Politics & Current Events

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CubinNY » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:30 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:

Seriously, somebody needs to save us from this clown. Pence needs to have a cabinet meeting and invoke the 25th Amendment.
0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:50 pm

And who would save us from that clown?
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:05 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:And who would save us from that clown?

Senator Pelosi
1 x

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:14 pm

0 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:18 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:

Senator Pelosi

Deeeeep pull
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:21 pm

We've lined up a fabulous type of gorilla that thrives on clown meat.
4 x

DonnieD
Starter

Postby DonnieD » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:28 am

WrigleyField 22 wrote:I've seen people talking about Duckworth which I found a little surprising.

I don’t think Duckworth is eligible.
0 x
"WITH GORILLA GONE, WILL THERE BE HOPE FOR MAN?" Daniel Quinn, Ishmael

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:38 am

:-k :-k :-k
4 x
Fred Hornkohl wrote:Go CUBS !!

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:50 am

This is horsefeathering [expletive]

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/us/p ... rence.html

horsefeathering scumbags. Unbelievable.
0 x

CoolHandLuke
All-Star

Postby CoolHandLuke » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:50 am

DonnieD wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:I've seen people talking about Duckworth which I found a little surprising.

I don’t think Duckworth is eligible.

Dad was a US citizen in the military. So just like Cruz and McCain she has no reason to be ineligible.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:01 am

0 x
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:39 am

Damn, took some time away from social media tonight, but just crawled Twitter for a bit only to see the Fox News/State News outlets, as well as Trump, are retconning their reprehensible reactions to COVID-19. Devin Nunes outright lying tonight about his statements on Fox over the weekend telling viewers to go out and be merry, is but one awful example.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:24 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:Damn, took some time away from social media tonight, but just crawled Twitter for a bit only to see the Fox News/State News outlets, as well as Trump, are retconning their reprehensible reactions to COVID-19. Devin Nunes outright lying tonight about his statements on Fox over the weekend telling viewers to go out and be merry, is but one awful example.

They are completely retrofitting their position seemingly unaware that there is video evidence to the contrary.
0 x

Thurman Merman
Starter

Postby Thurman Merman » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:59 pm

Props to all the young people who replaced all the usual old people at my polling place.
0 x

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:30 pm

0 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:22 pm

Thurman Merman wrote:Props to all the young people who replaced all the usual old people at my polling place.

Old people being scared to go to the polls has to be a big help to Bernie right? I'm guessing there's more early voting that normal but the majority still votes on primary day.
0 x
Win it for Fred

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:23 pm

0 x

Thurman Merman
Starter

Postby Thurman Merman » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:25 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
Thurman Merman wrote:Props to all the young people who replaced all the usual old people at my polling place.

Old people being scared to go to the polls has to be a big help to Bernie right? I'm guessing there's more early voting that normal but the majority still votes on primary day.

I meant as volunteers, but the point still stands
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:29 pm

Someone smarter than me with money stuff tell me why something like floating mortgages back a month wouldn't work.

Like, could you basically order that mortgages are essentially pushed back from April, so the total life of the mortgage is just extended a month at the end. So nobody has to pay their mortgage in April, and then ideally that also gives a break to people paying rent (provided they don't have a scumbag landlord...tall order, I know). Is this do-able?
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:42 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Someone smarter than me with money stuff tell me why something like floating mortgages back a month wouldn't work.

Like, could you basically order that mortgages are essentially pushed back from April, so the total life of the mortgage is just extended a month at the end. So nobody has to pay their mortgage in April, and then ideally that also gives a break to people paying rent (provided they don't have a scumbag landlord...tall order, I know). Is this do-able?

Well, totally. But you'll hear some BS about how this will cause the banks to become illiquid, which is incrimentally true but not nearly as important as people having money to spend. It's less of a burden than forgiving a month's worth of rent, obviously, which is where the money really should be going.
0 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:55 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Someone smarter than me with money stuff tell me why something like floating mortgages back a month wouldn't work.

Well, totally. But you'll hear some BS about how this will cause the banks to become illiquid, which is incrimentally true but not nearly as important as people having money to spend. It's less of a burden than forgiving a month's worth of rent, obviously, which is where the money really should be going.

Yeah, that was my thinking: if these idiots wanted to look for something to help jump start the economy to any degree down the line, it would be people having money to spend. Float the mortgages for a month, do the Romney and co. whatever plan of giving out a grand to everyone, and standby with serious tax breaks and bailouts for the smaller businesses that have to weather this.
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:03 pm

0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:07 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:

Yeah, that was my thinking: if these idiots wanted to look for something to help jump start the economy to any degree down the line, it would be people having money to spend. Float the mortgages for a month, do the Romney and co. whatever plan of giving out a grand to everyone, and standby with serious tax breaks and bailouts for the smaller businesses that have to weather this.

This is all a no duh, even for Republican thought. The only reason the Senate is holding any of this up is because they want to extract some kind of consession on abortions or something. Its gross. And yeah, the reason its important to keep the banks liquid is so they can loan money to people so that they can spend and remain productive. Not only that, but this could cause massive amounts of foreclosures. Even the banks don't want that. A short term moratorium on mortgages makes sense for everyone involved. Its essentially lowering the interest rates to zero for a month a two, which is a tool the Fed has been using already.
1 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:08 pm

0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:12 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:

They need to give people money to pay their bills directly. Mitt Romney knows this and for saying it he might as well switch parties if he wants to run for President again in 2024.

Illiquidity is a real issue and not a marginal issue.
0 x

Return to “Social”