Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Postby Derwood » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:16 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:

Paid leave incoming
0 x

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:03 am

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/25/us/new-orleans-police-officers-arrested/index.html

Two off-duty New Orleans police officers were arrested after allegedly assaulting a man outside a bar early Tuesday, according to the New Orleans Police Department.

The two officers involved in the incident, John Galman and Spencer Sutton, were both arrested and charged with simple battery, and termination proceedings have begun for both, police said in a statement.

The victim, Jorge Gomez, told CNN affiliate WDSU that he had been at a bar in his New Orleans neighborhood when two men began to question him over his nationality and military service.

"He told me I was a fake American," Gomez said, appearing visibly swollen with stitches on his forehead. "And that I wasn't in the National Guard either. I told him I served a tour of duty in Iraq."

How is this not a hate crime? Had it been anyone but a police officer, it would have been.
0 x
1) Make election day a federal holiday.
2) Enact National Popular Vote.

https://www.nationalpopularvote.com/

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:46 pm

0 x

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:32 pm

"one of the assisting officers drove into the area and Docks ran into the path of his vehicle, the officer jammed his brakes to avoid hitting Docks but his car slid into the passenger’s side, rear quarter panel area"

That's a really fancy way of saying "Attempted Vehicular Homicide".
1 x

NOLA
All-Star

Postby NOLA » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:54 pm

UK wrote:https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/25/us/new-orleans-police-officers-arrested/index.html

Two off-duty New Orleans police officers were arrested after allegedly assaulting a man outside a bar early Tuesday, according to the New Orleans Police Department.

The two officers involved in the incident, John Galman and Spencer Sutton, were both arrested and charged with simple battery, and termination proceedings have begun for both, police said in a statement.

The victim, Jorge Gomez, told CNN affiliate WDSU that he had been at a bar in his New Orleans neighborhood when two men began to question him over his nationality and military service.

"He told me I was a fake American," Gomez said, appearing visibly swollen with stitches on his forehead. "And that I wasn't in the National Guard either. I told him I served a tour of duty in Iraq."

How is this not a hate crime? Had it been anyone but a police officer, it would have been.

It looks like they may be charged with a hate crime now. Have fun in jail douchebags.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:59 pm

This one is all kinds of nuts.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/he-saved- ... t-him-dead

When a nude stranger broke into his Colorado home and tried to drown his 11-year-old grandson, Richard “Gary” Black bolted into action, grabbing his gun and killing the unrelenting intruder. Soon, Black would be dead too—at the hands of local police.

“This is a horror movie scenario,” Siddhartha Rathod, who is representing Black’s family, told The Denver Post. “There’s no question Mr. Black is a hero, that Mr. Black saved his grandson’s life. This truly is a tragedy.”

It all began early Monday morning, when a naked man pushed through Black’s front door and entered the Aurora home. The intruder pulled the sleeping 11-year-old off the couch, then attempted to strangle him and drown him in a bathtub.

Black, a 73-year-old decorated war veteran, fought back with his stepson, Chad Hayashi, but the naked man refused to back down, continuing to attack the boy and smashing a vase over Black’s head. The grandfather, who had a concealed-carry permit, then fatally shot the intruder with his 9mm pistol, an attorney for his family told The Denver Post.

The situation then took an unthinkably tragic turn. When Aurora Police Department officers arrived at the scene at about 1:30 a.m., a cop shot and killed Black, whom authorities said was still armed. The department later issued a statement saying the scene was “chaotic and violent” when cops arrived.

Black was taken to the hospital after he was shot, and later died. The man who entered his home was found dead on the floor of the bathroom.

Black was a former Army lieutenant and received a Purple Heart and Bronze Star for fighting in the Vietnam War. After the war, he became an Internal Revenue Service agent and was a certified public accountant in Colorado.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:12 am

The only way to stop a good guy with a gun is an even better guy with a gun.
0 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:23 am

Judges kinda have badges right

0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:52 pm

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:47 pm

Jersey City cop arrested for beating the crap out of bar patron in Hoboken.

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:53 pm

https://splinternews.com/cop-who-killed ... 1828649680

The former Tulsa, OK, police officer who shot and killed unarmed black motorist Terence Crutcher in 2016 has entered a new phase of her professional law enforcement career—teaching other cops how to “survive” incidents where they shoot other people.

Betty Shelby, who was charged with manslaughter for the roadside killing of Crutcher, is scheduled to begin teaching a class entitled “Surviving the Aftermath of a Critical Incident” at the Tulsa County Sheriff’s office on Tuesday. Shelby was acquitted last year; after being reassigned to a desk job within the Tulsa police force, she subsequently took a position with the nearby Rogers County Sheriff’s Department.

Speaking with KTUL in May, Shelby described her course:

"I have a class that I teach to officers to give them the tools to survive such events, and it’s a way of surviving financially, how to survive legally, emotionally and physically.... Our life is not the same. It will never be the same again. We have our new normal and that new normal has so many different aspects to it and it’s what we live with."

The grim irony of a white police officer giving pointers on “how to survive legally, emotionally, and physically” after killing an unarmed black man was not lost on many in the community, who showed up the day before her class began to protest Shelby’s return to Tulsa.

WHITE PEOPLE REDEMPTION TOUR '18!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 x

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:10 pm

I was waiting for the imb story before discussing.
0 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:03 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/29/us/texas ... index.html

When a judge read the guilty verdict in the police shooting of unarmed black teen Jordan Edwards in Texas, the victim's family gasped and sobbed.

"Thank you Jesus," someone muttered as relatives embraced in the packed courtroom Tuesday.

After hours of deliberations, a jury had found Roy Oliver guilty of murder in last year's shooting death of the 15-year-old in a Dallas suburb. The sentencing phase started after the verdict, and will resume Wednesday morning.

3 x

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:30 pm

I was reading up on that story and it seems like a lot of what swayed the court was his partner not caving into his [expletive]. Dude said he saw the car coming at his partner and felt like his life was in danger and the only thing he could do was fire into the vehicle. His partner said that did not seem like the case and that he didn't feel like his life was in danger and that he didn't feel the need for firearms was necessary. As common sense as it seems to say stuff like that for a cop to just come out and be like "Nah, he's full of horsefeathers" is not something I would've expected. It's so horsefeathers up that entire forces will throw themselves onto the grenade of someone's bloodlust just because they wear the uniform.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:39 pm

Banedon wrote:https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/29/us/texas-jordan-edwards-death-sentencing-phase/index.html

When a judge read the guilty verdict in the police shooting of unarmed black teen Jordan Edwards in Texas, the victim's family gasped and sobbed.

"Thank you Jesus," someone muttered as relatives embraced in the packed courtroom Tuesday.

After hours of deliberations, a jury had found Roy Oliver guilty of murder in last year's shooting death of the 15-year-old in a Dallas suburb. The sentencing phase started after the verdict, and will resume Wednesday morning.

He got 15 years.
0 x

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:16 pm

Banedon wrote:
Banedon wrote:https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/29/us/texas-jordan-edwards-death-sentencing-phase/index.html

He got 15 years.

horsefeathers should've gotten more.
0 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:06 pm

this is absurd

0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:22 pm

How the horsefeathers do you think someone else's apartment is your own? "Oh, horsefeathers; this guy broke in...AND COMPLETELY REDECORATED AND MOVED EVERYTHING AROUND AND PUT DIFFERENT horsefeathers ON THE WALLS, etc., etc., etc.?"
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:25 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:How the horsefeathers do you think someone else's apartment is your own?

You've been on an after shift bender with your buddies for the last 6 hours.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:26 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:How the horsefeathers do you think someone else's apartment is your own? "Oh, horsefeathers; this guy broke in...AND COMPLETELY REDECORATED AND MOVED EVERYTHING AROUND AND PUT DIFFERENT horsefeathers ON THE WALLS, etc., etc., etc.?"

Mr. Monk goes to the asylum
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:27 pm

Yep in my experience of mistaken apartments it requires some good old serious drug or alcohol induced confusion.
0 x

Thurman Merman
Starter

Postby Thurman Merman » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:39 pm

Open and shut case, Johnson.

Now let's sprinkle some crack dust on him and get out of here.
3 x

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:28 am

0 x

JennieGarthAlgar
All-Star

Postby JennieGarthAlgar » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:23 pm

I am actually surprised FoxNews is running a picture of him in a suit and tie
0 x

Brian707
All-Star

Postby Brian707 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:28 pm

JennieGarthAlgar wrote:I am actually surprised FoxNews is running a picture of him in a suit and tie

It's a local Fox station not the State News channel
0 x

Return to “Social”