The Politics Thread

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby OleMissCub » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:14 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:

That’s a heck of a lot more blue than you usually see in the flyover states on those district maps. Attaboy, Donald.
0 x

gflore34
5-Time All-Star

Postby gflore34 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:21 pm

OleMissCub wrote:
CyHawk_Cub wrote:

That’s a heck of a lot more blue than you usually see in the flyover states on those district maps. Attaboy, Donald.

On queue GA GOP putting together legislation to eliminate early voting on Sundays so, predictable and pathetic.
0 x

NOLA
5-Time All-Star

Postby NOLA » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:51 pm

I know it’s a small thing, but this brings me joy. I am all in favor of sports stadiums, theatres, etc, putting restrictions on anti-vaxers or anti-maskers.

1 x

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:09 pm

NOLA wrote:I know it’s a small thing, but this brings me joy. I am all in favor of sports stadiums, theatres, etc, putting restrictions on anti-vaxers or anti-maskers.

I'm in favor of them being refused service.
1 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:57 pm

0 x

CyHawk_Cub
Superstar

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:47 am

Joe Manchin (D-WV....Ostensibly), who voted to confirm Bill Barr, the execrable Rich Grennell, et al, sez no to ending Cancel Culture.

0 x

seanimal
stats enthousiast

Postby seanimal » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:47 am

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:Now, this is completely a "screen turned sideways" hypothetical. Let's imagine someone here was hyping how much Elon Musk payed every year in taxes. "He pays the third most taxes of any American citizen, and this should be respected," says the hype man. Then, a guy with a huge hard on points out that Musk pays less relative to his income than hard-on guy does, because of how stock option taxation is structured. The hype man dismisses this as as a drunkard lamppost argument, and two days later, after many gifs and no actual arguments, the bickering has come to a boring end. But wait! Not so fast! He reveals that Elon actually pays the SECOND most taxes in the US. Well aren't our faces red!? This changes everything!

do you save all these slights in a notepad so you can refer back to them or are they just constantly simmering to the top, warmed by the fires of your impotent rage?
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:41 am

OleMissCub wrote:
CyHawk_Cub wrote:

The districts are scaled for population.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:01 am

seanimal wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:Now, this is completely a "screen turned sideways" hypothetical. Let's imagine someone here was hyping how much Elon Musk payed every year in taxes. "He pays the third most taxes of any American citizen, and this should be respected," says the hype man. Then, a guy with a huge hard on points out that Musk pays less relative to his income than hard-on guy does, because of how stock option taxation is structured. The hype man dismisses this as as a drunkard lamppost argument, and two days later, after many gifs and no actual arguments, the bickering has come to a boring end. But wait! Not so fast! He reveals that Elon actually pays the SECOND most taxes in the US. Well aren't our faces red!? This changes everything!

do you save all these slights in a notepad so you can refer back to them or are they just constantly simmering to the top, warmed by the fires of your impotent rage?

I don't think it's fair I'm both a hard on and impotent at the same time. What's the claim? Projection? Very penile putdowns. I just have a good memory.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:56 pm

Is seanimal saying you have one or is he suggesting you are one?
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:03 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:Is seanimal saying you have one or is he suggesting you are one?

Insightful!
0 x
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

seanimal
stats enthousiast

Postby seanimal » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:11 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
seanimal wrote:

I don't think it's fair I'm both a hard on and impotent at the same time. What's the claim? Projection? Very penile putdowns. I just have a good memory.

hahaha your reply reminded me that your fan fiction made pretty clear that you missed the point of that post. it wasn't about texas being 3rd or 4th, it was about you and others not even looking at the information presented, and instead, hyper-posting like a scorned 4channer
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:49 pm

seanimal wrote:
seanimal wrote:

hahaha your reply reminded me that your fan fiction made pretty clear that you missed the point of that post. it wasn't about texas being 3rd or 4th, it was about you and others not even looking at the information presented, and instead, hyper-posting like a scorned 4channer

"The information presented" was that Texas ranks 22nd (or whatever the hell, ranking middle of hte pack in the United States is smack dab into a low bar) in renewables. That you mistakenly said they were 4th instead of 3rd in your alternate version of Texas's renewable successes is something no one here cared about, as evidenced by no one correcting you. The number is meaningless if you got it right or wrong. If Juan Pierre took 3rd or 4th in the majors in hits for a season, it wouldn't change the fact that he's a slap leadoff hitter who can't hit for power and walks at a 5% clip.
0 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

seanimal
stats enthousiast

Postby seanimal » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:16 pm

seanimal wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:I don't think it's fair I'm both a hard on and impotent at the same time. What's the claim? Projection? Very penile putdowns. I just have a good memory.

"The information presented" was that Texas ranks 22nd (or whatever the hell, ranking middle of hte pack in the United States is smack dab into a low bar) in renewables. That you mistakenly said they were 4th instead of 3rd in your alternate version of Texas's renewable successes is something no one here cared about, as evidenced by no one correcting you. The number is meaningless if you got it right or wrong. If Juan Pierre took 3rd or 4th in the majors in hits for a season, it wouldn't change the fact that he's a slap leadoff hitter who can't hit for power and walks at a 5% clip.

seems like you care
0 x

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:33 pm

I SAID TED CRUZ JOKES!!!!
5 x
Spoiler: show

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:39 pm

seanimal wrote:
seanimal wrote:

seems like you care

Sure, I care that you are wrong. I don't care how accurate you are while you are being this wrong.

1 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:00 pm

Tim wrote:I SAID TED CRUZ JOKES!!!!

3 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:06 pm

Modzilla

Modzilla

Modzilla
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
Superstar

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:24 am

0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:52 am

minnesotacubsfan wrote:Is seanimal saying you have one or is he suggesting you are one?

Insightful!

you've already related that you do seismology. who does seismology in Colorado other than frackers or oil barons?

either you are concerned about fracking in CO or you work with frackers/oil barons in CO, which makes the possibility of you being a TRUE DICK at 66%

percentages .....
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:36 am

minnesotacubsfan wrote:

Insightful!

you've already related that you do seismology. who does seismology in Colorado other than frackers or oil barons?

either you are concerned about fracking in CO or you work with frackers/oil barons in CO, which makes the possibility of you being a TRUE DICK at 66%

percentages .....

You solved the riddle. I do work in the oil industry. Did you decypher that before or after I said "I work in the oil industry" directly to you a page ago?

But I don't work with "frackers" in CO. Most of them live in Houston or Tulsa. Or the occasional geothermal project for the USGS. I'd prefer to do renewable work, but I take the clients I can get. I've also worked for the prosecution when the US sued BP over the Macondo oil spill. A coworker/friend had a technique to model the oil flow coming out of the riser, and I did the frame stabilization of the video before the magic got working. I don't have that much of a problem with working for oil companies. The world still needs fossil fuels. The better I do my job, the less the environmental impact of fracking. And maybe you are a true environmental hero and don't depend on fossil fuels in any way for your day-to-day life so that you can have moral standing to shame me for my profession, but since that's all but impossible, I'm not worried about it. I'd prefer a world where there was no demand for the job that I do and I can go work at a liquor store or something. Renewables are the way to get pretty close to that scenario. I'm very much in favor of any measure that encourages more renewable energy production.
0 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:28 am

CyHawk_Cub wrote:

What's this about 4 millimeter people?
0 x
Spoiler: show

minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:42 am

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote: And maybe you are a true environmental hero and don't depend on fossil fuels in any way for your day-to-day life so that you can have moral standing to shame me for my profession,.

Nah, like I said I'm pretty lucky in the fact that the community I live and work in is extremely concerned about it.

I'm more pointing out how judgmental you are about Texas of all places. If you want to talk about the percentages that Texas doesn't have, maybe you should be living up to it in your own back yard?
0 x

NonProfitCow
5-Time All-Star

Postby NonProfitCow » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:27 am

horsefeathers this got juicy AF!
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:01 am

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote: And maybe you are a true environmental hero and don't depend on fossil fuels in any way for your day-to-day life so that you can have moral standing to shame me for my profession,.

Nah, like I said I'm pretty lucky in the fact that the community I live and work in is extremely concerned about it.

I'm more pointing out how judgmental you are about Texas of all places. If you want to talk about the percentages that Texas doesn't have, maybe you should be living up to it in your own back yard?

Are you talking about the solar panels in my back yard?
0 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Return to “Social”