Politics & Current Events

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby David » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:42 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Hairyducked Idiot wrote:Given his general state of physical health, I'd assume if Trump had been positive he'd be on death's door by now.

The McDonald's special sauce that lines his entire insides prevents the virus from being able to latch on.

8 x

squally1313
All-Star

Postby squally1313 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:12 pm

I can't decide how...unique to Trump this is, but it's very strange how there hasn't been an ounce of sympathy to the victims of this coming from the White House, and it's really not even a story.
1 x

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:21 pm

Any sympathy from the "horsefeathers your feelings" crowd is reserved for Dear Leader when he is unfairly attacked by #fakenews and libtard snowflakes.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:26 pm

squally1313 wrote:I can't decide how...unique to Trump this is, but it's very strange how there hasn't been an ounce of sympathy to the victims of this coming from the White House, and it's really not even a story.

Well that's just not fair. This victim has gotten plenty of sympathy.

0 x

abuck1220
Hall of Fame

Postby abuck1220 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:00 pm

it is pretty wild, i guess, but not all that surprising. i'm sure in trump's mind, if he expressed some type of sympathy for someone who died, he would feel as though he was admitting to some type of fault or accepting some type of responsibility for it.

also, just try to picture in your head trump trying to express any type of sympathy toward a human being...it's pretty impossible. if you think about it, really the only words that come out of his mouth are brags and complaints/grievances.
2 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:11 pm

He’s a textbook narcissist and sociopath.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:42 pm

Sure we're going through a pandemic that is worse than anything we've experienced in our lifetimes, but yes lets ignore requests for help from the heads of 2 of the 15 biggest states in the country who happen to have amongst the highest number of cases because they did not ask nicely enough.

I would kill to have just a normal run of the mill evil republican president right now. So sick of this asinine discourse
0 x
Win it for Fred

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:45 am

0 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:47 am

Stop watching/paying attention to him. There are a million better ways to get I formation that don’t raise your blood pressure
Last edited by Derwood on Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:35 am

Evidently Trump called ARod and JLo to ask their advice on the crisis. Also today called our governor "Half" Whitmer.

At least once a day I marvel at the fact that this guy's face will be all over documentaries done about this time in our lives a couple decades from now.
0 x
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ITS THE THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE FOR GODS SAKES

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:27 pm

You see, Congressman, Originalist Constitutionalism is a living, breathing thing; malleable to demands of current times.

....when Dems aren't in charge.

0 x

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:57 pm

0 x

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:12 pm

You've got to be horsefeathering kidding me

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... ont-comply

President Donald Trump said on Friday that he will not adhere to a portion of the $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus bill that would authorize an inspector general to oversee how $500 billion in business loans will be spent.

In a statement released early Friday evening, Trump announced that he had signed into law the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security or CARES Act, a relief package aimed at mitigating some of the economic fallout caused by efforts to allay the spread of Covid-19.

That bill also establishes a Special Inspector General for Pandemic Recovery (SIGPR) within the Treasury Department to audit and investigate half a trillion dollars in loans for large businesses. In his signing statement, Trump said that this provision raises “constitutional concerns,” adding that his administration would not comply with such an official’s request for documents.

“I do not understand, and my Administration will not treat, this provision as permitting the SIGPR to issue reports to the Congress without the presidential supervision required by the Take Care Clause,” part of Article II Section 3 of the Constitution that states a sitting president “shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed.” This seems to suggest the administration believes it is the president’s duty and not that of an inspector general to ensure the funds are distributed as the law intends.
0 x

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:18 am

lmao judge box o' wine is horsefeathering loooooooaded.
0 x
Fred Hornkohl wrote:Go CUBS !!

gflore34
All-Star

Postby gflore34 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:25 pm

Andy wrote:Evidently Trump called ARod and JLo to ask their advice on the crisis. Also today called our governor "Half" Whitmer.

At least once a day I marvel at the fact that this guy's face will be all over documentaries done about this time in our lives a couple decades from now.

I know she will not lower herself to his level of childness and pettiness but, wouldn't be awesome if Gov. Whitmer to told him to go horsefeathers himself? Come November Biden or Sanders must come up with a nickname for him, I like "Dumb Donald" short and to the point.
0 x

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:26 pm

gflore34 wrote:
Andy wrote:Evidently Trump called ARod and JLo to ask their advice on the crisis. Also today called our governor "Half" Whitmer.

I know she will not lower herself to his level of childness and pettiness but, wouldn't be awesome if Gov. Whitmer to told him to go horsefeathers himself? Come November Biden or Sanders must come up with a nickname for him, I like "Dumb Donald" short and to the point.

Donald Rump made an ass of himself again.
0 x
Spoiler: show

MidoreX
All-Star

Postby MidoreX » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:27 pm

gflore34 wrote:

Don the Con.
0 x

gflore34
All-Star

Postby gflore34 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:30 pm

Tim wrote:
gflore34 wrote:

Donald Rump made an ass of himself again.

I like this...
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:30 pm

Nah. If a Democrat started calling Trump a nickname, he would get eviscerated for "taking the low road", while Trump continues doing the same thing with impunity
0 x

gflore34
All-Star

Postby gflore34 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:31 pm

MidoreX wrote:
gflore34 wrote:

Don the Con.

True enough, think he might take it as a compliment though.
0 x

gflore34
All-Star

Postby gflore34 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:00 pm

The Logan wrote:You've got to be horsefeathering kidding me

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... ont-comply

President Donald Trump said on Friday that he will not adhere to a portion of the $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus bill that would authorize an inspector general to oversee how $500 billion in business loans will be spent.

In a statement released early Friday evening, Trump announced that he had signed into law the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security or CARES Act, a relief package aimed at mitigating some of the economic fallout caused by efforts to allay the spread of Covid-19.

That bill also establishes a Special Inspector General for Pandemic Recovery (SIGPR) within the Treasury Department to audit and investigate half a trillion dollars in loans for large businesses. In his signing statement, Trump said that this provision raises “constitutional concerns,” adding that his administration would not comply with such an official’s request for documents.

“I do not understand, and my Administration will not treat, this provision as permitting the SIGPR to issue reports to the Congress without the presidential supervision required by the Take Care Clause,” part of Article II Section 3 of the Constitution that states a sitting president “shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed.” This seems to suggest the administration believes it is the president’s duty and not that of an inspector general to ensure the funds are distributed as the law intends.

Fine and when he distributes funding towards his own interests that'll finally crystalize the fact that he cares for no one or nothing but himself. He's money hungry there's no way he won't try to take a chunk. It won't turn his base however, it'll do enough damage to turn fringe voters against him, which is all that's necessary to vote him out.
0 x

soccer10k
Hall of Fame

Postby soccer10k » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:25 pm

This horsefeathering guy.
0 x
In Theo we trust.

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:43 am

0 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:06 pm

https://theweek.com/speedreads/905601/f ... n-lawsuits

Sue them into oblivion

When I've been talking to Fox insiders over the last few days, there's a real concern inside the network that their early downplaying of the coronavirus actually exposes Fox News to potential legal action by viewers who maybe were misled and actually have died from this. I've heard Trish Regan's being taken off the air is, you know, reflective of this concern that Fox News is in big trouble by downplaying this virus. ... I think this is a case where Fox's coverage, if it actually winds up being proved that people died because of it, this is a new terrain in terms of Fox being possibly held liable for their actions. [Gabriel Sherman, MSNBC]

Meanwhile...

0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:13 pm

I'm mildly (pleasantly?) surprised it's that low, but then again most of those 37% are probably, "it's just a flu" truthers who are mad he's doing anything
0 x

Return to “Social”