5-Time All-Star

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:34 pm

0 x

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:09 pm

Democratic fortunes in both the race for the House and presidency, will turn on whether Trump enters the contest closer to the nadir or zenith of his popularity. If Democrats can use their powers to make Trump less popular, they will do themselves a huge favor, and on this score, the non-confrontation approach has been a dismal failure. Democrats let over a quarter of the 116th Congress pass without holding a single public hearing with Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s witnesses; without filing suit to enforce any of their subpoenas of current or former Trump administration officials; without pursuing any avenues of investigation that might leave them no choice but to begin impeachment proceedings. They let months lapse before finally suing to enforce their much-delayed subpoena of Trump’s tax returns, contented themselves with passing messaging bills that the media and the Senate have both ignored, and the result is that Trump’s approval ratings are about a point higher than they were on election night last year.

Would a Democratic Party that won’t aggressively investigate Trump take any steps after he leaves office to remedy his theft of the judiciary? Or to fix any of the harms he inflicted on the country after breaking the law to win the election? Would this party offer statehood to the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico? None of these things will happen without moderates taking and defending tough votes, and the party is priming them every day to expect they’ll never have to do either.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:29 pm

squally1313 wrote:Eh, I'm (cautiously) with OMC on this one. Trump is much more similar to the slack jawed idiots than the young/online kids at the rally. His brain doesn't work beyond like 'oh, AOC kinda sounds like A-OK'. It's not like he needs to be communicating in hand signals to let racists know he's a white supremacist.

It is a hand gesture that he has used for long before it became the WP symbol. I can't find it now, but I read and article earlier where a psychologist broke down his half dozen hand gestures that he uses ALL THE TIME, and what they signal (lying, exaggerating, "I'm right", etc.)
0 x

Bote McBoteface
All-Star

Postby Bote McBoteface » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:40 pm

I know that hand signal has been taken over by white supremacists and I still accidentally use it from time to time. Isnt the white supremacist version of it supposed to be held upside down and below the waist anyway?
0 x

NonProfitCow
All-Star

Postby NonProfitCow » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:47 pm

Bote McBoteface wrote:I know that hand signal has been taken over by white supremacists and I still accidentally use it from time to time. Isnt the white supremacist version of it supposed to be held upside down and below the waist anyway?

lol, no

That's the dumbass excuse the "Proud Boys" use. What you're describing is a dumbass college "slug bug" game.

Also, who the horsefeathers actually uses that hand signal for anything? Genuine question.
0 x

Bote McBoteface
All-Star

Postby Bote McBoteface » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:17 pm

NonProfitCow wrote:
Bote McBoteface wrote:I know that hand signal has been taken over by white supremacists and I still accidentally use it from time to time. Isnt the white supremacist version of it supposed to be held upside down and below the waist anyway?

lol, no

That's the dumbass excuse the "Proud Boys" use. What you're describing is a dumbass college "slug bug" game.

Also, who the horsefeathers actually uses that hand signal for anything? Genuine question.

I guess i was thinking it was supposed to be below the waist because thats what the dude who got banned from Wrigley did. But if I use the word OK In a sentence theres like a 60% chance i did the hand signal without even thinking about it
0 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:54 pm

:-&
Derwood wrote:
squally1313 wrote:Eh, I'm (cautiously) with OMC on this one. Trump is much more similar to the slack jawed idiots than the young/online kids at the rally. His brain doesn't work beyond like 'oh, AOC kinda sounds like A-OK'. It's not like he needs to be communicating in hand signals to let racists know he's a white supremacist.

It is a hand gesture that he has used for long before it became the WP symbol. I can't find it now, but I read and article earlier where a psychologist broke down his half dozen hand gestures that he uses ALL THE TIME, and what they signal (lying, exaggerating, "I'm right", etc.)

yes, which is exactly why this is the precise kind of gaslighting he uses (and conservatives writ large) use all the time. The hand sign is his intentional gaslight to liberals and his intentional dog whistle to white supremacists who not only get off on Trump essentially recognizing them publicly but also the fact that it trolls the libs at the same time.

People get too bogged down in stuff like "oh the average rally goer doesn't know about this stuff" as if the video clip isn't immediately shared among millions on social media. this horsefeathers is not for the people in attendance, it's for the people online.
1 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:23 am

Well duh. Some of us called this the moment she announced.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:22 am

CyHawk_Cub wrote:Well duh. Some of us called this the moment she announced.

Yeeeeeeap! And she'll stay in the Dem primaries for as long as the Dems (and the Green Party) will allow.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:00 pm

Mueller’s opening statement just shut down 90% of the questions the Republicans questions.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:19 pm

Clearly, the Republican strategy this morning is “act like raging horsefeathers”
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:44 pm

Gohmert is a psychopath
0 x

scarey
All-Star

Postby scarey » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:43 pm

Mueller is shutting bitches down.

When talking about the Steele dossier:

Greg Steube: "... you mentioned the unverified allegations. How long did it take you to reach the conclusion that it was unverified?"

Mueller: "I'm not going to speak to that"

Steube: (outraged)"It's actually in your report multiple times that it's unverified you're telling me that you're not willing to tell us how you came to the conclusion that it's unverified?"

Mueller: (calmly) "True"
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:06 pm

[-X
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:25 pm

And yet I have family members, some of them in central Iowa, the rest scattered across the country, telling me local tv news anchors keep saying Trump was totally exonerated by the Mueller Report as a lead-in to every piece about the hearings the past couple weeks. I get the Trump presidency is good for the ownership groups of these stations, but horsefeathers, it still infuriates me.
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:36 pm

2 x

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:40 pm

FFS, this is the point I (dream) wish newsrooms across the country would horsefeathering hammer into their own heads before reporting [expletive] about "exoneration" and "no collusion."
0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:05 pm

0 x

sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President

Postby sneakypower » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:48 pm

big ball chunky time wrote::-&
Derwood wrote:

yes, which is exactly why this is the precise kind of gaslighting he uses (and conservatives writ large) use all the time. The hand sign is his intentional gaslight to liberals and his intentional dog whistle to white supremacists who not only get off on Trump essentially recognizing them publicly but also the fact that it trolls the libs at the same time.

People get too bogged down in stuff like "oh the average rally goer doesn't know about this stuff" as if the video clip isn't immediately shared among millions on social media. this horsefeathers is not for the people in attendance, it's for the people online.

i guess i don't see the point in litigating uses of dog whistles when the racism is pretty out in the open and plainly stated

(muslim ban...internment camps...deportation rushes...'horsefeathers hole countries')
"hm i wonder what he intended to secretly convey with this one hand signal that racists also use"
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:14 pm

sneakypower wrote:
big ball chunky time wrote::-&
Derwood wrote:

i guess i don't see the point in litigating uses of dog whistles when the racism is pretty out in the open and plainly stated

(muslim ban...internment camps...deportation rushes...'horsefeathers hole countries')
"hm i wonder what he intended to secretly convey with this one hand signal that racists also use"

But there's nothing to wonder about with it.
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:25 pm

Credulous people continuing to explain away the super-edgy horsefeathers that Richard Spencer-types love never ceases to amaze me.
1 x

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:37 pm

1 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:03 pm

Today Mueller confirmed everything in his report. Impeachment should begin after the summer recess.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:13 pm

CubinNY wrote:Today Mueller confirmed everything in his report. Impeachment should begin after the summer recess.

But why risk impeaching a historically unpopular President after a blue wave election?***

***is a dumb thing that Nancy Pelosi believes.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:37 pm

do you impeach

or do you hang the republicans on the McConnell refusal to shore up the election process

Go after the republicans, get them out of office in 2020, then impeach Dump with a majority
0 x

Return to “Social”