JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:56 pm

OleMissCub wrote:What an imbecile

...holy horsefeathers. Is that real!?
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:08 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:What an imbecile

...holy horsefeathers. Is that real!?

Yes. Neither one of those two idiots likely knows the Nero fable, or who Nero was for that matter.
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:11 pm

From a site by #nevertrump'ers and mostly for #nevetrump'ers...so I know some don't care to see it. IMO, though, a worthwhile read if for no other reason than to keep tabs on the fever swamp. YMMV

It’s possible, of course, that by embracing the groypers, Malkin is just finally deciding to let her freak flag fly. Or it’s possible that her new views really do differ in kind from her old views—that some precipitating event changed her basic outlook on the world.

But it seems just as possible that Malkin may be positioning to build a new platform. The old trifecta of column writing, dead-tree book publishing, and cable news contracts is a dying model and whatever else you want to say about Malkin, she’s always been entrepreneurial.

Lots of people seem to think that the alt-right is a phenomenon that will disappear when the Trump administration ends. It seems equally likely that the alt-right is waiting to be monetized by someone able to look past the bigotry and see it as an asset ready to be put to work. Why couldn’t Alt-Right, Inc. be the new Conservative, Inc.?
0 x

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:19 pm

this tweet has had a hell of a fortnight.

2 x
Fred Hornkohl wrote:Go CUBS !!

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:46 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:From a site by #nevertrump'ers and mostly for #nevetrump'ers...so I know some don't care to see it. IMO, though, a worthwhile read if for no other reason than to keep tabs on the fever swamp. YMMV

It’s possible, of course, that by embracing the groypers, Malkin is just finally deciding to let her freak flag fly. Or it’s possible that her new views really do differ in kind from her old views—that some precipitating event changed her basic outlook on the world.

But it seems just as possible that Malkin may be positioning to build a new platform. The old trifecta of column writing, dead-tree book publishing, and cable news contracts is a dying model and whatever else you want to say about Malkin, she’s always been entrepreneurial.

Lots of people seem to think that the alt-right is a phenomenon that will disappear when the Trump administration ends. It seems equally likely that the alt-right is waiting to be monetized by someone able to look past the bigotry and see it as an asset ready to be put to work. Why couldn’t Alt-Right, Inc. be the new Conservative, Inc.?

The article starts with a false premise, Malkin somehow moved to the fringe of conservatism. These people, (Wilson, Carpenter, Frum, Boot, etc.) are self-delusional about what conservatism is, and has always been. It's always been anti-immigrant, bigoted, and horrible. Even when Irving Kristol and the rest of the neo-cons provided the intellectual window dressing, their nativism was a defining feature. They, the Jewish intellectuals, just thought they would be included too.
1 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:02 pm

I'm going to leave this here, and I promise I won't comment on it for 90 days, swear to God.

0 x
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:34 pm

lol
1 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

The_Achiever
All-Star

Postby The_Achiever » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:04 pm

The powers that be will never allow someone like Bernie to be president.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:58 pm

The_Achiever wrote:The powers that be will never allow someone like Bernie to be president.

If by that you mean, "the voters", I agree.
1 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:56 pm

1 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:04 pm

CubinNY wrote:https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/1237069021050265602?s=21

...I feel like he has good reason to be scared, though.
0 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:12 pm

why do I feel like marshal law is coming
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:14 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:why do I feel like marshal law is coming

Did he send you a dirty text or something?
6 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:28 pm

If he does get it, it will be from one of the idiots at Maralago
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:29 pm

Trump will get it from Matt Gaetz, who a) was just on Airforce One with Trump and b) is now in self-quarantine
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:08 pm

Derwood wrote:Trump will get it from Matt Gaetz, who a) was just on Airforce One with Trump and b) is now in self-quarantine

If only:
0 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:20 pm

Some days I get so damn depressed at the state of our existence in America. We are truly living in a postmodern hellscape where objective reality is irrelevant. Alabama seems to be the epicenter. The local schools are failing to teach my children, rural hospitals are closing because the state won't expand Medicaid, the majority of GOP voters believe the coronavirus is a scare tactic/hoax created by ???/the media/deep state/Democrats/China/Soros/you name the amorphous boogie man to stop the Trump TrainTM.

It is just really overwhelming me right now. I get paralyzed by my preservations on it for hours.
0 x

Rob
Superstar

Postby Rob » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:46 pm

CubinNY wrote:Some days I get so damn depressed at the state of our existence in America. We are truly living in a postmodern hellscape where objective reality is irrelevant. Alabama seems to be the epicenter. The local schools are failing to teach my children, rural hospitals are closing because the state won't expand Medicaid, the majority of GOP voters believe the coronavirus is a scare tactic/hoax created by ???/the media/deep state/Democrats/China/Soros/you name the amorphous boogie man to stop the Trump TrainTM.

It is just really overwhelming me right now. I get paralyzed by my preservations on it for hours.

Yeah, my happy place right now is just an updated hermit fantasy. I want to buy a small self-sustainable farm in the country somewhere and live a life completely disconnected from the rest of society. Get rid of my phone and pretend the rest of the world has no impact on me.

I feel like I spend an hour or two imagining it every day.
0 x

NOLA
5-Time All-Star

Postby NOLA » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:06 pm

Rob wrote:
CubinNY wrote:Some days I get so damn depressed at the state of our existence in America. We are truly living in a postmodern hellscape where objective reality is irrelevant. Alabama seems to be the epicenter. The local schools are failing to teach my children, rural hospitals are closing because the state won't expand Medicaid, the majority of GOP voters believe the coronavirus is a scare tactic/hoax created by ???/the media/deep state/Democrats/China/Soros/you name the amorphous boogie man to stop the Trump TrainTM.

Yeah, my happy place right now is just an updated hermit fantasy. I want to buy a small self-sustainable farm in the country somewhere and live a life completely disconnected from the rest of society. Get rid of my phone and pretend the rest of the world has no impact on me.

I feel like I spend an hour or two imagining it every day.

For a few years now, I have been making an exit strategy to move to Mexico. My gf and I have discussed speeding up the timetable if Trump wins a second term-not even remotely kidding.

I would suggest getting off of social media occasionaly (this site excluded, of course). Others have said it, but I don't regret getting off of Facebook whatsoever, and I'll ban myself from Twitter now and then as well. If anyone approaches me wanting to discuss politics, I'm happy to do so. I will vote and if I have time volunteer for the party. Sometimes, it's just good for the soul to not be plugged into politics every single day. If you want to turn that angst into a positive force up and down the ballot in your area, here is a good link to get involved.
https://votesaveamerica.com/save-america/
0 x

NOLA
5-Time All-Star

Postby NOLA » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:15 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:why do I feel like marshal law is coming

I do worry that if Trump sees he's about to lose, he might try to suspend the election in November, blaming it on the virus. I've learned to never say never the last few years.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:15 pm

Way to go, Dem electorate!
1 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

NOLA
5-Time All-Star

Postby NOLA » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:22 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:https://twitter.com/CANCEL_SAM/status/1237419091134210048

Just curious, but will you continue to spread tweets like this if Bernie gets trounced tonight by Biden? Call me crazy, but saying that our likely nominee against Trump is not mentally fit to govern seems like it's not helping.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:32 pm

NOLA wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:https://twitter.com/CANCEL_SAM/status/1237419091134210048

Just curious, but will you continue to spread tweets like this if Bernie gets trounced tonight by Biden? Call me crazy, but saying that our likely nominee against Trump is not mentally fit to govern seems like it's not helping.

Only place I posted it was here, also:
A) what I say holds no sway
B) lol

You're talking about cutting bait and running to Mexico and in the same breath you are admonishing me for not bringing the party together. Seriously, screw off. He ISN'T mentally fit to be President. Its still a no-brainer to vote for the declining moron, but that's hardly the point.
3 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:44 pm

his argument is spot on and he was tough talking a [expletive] conservative gun-humper, i fail to see the problem
5 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

Return to “Social”