Politics & Current Events

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:59 pm

what do you know, the children lucky enough to not be murdered in school in florida are actually crisis actors. I knew it!
1 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

Duke Silver
Superstar

Postby Duke Silver » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:03 pm

0 x

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:23 pm

I am fighting the urge to respond to that POS in a manner that would get me banned from Twitter.
0 x

squally1313
All-Star

Postby squally1313 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:34 pm

These stupid, immature children should just go back to (checks notes)...hooking up with 32 year old district attorneys.
1 x

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:45 pm

Duke Silver wrote:

the funny part is that he’s not allowed to own a gun because he’s a convicted felon.
1 x
Fred Hornkohl wrote:Go CUBS !!

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:19 am

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:what do you know, the children lucky enough to not be murdered in school in florida are actually crisis actors. I knew it!

One of the sick a$$holes who are spreading this has 11k retweets. I’m so angry I can’t put it into words.
0 x

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:29 am

CubinNY wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:what do you know, the children lucky enough to not be murdered in school in florida are actually crisis actors. I knew it!

One of the sick a$$holes who are spreading this has 11k retweets. I’m so angry I can’t put it into words.

How many of them were by Trump family members?
0 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:39 am

In the Kentucky state house today, a Democrat won a seat by 27 points that Trump had won by 49.

Democrats are fired up.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:59 am

This is fine, everything is fine
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:40 pm

Between stuff like this and Fox News/Bretbart/InfoWars and the tax/budget/healthcare debacles and the gun-humping and the shameless gerrymandering and tossing out the pretense of dog whistling and the Russia mess and supporting child molesters and just Trump in general, it's almost bizarrely admirable how so many conservatives have just gone all in and fully embraced cartoonish super-villainy.
3 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:55 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:

Between stuff like this and Fox News/Bretbart/InfoWars and the tax/budget/healthcare debacles and the gun-humping and the shameless gerrymandering and tossing out the pretense of dog whistling and the Russia mess and supporting child molesters and just Trump in general, it's almost bizarrely admirable how so many conservatives have just gone all in and fully embraced cartoonish super-villainy.

There's a guy I know who, full disclosure, is a middle-aged kinda sad conservative guy. He was a news director at a TV station here, which is how I met him. During the Obama years he was just kind of quietly annoyed by Liberalism but he was always an OK guy.

Since Trump, he's literally gone insane. He's now peddling the conspiracy theory that the kids in Florida are crisis actors because they wore ear pieces on TV (they were being fed lines!)

HE WAS A TV NEWS DIRECTOR. HE KNOWS YOU WEAR THOSE ON TV FOR LIVE INTERVIEWS.
7 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:08 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

There's a guy I know who, full disclosure, is a middle-aged kinda sad conservative guy. He was a news director at a TV station here, which is how I met him. During the Obama years he was just kind of quietly annoyed by Liberalism but he was always an OK guy.

Since Trump, he's literally gone insane. He's now peddling the conspiracy theory that the kids in Florida are crisis actors because they wore ear pieces on TV (they were being fed lines!)

It is pretty damn scary. It's like something out of a horror film where people general look/act/sound normal most of the time, but have this roiling mess of furious, hateful madness just seething right below the surface.
2 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:49 pm

The scary part is that when Trump is long gone, the Trump-ian attitude of his base will remain. The conditioning has already set in.
1 x

entbird79
Starter

Postby entbird79 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:02 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:

I completely believe that. I know many people that seemed fairly level, prior to Trump becoming president, that are now completely unreasonable. They don't seem to feel the need to talk through things to reach an agreement, rather they just want to bully around to get what they want. I'm not even talking about people acting like idiots online, this is face to face interactions. It's pretty scary the way things have shifted for many.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:19 pm

entbird79 wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

I completely believe that. I know many people that seemed fairly level, prior to Trump becoming president, that are now completely unreasonable. They don't seem to feel the need to talk through things to reach an agreement, rather they just want to bully around to get what they want. I'm not even talking about people acting like idiots online, this is face to face interactions. It's pretty scary the way things have shifted for many.

I’m not sure where you live, but in Alabama it’s been like that for awhile. They use the Bible here as one would use a cricket bat at the Omega Theta Pi fraternity in Animal House.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:20 pm

Well yeah but that's Alabama.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:25 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:In the Kentucky state house today, a Democrat won a seat by 27 points that Trump had won by 49.

Democrats are fired up.

Lots of Bob's Burgers fans, too.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:26 pm

Twitter banned thousands of bots and the right is mad...

https://gizmodo.com/conservative-twitte ... 1823185428
0 x

Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:27 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Hairyducked Idiot wrote:In the Kentucky state house today, a Democrat won a seat by 27 points that Trump had won by 49.

Democrats are fired up.

1 x

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:39 pm

Banedon wrote:Twitter banned thousands of bots and the right is mad...

https://gizmodo.com/conservative-twitte ... 1823185428

Wouldn't you be mad if a constituency you rely on to achieve/stay in power were banned?
0 x

javy knows my name
previously Beertown Cubbie

Postby javy knows my name » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:42 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:

Democrats are fired up.

I don't get it
0 x
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

Chocolate Milk
5-Time All-Star

Postby Chocolate Milk » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:45 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:

It's crazy to see these coordinated propaganda campaigns occur so rapidly after one of these incidents. You see it on twitter and then it pops up with the usual suspects all over the internet. I frequent another board and I know that soon as I see the weird MAGA old lady accounts pushing something on Twitter, this group of posters will be posting the same thing on that forum within hours.

I'm really surprised by how effective this is - maybe I'm naïve. I've seen a lot of people who are certainly intelligent and educated think all sorts of crazy nonsense as a result of fake garbage they read on the internet. Not just stuff that is a little crazy, but wild, unsubstantiated, completely crazy stuff. It's frankly scary.
1 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:47 pm

javy knows my name wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

Democrats are fired up.

I don't get it

https://theslot.jezebel.com/democrat-li ... 1823180392

On Tuesday, HuffPost reported that Democrat Linda Belcher won her special election for a Kentucky state House seat that had previously been held by a Republican. Belcher’s victory marks the 37th time the Democratic party has flipped a legislative seat since Donald Trump was unfortunately elected President.
1 x

javy knows my name
previously Beertown Cubbie

Postby javy knows my name » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:49 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
javy knows my name wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

I don't get it

https://theslot.jezebel.com/democrat-li ... 1823180392

On Tuesday, HuffPost reported that Democrat Linda Belcher won her special election for a Kentucky state House seat that had previously been held by a Republican. Belcher’s victory marks the 37th time the Democratic party has flipped a legislative seat since Donald Trump was unfortunately elected President.

4 x
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

entbird79
Starter

Postby entbird79 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:52 pm

CubinNY wrote:
entbird79 wrote:

I’m not sure where you live, but in Alabama it’s been like that for awhile. They use the Bible here as one would use a cricket bat at the Omega Theta Pi fraternity in Animal House.

I live in Iowa which, believe it or not, is a pretty nice place to raise a family. People are generally kind and take care of each other here but I have definitely noticed a shift by some to an attitude of "I'm going to get mine" rather than finding a resolution that will work for everyone. The area I live is definitely less affluent than most in the state and many just aren't cultured outside of the little bubble where they live. I don't notice the Bible being used much here, it's just generations worth of closed mindedness, closet racism and bigotry which now that Trump is in office doesn't need to be closeted.

I work in education, which I know for many of you doesn't need elaborated on, but dealing with parents can be...interesting.
2 x

Return to “Social”