The Politics Thread

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9625
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 454
x 3978

Re: The Politics Thread - No marine life allowed!

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:40 am

The Logan wrote:I'm beyond disgusted with this administration at this point, but this is next level disgust.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/li ... on-center/

Multiple women came forward to tell Project South about what they perceived to be the inordinate rate at which women in ICDC were subjected to hysterectomies – a surgical operation in which all or part of the uterus is removed. Additionally, many of the immigrant women who underwent the procedure were reportedly “confused” when asked to explain why they had the surgery, with one detainee likening their treatment to prisoners in concentration camps.

“Recently, a detained immigrant told Project South that she talked to five different women detained at ICDC between October and December 2019 who had a hysterectomy done,” the complaint stated. “When she talked to them about the surgery, the women ‘reacted confused when explaining why they had one done.’ The woman told Project South that it was as though the women were ‘trying to tell themselves it’s going to be OK.’”

“When I met all these women who had had surgeries, I thought this was like an experimental concentration camp. It was like they’re experimenting with our bodies,” the detainee said.

According to Wooten, ICDC consistently used a particular gynecologist – outside the facility – who almost always opted to remove all or part of the uterus of his female detainee patients.

“Everybody he sees has a hysterectomy—just about everybody,” Wooten said, adding that, “everybody’s uterus cannot be that bad.”

“We’ve questioned among ourselves like goodness he’s taking everybody’s stuff out…That’s his specialty, he’s the uterus collector. I know that’s ugly…is he collecting these things or something…Everybody he sees, he’s taking all their uteruses out or he’s taken their tubes out. What in the world.”


It's like they know they can't get away with straight up murdering them so they just remove their ability to reproduce. I just can not withstand another 4 years of this horsefeathering fascist horsefeathers.

"I don't like some of the mean-spiritedness of the Trump administration, but I just can't get myself to vote for the socialist policies the DemocRats would usher in."
--too damn many self-identifying "moderate Republicans" I know
0 x

User avatar
The_Achiever
All-Star
Posts: 1365
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:28 am
x 550
x 304

Re: The Politics Thread - No marine life allowed!

Postby The_Achiever » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:26 am

CyHawk_Cub wrote:
The Logan wrote:I'm beyond disgusted with this administration at this point, but this is next level disgust.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/li ... on-center/

Multiple women came forward to tell Project South about what they perceived to be the inordinate rate at which women in ICDC were subjected to hysterectomies – a surgical operation in which all or part of the uterus is removed. Additionally, many of the immigrant women who underwent the procedure were reportedly “confused” when asked to explain why they had the surgery, with one detainee likening their treatment to prisoners in concentration camps.

“Recently, a detained immigrant told Project South that she talked to five different women detained at ICDC between October and December 2019 who had a hysterectomy done,” the complaint stated. “When she talked to them about the surgery, the women ‘reacted confused when explaining why they had one done.’ The woman told Project South that it was as though the women were ‘trying to tell themselves it’s going to be OK.’”

“When I met all these women who had had surgeries, I thought this was like an experimental concentration camp. It was like they’re experimenting with our bodies,” the detainee said.

According to Wooten, ICDC consistently used a particular gynecologist – outside the facility – who almost always opted to remove all or part of the uterus of his female detainee patients.

“Everybody he sees has a hysterectomy—just about everybody,” Wooten said, adding that, “everybody’s uterus cannot be that bad.”

“We’ve questioned among ourselves like goodness he’s taking everybody’s stuff out…That’s his specialty, he’s the uterus collector. I know that’s ugly…is he collecting these things or something…Everybody he sees, he’s taking all their uteruses out or he’s taken their tubes out. What in the world.”


It's like they know they can't get away with straight up murdering them so they just remove their ability to reproduce. I just can not withstand another 4 years of this horsefeathering fascist horsefeathers.

"I don't like some of the mean-spiritedness of the Trump administration, but I just can't get myself to vote for the socialist policies the DemocRats would usher in."
--too damn many self-identifying "moderate Republicans" I know


Wasn’t ole moderate joe Biden supposed to appeal to these people?

Americans are simply just a different breed of bad and dumb. Bush and trump have just been awful presidents who did untold damage and people are just like *shrug*.
0 x

User avatar
TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 53949
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:47 pm
Location: Perth, W.A.
x 1406
x 2542
Contact:

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby TruffleShuffle » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:25 am

CyHawk_Cub wrote:


every time i see videos like this i think about moving to australia 10 years ago and feel like someone who got off the titanic before it set sail and sank.
4 x
Fred Hornkohl wrote:Go CUBS !!

User avatar
The Logan
Superstar
Posts: 15812
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:03 am
Location: Southport Corridor
x 7090
x 2394

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby The Logan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:44 pm

TruffleShuffle wrote:
CyHawk_Cub wrote:


every time i see videos like this i think about moving to australia 10 years ago and feel like someone who got off the titanic before it set sail and sank.


My GF found out that she is eligible for dual citizenship with Ireland. She's currently trying to track down all the things she needs to do it because she's genuinely afraid of this country imploding upon itself and she wants an escape plan. I'm not at all blaming her for it. Her mom is being a jerk about it though and won't give her a copy of her birth certificate.
0 x
Image

User avatar
gflore34
All-Star
Posts: 4420
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:32 pm
Location: Lansing, MI.
x 41
x 89

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby gflore34 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:46 pm

CubinNY wrote:
CubinNY wrote:
Brian wrote:

He is such a horsefeathers. I mean stone cold [expletive].

I mean the hasshat was talking about exploding trees like they are a real thing.


His lack of intelligence is astounding, I didn't know wild raging fires will die when it gets cold, not from, among other things, a lack of oxygen? I know cutting off the oxygen supply to such a large fire is not realistic, we cannot just simply put snuff it out with a blanket. However, he should know to defer to the experts, every very stable genius person knows this much.
Last edited by gflore34 on Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 38291
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 1451
x 1902

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby OleMissCub » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:58 pm

The Logan wrote:
TruffleShuffle wrote:
CyHawk_Cub wrote:


every time i see videos like this i think about moving to australia 10 years ago and feel like someone who got off the titanic before it set sail and sank.


My GF found out that she is eligible for dual citizenship with Ireland. She's currently trying to track down all the things she needs to do it because she's genuinely afraid of this country imploding upon itself and she wants an escape plan. I'm not at all blaming her for it. Her mom is being a jerk about it though and won't give her a copy of her birth certificate.


She can just request one from the Health Department. No need to have an original or anything. They’ll print her off a copy if she verifies her identity with them.
1 x

User avatar
The Logan
Superstar
Posts: 15812
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:03 am
Location: Southport Corridor
x 7090
x 2394

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby The Logan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:02 pm

OleMissCub wrote:
The Logan wrote:
TruffleShuffle wrote:
every time i see videos like this i think about moving to australia 10 years ago and feel like someone who got off the titanic before it set sail and sank.


My GF found out that she is eligible for dual citizenship with Ireland. She's currently trying to track down all the things she needs to do it because she's genuinely afraid of this country imploding upon itself and she wants an escape plan. I'm not at all blaming her for it. Her mom is being a jerk about it though and won't give her a copy of her birth certificate.


She can just request one from the Health Department. No need to have an original or anything. They’ll print her off a copy if she verifies her identity with them.


Interesting, thansk for the tip.

What about marriage certificates? She needs one of those too of her parents and they just split up and hate each others guts, lol.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 35462
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 1033
x 7239

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:24 pm

0 x
Image

User avatar
Brian
Hall of Fame
Posts: 29919
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Chicago
x 44
x 5707
Contact:

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby Brian » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:26 pm

the website of the Clerk of the Court of whatever county they were married in should have a way to get one
0 x

NewUserName
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6779
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 2:19 am
x 6
x 64

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby NewUserName » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:29 pm

gflore34 wrote:
CubinNY wrote:
CubinNY wrote:He is such a horsefeathers. I mean stone cold [expletive].

I mean the hasshat was talking about exploding trees like they are a real thing.


His lack of intelligence is astounding, I didn't know wild raging fires will die when it gets cold, not from, among other things, a lack of oxygen? I know cutting off the oxygen supply to such a large fire is not realistic, we cannot just simply put snuff it out with a blanket. However, he should know to defer to the experts, every very stable genius person knows this much.


To be fair, the big cloud of smoke blocking the sun will probably lower temperatures
0 x
“There are 2,000 verses of Scripture that call upon us to respond to the needs of the poor. And yet, I find that when Christians talked about values in this last election that was not on the agenda, that was not a concern. ”-Tony Campolo

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 14384
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 2584
x 1606

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:03 pm

NewUserName wrote:
To be fair, the big cloud of smoke blocking the sun will probably lower temperatures

Nature is healing.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 72677
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1462
x 3185

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby Derwood » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:09 pm




Trump retweeted this right at the top of his Twitter feed
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 84218
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 15057
x 17458

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:04 pm

Per the NYT roundup this morning:

During a short walk in her Los Angeles neighborhood a few days ago, my colleague Jill Cowan could smell and feel the smoke that had entered her throat. In Estacada, Ore., southeast of Portland, Lisa Jones told The Washington Post that breathing the air felt “like sticking yourself in a little room with 12 people all around you, smoking cigarettes.” A friend of hers, Deborah Stratton, added, “It burns your chest.”

The worst effects of the wildfires are the direct ones: the deaths, the loss of homes and the destruction of natural habitat. But the secondary pollution effects — from the smoke that is clogging the air — are not minor.

The world’s most polluted cities are typically in Asia, like Delhi, Beijing, Lahore and Dhaka. Over the last few days, though, Portland, Ore., has had significantly worse air quality than any other city in the world. The air in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle hasn’t been quite so bad, but it has still been worse than in virtually any place outside the U.S.


Long-term exposure to the tiny particles in polluted air increases the risk of asthma, lung disorders, heart attacks and strokes. But even short-term exposure can lead to more respiratory problems, as Yifang Zhu, a professor at the U.C.L.A. Fielding School of Public Health, told my colleague Sanam Yar. And this year’s wildfires — some of which have already been going for about a month — may have weeks to burn. California’s wildfire season still has four months left.

“Two months of this kind of air quality is really going to impact people,” Pawan Gupta, a research scientist at the NASA’s Universities Space Research Association, said.


The federal government is basically letting the west coast burn, and it's just yet another thing that slides right back of the current administration's back.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 84218
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 15057
x 17458

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:07 pm

Derwood wrote:


Trump retweeted this right at the top of his Twitter feed


This is a good read:

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... edophilia/

Not that anyone else witnessed the abuse. Nor was there any clear evidence that it was actually happening. But people were sure it was real. It made too much sense, they all agreed. “Everything fell into place,” one of them said. Hundreds, maybe thousands, of otherwise normal, relatively well-adjusted Americans truly believed that a massive ring of occultist pedophiles was operating right under everyone’s noses.

The McMartin preschool scandal of the 1980s was a sort of analog version of the more recent Pizzagate, part of a lurid and misbegotten moral panic about subterranean child abuse. Even though the supposed crimes unfolded thousands of miles and several decades apart, under very different circumstances, the two conspiracy theories share the same rough contours. The McMartin saga, which began in 1983 with accusations made by one boy’s mother, came to encompass fantastical claims about a massive pedophile ring lurking beneath a preschool in Manhattan Beach, California. Pizza­gate was concocted during the 2016 presidential campaign and alleged that prominent figures in the Democratic Party were running a child sex ring in tunnels beneath the Comet Ping Pong pizzeria in a residential Washington, DC, neighborhood. Both spun off into new theories: Amid a full-on national hysteria, McMartin spawned a series of day-care conspiracies, while Pizzagate has led to QAnon, an even wilder conspiracy theory that postulates that President Donald Trump is on the verge of arresting a throng of liberal elites for facilitating and participating in a sprawling child sex ring. Both drew on natural fears about child safety and supercharged them into national phenomena with real-world ramifications. Both of course were fictions.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame
Posts: 23656
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: Pike Road, Al
x 428
x 893

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby CubinNY » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:15 pm

NewUserName wrote:
gflore34 wrote:
CubinNY wrote:I mean the hasshat was talking about exploding trees like they are a real thing.


His lack of intelligence is astounding, I didn't know wild raging fires will die when it gets cold, not from, among other things, a lack of oxygen? I know cutting off the oxygen supply to such a large fire is not realistic, we cannot just simply put snuff it out with a blanket. However, he should know to defer to the experts, every very stable genius person knows this much.


To be fair, the big cloud of smoke blocking the sun will probably lower temperatures

Greenhouse gases are in them clouds.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame
Posts: 23656
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: Pike Road, Al
x 428
x 893

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby CubinNY » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:19 pm

Not that it matters to the Trump-voting public, But Scientific American magazine endorsed Biden. It's the first time in their 175 year history to endorse a Presidential candidate.
0 x

User avatar
JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6175
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 6189
x 2645

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:32 pm

CubinNY wrote:Not that it matters to the Trump-voting public, But Scientific American magazine endorsed Biden. It's the first time in their 175 year history to endorse a Presidential candidate.

Image
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9625
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 454
x 3978

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:56 pm

0 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 19118
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: I CANT BREATHE
x 2601
x 1038

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:58 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOsNsOhyG8I
0 x
Image

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 14384
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 2584
x 1606

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:06 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:

Gen X deserving our scorn over "Okay Boomer" was the curveball I always kind of felt was there and just waiting to unveil itself.

What's the fun Tweet we're gonna @ them with whenever they show how much they suck?
0 x
Image

User avatar
Brian707
All-Star
Posts: 3424
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Algonquin IL
x 1139
x 1454

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby Brian707 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:44 pm

Over 65 for Biden? Well that's surprising. Every old horsefeathers I know besides my dad is a Trumpster
0 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9625
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 454
x 3978

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:05 pm

0 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9625
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 454
x 3978

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:46 pm

8 x

NOLA
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5086
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 1331
x 1027
Contact:

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby NOLA » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:16 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:

I can’t like this enough. Also, what a stupid play by Lindsey Graham. I mean, this play by Harrison was inevitable, right? It just is an open invitation to draw attention to Graham being a lackey for Trump.
1 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9625
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 454
x 3978

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:35 pm

Slumlords must breed their children to be especially dumb.
0 x


Return to “Social”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests