General Chit-Chat thread

User avatar
SpongeWorthy
Superstar
Posts: 13139
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:47 am
x 128
x 241

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby SpongeWorthy » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:40 am

Anyone here use a weighted blanket? I just heard about them and they sound like something I could def use
0 x

User avatar
Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise
Posts: 34154
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man
x 1862
x 1926

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:51 am

SpongeWorthy wrote:Anyone here use a weighted blanket? I just heard about them and they sound like something I could def use


We use them for my son and a couple of the cousins. It's great for kids with sensory issues or other behavioral problems.

I've thought about getting one for myself.
0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66727
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5454
x 5301

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Banedon » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:44 am

In August, Tesla CEO Elon Musk set off an entirely preventable and catastrophic chain of events by tweeting that he was “considering taking Tesla private at $420. Funding secured.” Musk provided no financing details, and the Securities and Exchange Commission later determined that he never finalized any kind of deal with the Saudi sovereign wealth fund behind the ostensible buyout. Last week, it slapped him with fraud charges for making “false and misleading” statements and not complying with regulatory requirements.

Musk and the company’s board initially appeared to be digging in for a battle, but per the Washington Post, on Saturday he caved. Musk has agreed to a settlement in which both he and Tesla will pay out separate $20 million fines, and Musk will step down as Tesla’s chairman for at least three years. The only silver lining is that Musk will be allowed to remain the company’s CEO


https://gizmodo.com/elon-musk-resigns-a ... 1829417007
0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66727
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5454
x 5301

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Banedon » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:17 pm

Atlanta traffic update:

Up to 70 cows may still be on the loose after a trailer hauling the cattle tipped over Monday morning on the ramp from I-285 East to the I-75 interchange in Cobb County, police say.

About 89 cows were on the truck at the time of the crash, Sandy Springs police spokesman Sgt. Sam Worsham told Channel 2 Action News.
0 x

User avatar
JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star
Posts: 3652
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 3400
x 1461

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:23 pm

Derwood wrote:His mental illness thing isn't a schtick. The moments when he is self aware of his illness are sometimes endearing, but when he lapses it's really sad

I asking this question with complete honesty, because I don't know the answer. How much of a person's douchebagery and political views can we attribute to mental illness? How much can someone (most especially with a pulpit as prominant as this) spew before their mental state is irrelevant?
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 78500
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 10739
x 13557

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:56 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
Derwood wrote:His mental illness thing isn't a schtick. The moments when he is self aware of his illness are sometimes endearing, but when he lapses it's really sad

I asking this question with complete honesty, because I don't know the answer. How much of a person's douchebagery and political views can we attribute to mental illness? How much can someone (most especially with a pulpit as prominant as this) spew before their mental state is irrelevant?


Yeah, IMO, the whole "Kanye is crazy" thing is probably overstated. I don't doubt the guy has some issues, but this is mostly him being a troll dick, because that's who he is.
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 68663
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1090
x 2177

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Derwood » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:07 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
Derwood wrote:His mental illness thing isn't a schtick. The moments when he is self aware of his illness are sometimes endearing, but when he lapses it's really sad

I asking this question with complete honesty, because I don't know the answer. How much of a person's douchebagery and political views can we attribute to mental illness? How much can someone (most especially with a pulpit as prominant as this) spew before their mental state is irrelevant?


Yeah, IMO, the whole "Kanye is crazy" thing is probably overstated. I don't doubt the guy has some issues, but this is mostly him being a troll dick, because that's who he is.


I'm not letting him off the hook for his insane views, but I think it's pretty clear that he has something mental going on. How much that contributes to what he says is anyone's guess
0 x

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 34212
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 853
x 5769

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:16 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
Derwood wrote:His mental illness thing isn't a schtick. The moments when he is self aware of his illness are sometimes endearing, but when he lapses it's really sad

I asking this question with complete honesty, because I don't know the answer. How much of a person's douchebagery and political views can we attribute to mental illness? How much can someone (most especially with a pulpit as prominant as this) spew before their mental state is irrelevant?


Yeah, IMO, the whole "Kanye is crazy" thing is probably overstated. I don't doubt the guy has some issues, but this is mostly him being a troll dick, because that's who he is.

and his music sucks
1 x
Image

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 68663
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1090
x 2177

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Derwood » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:09 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:I asking this question with complete honesty, because I don't know the answer. How much of a person's douchebagery and political views can we attribute to mental illness? How much can someone (most especially with a pulpit as prominant as this) spew before their mental state is irrelevant?


Yeah, IMO, the whole "Kanye is crazy" thing is probably overstated. I don't doubt the guy has some issues, but this is mostly him being a troll dick, because that's who he is.

and his music sucks

Your music sucks
0 x

User avatar
BigbadB
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24519
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:38 am
Location: San Diego
x 20
x 130

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby BigbadB » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:01 pm

Derwood wrote:
Ding Dong Johnson wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
Yeah, IMO, the whole "Kanye is crazy" thing is probably overstated. I don't doubt the guy has some issues, but this is mostly him being a troll dick, because that's who he is.

and his music sucks

Your music sucks


Both of their musics suck.
0 x

User avatar
weis21
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8937
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:45 am
Location: ECU
x 5804
x 1145

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby weis21 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:19 pm

10 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22535
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: Pike Road, Al
x 247
x 530

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby CubinNY » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:20 pm

I’m at the airport getting ready to board the plane and I just have to say middle aged Whie people are the worst.
0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66727
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5454
x 5301

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Banedon » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:20 pm

CubinNY wrote:I’m at the airport getting ready to board the plane and I just have to say middle aged Whie people are the worst.


Old white people are no picnic.
0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 59522
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2578
x 8901

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:22 pm

Banedon wrote:
CubinNY wrote:I’m at the airport getting ready to board the plane and I just have to say middle aged Whie people are the worst.


Old white people are no picnic.

have you met a white teenager?
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66727
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5454
x 5301

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Banedon » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:24 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Banedon wrote:
CubinNY wrote:I’m at the airport getting ready to board the plane and I just have to say middle aged Whie people are the worst.


Old white people are no picnic.

have you met a white teenager?


And don't even get me STARTED on white babies.
0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 59522
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2578
x 8901

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:26 pm

Banedon wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
Banedon wrote:
Old white people are no picnic.

have you met a white teenager?


And don't even get me STARTED on white babies.

nah, horsefeathers white people aren't born, they're made
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 34212
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 853
x 5769

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:48 pm

it is the one ethnic group that truly terrifies me
0 x
Image

CubinNY
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22535
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: Pike Road, Al
x 247
x 530

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby CubinNY » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:08 pm

I wish I could show you humps a picture. They are already lined up at the gate and the people getting off the plan have to walk through them to leave.
0 x

User avatar
Tim
Hall of Fame
Posts: 45154
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:02 pm
Location: Naperville, IL
x 78
x 2415
Contact:

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Tim » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:17 pm

CubinNY wrote:I wish I could show you humps a picture. They are already lined up at the gate and the people getting off the plan have to walk through them to leave.

Is this your first time flying?
9 x
Spoiler: show

Image

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 23298
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 6288
x 4562

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Cubswin11 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:42 am

This horsefeathering guy

0 x
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
cl smooth
All-Star
Posts: 1863
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 3:59 pm
Location: brooklynnnnnnnnnn
x 2638
x 545

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby cl smooth » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:45 pm

0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 78500
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 10739
x 13557

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:53 pm



Incredibly, the dead man had been taken into a cave with two others and both of them had been killed by dynamite that was then thrown in after them.


Completing this task gets you the exclusive pre-order bonus Cypriot outfit in Red Dead Redemption 2.
3 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66727
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5454
x 5301

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Banedon » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:08 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:


Incredibly, the dead man had been taken into a cave with two others and both of them had been killed by dynamite that was then thrown in after them.


Completing this task gets you the exclusive pre-order bonus Cypriot outfit in Red Dead Redemption 2.


It feels like the actual task would be way harder, and that this is the way to just cheese it.
2 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22535
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: Pike Road, Al
x 247
x 530

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby CubinNY » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:48 pm

lol
0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66727
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5454
x 5301

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Banedon » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:36 pm

0 x


Return to “Social”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests