5-Time All-Star

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:56 am

0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:49 am

While that's true about MMA probably being the most friendly sports audience for Trump in general, the Masvidal-Diaz headlined card in MSG was possibly the worst event for him to choose to show his face at this year.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:51 pm

Lmao

3 x
Fred Hornkohl wrote:Go CUBS !!

PosterToBeNamedLater
Starter

Postby PosterToBeNamedLater » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:37 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:

0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:26 pm

Trump's twitter is going to be lit this week. It could be one of the worst weeks of his Presidency news-wise.
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:48 am

0 x

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:08 am

0 x

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:39 am

0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:57 am

https://spectator.us/seven-whistleblowers-jared-kushner-bin-salman/

According to Cockburn’s source about the seven whistleblowers, there’s more. It is that Kushner (allegedly) gave the green light to MBS to arrest the dissident journalist, Jamal Khashoggi, who was later murdered and dismembered in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. A second source tells Cockburn that this is true and adds a crucial twist to the story. This source claims that Turkish intelligence obtained an intercept of the call between Kushner and MBS. And President Erdogan used it to get Trump to roll over and pull American troops out of northern Syria before the Turks invaded. Cockburn hears that investigators for the House Intelligence Committee know this whole tale and the identities of some of the people telling it.

0 x
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:16 am

I mean that's wild, but this is from a website I've never heard of and the author just goes by the name Cockburn. Is this a reliable source of political news and rumors or just some pretender throwing darts?

I'm reading their "About Us" section and that does nothing to convince me of its validity.
1 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:30 am

The Logan wrote:I mean that's wild, but this is from a website I've never heard of and the author just goes by the name Cockburn. Is this a reliable source of political news and rumors or just some pretender throwing darts?

I'm reading their "About Us" section and that does nothing to convince me of its validity.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-spectator-usa/
RIGHT-CENTER BIAS

Factual Reporting: HIGH

World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180

The publication has existed since 1828. Now, ok, maybe this is just a Republican false flag distraction to be proven bunk...but then why state that the House Intel Committee knows about this? Its going to be the first thing Schiff gets asked on Monday. He'll either shoot it down immediately...or...
0 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:34 am

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
The Logan wrote:I mean that's wild, but this is from a website I've never heard of and the author just goes by the name Cockburn. Is this a reliable source of political news and rumors or just some pretender throwing darts?

RIGHT-CENTER BIAS

The publication has existed since 1828. Now, ok, maybe this is just a Republican false flag distraction to be proven bunk...but then why state that the House Intel Committee knows about this? Its going to be the first thing Schiff gets asked on Monday. He'll either shoot it down immediately...or...

At the very least, it's one juicy as horsefeathers rumor that I'd love to be true.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:37 am

The Logan wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:

RIGHT-CENTER BIAS

At the very least, it's one juicy as horsefeathers rumor that I'd love to be true.

I mean, for the obvious fact of sinking Trump, I get why you want it to be true, but horsefeathers, I really don't want it to be true
0 x

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:02 am

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
The Logan wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-spectator-usa/
RIGHT-CENTER BIAS

I mean, for the obvious fact of sinking Trump, I get why you want it to be true, but horsefeathers, I really don't want it to be true

Well yeah, of course, it would be nice if Khashoggi wasn't offed because someone like Jared Kushner gave them the green light to do so, but Khashoggi is gone and no one has been brought to justice for what was done to him. I want it to be true because this is not something that is easy to brush off and would shock an entire country to its core. The President's son-in-law, who technically holds no political power and repeatedly had his security clearance revoked time and again, gave the green light to a foreign power to murder an American journalist? Sorry, but I want that to be true because it will bring down so many people. In the big picture, yeah, it'd be nice if it wasn't, but if this was ordered by someone and they know who and the President is a part of this, those [expletive] need to pay for that grave injustice that has largely been forgotten over the course of this year because of all the other horsefeathers up horsefeathers they've been doing.

I'm past the point of questioning ill will on the President. The security and integrity of our country with Trump and the GOP in power legitimately frightens me. I want him and his horsefeathering brood to rot in a jail cell or a shallow grave, whichever comes first (the latter probably from those quirky Russians), and I want it preferably as soon as humanly possible to avoid any further damage done to this country.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:15 am

The Logan wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:
The Logan wrote:

Well yeah, of course, it would be nice if Khashoggi wasn't offed because someone like Jared Kushner gave them the green light to do so, but Khashoggi is gone and no one has been brought to justice for what was done to him. I want it to be true because this is not something that is easy to brush off and would shock an entire country to its core. The President's son-in-law, who technically holds no political power and repeatedly had his security clearance revoked time and again, gave the green light to a foreign power to murder an American journalist? Sorry, but I want that to be true because it will bring down so many people. In the big picture, yeah, it'd be nice if it wasn't, but if this was ordered by someone and they know who and the President is a part of this, those [expletive] need to pay for that grave injustice that has largely been forgotten over the course of this year because of all the other horsefeathers up horsefeathers they've been doing.

I'm past the point of questioning ill will on the President. The security and integrity of our country with Trump and the GOP in power legitimately frightens me. I want him and his horsefeathering brood to rot in a jail cell or a shallow grave, whichever comes first (the latter probably from those quirky Russians), and I want it preferably as soon as humanly possible to avoid any further damage done to this country.

There's also a non zero chance the bulk of the GOP still defends him at the end of the day, even if this is true, which is just terrifying.
2 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:09 am

WrigleyField 22 wrote:There's also a non zero chance the bulk of the GOP still defends him at the end of the day, even if this is true, which is just terrifying.

Call me Capt. Semantic if you must, but can we please stop using the term "non zero chance?" Pretty please? It drives me crazy. I don't need median outcomes with percentiles or error bars or anything like that. Let's just retire the term and say anything else. Its almost completely meaningless and often distorts reality. Even a Metalocalypse-esque "Hamburger chance" in its place would work for me.
0 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:05 am

0 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:58 am

1 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:14 pm

I hate how good he is at delegitamizing facts. He knows that whistleblower laws won't allow for this person to be exposed, and so he can project onto this anonymous person anything he likes, and there is no one to defend it.

And his followers lap it up
0 x

sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President

Postby sneakypower » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:46 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:The key is still going to be motivating Democratic voters, younger and (especially) older, in the battleground states to actually show up.

not meaning to single you out here but i always do marvel a bit at the disconnect between dems realizing that they need to figure out how to compel more younger & non-white voters to show up, while steadfastly refusing to support their preferred candidate
3 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:17 pm

sneakypower wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:The key is still going to be motivating Democratic voters, younger and (especially) older, in the battleground states to actually show up.

not meaning to single you out here but i always do marvel a bit at the disconnect between dems realizing that they need to figure out how to compel more younger & non-white voters to show up, while steadfastly refusing to support their preferred candidate

Especially since the polling in those states (AZ, PA, MI, WI, NC) has statistical dead heats between Trump and the top Dem candidates. Nationally, Trump is losing by 5-8 points, but that doesn't matter if he takes the battleground states again
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:04 pm

sneakypower wrote:

Are we talking and/or here? Warren/sanders are better with younger but Biden better with non white voters right? I don't know where young and non white necessarily fall, but the old "blue wall" states they lost generally whiter whereas the growth states that are still pretty red are the more non white ones. Which is obviously kind of damned if you damned if you don't approach as far as protecting what you have verse chasing demographic trends down the line.
0 x

sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President

Postby sneakypower » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:19 pm

the Oct 6-8 Fox News poll portrayed Bernie as having a sizable favorabilities advantage over the field in those cohorts (this has remained consistent for a pretty long time that i have seen)

Biden
non-white: 64-28 (+36)
under-45: 52-40 (+12)

Warren
non-white: 58-26 (+32)
under-45: 48-32 (+16)

Sanders
non-white: 70-24 (+46)
under-45: 63-31 (+32)
1 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:33 pm

Thanks. Has Bernie favorabilty demographics shifted significantly since 2016 because I seem to recall his non white support being a significant issue then. Or is it a case of not being able to capitalize favorabilty into votes necessarily?
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:39 pm

0 x

Return to “Social”