General Chit-Chat thread

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby David » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:50 pm

aubrey huff is still at it lmaooooo

0 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:55 pm

Wtf is a sovereign citizen
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:56 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:Wtf is a sovereign citizen

the "right kind of people"; e.g., white, Christian
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:15 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:Wtf is a sovereign citizen

the "right kind of people"; e.g., white, Christian

Oh, noooooooooo...the sovereign citizen movement is also very popular with non-white Americans, too. Granted the perspective tends to be different in that it's from a place of rebelling against what is seen as a discriminatory and abusive police force, but this is, sadly, not just a white person thing.
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:21 pm

Hmmm, I obviously grossly misunderstood context from some articles I've read recently (or they gave an incorrect implied representation). Admittedly, it's not a phenomena I've looked at independently.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:32 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign ... n_movement

In surveys conducted in 2014 and 2015, representatives of US law-enforcement ranked the risk of terrorism from the sovereign citizen movement higher than the risk from Islamic extremism.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:47 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:Hmmm, I obviously grossly misunderstood context from some articles I've read recently (or they gave an incorrect implied representation). Admittedly, it's not a phenomena I've looked at independently.

I mean, it's definitely something started and took off because of crazy white people, and white and non-white folks definitely come at it very differently, but it's ultimately a weird crossing-ground for men and women of a lot of different ethnicity.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:49 pm

Banedon wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_citizen_movement

In surveys conducted in 2014 and 2015, representatives of US law-enforcement ranked the risk of terrorism from the sovereign citizen movement higher than the risk from Islamic extremism.

Tying into what I was saying, the 2016 Baton Rouge ambush that shot 6 police officers was committed by a black sovereign citizen. The sovereign citizen horsefeathers is crazy scary, due in no small part to how it's not as limited by many of the usual prejudices you find with most other extremist groups.
0 x

DiceMan4221
All-Star

Postby DiceMan4221 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:21 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Banedon wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_citizen_movement

Tying into what I was saying, the 2016 Baton Rouge ambush that shot 6 police officers was committed by a black sovereign citizen. The sovereign citizen horsefeathers is crazy scary, due in no small part to how it's not as limited by many of the usual prejudices you find with most other extremist groups.

The only sovereign citizen type that I know is a dood from West Virginia that I met on the interwebs playing poker. He turned out to be a 15 year old raised by a completely dysfunctional single mom and he was living on his own playing poker by age 16. He loves Ayn Rand and all that, but has admitted to me that he thinks that Jews, Asians and a few Whites (men, of course) should run everything until the singularity. He lives on a commune somewhere in Cali which he funds with his poker winnings, and recently mailed me some book about volunteerism which was complete and utter garbage. He also lost about 200 pounds over the last 5 years. I know a lot of fairly interesting and weird people, but he might well be the weirdest.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -Anonymous

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:14 am

Well, you are the Diceman
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:19 pm

Kevin Youkilis apparently is upset that people on Yelp are complaining about his restaurant and thinks Twitter is the way to go to get Yelp to weed it out....

I mean, I get that the reviewer could be lying, but, uh, probably not.

This is the actual review
https://www.yelp.com/biz/loma-brewing-c ... ce=(direct)

We stopped by this brewery to try out their beer, which has apparently won awards.
Our experience was a mixed one. The ambiance was good, our server was good, the food and beer were mediocre. We had two appetizers/sides, the blackened octopus with patatas, and fries. The octopus was $15, the fries were $5. There were only four pieces of octopus in the dish. We also had a flight of their beers, and none of them were remarkable.
The defining part of our experience, however, was watching the hostess, who seemed kind of out of it, go to seat several diners across from us. She went to go grab a wet towel to clean the table with, DROPPED IT ON THE FLOOR, PICKED IT UP AND USED IT TO WIPE THE TABLE!!!

My dining partner mentioned this to one of the servers as we left.

I took a photo of the hostess, in case the brewery management is interested in knowing who she was, in order to either school her or to fire her. She was on duty at around 2pm on Saturday, August 12th.

And while I'm here, our entire bill was $54, extremely high for two appetizers and small servings of 8 beers.

I'll never go here again, and I hope others take note before trying it out.

I just thought the Tweet was funny because at very first glance it looked to me like he asking how it's acceptable for someone working at a restaurant to do something that gross (and I'm wondering why the hell he's asking Yelp about this on Twitter), but really he's bitching about someone's negative review on his restaurant that he co-owns.
0 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:26 pm

If I'm being charitable, I can see being upset that they included a discreet picture of the server.
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:28 pm

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:If I'm being charitable, I can see being upset that they included a discreet picture of the server.

Yeah, it would've been a better idea just to actually tell management about it if they wanted to give them a chance to do something about it, but I guess I could see how some people wouldn't like awkwardly telling on people or whatever in person.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:29 pm

yelp reviewers are the worst humans on earth.
1 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:30 pm

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:If I'm being charitable, I can see being upset that they included a discreet picture of the server.

You don't even have to be charitable. That's ridiculous, to take a random photo that proves absolutely nothing and just say this person did a thing that happens in every bar/brewery in the world.

Hey guess what everybody, the towels and tables ain't [expletive] and span.
2 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:32 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:

You don't even have to be charitable. That's ridiculous, to take a random photo that proves absolutely nothing and just say this person did a thing that happens in every bar/brewery in the world.

Eh. I don't think "don't drop wet towels on the floor and clean the tables with them" is too high of an expectation to set. that's horsefeathering gross.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:34 pm

David wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

Eh. I don't think "don't drop wet towels on the floor and clean the tables with them" is too high of an expectation to set. that's horsefeathering gross.

It's not pretty but it happens literally everywhere.
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:36 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
David wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:You don't even have to be charitable. That's ridiculous, to take a random photo that proves absolutely nothing and just say this person did a thing that happens in every bar/brewery in the world.

yeah, i try my best to turn a blind eye to horsefeathers like that because i know it happens everywhere

i'm also the person that refuses to send anything back because i truly feel there's at least better than a 50/50 chance they're going to horsefeathers with my food. i'd rather stew in my own frustration over whatever the mistake.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:43 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
David wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:You don't even have to be charitable. That's ridiculous, to take a random photo that proves absolutely nothing and just say this person did a thing that happens in every bar/brewery in the world.

Yeah, it's really not any different than using a towel to clean one table, and then using that same towel to immediately clean other tables, too.

Plus, hell, I'm not eating off of the damn table. As long as they didn't drop it in some mud or crud and it got any leftover food splatter off the table before I sat down, game on.
1 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:45 pm

I post pics and rat out Mariners Revenge allllll the time

For instance, today is his birthday
4 x

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:45 pm

David wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

I'd prefer it didn't happen, but I also generally don't put my food on the table before I eat it. As long as they're cleaning the plates correctly it doesn't seem like that big of a deal.
0 x
Spoiler: show

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:50 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
David wrote:

Yeah, it's really not any different than using a towel to clean one table, and then using that same towel to immediately clean other tables, too.

Plus, hell, I'm not eating off of the damn table. As long as they didn't drop it in some mud or crud and it got any leftover food splatter off the table before I sat down, game on.

i'm just picturing little pieces of dirt, hairs, crumbs, and whatever else kind of crud just ends up on the floor stuck to the wet towel
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:52 pm

David wrote:i'm just picturing little pieces of dirt, hairs, crumbs, and whatever else kind of crud just ends up on the floor stuck to the wet towel

You probably shouldn't eat outside your home.
1 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:54 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
David wrote:i'm just picturing little pieces of dirt, hairs, crumbs, and whatever else kind of crud just ends up on the floor stuck to the wet towel

You probably shouldn't eat outside your home.

hey i already said i turn a blind eye to it knowing it happens. just don't let me see that horsefeathers and i'm good.

i've found hairs in my food before and literally just said horsefeathers it and picked it out and kept eating. i'm not THAT bad.
0 x

Liam Neeson
Starter

Postby Liam Neeson » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:16 pm

Just wait til you find out about the draft lines at your favorite bar!
3 x

Return to “Social”