The Politics Thread

CubinNY
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24031
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: Pike Road, Al
x 493
x 1061

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby CubinNY » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:45 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:That people actually think there's a realistic chance of Trump ever being arrested is horsefeathering WILD to me. What world have you been living in.

There is an excellent chance he is arrested in NY. Whether he spends any actual time in jail is a different matter.
0 x

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 35876
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 1094
x 7817

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:46 pm

2 x
Image

User avatar
Soul
Resident Cat Lady
Posts: 41686
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:19 pm
Location: In the throes of Cub madness
x 45
x 155

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby Soul » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:49 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
David wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:That people actually think there's a realistic chance of Trump ever being arrested is horsefeathering WILD to me. What world have you been living in.


yeah, i gotta say, i'm far from an expert in such things but, as much as i'd love to see it, i have a really hard time seeing him ever facing any real consequences.


Yeah, I'd love it, but the most you're gonna see is a bunch of lawsuits and plea deals and bargaining and horsefeathers at best. No chance he's ever getting a perp walk, and he probably won't even set foot in a court room, too.


Well that really sucks and I'd love to come back here in a few months and go "see Mojo you were wrong ahah!"
1 x
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 84764
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 15773
x 18058

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:54 pm

Soul wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
David wrote:
yeah, i gotta say, i'm far from an expert in such things but, as much as i'd love to see it, i have a really hard time seeing him ever facing any real consequences.


Yeah, I'd love it, but the most you're gonna see is a bunch of lawsuits and plea deals and bargaining and horsefeathers at best. No chance he's ever getting a perp walk, and he probably won't even set foot in a court room, too.


Well that really sucks and I'd love to come back here in a few months and go "see Mojo you were wrong ahah!"


Me too.
0 x

NewUserName
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6807
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 2:19 am
x 6
x 76

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby NewUserName » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:54 pm

Soul wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
David wrote:
yeah, i gotta say, i'm far from an expert in such things but, as much as i'd love to see it, i have a really hard time seeing him ever facing any real consequences.


Yeah, I'd love it, but the most you're gonna see is a bunch of lawsuits and plea deals and bargaining and horsefeathers at best. No chance he's ever getting a perp walk, and he probably won't even set foot in a court room, too.


Well that really sucks and I'd love to come back here in a few months and go "see Mojo you were wrong ahah!"


Billionaires rarely go to jail
0 x
“There are 2,000 verses of Scripture that call upon us to respond to the needs of the poor. And yet, I find that when Christians talked about values in this last election that was not on the agenda, that was not a concern. ”-Tony Campolo

User avatar
JennieGarthAlgar
All-Star
Posts: 1384
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:20 am
Location: Peoria Hills, 61630
x 896
x 553

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby JennieGarthAlgar » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:12 pm

NewUserName wrote:
Soul wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
Yeah, I'd love it, but the most you're gonna see is a bunch of lawsuits and plea deals and bargaining and horsefeathers at best. No chance he's ever getting a perp walk, and he probably won't even set foot in a court room, too.


Well that really sucks and I'd love to come back here in a few months and go "see Mojo you were wrong ahah!"


Billionaires rarely go to jail


They are talking about trump though
10 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 73366
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1546
x 3363

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby Derwood » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:49 pm

A small bit of karmic retribution will come when Jared, Ivanka, Eric, Jr. etc. are no longer welcome in the social circles of New York. Sorry, your dad is a [expletive], so no, you don't get to come to the blah blah blah charity board of directors Thursday tea at the Four Seasons, Ivanka
0 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 19851
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: I CANT BREATHE
x 3123
x 1169

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:52 pm

Derwood wrote:A small bit of karmic retribution will come when Jared, Ivanka, Eric, Jr. etc. are no longer welcome in the social circles of New York. Sorry, your dad is a [expletive], so no, you don't get to come to the blah blah blah charity board of directors Thursday tea at the Four Seasons, Ivanka

I feel like you have a far better opinion of east coast elites then I do. I fully expect them to be welcomed back to those circles
0 x
Image

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
Superstar
Posts: 10571
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 516
x 4825

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:00 pm

0 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
Superstar
Posts: 10571
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 516
x 4825

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:02 pm

0 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
Superstar
Posts: 10571
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 516
x 4825

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:06 pm

My cynicism runs deep. This kind of horsefeathers doesn't even phase me anymore. And it kinda sucks.

0 x

User avatar
JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6746
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 6807
x 2992

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:13 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:My cynicism runs deep. This kind of horsefeathers doesn't even phase me anymore. And it kinda sucks.


People care WAY too much what musicians think.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 35876
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 1094
x 7817

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:15 pm

8 x
Image

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 81529
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 3588
x 5584
Contact:

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:52 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
Derwood wrote:A small bit of karmic retribution will come when Jared, Ivanka, Eric, Jr. etc. are no longer welcome in the social circles of New York. Sorry, your dad is a [expletive], so no, you don't get to come to the blah blah blah charity board of directors Thursday tea at the Four Seasons, Ivanka

I feel like you have a far better opinion of east coast elites then I do. I fully expect them to be welcomed back to those circles


Not that I believe this is actually going to happen but this is an article I read regarding this last week:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/14/politics ... index.html
0 x
Win it for Fred

CubinNY
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24031
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: Pike Road, Al
x 493
x 1061

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby CubinNY » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:41 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:
Derwood wrote:A small bit of karmic retribution will come when Jared, Ivanka, Eric, Jr. etc. are no longer welcome in the social circles of New York. Sorry, your dad is a [expletive], so no, you don't get to come to the blah blah blah charity board of directors Thursday tea at the Four Seasons, Ivanka

I feel like you have a far better opinion of east coast elites then I do. I fully expect them to be welcomed back to those circles


Not that I believe this is actually going to happen but this is an article I read regarding this last week:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/14/politics ... index.html

Florida is the perfect place for those two horsefeathers.
0 x

User avatar
gflore34
All-Star
Posts: 4826
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:32 pm
Location: Lansing, MI.
x 84
x 130

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby gflore34 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:57 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:


Did Dems pull any of this horsefeathers in 2016?
0 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 19851
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: I CANT BREATHE
x 3123
x 1169

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:12 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:
Derwood wrote:A small bit of karmic retribution will come when Jared, Ivanka, Eric, Jr. etc. are no longer welcome in the social circles of New York. Sorry, your dad is a [expletive], so no, you don't get to come to the blah blah blah charity board of directors Thursday tea at the Four Seasons, Ivanka

I feel like you have a far better opinion of east coast elites then I do. I fully expect them to be welcomed back to those circles


Not that I believe this is actually going to happen but this is an article I read regarding this last week:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/14/politics ... index.html



yea but, they'll win them back with "we know how to commit treason, horsefeathers on the Hatch Act, get PAID and get away with it all" tho
0 x
Image

User avatar
Irrelevant Dude
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7017
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:40 am
Location: In a Glass Case of Emotion
x 33
x 375

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby Irrelevant Dude » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:19 pm

What is going on in Pennsylvania is absolutely ridiculous, with certification votes along partisan lines. What is the historical precedent for counties deciding not to certify votes? Is there any potential punishment for people who are voting against certification without merit? I have no idea how we move forward from here without this becoming the new normal for every future election.
0 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 19851
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: I CANT BREATHE
x 3123
x 1169

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:38 pm

CubinNY wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:I feel like you have a far better opinion of east coast elites then I do. I fully expect them to be welcomed back to those circles


Not that I believe this is actually going to happen but this is an article I read regarding this last week:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/14/politics ... index.html

Florida is the perfect place for those two horsefeathers.

why do you say that? Is there a supermax in Florida you are particularly fond of?
0 x
Image

User avatar
Irrelevant Dude
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7017
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:40 am
Location: In a Glass Case of Emotion
x 33
x 375

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby Irrelevant Dude » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:41 pm

Geraldo Rivera - The voice of reason.

0 x

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 62866
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 11073
x 6182

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby David » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:01 pm

Last edited by David on Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 62866
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 11073
x 6182

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby David » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:04 pm

Irrelevant Dude wrote:Geraldo Rivera - The voice of reason.



let's not get too crazy patting this guy on the back for stating the obvious

a few days ago he was saying we should call the vaccines "trumps" to soften the blow of the loss (oh nm they mention it here lol).
0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 68718
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 7119
x 7067

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby Banedon » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:11 pm

even though Donald Trump hasn't conceded there is one clear sign his post-presidency life is taking shape: Secret Service agents in the president's detail are being asked whether they're interested in transferring to Palm Beach, Florida, sources have told ABC News.


https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/secret- ... d=74364989
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 73366
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1546
x 3363

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby Derwood » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:44 pm

Michigan has certified its results
3 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 68718
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 7119
x 7067

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby Banedon » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:44 pm

0 x


Return to “Social”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Andy, Bertz, Google Adsense [Bot], SeldomSeen and 7 guests