General Chit-Chat thread

rocket
Superstar

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby rocket » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:26 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:There was nothing to figure out, unfortunately; being a business that basically sells one thing* and taking up MASSIVE commercial real estate to do so isn't really something that can survive anymore unless it's for...horsefeathers, is there anything besides vehicles?

i swear about 15 new vape shops open up around here every year
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:59 pm

rocket wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:There was nothing to figure out, unfortunately; being a business that basically sells one thing* and taking up MASSIVE commercial real estate to do so isn't really something that can survive anymore unless it's for...horsefeathers, is there anything besides vehicles?

Which is hilarious, because I feel like no one vapes anymore (or at least the number of people who do it now compared to 2 years ago is significantly lower)
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:06 pm

Derwood wrote:
rocket wrote:

Which is hilarious, because I feel like no one vapes anymore (or at least the number of people who do it now compared to 2 years ago is significantly lower)

A) they do other business
B) tons of people still vape, almost certainly more than 2 years ago.
2 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:12 pm

Derwood wrote:
rocket wrote:

I feel like your feeling is incorrect.
0 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:17 pm

Yeah, what the hell. Vaping is a huge and growing business and like Jersey said those shops sell other things. Like accessories for marijuana which obviously is already a big business and growing as more states legalize it.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:18 pm

It was just an anecdotal observation. I saw tons of it a couple of years ago, and far less of it now.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:22 pm

Derwood wrote:It was just an anecdotal observation. I saw tons of it a couple of years ago, and far less of it now.

You probably just got used to seeing those weirdos using tiny trumpets to blow clouds of smoke big enough to signal an ambush. They are still there but blend in more now.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:24 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Derwood wrote:It was just an anecdotal observation. I saw tons of it a couple of years ago, and far less of it now.

You probably just got used to seeing those weirdos using tiny trumpets to blow clouds of smoke big enough to signal an ambush. They are still there but blend in more now.

I find myself smelling cotton candy far less at bars and sporting events. I think there is (rightfully) a stigma attached to carrying around a horsefeathering metal box in order to get your nic-fix.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:45 pm

rocket wrote:

Aren't they usually just little storefronts? Or are we talking the nightmare of gigantic vaping emporiums finally happening?
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:45 pm

Not sure which thread to post this, but man this article about the OJ "confession" last night is really good.

https://www.theroot.com/after-watching- ... 1823702457
0 x

Butterscup
Hall of Fame

Postby Butterscup » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:40 pm

weis21 wrote:oh ok. so most sunday nights i'm ready to doze off around 10:30 but now that it's DLS my body is saying "horsefeathers SLEEP" in general (i suppose out of a peaceful protest). i've already taken a melotonin and i'm considering taking another but i can only assume it'll make me pass out to the point i'll be weeking-at-bernies at work tomorrow. (or not wake up when my alarm goes off)

maybe i can just roll into the office at 9 am and plead ignorance. i'm fairly sure it wouldn't be a hard sell all things considered.

1 x

CoolHandLuke
All-Star

Postby CoolHandLuke » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:12 am

Derwood wrote:
rocket wrote:

A bunch of sixth grade students apparently vape.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:17 am

CoolHandLuke wrote:
Derwood wrote:
rocket wrote:

Say what now?
0 x

CoolHandLuke
All-Star

Postby CoolHandLuke » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:25 am

Derwood wrote:
CoolHandLuke wrote:
Derwood wrote:

Say what now?

Lots of rumors of students vaping in school. We haven't caught any sixth graders yet though. Some eighth grade girls were recently busted in the bathroom. Word on the street is they cut holes in their waistbands to hide the devices, which look like USB flash drives, so a lame adult probably wouldn't even suspect anything if they see it. Parents do a lot of denying when suspicions are shared. It seems pretty rampant.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:49 am

There are a bunch of these springing up

I always get a chuckle when I see these signs because my dirty mind reads it as "Anal Vapor" every time
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:58 am

CoolHandLuke wrote:
Derwood wrote:
CoolHandLuke wrote:

Say what now?

Lots of rumors of students vaping in school. We haven't caught any sixth graders yet though. Some eighth grade girls were recently busted in the bathroom. Word on the street is they cut holes in their waistbands to hide the devices, which look like USB flash drives, so a lame adult probably wouldn't even suspect anything if they see it. Parents do a lot of denying when suspicions are shared. It seems pretty rampant.

Yeah, that flash drive-looking horsefeathers is huge with kids these days.
0 x

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:06 am

Derwood wrote:There are a bunch of these springing up

I always get a chuckle when I see these signs because my dirty mind reads it as "Anal Vapor" every time

3 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:02 pm

0 x

Omar
Superstar

Postby Omar » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:16 pm

Yikes. I'm guessing it was suffocation.
0 x
┌( ◔_◔)┘

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:23 pm

Sweet, I just applied for a video production job at United. Fingers crossed (I don't get beaten or suffocated in the interview)!
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:21 pm

The Logan wrote:Sweet, I just applied for a video production job at United. Fingers crossed (I don't get beaten or suffocated in the interview)!

They make quality in flight video.
1 x

Omar
Superstar

Postby Omar » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:25 pm

in all seriousness though, American has the best safety instructions out of any airline

I pay full attention every time, its so well-done
2 x
┌( ◔_◔)┘

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:31 pm

Omar wrote:in all seriousness though, American has the best safety instructions out of any airline

That was... honestly extremely well made. I'm not sure that's what United has in mind since the only requirements were "5 years experience and knows how to operate a DSLR camera"

Honestly though, bad press aside, the benefits of that job would be tremendous for my family as it would allow my mother and brother to fly to visit my grandmother more often without needing to take extended time off. The travel benefits and discounts are pretty great and apparently kick in immediately.
1 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:49 pm

Omar wrote:in all seriousness though, American has the best safety instructions out of any airline

Virgin disagrees.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtyfiPIHsIg
1 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:51 am

stephen hawking has passed away.
0 x
Fred Hornkohl wrote:Go CUBS !!

Return to “Social”