Page 11 of 17

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:01 pm
by Sammy Sofa
imb, what's the deal with this white nonsense?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/shannon-kep ... emey-lake/

TULSA, Okla. -- For the third time in less than a year a jury deadlocked on Friday and forced a mistrial in the murder case of a white former Oklahoma police officer accused of killing his daughter's black boyfriend, astonishing prosecutors and frustrating the boyfriend's family.

Judge Sharon Holmes declared the mistrial after four hours of jury deliberations over the fate of former Tulsa police officer Shannon Kepler. He was accused of fatally shooting 19-year-old Jeremey Lake in August 2014, not long after Lake started dating Kepler's then-18-year-old daughter, Lisa.

Tulsa County District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler said he was shocked that a mistrial was declared after such short jury deliberations.

"I've never encountered a dynamic like this in 25 years of practice," Kunzweiler said after the mistrial was declared. "In my opinion, there should be some compulsion placed on jurors to reach a verdict."

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:31 pm
by TBS Playoffs Insider
TruffleShuffle wrote:

pulled over the wrong person for DWB.


lol that cop's nervous laughter

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:32 pm
by TBS Playoffs Insider
Sammy Sofa wrote:imb, what's the deal with this white nonsense?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/shannon-kep ... emey-lake/

TULSA, Okla. -- For the third time in less than a year a jury deadlocked on Friday and forced a mistrial in the murder case of a white former Oklahoma police officer accused of killing his daughter's black boyfriend, astonishing prosecutors and frustrating the boyfriend's family.

Judge Sharon Holmes declared the mistrial after four hours of jury deliberations over the fate of former Tulsa police officer Shannon Kepler. He was accused of fatally shooting 19-year-old Jeremey Lake in August 2014, not long after Lake started dating Kepler's then-18-year-old daughter, Lisa.

Tulsa County District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler said he was shocked that a mistrial was declared after such short jury deliberations.

"I've never encountered a dynamic like this in 25 years of practice," Kunzweiler said after the mistrial was declared. "In my opinion, there should be some compulsion placed on jurors to reach a verdict."


i have no idea! they even got a lesser-included in, which they tried to do during the second trial but weren't allowed. I thought for sure with manslaughter on the table there would be a conviction.

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:42 pm
by Banedon
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:imb, what's the deal with this white nonsense?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/shannon-kep ... emey-lake/

TULSA, Okla. -- For the third time in less than a year a jury deadlocked on Friday and forced a mistrial in the murder case of a white former Oklahoma police officer accused of killing his daughter's black boyfriend, astonishing prosecutors and frustrating the boyfriend's family.

Judge Sharon Holmes declared the mistrial after four hours of jury deliberations over the fate of former Tulsa police officer Shannon Kepler. He was accused of fatally shooting 19-year-old Jeremey Lake in August 2014, not long after Lake started dating Kepler's then-18-year-old daughter, Lisa.

Tulsa County District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler said he was shocked that a mistrial was declared after such short jury deliberations.

"I've never encountered a dynamic like this in 25 years of practice," Kunzweiler said after the mistrial was declared. "In my opinion, there should be some compulsion placed on jurors to reach a verdict."


i have no idea! they even got a lesser-included in, which they tried to do during the second trial but weren't allowed. I thought for sure with manslaughter on the table there would be a conviction.


Oklahoma is getting a reputation as a save haven for cops that kill black people.

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:09 pm
by Derwood
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:
TruffleShuffle wrote:

pulled over the wrong person for DWB.


lol that cop's nervous laughter


"I don't have a tint measurer on me.......for your windows, of course! HA HA HA! Not your skin. Because....that would be.....have a good day m'am"

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:11 pm
by jersey cubs fan
Banedon wrote:
USA is getting a reputation as a save haven for cops that kill black people.

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:20 pm
by TBS Playoffs Insider
Banedon wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:imb, what's the deal with this white nonsense?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/shannon-kep ... emey-lake/



i have no idea! they even got a lesser-included in, which they tried to do during the second trial but weren't allowed. I thought for sure with manslaughter on the table there would be a conviction.


Oklahoma is getting a reputation as a save haven for cops that kill black people.


Hey, we actually got a conviction on one!

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:15 pm
by Ding Dong Johnson
that video alone makes every body cam ever worth it

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:17 pm
by Sammy Sofa
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/bettyshe ... c2317.html

Betty Shelby has resigned from the Tulsa Police Department, according to a statement she released through her union Friday morning.

Shelby was a field officer when she fatally shot Terence Crutcher last fall, and she was suspended from her job until a jury acquitted her of manslaughter in May. TPD then moved her to an administrative position and removed her from patrol work.

"Since being reinstated, I have found that sitting behind a desk, isolated from all my fellow officers and the citizens of Tulsa, is not for me," Shelby said in a written statement published by the Tulsa Fraternal Order of Police on its Facebook page.


http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/14/us/tulsa- ... index.html

"As I have stated before, the incident with Terence Crutcher was a tragedy for everyone involved, and I am sorry he lost his life," she wrote.


"Sorry he lost his life?" YOU SHOT AND KILLED HIM.

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:51 pm
by Banedon
Gosh it's so boring behind this desk. I need the excitement of killing people to keep me interested in my job.

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:18 pm
by SouthSideRyan
Sammy Sofa wrote:http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/bettyshelby/betty-shelby-resigns-from-tulsa-police-after-reassignment-to-desk/article_a71615c0-6c42-55d3-b48a-9005721c2317.html

Betty Shelby has resigned from the Tulsa Police Department, according to a statement she released through her union Friday morning.

Shelby was a field officer when she fatally shot Terence Crutcher last fall, and she was suspended from her job until a jury acquitted her of manslaughter in May. TPD then moved her to an administrative position and removed her from patrol work.

"Since being reinstated, I have found that sitting behind a desk, isolated from all my fellow officers and the citizens of Tulsa, is not for me," Shelby said in a written statement published by the Tulsa Fraternal Order of Police on its Facebook page.


http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/14/us/tulsa- ... index.html

"As I have stated before, the incident with Terence Crutcher was a tragedy for everyone involved, and I am sorry he lost his life," she wrote.


"Sorry he lost his life?" YOU SHOT AND KILLED HIM.


I don't think you're contemplating how this is a tragedy for her too you jerk.

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:23 pm
by weis21
i predict she'll go on to have a lucrative real estate career selling houses to racist people that have heard her story and feel for her. plus they would then have a story to tell people that are coming over to their barbecues. "hey, you remember that cop that shot that out-of-control black guy? she sold me my house"

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:26 pm
by SouthSideRyan
I just assumed her GoFundMe set her up for early retirement.

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:32 pm
by weis21
SouthSideRyan wrote:I just assumed her GoFundMe set her up for early retirement.

also plausible

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:57 pm
by CubinNY
I hardly ever think about it, well, because I'm White, but I could not imagine raising a son in this country if I were Black.

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:30 pm
by minnesotacubsfan
Banedon wrote:Gosh it's so boring behind this desk. I need the excitement of killing people to keep me interested in my job.


ITS LIKE YOU READ MY MIND

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:10 pm
by Derwood
http://www.npr.org/2017/07/17/537677335 ... le-assault

Around 11:30 p.m. CT Saturday, two Minneapolis police officers responded to a 911 call of a possible assault in south Minneapolis. One officer shot and killed the woman.

According to the bureau, the two officers did not have their body cameras turned on, nor did the squad camera record the fatal shooting.


Terrific

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:33 pm
by jersey cubs fan
Derwood wrote:http://www.npr.org/2017/07/17/537677335/minnesota-woman-killed-by-police-officer-after-call-of-possible-assault

Around 11:30 p.m. CT Saturday, two Minneapolis police officers responded to a 911 call of a possible assault in south Minneapolis. One officer shot and killed the woman.

According to the bureau, the two officers did not have their body cameras turned on, nor did the squad camera record the fatal shooting.


Terrific

this should proceed swimmingly
Local media are identifying the Minnesota police officer who shot and killed an Australian woman over the weekend as Mohamed Noor.

Justine Damond died late Saturday night in southwest Minneapolis shortly after family members say she called 911 to report a possible assault in the alley near her house.

Authorities haven't identified the officers involved yet. But WCCO-TV, citing his attorney Tom Plunkett, identified the officer who fired his weapon as Noor. The Minneapolis Star Tribune and KSTP-TV, citing unidentified sources, also identified the officer as Noor.

Noor is a Somali-American officer who joined the department two years ago.

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:55 pm
by NonProfitCow







Image

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:24 am
by Banedon
Damn...I know there's good cops but it's awfully horsefeathering hard to trust any of them at this point.

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:28 am
by Derwood
Isn't there enough actual crime out there that they don't need to create phony crimes?

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:39 am
by TruffleShuffle
jersey cubs fan wrote:
Derwood wrote:http://www.npr.org/2017/07/17/537677335/minnesota-woman-killed-by-police-officer-after-call-of-possible-assault

Around 11:30 p.m. CT Saturday, two Minneapolis police officers responded to a 911 call of a possible assault in south Minneapolis. One officer shot and killed the woman.

According to the bureau, the two officers did not have their body cameras turned on, nor did the squad camera record the fatal shooting.


Terrific

this should proceed swimmingly
Local media are identifying the Minnesota police officer who shot and killed an Australian woman over the weekend as Mohamed Noor.

Justine Damond died late Saturday night in southwest Minneapolis shortly after family members say she called 911 to report a possible assault in the alley near her house.

Authorities haven't identified the officers involved yet. But WCCO-TV, citing his attorney Tom Plunkett, identified the officer who fired his weapon as Noor. The Minneapolis Star Tribune and KSTP-TV, citing unidentified sources, also identified the officer as Noor.

Noor is a Somali-American officer who joined the department two years ago.


not surprisingly, racists have quickly pivoted from "blue lives matter, defend the badge, nobody is going to get hurt if you just listen to the cops" to "this was a bad shoot by an affirmative action hire."


Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:58 am
by Derwood
Diversity hires? So only white dudes (preferably fat and with mustaches) should be cops?

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:17 am
by David
Derwood wrote:Diversity hires? So only white dudes (preferably fat and with mustaches) should be cops?


Are you familiar with racists?

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:03 am
by TruffleShuffle


phew, thankfully they were able to neutralize that threat. :roll: