The Politics Thread

UK
Hall of Fame

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby UK » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:04 am

Banedon wrote:Thread

His lawyer is what Chuck Todd and Donald Trump's kid would look like if they had a kid.

https://www.scaringilaw.com/attorneys/m ... ingi-esq-/
1 x
"It was kind of weird to look in the mirror the first time I tried my hat on." - Mark Bellhorn

CoolHandLuke
All-Star

Postby CoolHandLuke » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:11 am

UK wrote:

His lawyer is what Chuck Todd and Donald Trump's kid would look like if they had a kid.

https://www.scaringilaw.com/attorneys/m ... ingi-esq-/

Seems to be the Four Seasons Total Landscaping of the legal world.
0 x

Thurman Merman
Starter

Postby Thurman Merman » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:16 pm

https://time.com/5888024/50-trillion-income-inequality-america/
I really wish the biden administration would recognize and actually do something about this.
1 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:21 pm

Thurman Merman wrote:https://time.com/5888024/50-trillion-income-inequality-america/
I really wish the biden administration would recognize and actually do something about this.

They already know it and will do absolutely nothing about it. White voters will make sure of thåt. White people and the GOP are in an abusive relationship that seems to get stronger every year.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:33 pm

0 x

gflore34
All-Star

Postby gflore34 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:17 pm

CubinNY wrote:
Thurman Merman wrote:https://time.com/5888024/50-trillion-income-inequality-america/

They already know it and will do absolutely nothing about it. White voters will make sure of thåt. White people and the GOP are in an abusive relationship that seems to get stronger every year.

The lobbies play an enormous role in facilitating the wealth gap, a reformation of the lobby mechanism would go a long way towards addressing this issue.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:40 pm

gflore34 wrote:
CubinNY wrote:

The lobbies play an enormous role in facilitating the wealth gap, a reformation of the lobby mechanism would go a long way towards addressing this issue.

Yes, radical campaign finance reform and lobbying laws would help immensely. The SCOTUS would likely knock it all out, but at least the law might stand for a while.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:41 pm

Unfortunately, since, it took 40 years to erode the middle class, I figure it will take at least 20-30 years to build it back up. And it's a really tough, esoteric discussion to have and actually prove to the average voter.

It's wild that the goddman prime aged median earner is a mere 50k.
0 x

Soul
Resident Cat Lady

Postby Soul » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:02 pm

CubinNY wrote:
gflore34 wrote:
CubinNY wrote:They already know it and will do absolutely nothing about it. White voters will make sure of thåt. White people and the GOP are in an abusive relationship that seems to get stronger every year.

Yes, radical campaign finance reform and lobbying laws would help immensely. The SCOTUS would likely knock it all out, but at least the law might stand for a while.

I think it's probably worse and more wide ranging than this. Mitch's plan was to produce a highly conservative nationwide Federal judiciary, essentially creating a majority proof brick wall to block anything progressive. I'm sure some things can be done but even in the lower courts, I would think it will be relatively easy to get a quick stay on anything earth shattering while it makes its way ultimately to SCOTUS. And there it dies.
0 x
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:05 pm

Banedon wrote:https://twitter.com/keithboykin/status/1147301694952411136

0 x
Win it for Fred

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:09 pm

This just keeps getting better....

0 x

gflore34
All-Star

Postby gflore34 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:16 pm

You'd think, Trump, so obsessed with how people look at him, think of him and how history will judge him. Would realize his current actions of selfishness, pettiness, childishness will not paint a rosy picture of him in the history books, I know it's probably a ploy to keep his base of supporters. But, at what cost? Yes, he's worst President in our history and that won't change but, he keeps making that picture needlessly darker and darker. Would calling him the Jonas Salk of the 21st century please him and make him get out of the way?
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:24 pm

gflore34 wrote:You'd think, Trump, so obsessed with how people look at him, think of him and how history will judge him. Would realize his current actions of selfishness, pettiness, childishness will not paint a rosy picture of him in the history books, I know it's probably a ploy to keep his base of supporters. But, at what cost? Yes, he's worst President in our history and that won't change but, he keeps making that picture needlessly darker and darker. Would calling him the Jonas Salk of the 21st century please him and make him get out of the way?

He's worried about what is going to happen to him after he's out of office and there is more money to grab from the rubes.
0 x

gflore34
All-Star

Postby gflore34 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:58 pm

CubinNY wrote:
gflore34 wrote:You'd think, Trump, so obsessed with how people look at him, think of him and how history will judge him. Would realize his current actions of selfishness, pettiness, childishness will not paint a rosy picture of him in the history books, I know it's probably a ploy to keep his base of supporters. But, at what cost? Yes, he's worst President in our history and that won't change but, he keeps making that picture needlessly darker and darker. Would calling him the Jonas Salk of the 21st century please him and make him get out of the way?

He's worried about what is going to happen to him after he's out of office and there is more money to grab from the rubes.

I don't think he's worried about no longer having the legal protections the office brings him, I'm certain he believes he's impervious to legal harm. He's also ignorant enough to believe a pardon is going to insulate him from State crimes or those elsewhere, such as Scotland. Must be about keeping up the hustle.
0 x

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:09 pm

He's pretty insulated, he's surrounded by enablers both in person and on tv. Also, I doubt he's going to look at history books at all and thinks Jonas Salk is the actor from Superbad.

He's going for as many short-term gains as poss. and not worry beyond 1/20/21.

He wants Biden to fail and if it costs lives to make Biden's transition more difficult... "horsefeathers them, they didn't vote for me anyways".
0 x
"It was kind of weird to look in the mirror the first time I tried my hat on." - Mark Bellhorn

gflore34
All-Star

Postby gflore34 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:22 pm

UK wrote:

He's pretty insulated, he's surrounded by enablers both in person and on tv. Also, I doubt he's going to look at history books at all and thinks Jonas Salk is the actor from Superbad.

He's going for as many short-term gains as poss. and not worry beyond 1/20/21.

He wants Biden to fail and if it costs lives to make Biden's transition more difficult... "horsefeathers them, they didn't vote for me anyways".

Unfortunately, a good number of them did.
0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:32 pm

We all knew he was a scumbag, but...

0 x

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:35 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:We all knew he was a scumbag, but...

This would be a major ordeal if a Dem did this and would force anyone who did this in the past out of office, but ho hum, another day another GOP scumbag trying to openly thwart our democracy and getting away with it
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:49 pm

1 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

gflore34
All-Star

Postby gflore34 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:33 pm

The Logan wrote:

This would be a major ordeal if a Dem did this and would force anyone who did this in the past out of office, but ho hum, another day another GOP scumbag trying to openly thwart our democracy and getting away with it

Certainly, wish these SOS's would tell him to go horsefeathers himself.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:16 pm

In unsurprising news:
1 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

NOLA
5-Time All-Star

Postby NOLA » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:18 pm

gflore34 wrote:
The Logan wrote:

Certainly, wish these SOS's would tell him to go horsefeathers himself.

The Republican SOS in Georgia basically has.
0 x

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:19 pm

Here's a thread updating the currently ongoing hearing in Pennsylvania where Giuliani is appearing
0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:24 pm

I have never really had an urge to go to law school, never a desire to become a judge. But if I had one wish right now, it would be to be the judge that listens to today's Rudy argue any case.
1 x

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:28 pm

Some potential good news in more ways than one.

I'm sure some will think about and change their votes..
0 x

Return to “Social”