Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Re: Guess what an idiot with a badge did this time...

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:29 pm

Brian707 wrote:
JennieGarthAlgar wrote:I am actually surprised FoxNews is running a picture of him in a suit and tie

It's a local Fox station not the State News channel

It's owned and operated by the Fox parent, rather than a local affiliate.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:35 pm

horsefeathering infuriating garbage vicitm-blaming that serves zero purpose outside of trying to protect a cop.

You KNEW this was the kind of thing they were going to be desperately scouring for and then pouncing on. Who gives a horsefeathers if the guy had some weed in his place?

horsefeathers this.
1 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:36 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:horsefeathering infuriating garbage vicitm-blaming that serves zero purpose outside of trying to protect a cop.

You KNEW this was the kind of thing they were going to be desperately scouring for and then pouncing on. Who gives a horsefeathers if the guy had some weed in his place?

horsefeathers this.

It's even more galling because the woman has BEEN CHARGED. Even the cops aren't defending this horsefeathers.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:41 pm

Gee, it's real weird we don't know what they found when they searched her place. Huh. Must just be a coincidence.
1 x

Old Style
5-Time All-Star

Postby Old Style » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:39 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Gee, it's real weird we don't know what they found when they searched her place. Huh. Must just be a coincidence.

She's already moved out before any search warrant was issued.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:58 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Gee, it's real weird we don't know what they found when they searched her place. Huh. Must just be a coincidence.

I put the odds at greater than 50% that she and/or the Dallas PD planted horsefeathers. I expect there might be a mysterious firearm that randomly shows up.
0 x
1) Make election day a federal holiday.
2) Enact National Popular Vote.

https://www.nationalpopularvote.com/

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:15 pm

UK wrote:

I put the odds at greater than 50% that she and/or the Dallas PD planted horsefeathers. I expect there might be a mysterious firearm that randomly shows up.

I'm sure it was planted and am shocked they restrained themselves to just planting weed.
0 x

Old Style
5-Time All-Star

Postby Old Style » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:29 pm

So apparently she had called in several noise complaints against him, including earlier that day. Accident, my ass.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:20 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Brian707 wrote:
JennieGarthAlgar wrote:I am actually surprised FoxNews is running a picture of him in a suit and tie

It's a local Fox station not the State News channel

It's owned and operated by the Fox parent, rather than a local affiliate.

a friend of mine is a reporter at that station and it is essentially fox news
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:09 am

I hate this horsefeathering thread. I have pot at my place too right now but I'm white. are you going to kill me too?

go horsefeathers yourself oklahoma
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:47 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:I hate this horsefeathering thread. I have pot at my place too right now but I'm white. are you going to kill me too?

go horsefeathers yourself oklahoma

Oklahoma sucks but that has nothing to do with this story of a dallas murder cop
4 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:58 pm

ahhhh...reading. I'll try it sometime.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:10 pm

0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:15 pm

This POS has been photographed like 300 times wearing his bulletproof vest outside the courthouse. This is some pathetic PR stunt isn't it? I don't remember seeing many other high profile cases with the defendant wearing a vest every damn day. Is this common?

0 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:19 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:This POS has been photographed like 300 times wearing his bulletproof vest outside the courthouse. This is some pathetic PR stunt isn't it? I don't remember seeing many other high profile cases with the defendant wearing a vest every damn day. Is this common?

it's a PR stunt that is easily hand-wavable away by saying "we're just taking all precautions."

I know a former DA who used to take his gun into the courtroom for high-profile murder cases and another who would wear his bullet-proof vest into every hearing involving a gang member.
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:22 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:This POS has been photographed like 300 times wearing his bulletproof vest outside the courthouse. This is some pathetic PR stunt isn't it? I don't remember seeing many other high profile cases with the defendant wearing a vest every damn day. Is this common?

I'm sure we all remember Betty Shelby (terence crutcher shooting.) When she would be brought into the courtroom, or from the courthouse to her waiting vehicle, she would be flanked full-circle by cops/deputies/security so that photographers couldn't take pictures of her. When I brought it up to the sheriff (who manages the courthouse) he said it was "for her safety because of the death threats." It was perfect - all the [expletive] cops in oakleys standing in front of us preventing any pictures or video were actually heroes, willing to take a (non-existent) bullet to defend Betty Shelby from out of state Black Lives Matter assassins brought into Tulsa by George Soros.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:41 pm

I guess, if I were out killing people, i'd be paranoid too and want a vest. But its reeeeally hard to put myself into that thought process.
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:30 am

0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:20 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/16/us/maryl ... index.html

Police said Macklin pulled the woman over at about 1 a.m. on Thursday. During the stop, police said, Macklin forced the woman "to perform a sexual act" while they were both in the woman's car in a parking lot. Police said Macklin was on duty, in uniform and driving a marked police cruiser at the time.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:55 pm

I get this is supposed to be a feel good story...but man, I just don't feel like praising a cop for NOT shooting an 11yo and 13yo.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/16/us/colum ... index.html
1 x

javy knows my name
previously Beertown Cubbie

Postby javy knows my name » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:18 pm

Banedon wrote:I get this is supposed to be a feel good story...but man, I just don't feel like praising a cop for NOT shooting an 11yo and 13yo.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/16/us/colum ... index.html

Nope, me either. The spiking the football here doesn't sit right
0 x
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:54 pm

It took me a minute to realize that this gif looped a LOT longer than I thought:

https://splinternews.com/akron-police-c ... 1829906505

In a viral video posted online on Sunday, police officers in Akron, OH, can be seen pinning a purported suspect on the ground, using a Taser and chokeholding on him, and then delivering at least a dozen blows to the man’s body after backup arrived.

The video, which local station WKYC3 reported was filmed on the 300 block of Para Avenue and was first posted on Facebook by user Spenn DeBabii, opens with two officers struggling to get a white man on his stomach. After a brief struggle to flip the man over, one officer used his Taser to stun the man several times on the bare skin of his back, screaming “Roll over!” and telling him, “You’re going to get [the Taser] again,” before eventually wrestling the man onto his stomach.

About two minutes into the video, two other officers sprinted up from an off-camera police car. The larger one sat on the man’s legs and butt and can then be seen delivering at least a dozen blows to the man’s body while the other three officers hold him down. The entire time, the man can be heard groaning.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:01 pm

At least it wasn't a POC this time?
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:00 am

This is necessary (and terrifying) reading:

https://splinternews.com/the-long-histo ... 1830333632

Just as the the FBI did in 2006, the DHS cast aside internal warnings about white supremacist violence in 2009. That year, former DHS counterterrorism analyst Daryl Johnson was dragged through the mud by conservatives after he published a report on “right-wing extremism.” Johnson, who created his own database while professionally researching white supremacists and neo-Nazis, saw his team dissolved in 2010 after the DHS denounced his findings, Wired reported. “There’ve been no hearings about the rising white supremacist threat, but there’s been a long list of attacks over the last few years. But they still hold hearings about Muslim extremism. It’s out of balance,” Johnson told the magazine in 2012.

The Times details some of the horrors Johnson uncovered while working at the DHS, and how Tea Party Republicans pressured the department to denounce the report, but this also does not amount to a “failure.” It amounts to a federal agency that claims to fight “terrorism” in all its forms caving to political pressure from the right and strategically opting not to pursue Johnson’s concerns. That’s not a broken system, or even neglect; it was political aid to Republicans.

The DHS, like all other policing agencies, was born of racist and reactionary policies, and the insidiousness of this executive department has become all the more obvious under Donald Trump’s eliminationist regime. Trump decided in 2017 to cut $10 million in DHS funding to organizations that counter right-wing extremism, demonstrating both that the agency has an ongoing awareness of right-wing extremism and that it continues to be a low priority.

Joshua Phanco, a Texas prosecutor who once oversaw charges against Texan white supremacist William Fears (Fears fired a gun into a crowd of protesters outside a Richard Spencer event at the University of Florida last October and was arrested on gun charges), lamented to the Times that white supremacist violence is going wholly unchecked. “Nobody’s watching it, nobody’s tracking it. And that’s what’s got me scared,” Phanco told Reitman. But that’s not really true, either. Law enforcement clearly hasn’t made white supremacist violence a priority, but anti-fascist and anti-racist activists have, as have diligent members of the press. Organized wholly separately from and often in hostility to law enforcement, anti-fascist activists in particular have spent years tracking, exposing, and confronting the far right.

It’s plain to see that all levels of police institutions did not miss or fail to see the threat of white nationalist violence. The truth is that what is a threat to marginalized people is not a threat to the police or to the social hierarchies they are sworn to uphold. Fighting for the benefit of the oppressed is just not compatible with the business of policing. How could the people who routinely kill black people and get away with it and guard neo-Nazis at their rallies be tasked with bringing down white supremacists?

Cops and their sympathizers in government and the press will continue to claim ignorance was responsible. But the police—from rookie beat cops all the way up to the FBI—are far too powerful to get away with that. The cops know all about the threat of white nationalism; it’s just rarely been their duty—or their desire—to deal with it. Pretending otherwise only obscures the full threat of white supremacist violence, which includes law enforcement.
0 x

badger
5-Time All-Star

Postby badger » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:12 pm

Black security guard takes down a shooter in a bar in Chicago and is subsequently killed by police. Shocker, I know.

http://time.com/5452856/police-officer- ... ity-guard/
0 x

Return to “Social”