The Politics Thread

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby Derwood » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:55 pm

Brian wrote:

lol pretty sure it's already been figured that the ballots that arrived in the 3 days after election day have no affect on the result

These are first steps towards limiting/abolishing mail-in voting, because horsefeathers any form of democracy that allows Democrats a voice
0 x

Irrelevant Dude
5-Time All-Star

Postby Irrelevant Dude » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:55 pm

Brian wrote:this is insane

That is.... disturbing.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:58 pm

Irrelevant Dude wrote:

That is.... disturbing.

To be fair, all televangelists are creepy weirdos
0 x

Irrelevant Dude
5-Time All-Star

Postby Irrelevant Dude » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:00 pm

Derwood wrote:
Irrelevant Dude wrote:

That is.... disturbing.

To be fair, all televangelists are creepy weirdos

The people laughing along with him is even worse. Utterly brainwashed.
0 x

gflore34
All-Star

Postby gflore34 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:01 pm

How much should Biden go after Trump? I do not agree with a pardon in order to preserve the office argument in Trump's case. Doing so would encourage the future Trump's out there, future Trump's with far more intelligence and ability would know they've nothing to lose. An investigation has to be done in a transparent manner that makes it clear what a wanton criminal Trump is and how he used the office of President to criminal ends. I know many of his supporters will take kindly to being shown up as marks. But, it may help to put an end to his support and safe guard against another Trump.
0 x

Irrelevant Dude
5-Time All-Star

Postby Irrelevant Dude » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:03 pm

gflore34 wrote:How much should Biden go after Trump? I do not agree with a pardon in order to preserve the office argument in Trump's case. Doing so would encourage the future Trump's out there, future Trump's with far more intelligence and ability would know they've nothing to lose. An investigation has to be done in a transparent manner that makes it clear what a wanton criminal Trump is and how he used the office of President to criminal ends. I know many of his supporters will take kindly to being shown up as marks. But, it may help to put an end to his support and safe guard against another Trump.

If you go after him, you better be damn sure that you have a slam dunk case. Even then, I don't think it is a good idea. The more you attack Trump, the stronger he becomes. Completely ignoring him is the way to go.
0 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:09 pm

Trump just fired the Sec of Defense. That’s not petty or anything...
0 x

gflore34
All-Star

Postby gflore34 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:12 pm

Derwood wrote:
Brian wrote:

lol pretty sure it's already been figured that the ballots that arrived in the 3 days after election day have no affect on the result

These are first steps towards limiting/abolishing mail-in voting, because horsefeathers any form of democracy that allows Democrats a voice

That's the key - disenfranchise those who did not vote for Trump, had there been more same day walk voters for Biden, they'd be looking at the legitimacy of those votes. I almost wish it was the tables were turned regarding the voting mechanism, don't know what form the arguments would take. Why doesn't Trump just come out say it? If you didn't vote for me, regardless of the manner in which your vote was cast, it doesn't count. He says everything else he thinks will say his ass.
0 x

CoolHandLuke
All-Star

Postby CoolHandLuke » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:12 pm

Biden should just pick a competent AG and let the justice department do what it does without Biden doing or saying anything.
1 x

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:15 pm

OleMissCub wrote:Trump just fired the Sec of Defense. That’s not petty or anything...

It came out this weekend that he'd prepared a letter of resignation, this looks like a "I qui... NO, NO YOU'RE FIRED" situation.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:17 pm

CoolHandLuke wrote:Biden should just pick a competent AG and let the justice department do what it does without Biden doing or saying anything.

Yeah, no need for Biden to spend any time on that. Biden can focus on COVID and the economy, and you sick a competent, vicious AG on Trump and Co. I would have said Kamala previously, but since she is VP, who do we pick? There is buzz around Andrew Cuomo. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:19 pm

Brian wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:Trump just fired the Sec of Defense. That’s not petty or anything...

It came out this weekend that he'd prepared a letter of resignation, this looks like a "I qui... NO, NO YOU'RE FIRED" situation.

he replaced him with CHRIS MILLER. if there are riots between now and Jan 20, rest assured there will be military involvement
0 x

CoolHandLuke
All-Star

Postby CoolHandLuke » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:29 pm

If a trump case goes to trial someday, is it possible to have an impartial jury?
0 x

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:34 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
CoolHandLuke wrote:Biden should just pick a competent AG and let the justice department do what it does without Biden doing or saying anything.

Yeah, no need for Biden to spend any time on that. Biden can focus on COVID and the economy, and you sick a competent, vicious AG on Trump and Co. I would have said Kamala previously, but since she is VP, who do we pick? There is buzz around Andrew Cuomo. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Doug Jones.
2 x
"It was kind of weird to look in the mirror the first time I tried my hat on." - Mark Bellhorn

Omar
Superstar

Postby Omar » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:34 pm

Brian wrote:

Do you realize, Michael, that we now have to pay him severance?
0 x
┌( ◔_◔)┘

bukie
Superstar

Postby bukie » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:35 pm

John Oliver with a fantastic postmortem on the 2020 election, complete with one last troll job on the Trump administration:

0 x
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:39 pm

I've never bought a piece of merch for a politician, but that logo on the transition website is pretty sharp. A hat with that on it would be nice to have as an anti MAGA hat.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:46 pm

UK wrote:

Doug Jones.

I don't know too much about him. He's just kinda a guy from Alabama, right?
0 x
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:49 pm

UK wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:Yeah, no need for Biden to spend any time on that. Biden can focus on COVID and the economy, and you sick a competent, vicious AG on Trump and Co. I would have said Kamala previously, but since she is VP, who do we pick? There is buzz around Andrew Cuomo. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Doug Jones.

I only know what wikipedia tells me, but being a US attorney for a couple of noteworthy domestic terrorism cases from white supremacists/anti-abortion activists feels very relevant to the work of the AG in the coming years: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Jones_(politician)#U.S._Attorney
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
Superstar

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:50 pm

0 x

bukie
Superstar

Postby bukie » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:51 pm

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
UK wrote:
Doug Jones.

I only know what wikipedia tells me, but being a US attorney for a couple of noteworthy domestic terrorism cases from white supremacists/anti-abortion activists feels very relevant to the work of the AG in the coming years: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Jones_(politician)#U.S._Attorney

He's nationally renown for fighting the Ku Klux Klan, so this should be right up his alley.
0 x
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:02 pm

bukie wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:Image

He's nationally renown for fighting the Ku Klux Klan, so this should be right up his alley.

Fine, I'm sold.

And Politico has him as a front runner. https://www.al.com/news/2020/11/report-says-doug-jones-a-frontrunner-for-post-in-bidens-cabinet.html Much prefer him to Tom horsefeathering Perez.
Politico said other candidates to become attorney general under Biden include California Attorney General Xavier Becerra, former Deputy Attorney General and former Acting Attorney General Sally Yates, and Democratic National Committee Chair Tom Perez.
Last edited by JudasIscariotTheBird on Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Soul
Resident Cat Lady

Postby Soul » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:04 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump simply goes back on the road to hold more rallies. It's his safe space; the only place he really feels comfortable is surrounded by thousands of oblivious cultists who stroke his ego while keeping the real world out of sight.
0 x
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:05 pm

1 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:13 pm

Brian wrote:

https://youtu.be/oLSBbdGlZW4?t=1000
0 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Return to “Social”