am

An arrest warrant for murder was issued Friday for a former Dallas-area police officer in the fatal shooting of 15-year-old Jordan Edwards, according to the Dallas County Sheriff's Department.
0 x

javy knows my name
previously Beertown Cubbie

Postby javy knows my name » Sat May 06, 2017 2:20 am

Still no horsefeathering name
0 x
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Sat May 06, 2017 11:18 am

Castro's Spray Chart wrote:Still no horsefeathering name

Roy Oliver. He turned himself in, and was released on bail.

0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Sun May 07, 2017 4:28 pm

Banedon wrote:
Castro's Spray Chart wrote:Still no horsefeathering name

Roy Oliver. He turned himself in, and was released on bail.

I'm sure all the countless times he fantasized about killing a perp the fantasy never ended like this.
0 x

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Fri May 19, 2017 5:24 am

in shocking news, cop acquitted of killing unarmed black person.

https://www.readfrontier.org/stories/ju ... er-patrol/

He said that while he never came out and said he felt Shelby was guilty, he will always regret not “hanging the jury.”

“At one point I talked with another juror about just hanging the jury, and making the state try the case again,” he said. “We really agreed that if they did a better job, they could have convicted her. And maybe the right thing to do was just make them do it again, maybe they do something different and a different jury convicts her.

“I’ll always feel like a coward for not doing that.”

He said jurors had no idea how long they would be required to stay in the deliberation room. As tiredness and hunger set it, votes started to trend toward not guilty.

“We took a vote pretty early on and it was six not guilty, two guilty and four undecided,” he said. “We did it again and it was … seven not guilty, three guilty and two undecided. The next time we voted, we kind of went around the table and we all were supposed to explain our position. When it got to me I kind of felt like I should commit one way, and I committed to not guilty.”

He said that jurors all agreed that the second charging option — first-degree manslaughter resisting criminal attempt — was more likely to return a guilty verdict. But when even that started to trend toward not guilty, it quickly became obvious they would acquit.

“We also didn’t know how long we would have to deliberate,” he said. “We were thinking ‘How long do we have to stay in here before they do a mistrial? I was kind of irritated because I was hungry, I was tired — we all were — and we kind of felt that we needed to just come to a decision.”

hey i mean maybe she was guilty, but i hadn't eaten in like four hours so horsefeathers it.
0 x
Fred Hornkohl wrote:Go CUBS !!

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri May 19, 2017 2:17 pm

Boy, 12 Hungry, Sleepy Men & Women is a REAL letdown.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri May 19, 2017 9:05 pm

technically probably an idiot with a gun, but he once had a badge

0 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Sat May 20, 2017 3:28 am

TruffleShuffle wrote:in shocking news, cop acquitted of killing unarmed black person.

https://www.readfrontier.org/stories/ju ... er-patrol/

He said that while he never came out and said he felt Shelby was guilty, he will always regret not “hanging the jury.”

“At one point I talked with another juror about just hanging the jury, and making the state try the case again,” he said. “We really agreed that if they did a better job, they could have convicted her. And maybe the right thing to do was just make them do it again, maybe they do something different and a different jury convicts her.

“I’ll always feel like a coward for not doing that.”

He said jurors had no idea how long they would be required to stay in the deliberation room. As tiredness and hunger set it, votes started to trend toward not guilty.

“We took a vote pretty early on and it was six not guilty, two guilty and four undecided,” he said. “We did it again and it was … seven not guilty, three guilty and two undecided. The next time we voted, we kind of went around the table and we all were supposed to explain our position. When it got to me I kind of felt like I should commit one way, and I committed to not guilty.”

He said that jurors all agreed that the second charging option — first-degree manslaughter resisting criminal attempt — was more likely to return a guilty verdict. But when even that started to trend toward not guilty, it quickly became obvious they would acquit.

“We also didn’t know how long we would have to deliberate,” he said. “We were thinking ‘How long do we have to stay in here before they do a mistrial? I was kind of irritated because I was hungry, I was tired — we all were — and we kind of felt that we needed to just come to a decision.”

hey i mean maybe she was guilty, but i hadn't eaten in like four hours so horsefeathers it.

Guess who wrote that
10 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Sat May 20, 2017 4:36 am

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:Guess who wrote that

4 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed May 24, 2017 2:32 pm

This story is total horsefeathering [expletive] and makes me so angry...stole a tv...got 5 years(!) probation...mistakenly identified as a suspect in a robbery...found not guilty...but judge revokes probation...goes to prison for 7 years!

http://www.theroot.com/black-man-found- ... 1795475956
0 x

Exile on Waveland
5-Time All-Star

Postby Exile on Waveland » Wed May 24, 2017 5:06 pm

Banedon wrote:This story is total horsefeathering [expletive] and makes me so angry...stole a tv...got 5 years(!) probation...mistakenly identified as a suspect in a robbery...found not guilty...but judge revokes probation...goes to prison for 7 years!

You're going to have to explain to me why five years probation (no jail time, evidently) for breaking and entering into a person's home is an outrage.
0 x
SouthSideRyan wrote:AWESOME INDIANA IT'S THE GREATEST

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed May 24, 2017 5:43 pm

Exile on Waveland wrote:
Banedon wrote:This story is total horsefeathering [expletive] and makes me so angry...stole a tv...got 5 years(!) probation...mistakenly identified as a suspect in a robbery...found not guilty...but judge revokes probation...goes to prison for 7 years!

You're going to have to explain to me why five years probation (no jail time, evidently) for breaking and entering into a person's home is an outrage.

No, I don't. Because that's a teeny tiny itty bitty piece of the outrage that you should've gotten from reading that story.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed May 24, 2017 5:45 pm

Banedon wrote:
Exile on Waveland wrote:

No, I don't. Because that's a teeny tiny itty bitty piece of the outrage that you should've gotten from reading that story.

Yeah, I'd say 5 years probation seems reasonable but the jail sentence after not guilty is outrageous.
0 x

Exile on Waveland
5-Time All-Star

Postby Exile on Waveland » Wed May 24, 2017 5:51 pm

Banedon wrote:
Exile on Waveland wrote:

The rest of the story appears to be an indefensible outrage.

But you editorialized on his initial sentence with an "!" and the linked article eventually refers to that as an "injustice." You also misrepresented his crime (and the article seems to attempt to blur this line) because his initial crime wasn't theft, it was burglary.

I see no reason why we cannot hold two thoughts in our head at the same time, and address both assertions.
0 x
SouthSideRyan wrote:AWESOME INDIANA IT'S THE GREATEST

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed May 24, 2017 5:58 pm

Exile on Waveland wrote:
Banedon wrote:
Exile on Waveland wrote:

The rest of the story appears to be an indefensible outrage.

But you editorialized on his initial sentence with an "!" and the linked article eventually refers to that as an "injustice." You also misrepresented his crime (and the article seems to attempt to blur this line) because his initial crime wasn't theft, it was burglary.

I see no reason why we cannot hold two thoughts in our head at the same time, and address both assertions.

I think it's too much. But I'm not a lawyer...I don't know what's typical for that situation, and so I can't argue the case with anything other than my own feeling on it. Maybe it's right on...I couldn't really say. And it's not an argument I'm interested in having.
0 x

Return to “Social”