The Politics Thread

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 14429
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 2635
x 1633

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:37 am

Derwood wrote:I'm curious to see what a Trump speech looks like without a big crowd of supporters for him to play to. How awkward will this be when Trump can't bask in the glow of MAGAbilly Nation hootin' and hollerin' at this every word? Have we EVER seen Trump have to play to a camera?

Based on clips I saw from earlier today theres a small crowd for him?
0 x
Image

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 35487
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 1035
x 7276

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:11 am

CubinNY wrote:Falwell resigned as President of Liberty University but I’m pretty sure his family owns it so I don’t what that means.

He’s probably just taking a break. He’ll sit back and watch some other guys come in and do some things.
2 x
Image

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 72703
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1464
x 3196

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Derwood » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:27 am

The GOP trying to attack Biden from the left sure is a tactic
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 72703
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1464
x 3196

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Derwood » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:28 am

Don Jr. looks like he's about to cry

He's also talking too fast

tl;dr he's bad at this
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 72703
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1464
x 3196

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Derwood » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:35 am

Jr. is coked out of his mind
0 x

User avatar
Brian
Hall of Fame
Posts: 29957
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Chicago
x 44
x 5728
Contact:

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Brian » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:33 am

Derwood wrote:Jr. is coked out of his mind


his girlfriend too, from the clips I saw she went full Dwight Schrute
Image
2 x

User avatar
Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise
Posts: 35328
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: GRIP IT AND RIP IT
x 2429
x 2934

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:05 am

The Republican convention makes Democrats sound way cooler than the Democratic convention did.
4 x

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 35487
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 1035
x 7276

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:59 am

3 x
Image

User avatar
The_Achiever
All-Star
Posts: 1366
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:28 am
x 550
x 304

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby The_Achiever » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:05 am

It’s hard for me to think that the gop hasn’t found their voice and that voice is unhinged and angry.

How can they run anyone in the future who isn’t tossing the base red meat?

The democrats better make people’s lives a lot better from 2020-2022 or I think we’ll see another drumphf (or drumphfer) in the White House. And that is only if Biden wins and there are senate gains, of course.

Trying not to be too Debbie downer but it does feel like the country is giving in to hate.
1 x

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 35487
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 1035
x 7276

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:05 am

5 x
Image

User avatar
TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 53950
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:47 pm
Location: Perth, W.A.
x 1406
x 2546
Contact:

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby TruffleShuffle » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:42 am

Derwood wrote:Jr. is coked out of his mind

2 x

User avatar
The Logan
Superstar
Posts: 15821
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:03 am
Location: Southport Corridor
x 7108
x 2401

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby The Logan » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:51 am

The_Achiever wrote:It’s hard for me to think that the gop hasn’t found their voice and that voice is unhinged and angry.

How can they run anyone in the future who isn’t tossing the base red meat?

The democrats better make people’s lives a lot better from 2020-2022 or I think we’ll see another drumphf (or drumphfer) in the White House. And that is only if Biden wins and there are senate gains, of course.

Trying not to be too Debbie downer but it does feel like the country is giving in to hate.


They will give in to hate. If the Dems sweep the elections and they go out and give everyone the best healthcare system the world has ever seen and made everyone's quality of life better by raising the minimum wage which boosts the economy into a massive rebound, they will still say that Trump was responsible and blame Democrats for some obscure crime that isn't actually crime or never actually happened.

The Logan wrote:An anonymous source claims Don Jr. is worried they're going to lose the election and they'll all get prosecuted. There was a very simple solution to not needing to worry about that...

Spoiler: show
Image



I posted this joke to Reddit shortly after I made it here. It made the front page and as a result, I got a lot of crazy in my inbox and the majority of it is something along the lines of

"Who cares, the Clintons have been murdering people for years!" or "Oh but Hunter Biden can be coked out of his mind and work for Ukraine!?!" or "No one cared when Obama broke the law!" or "What crimes have they even committed?!?" or "Which is what I say when I read about the cops shooting someone!"

Just baseless, unsubstantiated, factless accusations that confirm their bias and make them feel warm inside. They are still clutching the pearls of "But Clinton and Obama!" as if it's some kind of political checkmate maneuver.

The world would be a better place if the ones on the right who have let hate govern their moral and political compass just up and died.
0 x
Image

User avatar
gflore34
All-Star
Posts: 4446
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:32 pm
Location: Lansing, MI.
x 47
x 91

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby gflore34 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:16 pm

No matter how many talking faces they parade out there at the RNC regarding COVID they cannot get around, wish away, lie away, hope away, the numbers. Leading the world in infections and deaths would be my response to all of their talking points and under who's term?
0 x

User avatar
TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 53950
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:47 pm
Location: Perth, W.A.
x 1406
x 2546
Contact:

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby TruffleShuffle » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:33 pm

Image
5 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame
Posts: 23679
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: Pike Road, Al
x 433
x 896

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CubinNY » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:04 pm

gflore34 wrote:No matter how many talking faces they parade out there at the RNC regarding COVID they cannot get around, wish away, lie away, hope away, the numbers. Leading the world in infections and deaths would be my response to all of their talking points and under who's term?

There are large numbers of people who believe this is all a hoax. All of them who are voting are voting for Trump.
0 x

User avatar
gflore34
All-Star
Posts: 4446
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:32 pm
Location: Lansing, MI.
x 47
x 91

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby gflore34 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:12 pm

CubinNY wrote:
gflore34 wrote:No matter how many talking faces they parade out there at the RNC regarding COVID they cannot get around, wish away, lie away, hope away, the numbers. Leading the world in infections and deaths would be my response to all of their talking points and under who's term?

There are large numbers of people who believe this is all a hoax. All of them who are voting are voting for Trump.


Unfortunately, that's true, if there's one truism regarding such people it's ignorance or even, willful ignorance reigns supreme.
0 x

User avatar
gflore34
All-Star
Posts: 4446
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:32 pm
Location: Lansing, MI.
x 47
x 91

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby gflore34 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:20 pm

TruffleShuffle wrote:Image


He was obviously trying for some form of figurative speech however, given HW played football, something along the lines of HW scoring a touchdown or taking it to the house, etc. may have been more effective.
0 x

User avatar
bukie
Superstar
Posts: 18813
Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 4:17 am
Location: Midlothian, IL
x 32
x 2118
Contact:

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby bukie » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:32 pm

gflore34 wrote:
TruffleShuffle wrote:Image


He was obviously trying for some form of figurative speech however, given HW played football, something along the lines of HW scoring a touchdown or taking it to the house, etc. may have been more effective.

A slam dunk of a speech, for sure.
1 x
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.

User avatar
gflore34
All-Star
Posts: 4446
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:32 pm
Location: Lansing, MI.
x 47
x 91

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby gflore34 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:39 pm

bukie wrote:
gflore34 wrote:
TruffleShuffle wrote:Image


He was obviously trying for some form of figurative speech however, given HW played football, something along the lines of HW scoring a touchdown or taking it to the house, etc. may have been more effective.

A slam dunk of a speech, for sure.


You bet, was a sweet one-timer coming off a nice clear.
0 x

User avatar
bukie
Superstar
Posts: 18813
Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 4:17 am
Location: Midlothian, IL
x 32
x 2118
Contact:

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby bukie » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:55 pm

gflore34 wrote:
bukie wrote:
gflore34 wrote:
He was obviously trying for some form of figurative speech however, given HW played football, something along the lines of HW scoring a touchdown or taking it to the house, etc. may have been more effective.

A slam dunk of a speech, for sure.


You bet, was a sweet one-timer coming off a nice clear.

A veritable golazo.
0 x
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 84223
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 15074
x 17465

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:19 pm

gflore34 wrote:
CubinNY wrote:
gflore34 wrote:No matter how many talking faces they parade out there at the RNC regarding COVID they cannot get around, wish away, lie away, hope away, the numbers. Leading the world in infections and deaths would be my response to all of their talking points and under who's term?

There are large numbers of people who believe this is all a hoax. All of them who are voting are voting for Trump.


Unfortunately, that's true, if there's one truism regarding such people it's ignorance or even, willful ignorance reigns supreme.


I think Trump has a terrifyingly easy potential scenario in the next 2+ months where the virus news not doesn't hurt him, but actually helps him.

IMO, the only think that can really hurt him along these lines is, horrifically, the deaths spiking again. With the way new cases are trending down steadily week after week, the deaths are, of course, going to follow the same path 2+ weeks behind. Combine that with how we have a really good chance of one or more successful vaccines being announced between now and Election Day, any good news on that front is only going to help him because it's going to pump up the stock market.

As ridiculous as it seems, it's not a long shot at all for the virus news between now and November to not be a real problem for him (in terms of getting Republican voters to vote for him/stick with him). Every time it looks/sounds like things are getting better, or that the economy is doing better, regardless of the actual long term outlook, that sound you hear is a flock of wary Republican voters who have been looking and hoping for any justification to keep voting R this November.
0 x

User avatar
Bote McBoteface
All-Star
Posts: 3659
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 9:03 pm
Location: South Florida
x 59
x 237

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Bote McBoteface » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:30 pm

I can barely stand to even watch clips of the RNC. How does this fear mongering and naked propaganda appeal to people? How does it appeal to people who received the same education that I did? Just craziness. These people can never win another election.
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 72703
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1464
x 3196

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Derwood » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:38 pm

Bote McBoteface wrote:I can barely stand to even watch clips of the RNC. How does this fear mongering and naked propaganda appeal to people? How does it appeal to people who received the same education that I did? Just craziness. These people can never win another election.


fear mongering? no no no...the GOP told us their convention was going to be about unity and positivity!
0 x

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 62501
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 10342
x 5872

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby David » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:10 pm

Brian wrote:
Derwood wrote:Jr. is coked out of his mind


his girlfriend too, from the clips I saw she went full Dwight Schrute
Image


2 x

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 35487
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 1035
x 7276

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:21 pm

Maybe this belongs in the "Super Catchy Tunes" thread instead.

1 x
Image


Return to “Social”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brian, Google Adsense [Bot], WrigleyField 22 and 8 guests