The Politics Thread

CyHawk_Cub
Superstar

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:56 pm

I'm starting to think AG Barr isn't on the up & up.
The Fox News/right wing radio ecosystem gets their needed content.
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
Superstar

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:38 pm

But, but if Dems play ball in the spirit of bipartisanship, for sure in the future under a Dem presidency, GOP'ers will....oh horsefeathers it, NVM.

0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:50 pm

Trump is such a terrible negotiator we have to wait and find out what the Democrats are getting in return.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:22 pm

Not sure the GOP could be any more obvious about what their given talking points are today (as every single one of them has read the same thing word for word).
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:31 pm

This dude Guy Reschenthaler is really terrible at this. He was clearly handed the comments to make when it was his turn, and he stumbled through all of them.
0 x

NOLA
5-Time All-Star

Postby NOLA » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:48 am

Damn, Swalwell is a badass.

1 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:44 pm

Yesterday was a giant waste of time. No wonder voters are tiring of the process
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:14 pm

Derwood wrote:Yesterday was a giant waste of time. No wonder voters are tiring of the process

This has been an incredibly fast process. Pelosi only announced the impeachment inquiry 2.5 months ago. And they're announcing articles of impeachment this morning...

House Democrats are expected to unveil two articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump early Tuesday morning ― one focused on abuse of power and another related to obstruction of Congress ― multiple media outlets reported late Monday.
0 x

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:15 pm

0 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:26 pm

Banedon wrote:
Derwood wrote:Yesterday was a giant waste of time. No wonder voters are tiring of the process

This has been an incredibly fast process. Pelosi only announced the impeachment inquiry 2.5 months ago. And they're announcing articles of impeachment this morning...

House Democrats are expected to unveil two articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump early Tuesday morning ― one focused on abuse of power and another related to obstruction of Congress ― multiple media outlets reported late Monday.

I understand all of that. The reason it was a waste of time was because they spent 10 hours in a room doing nothing but reviewing things they had seen/said several times before. Absolutely nothing new was introduced.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:06 pm

Derwood wrote:
Banedon wrote:

I understand all of that. The reason it was a waste of time was because they spent 10 hours in a room doing nothing but reviewing things they had seen/said several times before. Absolutely nothing new was introduced.

What do you think has been happening. Like, please explain in Derwood-ese what you think has been going on in this latest stage.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:14 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Derwood wrote:
Banedon wrote:

What do you think has been happening. Like, please explain in Derwood-ese what you think has been going on in this latest stage.

1 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:36 pm

Derwood wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
Derwood wrote:

5 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

The_Achiever
All-Star

Postby The_Achiever » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:28 pm

I really need to get off twitter. Just crazy to see all the gop horsefeathers and their followers constantly spinning everything about Trump. The recent FBI/FISA being the latest example. Hannity going all Hannity and saying "everything I've said over the past 3 years has been right" and them all lapping it up. Meanwhile Trump meeting with the Russians today......

This election will be the most important of my lifetime by a longshot. This thing needs to be a rout because if it's even close the GOP will find a way to cheat their way in. And even if they lose they leave behind just a huge mess anyway. Probably a looming financial disaster too, and all for a President Biden or Buttjuice?

Sorry for the rant but the past few days have felt very deflating.
0 x

weis21
5-Time All-Star

Postby weis21 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:31 pm

Derwood wrote:
Banedon wrote:

anybody else see posts like this from derwood from time to time and then hit reply to respond only to hit the back button because sofa is always so happy to take care of the light work?
2 x

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:37 pm

The_Achiever wrote:I really need to get off twitter.

This is true for most people. Always remember that modern media is monetarily incentivized to maximize "engagement" and that they've found the most reliable way to do that is to stoke outrage. Social media is designed to make and keep you angry, and not angry in a way that can be channeled toward productivity, but angry specifically in a way that compels you to repeatedly log back into social media.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:41 pm

weis21 wrote:
Derwood wrote:
Banedon wrote:

anybody else see posts like this from derwood from time to time and then hit reply to respond only to hit the back button because sofa is always so happy to take care of the light work?

What do you think was accomplished yesterday? What moved the needle? The articles of impeachment were going to be written with our without yesterday's session.

It was 10 hours of Chris Farley interviewing Paul McCartney; "Remember that time Ambassador Sondland said there was a Quid Pro Quo? You....you remember that? That was awesome..."
1 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:45 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:

This is true for most people. Always remember that modern media is monetarily incentivized to maximize "engagement" and that they've found the most reliable way to do that is to stoke outrage. Social media is designed to make and keep you angry, and not angry in a way that can be channeled toward productivity, but angry specifically in a way that compels you to repeatedly log back into social media.

0 x
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:47 pm

Derwood wrote:
It was 10 hours of Chris Farley interviewing Paul McCartney; "Remember that time Ambassador Sondland said there was a Quid Pro Quo? You....you remember that? That was awesome..."

But that is exactly what the American public needs. Over and over, on repeat, 24/7.
0 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

The_Achiever
All-Star

Postby The_Achiever » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:51 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:

All 100% true. Normally I can handle it but trumpworld has just been extra noxious lately. That being said I bet it just feels great to unhinge from reality. I wish I had an outlet like that.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:57 pm

Derwood wrote:
weis21 wrote:
Derwood wrote:

What do you think was accomplished yesterday? What moved the needle? The articles of impeachment were going to be written with our without yesterday's session.

I swear this dude thought Jack McCoy was going to suddenly show up and dump a bunch of transcripts and tapes on the table or something.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:01 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Derwood wrote:
weis21 wrote:anybody else see posts like this from derwood from time to time and then hit reply to respond only to hit the back button because sofa is always so happy to take care of the light work?

I swear this dude thought Jack McCoy was going to suddenly show up and dump a bunch of transcripts and tapes on the table or something.

I didn't expect any such thing. I thought that what we saw/heard in the Intelligence hearings was what we were going to get, and that the Judiciary part was merely procedural/token. It was a full day of bloviating and reading talking points on both sides. And the idea of "let's cross examine our own counsel" was just silly to begin with.
0 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:03 pm

Derwood wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
Derwood wrote:

I didn't expect any such thing. I thought that what we saw/heard in the Intelligence hearings was what we were going to get, and that the Judiciary part was merely procedural/token. It was a full day of bloviating and reading talking points on both sides. And the idea of "let's cross examine our own counsel" was just silly to begin with.

why did you watch this whole thing
3 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:04 pm

Derwood wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
Derwood wrote:

Yes, politicians like to express their opinion. It was completely procedural. But everybody needs to get their face time. Welcome to politics.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:07 pm

The Senate hearings are going to be a complete circus.
0 x

Return to “Social”