Politics & Current Events

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 67553
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 6117
x 5964

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Banedon » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:58 pm

"Did you ask the Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden?" Cuomo asked Giuliani.

"No, actually I didn't. I asked the Ukraine to investigate the allegations that there was interference in the election of 2016 by the Ukrainians for the benefit of Hillary Clinton, for which there is already a court finding," Giuliani responded.

"You never asked anything about Hunter Biden? You never asked anything about Joe Biden and his role with the prosecutor?" Cuomo asked.

"The only thing I asked about Joe Biden is to get to the bottom of how it was that Lutsenko, who was appointed, dismissed the case," Giuliani said.

"So you did ask Ukraine to look into Joe Biden?" Cuomo pressed.

"Of course I did," Giuliani said.

When asked about his contradicting answer, Giuliani said he "didn't ask" for Biden to be investigated specifically, but asked Ukraine "to look into the allegations that related to my client, which tangentially involved Joe Biden in a massive bribery scheme."


https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/19/politics ... index.html
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 82309
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 13175
x 15694

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:16 pm

Image
4 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 17606
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: THE HONORABLE JUDGE PRICK
x 1596
x 762

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:09 pm

ffs
0 x
Image

User avatar
Bote McBoteface
All-Star
Posts: 3593
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 9:03 pm
Location: South Florida
x 53
x 220

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Bote McBoteface » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:16 pm

0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22924
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: Pike Road, Al
x 297
x 616

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CubinNY » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:32 pm

Will offering a quid pro quo to Ukraine spell the downfall of Trump's Presidency?

Magic 8 Ball: hahahahahahahahha!... no.
0 x

User avatar
TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 53790
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:47 pm
Location: Perth, W.A.
x 1340
x 2195
Contact:

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby TruffleShuffle » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:43 pm



can't wait for the sternly worded tweet from pelosi in response to a clearly impeachable action.
0 x
Fred Hornkohl wrote:Go CUBS !!

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 17606
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: THE HONORABLE JUDGE PRICK
x 1596
x 762

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:45 pm

TruffleShuffle wrote:https://twitter.com/CarolLeonnig/status/1175133359313424384

can't wait for the sternly worded tweet from pelosi in response to a clearly impeachable action.


you cant impeach an emperor
0 x
Image

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 82309
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 13175
x 15694

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:01 pm

Semi-lukewarm take:

Trump and co. are clearly in the wrong, yet again....BUT...the Bidens' dealings in Ukraine are shady as horsefeathers, and it was inevitable this was going to come up. Trump's doing Joe Biden a HUGE favor in going a long way to defuse it, but Hunter's "business" in Ukraine and China, and his dad's direct involvement, are some of the things that made him an obviously terrible candidate from the jump.
0 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8682
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 231
x 3190

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:20 pm

"Trade wars are good and easy to win."
0 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8682
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 231
x 3190

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:24 pm


1 x

User avatar
JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star
Posts: 4602
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 4504
x 1949

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:32 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Semi-lukewarm take:

Trump and co. are clearly in the wrong, yet again....BUT...the Bidens' dealings in Ukraine are shady as horsefeathers, and it was inevitable this was going to come up. Trump's doing Joe Biden a HUGE favor in going a long way to defuse it, but Hunter's "business" in Ukraine and China, and his dad's direct involvement, are some of the things that made him an obviously terrible candidate from the jump.

I hadn't heard about it until I looked it up last night. I used to think that Biden's old man goofs would cancel out his moderate brownie points and that he had as good a chance as any ol' candidate if he went on to the general. I don't think that at all at this point. I don't think this disfused anything. I now fear he's one of the worst options solely on the beating Trump front.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

User avatar
The_Achiever
All-Star
Posts: 1248
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:28 am
x 512
x 278

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby The_Achiever » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:59 pm

Just daydreaming about this taking down Trump AND Biden. But no, we're a stupid, cowardly country.
0 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8682
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 231
x 3190

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:13 pm

The geriatric Dem leadership has no clue how to take down a corrupt regime. Nor do they care to, it seems.
0 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 17606
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: THE HONORABLE JUDGE PRICK
x 1596
x 762

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:21 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:The geriatric Dem leadership has no clue how to take down a corrupt regime. Nor do they care to, it seems.


thats because they themselves are rather corrupt
0 x
Image

User avatar
JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star
Posts: 4602
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 4504
x 1949

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:24 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
CyHawk_Cub wrote:The geriatric Dem leadership has no clue how to take down a corrupt regime. Nor do they care to, it seems.


thats because they themselves are rather corrupt

Image
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

NOLA
All-Star
Posts: 4342
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 922
x 671
Contact:

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby NOLA » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:25 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Semi-lukewarm take:

Trump and co. are clearly in the wrong, yet again....BUT...the Bidens' dealings in Ukraine are shady as horsefeathers, and it was inevitable this was going to come up. Trump's doing Joe Biden a HUGE favor in going a long way to defuse it, but Hunter's "business" in Ukraine and China, and his dad's direct involvement, are some of the things that made him an obviously terrible candidate from the jump.

I hadn't heard about it until I looked it up last night. I used to think that Biden's old man goofs would cancel out his moderate brownie points and that he had as good a chance as any ol' candidate if he went on to the general. I don't think that at all at this point. I don't think this disfused anything. I now fear he's one of the worst options solely on the beating Trump front.

I agree, and I used to argue Biden’s electability here. Trump would destroy him in a debate.

Call me nuts, but I also think this whistleblower story has legs. There are actually tapes of the phone call where he asked him eight times to interfere in the election. There’s a smoking gun where there was not one in the Mueller Report.
0 x

User avatar
TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 53790
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:47 pm
Location: Perth, W.A.
x 1340
x 2195
Contact:

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby TruffleShuffle » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:28 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:


grandpa joe's response was also hot garbage.

0 x
Fred Hornkohl wrote:Go CUBS !!

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 82309
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 13175
x 15694

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:32 pm

NOLA wrote:Trump would destroy him in a debate.


I'm a broken record at this point, but it's been shown time and time again that the debates, any of them, do very little to actually move the needle in terms of public opinion/popularity.
3 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 82309
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 13175
x 15694

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:33 pm

TruffleShuffle wrote:grandpa joe's response was also hot garbage.



Woof. That is hardly a denial. "Nobody has found anything!"
1 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 17606
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: THE HONORABLE JUDGE PRICK
x 1596
x 762

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:48 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
TruffleShuffle wrote:grandpa joe's response was also hot garbage.



Woof. That is hardly a denial. "Nobody has found anything!"


Image
0 x
Image

NOLA
All-Star
Posts: 4342
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 922
x 671
Contact:

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby NOLA » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:00 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
NOLA wrote:Trump would destroy him in a debate.


I'm a broken record at this point, but it's been shown time and time again that the debates, any of them, do very little to actually move the needle in terms of public opinion/popularity.

You’re right, and I’m probably thinking more of the back and forth media game, like labeling him Sleepy Joe. The aw shucks responses aren’t going to work.
0 x

NOLA
All-Star
Posts: 4342
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 922
x 671
Contact:

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby NOLA » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:01 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
TruffleShuffle wrote:grandpa joe's response was also hot garbage.



Woof. That is hardly a denial. "Nobody has found anything!"

To be fair, Biden released a pretty direct response.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 82309
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 13175
x 15694

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:11 pm

NOLA wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
TruffleShuffle wrote:grandpa joe's response was also hot garbage.



Woof. That is hardly a denial. "Nobody has found anything!"

To be fair, Biden released a pretty direct response.


To Trump? Yes. Actually denying that he or his son didn't do anything untoward (or worse) in Ukraine? Where?
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 82309
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 13175
x 15694

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:12 pm

NOLA wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
NOLA wrote:Trump would destroy him in a debate.


I'm a broken record at this point, but it's been shown time and time again that the debates, any of them, do very little to actually move the needle in terms of public opinion/popularity.

You’re right, and I’m probably thinking more of the back and forth media game, like labeling him Sleepy Joe. The aw shucks responses aren’t going to work.


Nothing works along those lines; Trump is a nonstop troll. Trying to take him on directly is pointless. Their best bet, IMO, still remains selling themselves.
1 x

NOLA
All-Star
Posts: 4342
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 922
x 671
Contact:

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby NOLA » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:07 am

Yeah, but specifically to Biden, his “senior moments” will look weak next to Trump’s inane rambling. Cruel, cruel irony. If Biden gets flustered when Julian horsefeathering Castro confronts him, you’re going to lose a PR battle with Trump.
0 x


Return to “Social”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JudasIscariotTheBird and 11 guests