General Chit-Chat thread

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77406
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9667
x 12811

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:50 pm

I mean, it's kinda inevitable that Ted Danson's blackface past is gonna destroy The Good Place, isn't it? Like, if this got her fired (it won't since NBC insanely threw a truck full of money at her), I guaren-damn-tee you that the whole "tit for tat" nature of these things would have Right trolls online ranting about NBC also employing someone like Danson.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77406
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9667
x 12811

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:53 pm

Also: love that it's a panel or whatever of all white people discussing the pros and cons of blackface. Real smooth.
0 x

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22628
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 am
x 774
x 1357

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby 17 Seconds » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:39 am

holy horsefeathers

0 x

User avatar
Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise
Posts: 33802
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man
x 1677
x 1610

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:29 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:I mean, it's kinda inevitable that Ted Danson's blackface past is gonna destroy The Good Place, isn't it? Like, if this got her fired (it won't since NBC insanely threw a truck full of money at her), I guaren-damn-tee you that the whole "tit for tat" nature of these things would have Right trolls online ranting about NBC also employing someone like Danson.


I will start the horsefeathering civil war myself if they get Ted Danson fired from The Good Place.
1 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66317
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5028
x 5004

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Banedon » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:20 pm



https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lancashire-45960806
1 x
Image

User avatar
javy knows my name
previously Beertown Cubbie
Posts: 9090
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:46 pm
Location: Chicago
x 1383
x 568

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby javy knows my name » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:06 pm

Banedon wrote:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lancashire-45960806


Chums!!
1 x
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58770
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2360
x 7942

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:05 pm

2 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77406
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9667
x 12811

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:05 pm

Looks more like Russ.
1 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66317
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5028
x 5004

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Banedon » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:54 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:I mean, it's kinda inevitable that Ted Danson's blackface past is gonna destroy The Good Place, isn't it? Like, if this got her fired (it won't since NBC insanely threw a truck full of money at her), I guaren-damn-tee you that the whole "tit for tat" nature of these things would have Right trolls online ranting about NBC also employing someone like Danson.


Two years of pent-up bitterness and backbiting about Megyn Kelly have finally come to a head at NBC News.

Her exit from the 9 a.m. hour of the "Today" show appears to be imminent. Variety reported on Wednesday evening that Kelly and NBC News executives have been holding conversations about a new role for her.

Two people familiar with the matter confirmed that to CNN Business and said Kelly's show will be ending. Negotiations about the end date and other details are still underway. But Kelly will not be hosting Thursday's program, and she is unlikely to return later, one of the people said. So "Megyn Kelly Today" may end very soon.
Kelly has parted ways with her talent agency, CAA, according to two sources, and she has hired attorney Bryan Freedman.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77406
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9667
x 12811

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:03 pm

Image
0 x

Thed Hoyerstein
All-Star
Posts: 1264
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:25 pm
Location: Old Town
x 284
x 319

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Thed Hoyerstein » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:08 pm

now Megan Kelly is going to be wondering why her white face got blacklisted
0 x
“So my threshold is: ‘Is this a noodle?’”

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66317
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5028
x 5004

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Banedon » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:06 pm

"Megyn Kelly is done. She is not ever coming back," an NBC executive familiar with the situation told the Daily Mail. "We are just working out timing of the announcement but mark my work - she is gone and will never be seen on NBC live again."


https://www.businessinsider.com/megyn-k ... ts-2018-10
0 x
Image

CubinNY
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22346
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: Pike Road, Al
x 202
x 477

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby CubinNY » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:20 pm

Thed Hoyerstein wrote:now Megan Kelly is going to be wondering why her white face got blacklisted

She'll go back on Fox news and play the victim of PC culture to people who long for the days of eeny, meeny, miny, moe and making sure "people" know their place.
0 x

Thed Hoyerstein
All-Star
Posts: 1264
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:25 pm
Location: Old Town
x 284
x 319

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Thed Hoyerstein » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:25 pm

CubinNY wrote:
Thed Hoyerstein wrote:now Megan Kelly is going to be wondering why her white face got blacklisted

She'll go back on Fox news and play the victim of PC culture to people who long for the days of eeny, meeny, miny, moe and making sure "people" know their place.


This made me think, how is Fox News covering the mail packages? Or do I even want to hear how they're approaching the crisis?
0 x
“So my threshold is: ‘Is this a noodle?’”

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58770
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2360
x 7942

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:17 pm

Thed Hoyerstein wrote:
CubinNY wrote:
Thed Hoyerstein wrote:now Megan Kelly is going to be wondering why her white face got blacklisted

She'll go back on Fox news and play the victim of PC culture to people who long for the days of eeny, meeny, miny, moe and making sure "people" know their place.


This made me think, how is Fox News covering the mail packages? Or do I even want to hear how they're approaching the crisis?


0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 33910
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 768
x 5377

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:10 pm

jeopardy's returning champ just said horsefeathers
0 x
Image

User avatar
Brian707
All-Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Algonquin IL
x 657
x 1051

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Brian707 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:26 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:jeopardy's returning champ just said horsefeathers



Today's episode? Is that the dude with the Fro?
0 x

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 33910
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 768
x 5377

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:34 pm

Brian707 wrote:
Ding Dong Johnson wrote:jeopardy's returning champ just said horsefeathers



Today's episode? Is that the dude with the Fro?

some lady. I never know what day the champ is in what market
0 x
Image

User avatar
SpongeWorthy
Superstar
Posts: 13112
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:47 am
x 123
x 236

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby SpongeWorthy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:15 pm

0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66317
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5028
x 5004

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Banedon » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:25 pm

Twitter is planning to remove the ability to "like" tweets in a radical move that aims to improve the quality of debate on the social network.

Founder Jack Dorsey last week admitted at a Twitter event that he was not a fan of the heart-shaped button and that it would be getting rid of it “soon”.


https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/ ... ty-debate/

Twitter really has their finger on the pulse of the people.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77406
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9667
x 12811

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:01 pm

Dorsey's really lucky in how much Zuck tends to overshadow just how horsefeathering stupid and terrible he is, too.
1 x

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22697
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 5760
x 4356

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Cubswin11 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:15 pm

Banedon wrote:
Twitter is planning to remove the ability to "like" tweets in a radical move that aims to improve the quality of debate on the social network.

Founder Jack Dorsey last week admitted at a Twitter event that he was not a fan of the heart-shaped button and that it would be getting rid of it “soon”.


https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/ ... ty-debate/

Twitter really has their finger on the pulse of the people.

The one good thing out of this, I guess, is that we’ll stop seeing tweets from 20 hours ago because a friend(s) liked it.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66317
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5028
x 5004

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Banedon » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:19 pm

An oral history of the now 4 years old(!) Too Many Cooks:

https://www.inverse.com/article/50167-t ... nniversary
1 x
Image

User avatar
JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star
Posts: 3265
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 3012
x 1293

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:46 pm

Banedon wrote:An oral history of the now 4 years old(!) Too Many Cooks:

https://www.inverse.com/article/50167-t ... nniversary

We would sit and watch it every day, every other day. Paul and Casper would work on it constantly. We had a 20-minute discussion about how many times the falcon would turn its head. We were advised to take that out. But we were being stubborn because it made us laugh.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

User avatar
Andy
Hall of Fame
Posts: 31676
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:02 am
Location: West Michigan
x 556

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Andy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:58 pm

Banedon wrote:
Twitter is planning to remove the ability to "like" tweets in a radical move that aims to improve the quality of debate on the social network.

Founder Jack Dorsey last week admitted at a Twitter event that he was not a fan of the heart-shaped button and that it would be getting rid of it “soon”.


https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/ ... ty-debate/

Twitter really has their finger on the pulse of the people.

I've never once 'liked' a Tweet. If I like something enough, I'll RT it. Strictly from that perspective I'm glad it's going away. That said I don't know what the hell it really does to 'improve quality of debate'.
0 x
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ITS THE THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE FOR GODS SAKES


Return to “Social”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brian and 14 guests