General Chit-Chat thread

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:38 pm

I'm digging this snow
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:50 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:I'm digging this snow

0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:29 pm

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:40 pm

Happy to be missing the snow here, but Christ on a cracker is it cold
0 x

Careless
Hall of Fame

Postby Careless » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:00 am

Blue Cross Illinois offers service in the following languages: English (duh), Spanish (of course), Chinese (ok), Tagalog (a little weird), and Navajo.
I am willing to bet at high odds that the number of monolingual Navajo speakers living in Illinois is precisely zero.
0 x
We are doomed.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:14 am

Careless wrote:Blue Cross Illinois offers service in the following languages: English (duh), Spanish (of course), Chinese (ok), Tagalog (a little weird), and Navajo.
I am willing to bet at high odds that the number of monolingual Navajo speakers living in Illinois is precisely zero.

Weird; it's almost like Blue Cross Blue Shield is a national organization and they probably just default to the same language setup for each state. HUH.

PS: Tagalog is the fourth most spoken language in the US.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:39 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Careless wrote:Blue Cross Illinois offers service in the following languages: English (duh), Spanish (of course), Chinese (ok), Tagalog (a little weird), and Navajo.

Weird; it's almost like Blue Cross Blue Shield is a national organization and they probably just default to the same language setup for each state. HUH.

And, as we've all learned, if the product has already been created, you might as well put it to use, no matter how repulsive that may seem to you.
0 x

Careless
Hall of Fame

Postby Careless » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:47 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:

Uh, yeah, it's a state organization. Lots of people who speak Tagalog in California. A bunch who speak Navajo in Arizona. The Illinois branch of Blue Cross does not care about those facts.

edit: and if I want to get serious, there will be far more monolingual French speakers, Arabic speakers, Hindi speakers, Urdu speakers, and god knows how many other languages than there will be monolingual Navajo speakers in Illinois.
Last edited by Careless on Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
We are doomed.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:48 am

Careless wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

Uh, yeah, it's a state organization. Lots of people who speak Tagalog in California. A bunch who speak Navajo in Arizona. The Illinois branch of Blue Cross does not care about those facts.

It's a weak-ass rant, son; it's a national organization that's just going to use the same language system across the country. They're not going to spend the money to tailor it to each state.
0 x

dawson1989
Role Player

Postby dawson1989 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:52 am

Careless wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

edit: and if I want to get serious, there will be far more monolingual French speakers, Arabic speakers, Hindi speakers, Urdu speakers, and god knows how many other languages than there will be monolingual Navajo speakers in Illinois.

Blue Cross is national with states set up with their own offices for obvious reasons. What Sammy was saying in a overly jerk of a tone is Blue Cross likely has a national policy to have those languages standard.
0 x
YES! it's me

Careless
Hall of Fame

Postby Careless » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:54 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Careless wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

It's a weak-ass rant, son; it's a national organization that's just going to use the same language system across the country. They're not going to spend the money to tailor it to each state.

Holy horsefeathers, you're an idiot. They literally do have to tailor it to every state.
0 x
We are doomed.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:59 am

Careless wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
Careless wrote:Uh, yeah, it's a state organization. Lots of people who speak Tagalog in California. A bunch who speak Navajo in Arizona. The Illinois branch of Blue Cross does not care about those facts.

Holy [expletive], you're an idiot. They literally do have to tailor it to every state.

Clearly they haven't tailored the main language system since you just called it and they only offered those 4 languages. What, do you think they intentionally set up Illinois with Navajo for no particular reason except for horsefeathers and giggles? They customize part of the automated message for Illinois, but it connects to the national language system they have for their national organization.

Think, son. Think. Terrible chit-chat.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:02 am

Seriously, I just slept on a cot under a conference table. I need something good, dammit.
0 x

mul21
5-Time All-Star

Postby mul21 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:12 am

I just drank a beer from Arkansas and it didn't taste like death, incest or tobaccy. Does that help?
0 x
I like beer.

mul21
5-Time All-Star

Postby mul21 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:13 am

And you need to start passing out some likes you selfish jerk!
0 x
I like beer.

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:38 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:PS: Tagalog is the fourth most spoken language in the US.

Also the fourth most eaten cookie.
1 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:16 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Seriously, I just slept on a cot under a conference table. I need something good, dammit.

Your misery is making me feel better about Illinois' winter so far, if that's does anything for you.
0 x

Proven Veteran
All-Star

Postby Proven Veteran » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:15 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Seriously, I just slept on a cot under a conference table. I need something good, dammit.

Why are they making you sleep under the table?
Last edited by Proven Veteran on Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:21 pm

Proven Veteran wrote:

Why are they making you sleep under there table?

0 x

seanimal
stats enthousiast

Postby seanimal » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:37 pm

did you wake abruptly and hit your head to satisfy the gods of cheap physical comedy gags?
0 x

seanimal
stats enthousiast

Postby seanimal » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:38 pm

seanimal wrote:

did you wake abruptly and hit your head to satisfy the gods of cheap physical comedy gags?

tuba.wav
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:19 pm

Proven Veteran wrote:

Why are they making you sleep under the table?

Oh, I wanted to; got that conference room all to myself. Some of the light systems here can't be turned off completely, sot hat way I could shut that out, plus the room was dead silent. Managed to get some good chunks of sleep despite the fat guy in a little cot situation.

Escaped at about 7 AM this morning and the main roads are in good shape, but the housing subdivisions had barely been touched. I could get to within half a mile or so of my place, but nowhere I could park my car and hike in without it getting towed. Ended up driving to my parents' house, but had to wait an hour so behind the plow digging out there street. Finally got inside about 10 AM, got a shower and did my laundry and slept for about 5 hours before getting called back in.

Hopefully I'll be out of here by 9 PM. Hopefully.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:19 pm

seanimal wrote:
seanimal wrote:

tuba.wav

Sadly, no, bu the first time I sat down on the cot I hadn't fully extended it so it popped back up and turned me into a cot-sandwich.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:22 pm

Damn, I've been stingy with the likes since the board reset.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:44 am

Derwood wrote:Damn, I've been stingy with the likes since the board reset.

Sammy's worse.
0 x

Return to “Social”